Start by marking “Forgotten Promises” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Promises

Forgotten Promises

Perfect for fans of Jay Crownover and Jennifer L. Armentrout, this edgy, seductive novel from Jessica Lemmon (“An author to keep your eye on!”—Katee Robert) introduces the ultimate bad boy . . . and a love that crosses all boundaries.

Morgan Young had a perfect upbringing, and now she’s got a perfect boyfriend and a perfect future—until her twenty-first birthday changes
Published January 19th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Promises

NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Angel" stars***

I have to admit that i wasn't imagine that this book would be so interesting!!!
Yep, everything got out of hand really quickly and the emotions were built equal fast, but the story was captivating...

I liked both characters very much and i enjoyed their unique connection!!!
This was my first reading from Jessica Lemmon but i guarantee you that it won't be the last...

Well, Morgan Young was a priviledged girl who had everything in her perfect life...
On her birthday, she discove
Dali
Currently (05/10/2016) 99cents

A plethora of touching emotions. Forgotten Promises is an intense, poignant and hopeful romance encased in a gritty and captivating story about the quintessential good girl and an unmistakable bad boy.
“She’s light. I’m darkness. I have no way to hide with her near.”

Morgan Young was thrilled and looking forward to celebrating her twenty first birthday with a surprise from her boyfriend. She just wasn’t prepared for it to be of the horribly unpleasant kind. But M
Jen
4 Heartbreaking Stars

An idyllic setting can hide the ugliest of lies— I know that better than anyone.

Morgan Young’s twenty first birthday isn’t turning out quite like she’d planned. After finding out her boyfriend and BFF have been sneaking around behind her back, all she wants is a bottle of wine and her bathtub.

Tucker Noscalo is on a mission. After being released from prison, his only goal is to bring down the chief of police that set him up and sent him there. Did I mention the chief is Tucke
Jessica Lemmon
Aug 03, 2015 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dear Reader,

**UPDATE** Video trailer! Watch HERE!

Super excited about this new book coming out in January 2016! Those of you familiar with Jessica Lemmon will recognize my voice in this book, but the subject matter might be darker than you're used to. No worries, though, you can expect the same rich, emotional payoff, a romance, and a happy-ever-after. I wouldn't let you down on that front. ;)

Here is a look at the book page on my website: click HERE.

Happy (intense!) reading,
Jess :)
Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I just finished reading this amazing and heartbreaking story, and all I can think of is poor Tucker. What that men went through is simply put horrific and no child should ever experience such betrayal by the one person, who they love the most and look up to!

description

The story is exactly as described in blub. It starts with Tucker just getting out of prison, with the plan to bring down his father, the towns crooked chief of police and get som
Paige
2 "Quick" Stars

Forgotten Promises is a short read about an ex-con and a slightly spoiled sweet girl. Having known each other for years, they've not really ever interacted but once in school. Now that Tucker is out of prison he's set on righting the wrongs done to him. Running into Morgan on her 21st birthday at an out of the way, run down gas station wasn't what he expected. But he takes advantage of the situation and essentially kidnaps her so that he can try and convince her lawyer father that
Mandy
This was an amazing! I wasn't expecting such an emotional and heartbreaking story. This was told in dual POV and learning about Tucker and everything he went through was just devastating. Forgotten Promises is fast-paced even with a lot of internal monologue and I didn't want to put it down once I started. Even with such a heart breaking story, this author still managed to make a sexy, sweet and somewhat suspenseful romance. I really loved this book and look forward to reading more by this autho ...more
XxTainaxX
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an interesting switch to traditional in a few ways and very tactful with a sensitive subject. Tucker is desperate to protect others from an evil he is all too familiar with. He met Morgan a long time ago and now that he's back, needs her help. Desperately. Morgan has had a bad day. Really bad. Now she's stuck with Tucker and he didn't necessarily ask. The story is written well and quite emotional. Once Tucker comes out of his shell, it's definitely sexy.

