Start by marking “Believe (Oni Fighters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Believe (Oni Fighters, #2)

Believe

(Oni Fighters #2)

Have you ever hit a point in your life where everything looks good from the outside but there’s this feeling deep in your gut that tells you something is wrong?

Dane Roberts was just an ordinary guy—so he thought. Best friend to MMA fight sensation Xander Todd, and all round decent guy. But now a restlessness surrounds him. Dare he reach for more? Could he too emulate his
470 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by EBS

To ask other readers questions about Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Believe

Start your review of Believe (Oni Fighters, #2)
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

*Wah, Isaac stole the show for me in this read. Every moment he was mentioned or present I savored. Such a precious boy that gave such a different perspective on things and even humbled me for things I take for granted.*

Believe was a great follow up from bk1. What worked so well about it was that it held elements of “family”and the unknown that I think everyone can relate to.

For MMA trained expert, Dane-- he has
NMmomof4
Dec 05, 2015 marked it as dnf
Shelves: athlete, scribd, kids-baby
DNF @ 34%. Nope! Not gonna work for me. I just wanted to smack the h way too many times! She was completely closed minded and frankly she was just a bitch! I'm bummed because the h has a 9 year old son with Asperger's syndrome, and I can relate because I have a 11 year old with Asperger's who is really similar to the character in the book.

There was one situation that totally ruined it for me and made me think that I'd never get past it enough to read on...(view spoiler)
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Great second book. It's set in Australia. It's fun reading all the different words. A bench is a counter. Uni is university. Boofhead/reefer/carpark/ the list goes on...

This book tells Dane and Ari's HEA. It starts back at the beginning of book one and fills in all the little hints and questions about their story. Then it goes past book one, and we get to see more of them plus Xander and Eden. I loved Dane and Ari's relationship and especially her son, Isaac. He
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Gayle has made a believer out of me. This is the second book in the Oni Fighters series, and the second time I've been enthralled by her words. Dane Roberts, my heart is yours.

Dane Roberts feels ordinary. As best friend to MMA sensation, Xander Todd, he's always been on the sidelines--he's never given himself a chance to shine.

Arianne Le Flegg craves ordinary. After running from a life of abuse, all she wants is to care for her son and make ends meet.

Their attraction is mutual and
Poly
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a bit of a struggle, the first book was really good, but this one seemed to drag forever.
The storyline is good, but the fact that it's being dragged for 470 pages kind of takes the juice out of you.
Jan
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good Fighter romance

A slow paced read that at times was a little to descriptive and wordy but half way through it really picked up.

Ari is fleeing domestic violence from her ex, has a son with disabilities and Crosses Danes path when her ex attacks her in a car park.

Dane is a teacher of martial arts. Ari has a dislike of violence and as their relationship progresses she struggles with Dane being a fighter. This is where it's slow going.

Once there is acceptance on Ari's part and Dane prepares
Jessica
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to receive and ARC for this book. From the moment i picked it up, I couldn't put it down. Dane and Arianne have amazing chemistry that just draws you in. A beautiful story full of laughter, tears and moments where you wanted to reach in and slap them yourself. Overall, Natalie has delivered above and beyond with this and I CANT wait to see where she goes with Seth.
Claudine Van
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!!!
Kahea
I loved Brave and based on the fact that I had a difficult time putting it down I should have waited to start Believe this weekend, but seeing as how I have a bit of an instant gratification problem when it comes to books I didn’t heed my own counsel and pretty much devoured the book when I should’ve been working (Oops?) But it was well worth it because Believe sucked me and hit all the feels in me and in the end left me with a happy sigh and dopey grin on my face.

At the end of Brave I thought
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

This is the second in the Oni Fighters series, and runs on a parallel time frame to the first book Brave. You could read this as a standalone, but why would you want to miss out on any sexy MMA goodness.

