Start by marking “Tutu's & Cowboy Boots: Part One (Tutu's & Cowboy Boots #1)” as Want to Read:
Tutu's & Cowboy Boots: Part One (Tutu's & Cowboy Boots #1)

Tutu's & Cowboy Boots: Part One (Tutu's & Cowboy Boots #1)

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  139 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Cadence Lewis has been dancing since she could walk. Living in New York with her parents she has the chance to go to the best dance school in the country, but when her father does the unthinkable she’s forced to leave her dreams behind and move to a small southern town with her mom. Cadence is having a hard time adjusting to her new life when she meets Jade Carpenter. Jade ...more
Published December 29th 2015 (first published December 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tutu's & Cowboy Boots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tutu's & Cowboy Boots

Lustful Literature
Jan 05, 2016 Lustful Literature rated it it was amazing

Josie's Review

This is my first time reading a book from this author, but after I read this book I went back and started to click on her books. Casey Peeler does an amazing job in bringing two very different characters together in a beautiful, touching and at times comical way. She brilliantly wrote a story that had me falling in love, crying my eyes out, wanting to scratch out not one, but two slurry troll moles while laughing out loud. The story starts off with a very emotional goodbye in New Y
Paula  Phillips
Apr 14, 2016 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
Dancing is a major part of Cadence Lewis's life , all she can remember is being up on stage dancing her little heart out and her dreams have not been to attend college but to join a dancing company and go on tour with them. Growing up in New York, that was a reality as she attended a strong dance studio with connections . However, her life is about to turn completely upside down as her father is moving out and has a new girlfriend whom Cadence nicknames Barbie and Bimbo. Cadence's mother was fro ...more
J.D. Rivera
Dec 16, 2015 J.D. Rivera rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It took me on a roller coaster full of emotions and I enjoyed every second! Casey Peeler knows how to write and paints a perfect picture of a good southern man. I can't wait for part 2!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jan 10, 2016 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
Tutus & Cowboy Boots a cute, sweet read. It's told from the dual POVs of Cadence and Barrick. I loved books told in dual POVs.
Cadence had been living a great life in New York. She had everything she wanted and was preparing for her senior dance project with the hope of being signed but a great dance company. Everything comes to a halt when her parents divorce and her mom bring her back to Delight North Carolina. I loved Cadence. At some points she seemed bratty and entitled but then I remem
Emily Goodman
Jan 04, 2016 Emily Goodman rated it it was amazing
One of the things I love most is how Peeler takes me back to my own roots as a young girl growing up in a southern town. She stays true to herself and her style of writing which ultimately always gives you a book filled with depth, that is easily relatable and great story. Tutus and Cowboy Boots is exactly the epitome of what Peeler does best! She continues to write wonderful stories of young adults on the cusp of adulthood with strong moral character and life lessons to be learned.

Cadence Lewis
Rebecca Arbaugh
Dec 16, 2015 Rebecca Arbaugh rated it it was amazing
I was honored with the gift of receiving an ARC copy of Tutu's and Cowboy Boots! And let me tell you this is an absolute MUST read!

Cadence is a city slicker whose life is part of the New York elite. But it's senior year and she's forced to move to Delight, North Carolina when her parents divorce because of her cheating father. She learns through trial and error that the farm life just may be more of her style than she thinks.

Barrick is your typical charming southern perfection. Upon meeting ca
Emily Goodman
Feb 04, 2016 Emily Goodman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Cadence Lewis
Tamera Ellington
Amazing!!!!

Omgosh! Best storyline...country meets city. I can't wait for more!!! Great Southern Read!! It reminds me of my childhood. #teamcountry
Tina [Tina The Bookworm]
Disclosure: I received a copy from the author/publisher, in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

Jason Aldean’s Country Boy World fits Tutu’s and Cowboy boots to a T. If this book had a theme song I’m pretty sure this would be it.

Tutu’s and Cowboy Boots is a city girl meets the country kind of story. It was fast paced and gave you an insight as to how it is in the South. I loved reading about Cadence’s experiencing the South for the first time.
books are love
Jan 16, 2016 books are love rated it really liked it
So up in the air on what I think of Cadence. She starts out a snot. A selfish self absorbed snot. Thinking she is privileged and doesn’t have to do anything. That everyone is there for her purpose and to do what she wants. That nothing in small towns are as good as the city and that she is better than anyone in that town.