ARC received in exchange for an ho
Debbie I Heart YA Books

Sometimes when I review a book, I wish I could just say: "This story is absolutely amazing! Please, just go buy the book!" and that would be enough said. Why? Because I don’t want to give away any spoilers; I just want to stress how much I loved it. And with a story like this, it's easy to do. I love this story so,so very much. So, less is going to be more with this review. And the more is: Tucker Noscalo. OMG, this guy is beautiful. Readers are used to the norm when it comes to a bad boy. Like
Alyse
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews, please follow my blog:

On the night of her twenty-first birthday, Morgan Young's perfect little life takes a turn. She discovers that her boyfriend and her best friend have been cheating on her. Morgan decides to get drunk to cover up the pain of losing her (ex) best friend and (ex) boyfriend. She goes to the first convenience store on her long walk home to get some cheap wine when she runs into someone she remembers from school.

Tucker Noscalo is fr
Denise
3.5 Unbroken Promises

Morgan never expected her day to get any worse. Finding out on your 21st birthday that your boyfriend is cheating on you with your best friend, would take the cake. What made it even worse was being kidnapped by the one person you didn't expect. And finding out the reason behind her kidnapping leaves her becoming a different, but same person at the end. With a bit more to loose.

Tucker just wants vengeance and the truth to be free. His past continues to haunt him and he can
A. Cook
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Promises Unexpectedly intense read with an unexpected hero.The story has a storyline that's just heart breaking. Tucker is an escape artist of sorts. His escapes haven’t been from the prison cell he’d been sitting in. Nor was it from an after hours bank heist. Tucker spent his young life escaping from a nightmare that happened to be his father. So, Tucker the antihero is the only cape worthy figure of this semi dark tale. Even though he’s reluctantly wearing his cape … that heavy mantl ...more
Mirabella
Irene
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 emotional stars

Forgotten Promises was so much more than I expected.
The storyline was emotional, heartbreaking and very entertaining.

My interest was captured from the first page, I didn't want to put it down. I needed to know how were these two people ever going to get their HEA, I couldn't see an out for them.
Both Tucker and Morgan were likable characters, I enjoyed watching their relationship unfold.

While I liked Morgan my heart went out to Tucker, I really felt for him, so many times I wan
1-Click Addict Support Group
This story was so much! It was dark, sad and emotional, yet at the same time, it was light, full of redemption and full of love. I couldn’t get enough of it!

“I’m sorry?” I say to him, not the least bit sorry. “You have needs involving your penis in Shayna’s vagina?” “In my mouth, actually,” she interjects and it’s such a skanky thing to say I feel my mouth drop open.

This is how Morgan spends her twenty first birthday; finding out her boyfriend is cheating on her with her best friend. However, sh
Meredith
Nov 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

**Reviewer's note: This book deals with past sexual abuse, and interrupted sexual assault and some self harm. There are also a couple of intense scenes of kidnapping and being held against will.

From the first book I read by Jessica Lemmon I was a fan and I have enjoyed everything she's written, some I've loved beyond reason and I did love this book, but this is not a happy and fun book. Forgotten Promises is dark, a bit twisted, gut-wrenchin
Nicole
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arcs

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review

^^4,5^^ intense stars from me

That was a very dark emotional story....

....but also a story with a meaning about people like Tucker and his brother, i don't want to dig into that subject not only for not spoiling but also because is a sensitive subject.

Now about the story Morgan celebrates her twenty-first birthday but she didn't expect that today her simple and in order life to turn upside down, not only by her boyfriend's news but als

sue
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Well well well well well....
This is a book that has indeed surprised me.

I am trying to catch up on some past books I missed that had fallen down my Kindle and this is one of them.
I probably wouldn't have selected this one to read from Net Galley due to the cover. I always think that these guys are about sex, sex and more erotica sex. Nothing wrong in that! But its not the kind I want to personally keep reading, so I tend to vary my reading material to make each genre new again, if you know what
Strider28
I was so moved by this book. Rarely am I left feeling so complete after reading a romance book but Forgotten Promises did just that.
A desperate man. A kidnapping. A villain. A slow and reluctant friendship then romance begins and progresses to a powerful love between two people who will touch your heart and then crush it when they separate.
Ms. Lemmon develops her characters beautifully. I felt like I was there with them and I got to know them. She has written one of the most romantic love stor
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends
 photo ARC REVIEW_zps2snz3i0j.jpg

Link: http://collectorofbookboyfriends.com/...