Dane Robert feels like he is kind of skimming through life. His work life and his training are all going well, but he feels that he doesn't have a real sense of purpose, a goal that he is stretching to reach.

A chance encounter with Arianne - Ari - and her son
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'll start my review by saying that although this is book #2 in the Oni Fighters series - and it does touch on book #1 - it's kind of written in the same timeframe. This means that if you haven't already read Brave (book #1) it's not a problem, as this could definitely be read as a standalone within the series. However, I really recommend you do read Brave first, so as not to spoil it, it is also a 5 star must read!

So onto Dane....
We first meet Dane in book #1 and I've got to be honest, I was
patrick Lorelli
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-sports
Dane Roberts comes upon a women who needs helps because a man is getting ready to attack her. He springs into action and when the guy leaves Dane notices a boy in the back seat. After picking up her purse from the ground Arianne Le Flegg leaves with her Isaac. When she is gone Dane notices her wallet on the ground and the next day she receives a card with his number saying he found her wallet. They meet at a coffee shop and he is attracted to her but once she finds out that he does martial arts ...more
She Hearts Books
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I loved about Dane was that he kind of snuck up on me. He is that guy behind the guy that just simmers until he boils. In Believe he is restless and wanting more, but not quite sure what that more is for him. He's a great guy who backs his over the top friend, but does his own thing behind the scenes. Then Arianne comes into his life and changes things for both of them. She has a crazy ex who just won't leave her and her son alone and Dane comes to her rescue on more than one occasion. She ...more
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So glad this was my first finish of 2016. The story has such depth to the characters and emotion is carefully woven throughout the plot. This is now the second book I read from this author and both have been outstanding. Ari is a woman that has suffered very much in an abusive relationship first emotionally with her family then physically with her spouse. Dane has had a great upbringing and has wonderful family and friends supporting him but he hasn't found out who he is because he hasn't ...more
Tanya
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
This is a second book in a series (centered around a set of MMA fighter friends and their dojo); however, despite it being interweaved into the same timeline even as book 1, this stands alone easily. This is the story of Dane and Arianne. She is a single mother of a special needs child (Asperger's), coming from a past abusive marriage. He is a single guy, a fighter, in the midst of analyzing his current life and figuring out what he wants in his next phase. They meet when she is threatened by ...more
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
4 stars

Dane meets Arianne one day when he defends her against her horrible ex-husband. After that meet a few times and this starts a rollercoaster of ride.

Ms. Gayle always writes strong characters and she did not disappoint in Believe. Dane is a selfless person who is always looking out for friends, family and even strangers. He is satisfied with his life but is wondering if there is more out there for him. Can he get rid of the restlessness he feels?

Arianne is one heck of a heroine in this
Tracy
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book!!! So much emotion from beginning to end i felt like i was there with the characters!
Dane is 26 years old and he is a martial arts expert. He has grown up in a loving and supportive family and he runs a dojo with his best friend of 20 years, Xander.
Arianne comes into his life by compleate accident yet fate has brought them together and keeps pulling at each of them like magnets!
Arianne has a extremely violent ex husband and a gorgeous little boy, who suffers with
Natasha
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC in exchange for a honest review.
5* read.
This is the second book in this series but can be read as a standalone although in my opinion you really need to read the first book Brave first as it does go on the timescale as that book but from a different characters perspective and their own story. This is Dane and Arianne's story and their chemistry was electric throughout and really made you connect with them. I love this author cause she writes such a beautiful emotional with
EscapeNBooks
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Guest Review by Tammy Cole
This is the second book in this series and can be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed this book as much as I did the first one. I love MMA books and this series really does go more in depth in the whole MMA world than most.