Yes her life has gone to heck and she is lost and angry but that is no excuse. I am sorry her dad cheated on her mom and that they must move but still not an excuse for her atti
Faye Errington
Jan 09, 2016 Faye Errington rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Casey I have read.. but now I will read what ever this girl writes... even her shopping list haha

No seriously.. this girl can write, I just loved this book
TaCB was awesome... what else can I say

This book is perfect for YA and anyone who loves sweet romance books

I loved the two main leads... even if at times I wanted to give Cadence a shake or a slap now and again
Grrrr at times she was like a spoiled brat... But I blame the way her parents raised her and always gave her
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
4.5 Wonderful Stars

What happens when a true city girl is forced to go back to her mom's family farm in the south because her dad is an a$$hat? We find out in Tutu's and Cowboy Boots which is the story of Cadence Lewis and Barrick Carpenter. Talk about oil and water!

When Cadence and her mom first arrive in Delight, a true tiny Southern town Cadence doesn't know what to make of it. She does know she doesn't want to be there, thinks everyone are country bumpkins and resents the fact that she's had
Franci Neill
Jan 09, 2016 Franci Neill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Wonderful Stars

Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Jan 08, 2016 Itsy Bitsy Book Bits rated it it was amazing
Tutus and Cowboy Boots by Casey Peeler is definitely a five star book! Cadence Lewis grew up in New York and is used to getting everything she wanted and everyone doing things her way. She’s a competitive dancer who wants nothing else but to be the best. She has the perfect life and everything planned out to go to the best dance school in the country, but a twist of events leads Cadence and her mom moving to a small North Carolina town to live with her grandma. Arriving at her Gran’s farm, Caden ...more
Bookaholic And
Jan 02, 2016 Bookaholic And rated it it was amazing

5 STAR REVIEW

Tutu's & Cowboy Boots
Tutu's & Cowboy Boots Part One
Casey Peeler

Spoiled yet broken hearted New Yorker meets gorgeous, kind hearted cowboy. Get ready to be taken to one wild ride.

Cadence has to moved her senior year to small town in South Carolina, everything she had worked for to become a professional dancer was put on hold when she lands in Delight. But not everything is as bad as she imagined especially Barrick Carpenter the cowboy that will show her the road back to ea
Tantalizing
I have to say I have loved EVERYTHING Casey has written. Let's face it she is the Queen of Young Adult books. Tutu's and Cowboy Boots did not disappoint.

Cadence is your typical spoiled little rich girl who thinks that she is better than everyone. Especially when something happens and her and her mom leave the big city to go stay on her grandma's farm.

Omg! That's horrible right? It was actually really funny to read about this city girl who can dance like an angel, falling around in muddy boots, s
Anne-Marie Mogensen
Mar 08, 2016 Anne-Marie Mogensen rated it really liked it
ARC Review
Tutus & Cowboy Boots (Part 1)
By
Casey Peeler

As a reader, I am usually rather easy to please when I stick to my preferred genres. Casey Peeler does not disappoint with this story but I do miss a little something which is why it is a 4 star read rather than 5 star. Still, if you are a teenager/young adult (rather than a soon-to-be old lady like myself) you will most likely enjoy this book.

Cadence Lewis is your typical teenage girl who is dealing with feeling of betrayal and abandonmen
Jackie Wright
Dec 28, 2015 Jackie Wright rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review
I was given this book for an honest review
This is the first book I have read by Casey Peeler and as I got more into this story I fell in love with her style of writing. This book was an easy book to read but it still had depth it deals with a spoilt little rich girl coming to terms with her parents divorce and moving from New York to a small Southern Town with her mum.
Cadence does not want to move to her grandmothers farm after all she is a dancer she has danced since she could wa
Tammi
Dec 28, 2015 Tammi rated it it was amazing
This was one the cutest, sweetest romance story I think have read in a long time. I just loved it! This couple is absolutely adorable!
Cadence is a spoiled little rich brat and going to live and work on a farm was definitely never in her life plan. Her attitude let's everyone around her know she doesn't want to be there.
Barrick is a good southern raised boy, I loved him right him off. He showed her no mercy!

The story was very Green Acre-ish! Their flirty bickering and pranks when they had to work
Diane
Jan 08, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was my first book from Casey Peeler and it won't be my last.

This book took you on a roller coaster of emotions and it felt that the characters developed along with the story line.

Cadence was taken out the environment that she had grown up with and wasn't ready for change. She tried to resist but when she goes back to her old life for a visit she realizes what matters most.

When she meets the Carpenters and starts to really get to know them, she realizes that small town life is not so bad. J
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Cadence is a spoiled to the ways of the big city girl who is being torn away from everything she knows and loves and forced to move to a po-dunk town in the south. She is bitter about everything that is happening and could care less about anything except how this affects her.

Barrick is good, kind man who works for Cadence’s grandmother. He is kind, polite and will do whatever her grandmother needs because that is how he was raised.

