Start by marking “A Case of Time” as Want to Read:
A Case of Time

A Case of Time

Dear Author,
These men seem so comfortable in each other’s company. Is this a new relationship or have they been together for years? How did they meet and find one another? Does the book, the door, or this spot on the sidewalk have special meaning for these men? Are they travelling abroad, or is this setting their home? What sort of experiences and memories have they shared
Published September 9th 2015 by MMRomanceGroup.com (first published September 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Case of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Case of Time

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Humorous, poignant, tender, clever, romantic ...

CREATIVE.

I'm running out of adjectives.

This story is more sweet than sexy, and the MCs aren't on page simultaneously (save for a couple flashbacks) until the very end.

But their LOVE, their love shines through.

I'm not typically drawn to established couple stories, but Thomas and Pip won me over.

How could I not be charmed, what with Paris, overzealous hotel clerks, flat tires, Inspector Loupe (and his beloved alpha!), and bulldog puppies named Ze
Elsa Bravante
Adorable, tierna, romántica, inteligente y original. Es genial saber que la vida no termina a los 30, ya me estaba preocupando.
Meep
Thanks to the authors for pariticipating and offering this freebie

What a delightful spin around Paris, joy bubbles off the pages.

"Yes, pull my hair harder, I'm a perpetrator!"

How can that not be a winning line?

Twenty-five years and the love and excitement still crackles between the two men. So much personality. I loved how there were brief moments of doubt and frustration but it never sunk to angst, they know each other so well and take a childish thrill in their game, their love is very evident
Kristan
4.5 You're the Watson to my Holmes stars

For years Pip and Thomas maintain an intense long distance relationship, sustained through emails, late night phone calls, and holiday vacations spent on one adventure or another. But all of this has left Thomas unsure about his relationship; Pip has never popped the question, never asked him to stay, and even after all these years, they're still living on different continents.

There's a strong foundation and a deep love between the two, and despite Thomas
Trisha Harrington
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a really sweet story! Established couples can be a bit of a hit or miss for me, depending on how their relationship in the book is. Thomas and Pip were just how I like them.

Would have loved more, because I'm greedy and I really liked these two.
Claire
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a charming little story from a new writer – Noah Homes, and Al Stewart. How lovely, and special to see two men writing together in this event!
Pip and Tom are retired gents. Tom is starting to feel neglected, so he arranges a holiday in Paris – a chance for them to talk about their future. He leaves clues all over Paris for grumpy Pip to follow, knowing that Pip won’t be able to resist the allure of the chase.
As the story unfolds, we are given glimpses of their cheeky history, and l
Amy Spector
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story for a lot of difference reasons. Here is one of them ...
Age had crept up on him, and now every morning he was shocked by the visage of the old man who stared back so crossly in the bathroom mirror. It was funny though; he never noticed the ageing so much in Thomas.
I loved the flashback to the past and the scatter of clues across Paris and the obvious love Thomas and Pip share. They know each other so very well, but that only strengthens their affection for one another.

It was
Lori
Shelves: 2015, dritc-2015
I loved this short story. So full of wit and wonderful understanding of relationships. I thought the fact that the MC's were older and the relationship established was a refreshing change (kudos to the prompter), and I adored how the authors made the story fun. It is something I'm appreciating more and more in my reading, the love and excitement in established relationships.

Thanks for this story.
Ele
*4.5 stars*

Well, you can always count on Al Stewart and in this case his fellow cowriter, Noah Homes for an original, suspensful, sweet and truly romantic story

There is an amazing sense of place in this story. It really took me for an adventure in the street of Paris. There is:

and

And padlocks of love on Pont des Arts, mystery games, two stubborn men crazy in love with each other for over two decades and the sweetest HEA.

This was a breath of fresh air. Thank you to the authors. I'm looking forw
Tess
Shelves: 5-star-mm-reads
I briefly interrupted my own vacation to read this absolutely delightful story. Older MCs! Long-term lovers! Paris! So many happy feelings for this short story.

Fantastic prompt and a lovely cover too!

Layla
Shelves: dritc, mm, free
Hold on to your berets, boys and girls! And dig in because you’re in for a treat!

This is such a delicious tale. Sweet and heartfelt, with a charming and unique tone that suited this story perfectly. Follow a prickly Pip through the lovely streets of Paris as he is led from clue to clue by long-time friend and mastermind, Tom. This is the story of two retired men who have known each other all their lives. This is the story of them rediscovering one another, as we get to know them, in a fresh, fun
Caz Malpas
4.5 DELIGHTFULLY DIFFERENT STARS!

Another little gem!

I tend to normally avoid established relationship stories, I'm so very glad I didn't this time as I would of missed out on this totally enjoyable, little treasure of a read!
Ofelia Gränd
description

I love stories were the MCs aren’t twenty-something hunks. These men have been together for a long time and know each other well—too well sometimes. Tom has Pip running around Paris searching for clues, but things do not always turn out the way you plan. This is a short sweet story, a perfect treat while having or cup of coffee.
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
That was excellent! Sweet and fun! I wish the authors would expand the story. I would love to read more of Pip and Tom :)
Dante Love Fisher
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was surprisingly sweet!

It's funny and clever and it was refreshing to read about older characters. They've known each other for a long time but that doesn't take away the romance of the story or of the place. It adds to it.

Truuss
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
Aweeeeesome read. Chasing through their lives and Paris.

Im in awe the way this is written. You get to know Tom and Pip. Their lifes the way they are around eachother
It feels as a complete story , the picture is complete but.....
it just left me yearning..... yearning for more.... much more

I looked on G o o g l e-maps to find the places and it was fun.
Debbie McGowan
Shelves: lor
This is such a fascinating short story. I've read a lot (all) of Al Stewart's work, but Noah Homes is a new author, and as a collaborative team, they have an enthralling synergy. The story is unusual, in that the main characters are an older couple, and they know each other well - very well. Yet this story is really the beginning of their relationship.

Or it might be, if they ever catch up with each other. :)

A gentle romance with style. It feels French, by which I don't just mean 'it's set in Par
Michelle
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful story that is very well written. I don't always like to read stories about old couples. When I see that tag, I immediately assume it means: Beware, snooze-fest ahead! but this was actually really fun!
Thank you Al and Noah.
Bev
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

Such a shame, I'd have loved this one to have been longer...or maybe even give us another story Mr Author?? I love the idea of running around Paris trying to find the clues your lover of 20+ years has left for you, sooo romantic!! 4 stars from me.
Justin Nova
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an awesome story! Would have given five had it been longer!! More please!
Elizabeth
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc, m-m, romance, 2017
Charming and sweet short story!
Dee Aditya
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally got around to reading this, whew!

This was so fun, and very cute. I loved the voices of both the characters. I especially loved the I'm a perpetrator! line. I giggled for a solid minute. I sill giggle every time I think about it :P

The present-flashback switches sometimes were too quick, and I wish it had been a little longer, because I would have liked to see these guys interact more.

The bit at the end was just awesome, though! I'd like to read that story if it gets written.

Cute story,
Finnegan
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is set in Paris, and therefore I added a star. Then the MC's are over forty and interesting, adding another star. Then there is plot and romance and enduring love ... And me, reading this with a smile on my face. I think I would love to read one of Thomas's books!
Eugenia
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dritc, mm, contemporary, shorts
A nice, quick read over morning coffee. I appreciated the mature MCs and the lack of ripped abs. A cute, later-in-life chase through the streets of Paris.
Deanna Against Censorship
A warm but quirky short story of two men still in love after 25 years. Since stories of mature love are so rare, I am always happy to find a good one. Love the picture. Love Paris. Love this inscription at the start of the story.

What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with. -- Robert Brualt
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Olala! Cherchez l'homme a Paris, que belle histoire! Well done Noah and Al, very sweet story. I love the cover,too. I hope you decide to write Thomas Inspector Loupe stories, they have a very good potential and you seem to write so well together... Keep on it;)
Erika
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it

How adorable was this? And with older MCs too! A quick, light hearted and sweet read that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Riina Y.T.
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was. Lovely!!!!
Just very clever and really sweet :)
Wicked
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Creative, romantic, and just plain fun.
Anne-Marie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was trying way too hard to be...funny?... Quirky?... Original? It wasn't for me, it just felt weirdly off.

So here we have two 50-year-olds, which I like, because we need more mature MCs! They've had a long-distance relationship for thirty years (!! who would settle for that for a third of a lifetime though?) and only now start thinking of making it permanent. Thomas is a successful writer, based in the US, who isn't tied to any particular city for his livelihood, so he could've relocated at
« previous 1 3 4 next »