Start by marking “Annie's Room” as Want to Read:
Annie's Room

Annie's Room

1945 and 2015. Seventy years apart, two girls named Annie move into the same room in the same remote house. Their lives are very different, but tragedy is about to bring them crashing together. Annie Riley has just broken both her legs. Unable to get out of bed, she's holed up in her new room and completely reliant upon her family for company. She's also the first to notic ...more
Published September 2nd 2015 by Dark Season Books

Start your review of Annie's Room
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4.5 Annie Needs To Be Loved Stars ☆☆☆☆

If ghosts and creepiness scare you...don't open this book!!

photo PicsArt_01-03-09.43.59_zpsyio2eqxu.jpg

Annie and her family move from New York to an old home in a small town out in the openness of land.

photo tumblr_n96e2f2nJy1slpn8go1_400_zpsodjrlnyf.gif

Annie doesn't like this move but she has little choice as she is confined to her new room after breaking both her legs in a biking accident.

From the start of this book, Annie senses there is someone else's presence in the house.

She has seen this other presence out her window.

photo tumblr_ma3ij6D11k1ry97vio1_500_zpskxt9guae.gif

Annie lear
Angel Gelique
This is an awesome ghost story with a good, creepy feel to it. At first it seemed as though it was meant for younger audiences. It had an R.L. Stine's Goosebumps sort of feel to it. And then...it didn't. It grew progressively dark and disquieting.

Seventy-one years ago, Annie Garrett lived in the same house, within the same room, as Annie Riley, whose family just moved in from New York. Poor Annie Riley had a biking accident which left both of her legs in hard casts. She has been bedridden since
Sandy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-books
What a creepy little story. I just flew through it. A creepy old house at the edge of the forest and a lake. Magical. Oh and the ghosts, must never forget the ghosts.

3 1/2 hours just flew by. It’s such a gripping little ghost story. Three girls named Annie, two dead ofcourse, a family going to hell pretty fast after moving houses and a past kept hidden. Oh so perfect. Must say the twists are really wonderful and I didn’t expected that ending. Well not all of it but some of it.

A really easy read
Boundless Book Reviews
Wow! This book was not what I expected, but it was really good.
Annie and her family just moved into a new house. She, having two broken legs, is confined to her new room. Soon her parents begin acting strangely and weird things are being heard and seen around the house. Soon Annie finds she is hopeless to stop the past evil that is coming for her.

This book was really a wild ride. It's not your normal ghost story and so it seemed a lot more frightening. It was full of action and terror. It told a
Shanelle
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The sandpaper...... O.M.G!
BookNerdsBrainDump
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short Take: She was the best of Annies, she was the worst of Annies….

This was another one of those books that I grabbed when it was offered for free. I’ve actually downloaded far more of those than I will probably read in this lifetime, but hey, free books, right? So I tend to download a bunch of them then forget doing so.

In any case, I grabbed a few by Amy Cross, and when I went to put them in my “to be read” folder, I noticed that I already had one of hers in there - Annie’s Room. So being the
Inn Auni
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, horror
An abandoned house for 71 years finally have a new occupants. A neighbor, kind enough to come over and told the occupants of the haunted facts about said house. And my first thought was...run!!!

Annie Riley, her parents and younger brother, Scott, moved into the house. She was confined in bed because of an accident. From the start, she knew or felt there's another presence in the room.

Annie Garrett disappeared one day and her parents were executed for said crime. Her life story was dark and eerie
Nikki
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Man this was some eerie stuff! Whenever the chapter began with "71 years ago" I knew I was in for a messed up treat
Ryan
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Minor spoilers

“...but now I’m in darkness I feel quite certain that the little girl is still there, still watching from the grave.”ANNIE’S ROOM, Amy Cross.

This particular paranormal read was creepy enough to keep me engaged unit the end. The protagonist, or rather victim, Annie Riley, tells the story of how she and her family move to the New York countryside after her tragic biking accident that has left her bedridden with two leg casts straining her efforts for a decent summer.

Backtrack sevent
Amie
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not the best Amy Cross story

I usually really like the stories written by Amy Cross but this one is not one of her better stories, in my opinion. It feels disjointed, at times rushed, and certain elements don't add up or make sense. For instance, modern day Annie has two very broken legs from falling off her bike. It is mentioned that she ran into a truck and another time that she went over a railing. Which is it? How are both of her legs broken but no injuries to her upper body? And where is her
Robert Jackson
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Favorite of Amy Cross' Books

Wow. I've read several of Crow's novels but this was the best. The ending shocked me. Although she has written other horror books, this one is darker than her others. The plot revolves around Annie and her family's move to a strange old house. Because she broke both her legs, Annie is unable to escape from the frightening paranormal events she witnesses. As the novel progresses, Annie's father grows more and more unhinged. I'd definitely recommend this novel. Out o
Jim affleck
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another deeply dark, and deceptively clever psychological thriller by Amy. This has to be another must read novel. Even early Freud himself, may have had trouble coming to terms, with this book's underlying concepts. Amy, so obviously, once again, has gone to greatest lengths of research to make sure this remarkable storyline remains gritty, interesting and on so many levels believable. Oedipus complex, was my recurring thought throughout this book. Brilliantly written, give stars all the way. J ...more
Morgan
Feb 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror, ghosts, meh
A tale of many Annies...