I loved the character development of Cadence and Barrick, the bo
Amber Leiby
Dec 29, 2015 Amber Leiby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

Omg it did not just end like that Casey your killing me lol... This is by far one of my favorite books. Need a tissue box.

Cadence is a New York girl that is very spoiled has no respect for others, and has daddy issues. She ends up moving with her mom to Delight Carolina to the Country. Cadence's best friend has always been Lauren until she moved. She met Jade they have so much in common.

Barrick is a true southern gentleman that's works on a family that is own by Cadence's grandparents.
Sanne Heremans
Jan 04, 2016 Sanne Heremans rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, arc
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Sanne / Scandalous Book Blog***

April be here quickly please! Yes people there is a cliffhanger present. Although it is a mild one.

Casey Peeler is my go to author if I want a story I can escape into and know I'll get hooked from start to finish.

This is a country love story with a touch of city.

Cadence was one of those heroines I could definitely relate with. Her transformation was so touching and heartfelt.

Dear old Barrick... A heart of gold and
LeeAnne
May 11, 2016 LeeAnne rated it really liked it
I truly loved this book, it's phenomenal. I just hated the cliff hanger ending that is the only reason it's earning a 4 star instead of a 5 from me.

Cadence Lewis loves her life, she has the best friends, best family, and is well on her way to being a great dancer. Until the day her mother informs her that not only is her father moving in with his mistress, she and Cadence will be moving from New York city to the small town where she was raised down south in Delight. Once they arrive Cadence real
Candi-
Apr 07, 2016 Candi- rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! This is my second Casey Peeler book and I must say, I am hooked.

Cadence has the perfect life, she lives in New York with her parents and is preparing her senior dance project with the hopes of making it big one day soon.....and then she learns her parents are getting divorced and that she will be moving to Delight North Carolina with her mom. A place she has no desire to go. There will be times that her attitude will have you wanting to shake her even though you u
Kayla
Mar 28, 2016 Kayla rated it it was amazing
This series is a true testament of the saying "never judge a book by its cover". This book had me hooked from the start. It had me cracking up to watch Cadence struggle with her move from NYC to good ol NC. I love how Casey Peeler handled this book. I loved watching Ms Mae transform Cadence's character over the series. At first I hated Cadences character she was selfish, disrespectful and always thought she was above everything! However she truly started blooming by the end! All the characters a ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 31, 2015 United Indie Book Blog rated it really liked it

For the Love of Books
Jan 06, 2016 For the Love of Books rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful New Year gift this book was! I was taken on a journey of emotions, which is always a sign of a great writer!! As in previous books I learnt a lot about the setting of the story. Being a Britt there were some things I had to look up, but again, what is a book for if you don't learn from it. Casey Peeler is a great writer and I love this new series, roll on Book 2!
Nikki Costello
Jun 05, 2016 Nikki Costello rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read anything written by this author and I have to say I really enjoyed it and had finished it in one sitting. I enjoyed the writing style and getting to know these great characters as you fall into their story.

Cadence has her whole world turned upside down when her parents divorce and she's forced to leave everything behind in New York her school, friends and most importantly her dancing when her mum moves her to the country town of Delight to move in with her gran
Lauren
Jan 04, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Gah ... I loved this book Cadence isn't a spoiled city girl who isn't forced to move to the country between her Gran and Barrick she doesn't stand a chance. She goes home to the city to visit and everything falls apart... it ends with her back with Barrick can't wait to see what happens next!!!!
  • Better Than Revenge (Sweet Secrets Series Book 1)
  • Desired & Dominated (Enchanted, #3)
  • Twisted Perception (Flawed, #2)
  • The Degas Girl
  • In The Dark
  • Whistlin' Dixie (Tempered Steel, #1)
  • Seventh Mark (Hidden Secrets, #1)
  • Bingo Summer
  • You've Been Touched (Touch, #3.5)
  • Strip Teaser (Naked Nights, #1)
  • Everything I Have (Everything I Want #3)
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries #1)
  • High
  • Contributor (Contributor, #1)
  • Summer's Fury (Pioneer Wilderness #1)
  • Everything Has Changed
  • WANT
  • From the Wreckage
Casey Peeler grew up and still lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter. Her first passion is teaching students with special needs. Over the years, she found her way to relax was in a good book.

After reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston her senior year of high school and multiple Nicholas Sparks’ novels, she found a hidden love and appreciation for reading.

When Ca
More about Casey Peeler...

Tutu's & Cowboy Boots (2 books)
  • Tutus & Cowboy Boots: Part Two (Tutu's & Cowboy Boots #2)