Whatever I say about Jessica Lemmon’s books will be little. Even if Forgotten Promises is the second book I read by her, I can see clear-as-day that she knows how to pull gems out of her pockets. Or more accurately out of her gorgeous imagination! I can’t describe how much I loved every single second I spent reading this amazing story.

In Forgotten Promises, Lemmon make us witnesses of not only and amazing love story, but also of a very special momen
Heather andrews
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Tucker has some issues, he's been through some things but damn if the boy ain't sexy, “that’s not it, trust me.” His voice is low and husky when he says, “I want you to touch me.” This book was heartfelt and it wasn't hard to fall in love with Tucker.
Doris
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy received via Net Gallery in exchange for honest review.

Review closer to release date.
Amy
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
So, I think this is going to be one of those books that you’re either going to love or you’re going to hate. For me, I thought that it was just an ok read. The story started off really promising. When we first meet Morgan, it’s her 21st birthday and her boyfriend has dumped her. If that doesn’t sound bad enough, she finds out that he’s been cheating on her with her best friend. She doesn’t think the day could possibly get any worse. Well, she’s about to find out how much more worse her day can g ...more
☕ Kimberly
Caffeinated Aspects of Forgotten Promises

Love um' or hate um' Lemmon writes characters that get the reader emotionally invested. Tucker Noscalo is one such character. At first glance, he is a rebel and criminal who turned his back on his middle class upbringing, but as Lemmon peeled back his layers, she melted my heart. He will make mistakes that will anger you, but he is redeemable and worthy so read on.
Morgan Young is celebrating her twenty-first birthday and everything that can go wrong d
Kim
Arc kindly provided in exchange of an honest review.

This is my first book from Jessica Lemmon and I loved it!

“She’s light. I’m darkness. I have no way to hide with her near.”

Tucker is a broken man, and I rooted for him throughout the book. I think if we didn’t have his perspective, it would have been a different story. I fell in love with Tucker.
I mean come on who doesn’t love a tortured hero or anti-hero.?

photo tumblr_nc2gflv1ws1ql56ddo1_500_zps1myehhrc.gif

“I never earned you.”

Oh I swooned like a love sick puppy….

photo Why mouth_zpszqja28yz.gif

Tucker has a ho
Christi Snow
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
This book was so, so good. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a criminal hero...the ultimate bad boy. The twist in this story though...Tucker's father is the chief of police in their community. Oh yeah, there's MUCH MORE to Tucker's story than what everyone sees.

There is so much deep emotion to this book. Tucker is trapped. He can't go back to jail. He just can't and then just like a sign from Heaven, Morgan is thrown into his path. Morgan, whose father is one of the best defense attorn
Danielle
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a different book from Lemmon of what I become to expect from her but I loved it. In this book Lemmon pushes the boundaries of a hero that I loved, hated and wanted to rescue.

The story starts off with Tucker being released from prison and looking to finally make his dad pay for the horrible past he and his bother endured. What Tucker doesn't plan is to run in Morgan.

Morgan is having the worst birthday. She finds out her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. After walking to get
Keep Calm Novel On
NetGalley provided a copy of the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Morgan Young has plans for her twenty-first birthday. Little does she realize that her life is far from perfect. Her boyfriend is a disappointment to say the least.

Tucker Noscalo is a bad boy by reputation and has just been released from prison. He is on a mission to settle a score and does not need or want any distractions.

Morgan escapes her birthday party and ends up at a convenience store. Tucker is at the store as well. T
  • Hold Me Down (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #3)
  • This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)
  • Rolling in the Deep (Lopez Brothers, #1)
  • Getting Rough (Monkey Business Trio, #2)
  • Strip You Bare (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #4)
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
  • A SEAL Forever (West Coast Navy SEALs, #3)
  • Dex (Kinky Shine, #1)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • His to Love (Fireside, #1)
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Project Virgin
  • One Night with Hemsworth (One Night Series, #1)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Life's a Beach (Hawaii Heat, #1)
  • Against the Wall
A former job-hopper, Jessica Lemmon resides in Ohio with her husband and rescue dog. She holds a degree in graphic design currently gathering dust in an impressive frame. When she’s not writing super-sexy heroes, she can be found cooking, drawing, drinking coffee (okay, wine), and eating potato chips. She firmly believes God gifts us with talents for a purpose, and with His help, you can create th ...more