Start by marking “A Very Country Christmas (Tippermere #2.5)” as Want to Read:
A Very Country Christmas (Tippermere #2.5)

A Very Country Christmas

(Tippermere #2.5)

A short Christmas story of three courses.

Love is in the air in Tippermere as Lottie dreams of a white Christmas with no trimmings – other than her hot and hunky eventer, Rory. But things are never quite that simple on the Tipping House Estate.

Festive fervour takes over and it isn’t all seasonal peace and goodwill as expectations rise and it soon escalates from cosy dinner

Kindle Edition
Published October 29th 2015 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about A Very Country Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Country Christmas

Deanne Patterson
Sep 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-finished
"Well there goes that book stopping reading immediately! I found the f word in it and that's a no go for me! Such an adorable cover too but the author ruined it for me!"
Elaine
This is a fantastic festive read, I hadn’t read anything by this author before but I’ll certainly look out for her stories in future!

Set in the village of Tippermere, the story starts by introducing the characters - both human and animal. It seems they’ve appeared in another novel but not having read that I don’t think spoilt my enjoyment of this in anyway. It has three main sections, divided by events occurring on particular days, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The author is supe
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Lottie Brinkley can’t wait to spend Christmas with her fiancée, Rory Steel. A quiet day in front of the television and some time spent in the bedroom is what she has envisioned. She is also hoping to get an engagement ring being as Rory has already proposed and she accepted. Somewhere along the way, things go off track and she ends up with a house full instead. This is part of a series and I have not read any of the other books. Saying this, I did enjoy the story even though I did not have any b ...more
Katharina
Oct 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm not a fan of character lists at the beginning of books because really, if you can't make me remember your characters, I won't memorise them ahead of reading. Even less so in a short story.
Where the book actually LOST me were the actual descriptions. And it went downhill from there.
Jane Linfoot
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five twinkly stars for this one. Christmas magic from Tippermere, and a fabulous sparkly festive read. Delicious!
Agi
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

Great feeling to be back in Tippermere, together with all the characters that I grow so fond of - and I don't only mean human characters, oh no! Zara Stoneley is the best specialist in creating brilliant animal characters, and I so missed all the dogs and horses as well! The author delivered a humorous rom - com in the country again, but I haven't expected anything different, and so we're back in Tippermere, the heart and soul of the horsey world of English countryside, that will never change -
Lynn Marie Hulsman
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally pick up novellas, as I'm a full-length fiction kind of reader. I decided to take a chance on this one because I'd been watching Zara Stoneley's country-set horse novels for awhile. I can't say why I never invested in one before now, especially since I love England, I love "worlds" that I know nothing about such as the horsey world of the English countryside, and I love books set around a particular town or location featuring interlocking stories. I am also particularly fond of t ...more
J. Kahele
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wonderful

This was a warm and at times very hot read. It was definitely one of those reads where you kicked back with a glass of wine and enjoyed. Perfect holiday mixer!
John
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a great Christmas story!
Suzanne
A lovely Christmas romance with quirky humour thrown in .. Most enjoyable. I have since found a Tree book by this Author, so I am looking forwards to reading that ..
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Very cute short Christmas read and my first by Zara Stoneley. I have to admit this is my first Bristish terminology book and it through me at times. When your Christmas for two goes array and ends up being for 10+ guests, all-in-all it goes very well for Lottie Brinkley, heir to the Tipping House Estate, except for boiling dry the plum pudding at the dismay of her  gran, Lady Elisabeth Stanthorpe. Lottie insists on having Christmas dinner at her place even after her plans for a quiet day alone w ...more
Kristin Davison
Love the setting and the characters.
Jody
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

Lottie Brinkley can’t wait to spend Christmas with her fiancée, Rory Steel. She already has dreams of a white Christmas, just the two of them in front of the telly with enough Christmas food for days, the house to themselves, and hopefully that one special Christmas present Lottie has secretly been wishing for… But when the merry and kind-hearted spirit of Christmas unexpectedly hits Lottie, she
A Page of  Fictional Love
I'll be straight up with you here, I am not usually a fan of stories with horses or dogs in, I don't know why because it's not as if I don't like horses or dogs - I do. I was surrounded by dogs when I was young and I adore them.. even the Rotties - especially the Rotties, and I wasn't a stranger to horses growing up in the country although I never rode one. However I actually enjoyed this story. A lot.

At first all the characters seem to bombard you with their names but Zara has kindly put a lis
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
Good thing I ignored the cover for A Very Country Christmas because the writing was fab. For me, this cover doesn't exactly scream, "Read me!" I mean, the dog is cute and looks exactly like mine, but what's up with the underwear on a hanger??