Dane has a chance encounter with Ari and her son and he instantly feels a connection with her. Dane is one swoon-worthy guy and the way he interacts with Ari's son, who is special needs, will make you sigh. Ari is trying to start over in her life
Amanda Neilly
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. Upon starting the book I read the foreword about how it featured a special needs child and will admit to being, well not sceptical but wary, I really shouldn't have at all. Not going into too deeply as I don't want to spoil it but I will say that my teenage son is the exact same as Isaac in terms of needs and Natalie Gayle has written this exceptionally well with no sugar coating to the point that I actually mailed
Marika
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Brave and couldn’t wait to read Dane's story.
Dane is the guy next door, a good guy, a great friend and good at what he does, never trying to take from his friends what they truly deserves. The problem is..What does he deserves? What does he want?
Arianne is an ordinary girl..looking for a quiet life for herself and her child..but when she meets Dane could she leave her demons behind and share her life with him? Would she trust? Would she believe?
What I love the most about this author is
Lindsey King
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
natalie gayle rocks it out again. I will read everything she writes. this story had me hooked from beginning to end. the chemistry is off the charts with Dane and Arianne. I literally wanted to slap them and hug them at the same time. you will get all the feels with this read and not regret a single bit of it. thank you natalie for giving me a chance to read this baby. I absolutely loved it. you my dear are amazing!!!
Debbie Harrison
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you liked the first book you are going to LOVE this one. Dane what a man, seriously helps a damsel in distress only to have her open up his eyes to "whole" new man. Arianne and Isaac are a mother and son just trying to survive violent past when Dane saves the day.... Wonderfully written story .. Worth reading WELL DONE Natalie
Sarah Greenwood
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goes down as another off my 2018 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book about a sport. Loved the first book so couldn’t wait to check out Dane’s story. Might be a Sensi and MMA fighter like Xander but they are two very different men, ones who would do anything to protect their women though.

So Dane feels like life is passing him by, almost like he is missing out on something – life, work, love, he’s not sure. Seems things might be about to get a little clearer when a chance encounter changes his whole
Stephanie DeCost
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love every aspect of this book! So full of emotional ups and downs and in the end we found Love! The relationship between Dane and Ari was was so full of Love, trust, and respect that it was bound to be amazing and I was more than blown away! Natalie did an outstanding job of developing most important relationship of all the bond between Dane and Isaac! I loved this story and can't wait for more to come!
Mel
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story

I love this series, this book was extraordinary.

The characters are amazingly developed and make you feel like you’re a part of their lives.

The story is romantic, heartbreaking, suspenseful and an overall joy to read.

Tersia Eloff
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Believe in yourself

I loved Believe from begging to end. I love the length of the books, it's a nice long read, but never feels boring or drawn out.

Natalie Gayle is a truly gifted author.
Monte Huebsch
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this I bought book 3 in the series!

A perfect follow on to Brave. Believe melds the characters from the first book with style and clarity. A deep and moving book - so much so that I bought the 3rd in the series.
Marissa
This novel was such a great follow up from Brave!!! I loved how it was the same timeline and how we finally got to see what was going on with Dane! These characters were so heartwarming and real. Their struggles and roller coaster ride of emotions just leaped off of the page!

Arianne Le Flegg has lived a brutal life. After years of being abused at the hands of a monster, her so called husband, she is ready to start a new life for herself and her son, Isaac. But getting involved with a man was
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: Signed Book Pack 1 4 Oct 06, 2015 03:43PM

• In Jack's Arms (Fighting Connollys, #2)
  • In Kelly's Corner (Fighting Connollys, #1)
  • Pricked
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
  • Collateral (Debt Collection, #1)
  • Fighting for Honor (Corps Security Kindle Worlds)
  • Fighting for Control (Against the Cage, #3)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
I'm a confessed readaholic and romantic junkie. I spend time juggling a busy career as an IT professional and author. In between staring at a computer screen I, enjoy living the Gold Coast life with my very tolerant husband and two school aged children. (I'm often in trouble for spending way too much time at my computer!).

I love nothing more than spending time with family and friends, hitting the

Oni Fighters (3 books)
  • Brave (Oni Fighters, #1)
  • Challenge (Oni Fighters #3)