Start by marking “Ideal Girl (Irish Hospital Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Ideal Girl (Irish Hospital Romance #1)

Ideal Girl

(Irish Hospital Romance #1)

Ideal girl is the first in a series of romantic novels, which find old fashioned girls thrown into modern day settings.

All set in the fictitious Dublin hospital of St Justin's staff not only have to cope with their stressful jobs, they also have to cope with the mire that is 'pre- relationship hell!'
ebook
Published August 31st 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Ideal Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ideal Girl

Trish at Between My Lines
This review was originally posted on [Between My Lines]

I had a lot of fun reading this rom-com book.  Think Bridget Jones meets Grey’s Anatomy meets Carry On Nurse!  Which makes for an entertaining mix up of image issues, innuendo and romantic tension all with a backdrop of a busy city centre hospital.

First Line of The Ideal Girl by Jenny O’Brien:
“How in the name of all that’s holy can a kiss be so squelchy?”

My Thoughts on The Ideal Girl by Jenny O’Brien:

I don’t know if I’ve ever read a hosp
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, fiction, romance
3.5 stars. "Ideal Girl" is the first book in the Irish Hospital Romance series by Jenny O'Brien. The title of the book is taken from the idea that the ideal girlfriend is an Irish nurse. In this book, we meet Liddy, a student nurse, who doesn't really think she has time for romance. This book is a good example of how sometimes life has other plans for us.

This is a sweet romance that had me aww-ing throughout the book. Liddy doesn't think much of herself. She is just trying to keep her head above
Susan Godenzi
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A charming medical romance. Just enough medical information without overdoing it. Liddy is a lovely & quirky heroine who is delightfully balanced by the equally delightful doctor Mitch. The writing is fresh and sparkling. I expect Jenny O'Brien is going to attract a lot of readers in this genre.
Carol-Ann
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First book I have read by Jenny and I really enjoyed it a story that flowed really well ! I love medical romance some of my favourite books!
Alina
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where to start with this book? I bought it three days ago, and started off by fitting in reading sessions around the housework - an hour here, an hour there... As a fan of romances, it didn't take me long to realise that 'Ideal Girl' is a bit of a departure from the story lines I'm used to reading in contemporary romance - and that in itself was refreshing!

Alpha males and strong, feisty females are all very well, but they aren't the be-all and end-all of romance - and they do end up feeling a b
Anniek
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Research states that Liddy is the ideal girl. Liddy is an Irish nurse. She is passionate about her work and is loving and kind. Her best friend is actively searching for her mister Right, but ever since Liddy's dad left Liddy and her mother she's only focused on her job. When she literally knocks over a professor at the hospital, Mitch Merrien, her luck might be changing. Mitch works hard at the hospital. He's a professor and he has also set up a recovery centre where people can stay until they ...more
Adele
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This is the first book I’ve read by Jenny, after reading the synopsis I was intrigued to read more.

Liddy is in her final year as a student nurse at one of the busy hospitals in Dublin. She has suffered in the past with the men in her life and is reluctant to share her heart with anyone now. Liddy doesn’t think of herself as ‘a catch’ but a recent poll in the Daily Mail has declared her as the Ideal Girl, much to the amusement of her work colleagues. She’s a lovely, curvy girl with a mass of dark
Shannon Love
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A novel that both stirs the heart and engages the reader by intertwining love, tragedy, and personal growth of the main character. Liddy, the leading lady, plays her part well, as she portrays a woman with unmistakable strengths such as integrity, intelligence, and compassion while also exhibiting her insecurities with her appearance. I’d dare say; she’s a gal that many women can identify with.
Meanwhile, Mitch, a developing love interest, represents a capable partner, while not overshadowing the
Clare Chase
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book’s a page turner, with a feel-good ending, and I got wrapped up in the details and dramas associated with the hospital environment. It was also a real eye-opener. It was quite shocking to see the kind of treatment the heroine had to cope with because of her gender and situation. It really made me feel for her throughout, and ensured I was whizzing through the pages to see how her story would end.
beverley ann
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
what a lovley story loved this book and had me in tears in places well worth the read all the way through
Madeleine Harris
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Liddy and Mitch. This is a medical romance. It flows like magic across the pages. It will make you laugh and cry. This is a story about normal people like you and me. The plot twist at around 60% left me reeling and turning the pages to find out what happens next. You will have to read it to find out. Jenny O’Brien is a wonderful writer who I will definitely recommend. Will be keeping to reread.
Alastair Walker
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are millions of readers who want an escape from the generally disappointing reality of modern life and this book is a perfect example of how authors can deliver those fleeting moments. Since Jane Austen penned Pride & Prejudice, arguably THE template for romantic fiction, the magic recipe of dashingly handsome, wealthy hero, matched with poor but feisty heroine, mixed against a backdrop of misunderstandings, has proved a winner.

O’Brien sets the mood of the piece right from the start, w
Brigitte
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
The prologue of this book is so alluring that it gives the urge to find out of what's to come next. It doesn't disappoint!

Liddy is a third year student nurse not far from being qualified. She lives a simple life and is very dedicated to her vocation. She lacks confidence in certain areas of her life due to past circumstances.

Mitch is a professor in neurology. He is single and hasn't found his ideal girl as yet. He is drawn to long legged blondes.

Liddy is having a lousy day. She has a terrible
Alva
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This refreshing fast-moving story of student nurse Liddy and her not so straightforward quest to find love, or at least a boyfriend, is a charming read from start to finish. Jenny O'Brien's lighthearted look at the way hospitals treat student nurses, combined with the stop-start relationship issues facing Liddy all take an unexpected turn in the final quarter of Liddy's story. Liddy's childhood and her parents' break-up contribute to her insecurities but her strength of character shines througho ...more
Tracy Collier
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
For about 2/3rs/3/4rs of the book I thought it was a pile of rubbish as we so seemed to be covering the same ground in every chapter but then the twist comes and I enjoyed reading it from then on and what saved it from being a 2* review.
Mrs j Rogers
Apr 29, 2017
Beth
Sep 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Hi and thanks for stopping by.

I'm a wife and mum first, writer second. I took up writing about ten years ago when I had something to say, and I haven't stopped since.
I write what I love to read, which is romance and thrillers. My children’s books will hopefully be of some use, particularly Boy Brainy which is perma free and written to raise self-esteem.

If you like my writing please get in touch -

Irish Hospital Romance (3 books)
  • Girl Descending (Irish Hospital Romance #2)
  • Unhappy Ever After Girl (Irish Medical Romance #3)