The title didn't sound like something I'd want to read, but I chose to ignore that, too. I'm so glad I read it! This novella is like a hidden gem, and even though this is the first book in the series that I've read, I didn't feel like I was missing out on a
Cheryl Steckling
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Very Country Christmas: A Free Christmas Short Story by Zara Stoneley

Tippermere has love in the air. Charlotte “Lottie” Brinkley is in line to inherit the Tipping House Estate where she lives with Rory Steel.
Lottie really wants a quiet Christmas with just Rory and her and has hope that perhaps this Christmas might be special with Rory giving her an engagement ring even though he already proposed. She has a special Santa costume already set to woo Rory.
But the things at the Tipping House Estat
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Very Country Christmas is a look at Christmas in Tippermere. All your favourite characters (apart from Mick) are present, in this celebration of Christmas, set a few months after Country Affairs finished.

Lottie is intending to have a cozy Christmas for two with Rory this year, until the season of goodwill over takes her, and she ends up with a crowded house. Highlights include anything to do with the turkey (named Terrence), and the exploits of the slightly disgraced huntmaster.

As always at
Jane Hunt
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-author
A Very Country Christmas by Zara Stoneley

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

‘A Very Country Christmas’ is a lovely festive romp in Tippermere. Escape to the complex and often humorous lives of the horsey set in Cheshire and share the best and worst of the Christmas holidays.
Packed with comic dialogue and imagery, this story, like the others in the series, is easy to read and visualise. Will Lottie and Rory’s rocky romance survive, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Bo
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews After reading the first two books in this series when I heard there would be a short Christmas filled visit to Tippermere I knew I needed a copy.

This book is set a few months after the end of the second book. Lottie and Rory are happily living in the little love nest on Tipping House Estate.

Some how Lottie inadvertently invites 8 other people to their cozy Christmas Dinner for two. Rory doesn't seem to mind to much, he loves a good party.
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
This book has everything I've come to expect from not just Tippermere but from Stoneley too. Right from the first page you are pulled into Lotties world with such ease its almost as though you are there right beside her. We join Lottie on Christmas Eve as she begins preparations for her quiet Christmas dinner with the man of her dreams Rory, but in true Lottie fashion, nothing goes quite like she planned.
Although a short read, this novella is filled to the brim of laughter and love. Not to ment
Lauren
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story about a woman named Lottie who decides to start accidentally inviting family over for Christmas dinner. She quickly realizes she has no idea what she is doing, which could have been played up a bit more. Her main goal, to get engaged. The story was cute, but something about everyone having to drink, and we trailed off into too many others stories. Plus the constant mentioning of how broke they were, yet they spent money like there was no tomorrow. Over all the plot l ...more
Julia Ibbotson
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A jolly Christmas romp in the country, but I think that if I had read the first books in this series and followed the characters throughout it may have made more impact. This was the first in this series that I had read so maybe there was a lack of familiarity and grasp of significances. I just felt I wanted something less predictable; I like something with more food for thought! But a good light read at this time of year, cosied up in front of a roaring fire!
Ann
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This Christmas novella is part of a series with a cast of characters live in a small English village. It is a simple Christmas dinner for two that snowballs into a massive gathering of family and friends. Easy to read and funny, horse lovers and dog lovers won't be disappointed.
Jess
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
More 3.5.
At times I found it to be a little slow paced; however, I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. What should have been a quick read took longer than expected though. I did see the ending coming a mile away, but it was one of those cheese Christmas reads that I was in the mood for.
Michelle
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I struggled with this story for about half the book. It may just not be a book for me. I did enjoy the second half of the story. This book would be good for someone who loves horses and lots of characters.
Nathan Boxall
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Fun, easy reading. It's a short romantic Christmas. A good pass time.
Brandy ONeal
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
A very sweet easy book. The characters were loveable and intriguing. A very quick read. I just might pop in on them from time to time.
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cute Christmas story and even better as it was free for kindle!
Georgina Wright
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This was slightly predictable, very sweet and so Christmassy!
Lovely short story, I'd read more by Zara!
Emilia
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
what a cute read! :D loved it! :D
« previous 1 3 next »

• Last Christmas
  • Truths of the Soul (Soul Seers, #3)
  • The North Pole Prize
  • Mistletoe in Manhattan
  • Love Is A Four Letter Word
  • The Lost Dragon (Dragon Hunters, #1)
  • The Perfect Treat
  • The Snow Globe
  • Road to Christmas Past
  • Christmas Romance 2015 - Places To See
  • The Crazy Christmas Angel Mystery (Cul-de-sac Kids, #3)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Christmas Kiss (Forever Christmas #2)
  • A Christmas Charade
  • An Evergreen Christmas
  • Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise #3.5)
  • Snowbound With A Stranger
  • Claim Me (A1pha #3)
Zara Stoneley is the USA Today bestselling author of The Wedding Date.

Born in a small village in the UK, she wanted to be a female James Herriot, a spy, or an author when she grew up. After many (many) years, and many different jobs, her dream of writing a bestseller came true.

She writes about friendship, dreams, love, and happy ever afters, and hopes that her tales make you laugh a lot, cry a li

Tippermere (3 books)
  • Stable Mates (Tippermere #1)
  • Country Affairs (Tippermere #2)
  • Country Rivals (Tippermere #3)