Start by marking “As the Ink Flows: Devotions to Inspire Christian Writers” as Want to Read:
As the Ink Flows: Devotions to Inspire Christian Writers

As the Ink Flows: Devotions to Inspire Christian Writers

A devotional by writers for writers, integrating the craft of working with words with the faith of people of the Word to deepen, sustain, and expand ministry in the world. This collection of 90 devotions features a focus Scripture, a brief meditation on the text and the writing experience, and a prompt for personal reflection and creative response.
Published April 1st 2016 by Judson Press

To ask other readers questions about As the Ink Flows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As the Ink Flows

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
As the Ink Flows isn’t just for writers – though that’s certainly its audience. All I write is a blog (lol) and I have been blessed by these devotions all the same.

The five co-authors have written a total of ninety devotions that span six different sections, covering spiritual insights into the writing craft itself as well as into the writer. And above all, each reading, prayer, and exercise points back to THE Author, the One who started our faith and the One who will carry it to completion. A B
Carrie Turansky
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As the Ink Flows is a unique book that will inspire writers with thoughtful devotions and challenge them to think more deeply about their craft and their Creator. I like the variety of topics that were chosen and the wisdom the authors shared. Writers will especially appreciate the reflection section that gives them space to process what they've read. I highly recommend this book to all writers who are looking for encouragement and inspiration.
Elizabeth "Eli" Olmedo
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must-have for Christian writers, As the Ink Flows inspires readers to simultaneously grow in their craft and spiritual walk. Glenda Dekkema, Melony Teague, Carol Ford, Claudia Loopstra, and Marguerite Cummings penned 90 devotions that convey solid and practical truths and advice.

Each entry starts with a Bible verse, followed by a brief and relevant devotion, and concludes with a prayer. The authors make the experience interactive by providing readers with the opportunity to reflect on the less
Winnie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As the Ink Flows is a collection of ninety devotions written by five authors to inspire Christian writers and/or speakers. Although I am not a writer, I enjoyed reading through the different devotions, the prayers, reflections, and prompts included in each selection. They are inspiring, uplifting, and a very valuable help to those who are striving to be more spiritual in their writing or speaking. I would also recommend this for those who keep journals or would like to use the devotions to enhan ...more
Tandy Balson
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ask the Ink Flows inspired and encouraged me to delve deeper into my relationship with God. The reflections and writing prompts that follow the devotions are sure to stir the creative juices of Christian writers and speakers. This book will also be a valuable resource for writing groups.
Janet Sketchley
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
As the Ink Flows is a collection of ninety devotions from five Canadian writers and speakers. The contents are divided by topic: “the craft, inspiration, know yourself, well-being, personalities, and faithfulness.”

The devotional component of each entry is the standard Scripture quote, devotional thought, and prayer, but what sets these devotions apart is the application portion. Each one includes a question for reflection and a writing prompt for the day.

This is an approachable resource that wil
Rachel
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It has been a LONG time since I have done any writing outside of my reviews (journaling/poetry/creative ramblings) and in just a few days of reading these devotions, my passion was reignited and the encouragement is exhilarating! I really enjoyed the prayer at the end of each devotion entry. The prompts and activities are excellent to motivate those creative juices. Whether you are a blogger, speaker, author or you just enjoy expressing yourself through writing, this devotional is for you!
Carla Laureano
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whether they are beginners or seasoned pros, writers and speakers of all types will find inspiration and gentle encouragement within the pages of As the Ink Flows. It's a breath of fresh air for the creative soul!
Robert
Apr 07, 2016
Loraine Nunley
Aug 14, 2017
Melony
Sep 03, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ruth Kyser