This book has some creepy elements, but it mainly consists of doors opening/closing, bumps in the night, and shadows without much payoff on those scares. I didn't understand the logic behind the "ghost wrath" or frankly much of the plot logic. This reads more like a rough draft of a story, complete with grammatical errors, name and event inconsistencies, and a complete lack of unique character "voices" in their dialogue.

Also be warned that there is a good deal of violence
Phyllis H. Pajka
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Annie's Room by Amy Cross was such an interesting book. A little different than any book I've read before but I really liked it. It was funny at points but mostly very serious. How would you feel with two broken legs in cast and shut up on the top floor, can not get out of bed and not knowing what's going on in the rest of the house? You should really read this book. I think you'd enjoy it a lot.
Alicia Freeman
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie's room is definitely creepy.

Seventy one year's ago Annie Garrett and her family lived in the very house that Annie and her family just moved into. Strange noises and visions start from the beginning and with Annie stuck in bed in her room she can't figure out what could be happening. The ending will have your mouth hanging open in shock!
John Morris
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seriously creepy

It took a while for me to get into this book but I'm glad I persevered with it. Amy Cross is an outstanding writer and her ability to conceive a story like this, for me, only enhances her reputation. This was the author doing what she does best, a subtle blend of traditional ghost story and genuine horror.
heather steigler
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Horror is back

It has been a long time since I read a good horror novel. I'd never read Amy Cross so wasn't expecting Stephen King or John Saul but I was surprised. The book was good! Kept me engrossed in it. No lagging parts. If you like horror you will like this book.
Little Annie is finally happy😀
Josette Thomas
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author really writes some creepy stuff! I find myself feeling a little bit off while reading her books. I just cannot stop until I am finished. I feel that I am drawn into the story rather quickly and then have to get back to the story as soon as I can. Truly creepy ghost story
Maya
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: amy-cross
I'm giving this 3 stars because an extra element was adding at the end that would have benefited from a clearer back story. And though the ending was unexpected, I felt like it was a tiny bit rushed.
Ashlen
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting story but too many mistakes

The story line is interesting and keeps the reader hooked. Unfortunately, there are so many grammatical errors that it lessons the value of the story.
Lesa
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book overall was good. It kept me interested. Just had a few grammatical errors but you could figure out the way it should have read for most part. My current style of books are horror/ghost/suspense so I enjoyed it!
Tracy Richards
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting Read

A very interesting read a little different to previous books by the same author. You feel that you have solved the plot on for the characters to change their direction and follow another path. Well worth a read
Dawn Moon
Review of Annie's Room.

I really liked this book. It didn't scare me as much as I would have liked - but it was definitely a page turner. I have several more to read by Amy Cross... maybe (hopefully) one of them will.
Dawn🍍
Anna
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome Read from Amy Cross!

Putting aside a few errors in sentence structure and spelling errors and you have an awesome read, something that keeps a hold of your attention to the very end. Highly Recommended!
Jan Page
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Bland

I thought this book started off well but then it seemed like something I would have written in school at 14 or 15. I guessed the ending early as the story was so predictable. I wouldn’t be in a rush to read anything else by this author.
Marjori L Oakley
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good one!

I have read several books by this author and I am never let down. Very original ideas and keeps me interested til the end!!
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, reminded me of Stephen Kings Misery in places. Sucked me in from the start & I couldn't put it down, possibly one of my favourite Amy Cross novels yet. ...more
Kori ☾
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, horror
This was freaking AMAZING until the last act which is why this gets 4 stars instead of 5.

Spoilers ahead. The introduction so late of a completely different character made no sense. There were little clues that alluded to a twist, but not enough to warrant a completely new character and make the story take a different turn. Also, this doesn't end in a happy ending which was great too.
Rebecca
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Annies Room is a ghostly thriller which explores the lives of two different girls named Annie, 71 years apart.

The book flips between the lives of the two Annies from chapter to chapter. I found this was a really good way of linking the stories together whilst keeping them in their own eras. A lot of this story is quite predictable, but it's still a good read and despite the fact you know what is likely to happen it's still very gripping in places.

There is a twist at the end which personally I gu
Christy
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I choose this book because of its interesting synopsis and I admit, its cover also drew me to it. I love how the author goes back and for between 70+ years ago and back to present day. I kept wanting to read more and more if this. In fact, I would read until I was nodding of asleep, that's how much it drew me in - I HAD to know what happened next.

This is the third family to live in this old house in approx one hundred years. Ironically, each family a daughter named Annie. You nay b ed thinking

• The Room Upstairs
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • Next Door
  • Worthe's Village (Haunted Village #1)
  • Christopher's Blade (Haunted Village #7)
  • The Haunting of Gillespie House
  • Poisonous Whispers (Haunted Village #5)
  • Deranged Souls (Haunted Village #9)
  • Madhouse
  • If You See Her
  • The Haunted Mine
  • Sacrificial Grounds (The Bell Witch #2)
  • Butcher's Hands (Haunted Village #3)
  • Callie (The Bayou Hauntings #1)
  • Rookwood Asylum: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters (Asylum Series Book 1)
  • Soul Harvest (Haunted Village, #4)
  • My Pretties
  • The Haunting of Rookward House
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum.