Start by marking “The Vampire Games” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Games

Read Book

The Vampire Games

(The Vampire Games #1)

My name is Bianka, and I live in a world a lot like yours. Or at least, I used to.

Then I got harvested.

Taken into eerie darkness underneath the surface of my world, I’ve learned that cities like mine – Hidden Oaks – are just places that the vampires keep humans until it’s time to drink their blood. Now it’s my turn. They’re harvesting me.

But I’m fighting hard, and the vamp
Published January 31st 2016 by Stephanie Archer

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Games, please sign up.
Angelica I've been wondering the same thing. I keep checking back on Amazon to see if there are any updates but there isn't and now it's gone from the Kindle…moreI've been wondering the same thing. I keep checking back on Amazon to see if there are any updates but there isn't and now it's gone from the Kindle store. (less)

Miranda
I received a copy via netgalley.

I hoped the blue-eyed stranger would be with them. That was why I walked straight inside like a moth to the flame. Stupid moth.

This to me was absolutely awesome. I loved the idea about the vampires and the cave system world underground. I got a Daybreakers vs Raze vibe from this one. It was a great read though alittle bit more fluff and character building would've been nice. Also I really wouldn't have mind per more history or info in the different fiefs. Everythi
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I guess now is as good a time as any for my first DNF of the year.

High school girl witnesses weird men in black come to her school for some reason. She also sees a mysterious blue-eyed boy, somehow, through the darkly tinted windows of a car. Okay. When she gets home that day, the men in black are there and take her away, and her parents don't even protest.

They take her to this mountain with a whole city divided into different sectors built underneath it. This is where vampires live. There's als
Carrie
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Bianka is normal teenager just finishing up high school and planning on heading to college with her friends, that is until she finds out her whole life and the world that she knows is an illusion. Sitting at the school on her last day chatting with her friends a group of men in black suits show up. After heading home those same men are in her house talking with her parents who then allow them to handcuff Bianka and shove her in the back of a car.

Bianka is taken to an underground cave system whe
Christy
I just devoured this book in under an hour. It's a fairly short and easy read. I enjoyed the premise, but am not quite sold on the execution or detail of the story. Humans exist for vampires (except our protagonist and other teenagers apparently didn't know, although her parents did) to harvest and feed from. Some are given the glory of being Created (turned into vampires), although most get referred to as blood-bags, treated as lower than cattle and harvested over years in matrix-like feeding m ...more
Rosemarie Short
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc
This was a really quick, fun read overall. I think that Stephanie Archer picked the perfect length to write the story she tells here. Characters aren't very rounded, due in part to time constraints but also a lack of interaction between characters (left by the wayside to forward the plot). However that didn't overly effect my overall enjoyment of the read. I don't think Bianka is a great heroine, nor do I think Phillip is a very interesting romantic lead. Marc isn't, in my opinion, worth the ink ...more
Diane Lynch
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Vampire Games by Stephanie Archer Stephanie Archer’s The Vampire Games is an imaginative and thrilling twist to the world of vampires.  This contemporary paranormal novel is suitable for young adults, yet still enjoyable for an adult audience.  Bianka discovers that her life is a lie, and her town of Hidden Oaks is just a place where humans are kept until it was time to harvest them for their blood for the vampires living below their town.  She ends up fighting for her life and the opportuni ...more
Karla
Just read the first chapter, initial thoughts : I'm going to love this book!

I was so right, it's unputdownable. I need to know what happens next, talk about edge of the seat entertainment! I'm all worked up, my heart is pounding that cliffhanger ending is EPIC!!!!!

Sign me up for book two because I'm hooked.
Liz
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, young-adult
Read more about this review and others on my blog Freyja Eats Books

STANDALONE or SERIES.
So far it seems like a standalone on Goodreads.. but the ending is completely open, like there will be a second part.

WHY this book.
I requested it through NetGalley and got approval, jeej. It seemed very interesting, like some sort of Hunger Games with vampires ? Worth a try right ?

FIRST THOUGHTS.
And that was what I did, I gave it a try, over and over again. I had so many moment were I wanted to DNF this book
Sabrina
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc
Check out my full review of The Vampire Games on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Bianka is a graduating senior who believes that her world is simple. All she has to worry about is what she would do before college started. She never thought that she would be taken from her world and ensnared into the world of vampires. The vampires use humans for harvesting. However, the humans have a choice, become harvested
Leanne Crabtree
*I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

The beginning was a little rocky, I didn’t know what was happening and the style of how it was written felt a little awkward. By the quarter point it had smoothed out a little and I could read it easily and quickly.

Being the sucker that I am for romance books, the first hint of something, even the slightest hint of something, gets me excited. So that meeting of gazes had me smiling like a loony. I like my paranormal r
Diane Lynch
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Stephanie Archer’s The Vampire Games is an imaginative and thrilling twist to the world of vampires. This contemporary paranormal novel is suitable for young adults, yet still enjoyable for an adult audience. Bianka discovers that her life is a lie, and her town of Hidden Oaks is just a place where humans are kept until it was time to harvest them for their blood for the vampires living below their town. She ends up fighting for her life and the opportunity to become a vampire.

I enjoyed The Vam
Claire
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy received from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was really a short read only 200 pages but still fantastic it's an action packed read lots of kick ass moments, plus a super hot vampire guy with bright blue eyes in love with the heroine, and a best friend in love with the heroine too, all I really need in a ya book. Got a hunger games and A shade of vampire feel to it, really good spin and kept me reading into the wee long hours.

My Only complaint with this book is I wante
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Finished it in one evening. What a fantasic YA paranormal romance. Hunger games meet vampiers :). I have signed up for the authors newsletter and all. Can't wait to read how this story will continue.
Angela Street
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In some ways this was a shorter book than I normally read-almost like an introduction to a series but I enjoyed meeting the characters and am intrigued to find out what happens next.
Sandra "Jeanz"
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
I have to admit I was a little skeptical as I approached reading this book, because of the title "The Vampire Games". Part of me wondered if it would be like "The Hunger Games"...I should also say I had become a little bored of the "usual stereotypical vampire" and usual Vampire genre plots. So to say I was going to be a hard possibly critical audience was fair.

MY REVIEW
I downloaded a copy of this e-book free from Netgalley, in exchange for my honest opinion and review. I have se
Michelle
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
It was too short and I wanted more. Got interesting then it just ends in a way that really really makes me want to SMH....
S.J. Abbo
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it
*** SOME SPOILER AHEAD; BE ALERT ***

Imagine you are some young girl, and you have a male best friend (who you thinks is very pretty by the way).
You're in school, and see a bunch of men in black, coming from the big, black car. You also see a beautiful pair of eyes in the back seat but, nobody else does.
Then you go home, and see that same man in black in your house. They came for you, and take you, and your parents do nothing!
Men's take you in the caves, beneath the city, where you see people
Beyond the Pages
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Why didn't I know that this book was part of a series?!?! That was my initial thought as soon as I reached the last page. It frustrated me, to be quite frank. Don't get me wrong, I love to read books in a series, but that was not the expectation here. It peeved me, as a reader, not to be informed. As a courtesy, I think it should be noted that this book is planned as a series opener.

About the Book:

In terms of content, I found this book to be colorful and interesting. Vampires with their underg
Lilly Charysma
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free digital copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I start by saying I enjoyed very much this book and I couldn’t put it down till the end. I loved the characters and in my opinion they were very well built, I loved as well the context in which the story unfolds and even how the idea of love at first sight was presented. There are however some details I would have wanted the author to pay a little more attention to – these explain the minus one star in my rating.

The
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

The Vampire Games by Stephanie Archer

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 3.5 stars

Review:

I have had The Vampire Games in my TBR for a while now. Everything that resembles the hunger games even if you add the paranormal aspect to the story makes me a bit skeptical because this could
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I am not sure how I want to rate this one.

Going into the book I started getting disoriented, things weren't explained well, I didn't understand how the world worked, and the chapters ended a little abruptly. I was thisclose to DNFing the book, and I was only like 5% in. It also reminded me of the book: A Blood Seduction from Vamp City books which ended up being a DNF for me. I drew comparisons early on, but it wasn't 100% the same once I got past that.

We meet Bianka (sigh to the name spelling in
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start by saying I really liked this story I'm not sure whether to give it a 4.5 or 5 stars, so its somewhere around there for me. I'm really excited to keep reading the next book when it comes out! I'm really not sure if my review will count as spoiler because I'm Just kinda talking my feelings through about it, all the same I think I will hide it so you can make the choice to read it so I don't ruin anything for anyone.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest
Arabella  Sophia
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ricah
I love this book, from the moment I saw its tittle on the site of netgalley. It really captivates me. I would recommend you to read this lovely book. What really made me rate it 4 stars, its because:

1. The cover . The awesome fire effect of the letter V and the handsome man beside it and the other cover also, the girl who wears a red colored dress sitting on a couch.

2. The tittle. Its so captivating and catchy for me. I told myself from the moment I saw the tittle that I should really read. An
Edit~A
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley and Stephanie Archer.)

I loved this book so much. I really did. At first I was having a doubts, before I read it, I was like, ok Vampires and Games, it's going to be like Hunger Games, but it was totally different story, well accept that the last survival wins. But still the games were not what I expected, and I actually expected her to be more love sick, because of the brief, but she was totally co
Laura Greenwood

Title: The Vampire Games
Author: Stephanie Archer
From: Netgalley
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopia
Release Date: 3rd January 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, Winter COYER 2015-2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Bianka thought that she was just a normal teenage girl. Until she was Harvested by Vampires and discovered that her whole life was leading up to that moment. Just like everyone else in her town
kariny v
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
*i received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Bianka is a normal girl, struggling with grades and all until one day, she comes home and her parents hand her off to this weird group of men. She is taken into this new community where humans are harvested and kept as blood bags for hungry vamps. Worst of all? They got her best friend, Marc too.

As Bianka fights to escape and rescue Marc, she is left with only to choices. Loose in the combats against other humans and become
Cassandra Larsen
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Archer has created a darkly vivid and intriguing new world, where humans exist solely as a source of food, entertainment, and free labor for the vampire civilization residing deep underground. This book was quick-paced and addictive, although quite short. You will fly through this in one sitting and will be left wanting more. There were a few predictable parts, and I wish that there was a bit more to the relationship between Bianka and Phillip rather than their instant-love connection ...more
Book Reading Gals
Thoughts: Every now and again, a YA will catch my attention and this happens to be the latest title to do so. The story was an odd mashup that reminded me of a mix of Twilight, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Maze Runner all rolled into one, with a little twist of something distinctly its own. The story reeled you in from the beginning, with just enough questions and mysterious circumstances to leave you needing to finish just to see what exactly what is going on with this dystopian world – ...more
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a galley from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you NetGalley!

What an entertaining short read. This was actually great; short, to the point, concise. There were no unnecessary scenes and superfluous characters. Every aspect of this story had a purpose in developing either the plot or other characters.

Although the plot isn't perfect, it is still very good. There is always a new development that keeps you hooked until the end. And honestly, it left me wanting more. My fa
Mandy Melahouris
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I finished this book in about an hour and a half. This book brought together all of my favorite themes in smash YA books, vampires, fighting to survive, strong heroine who wants to save everyone, prince who is in love with the heroine, best friend who is also in love with the heroine even though she is blind to it. You get my point.

The beginning of the book was hard to read through as it was mostly short sentences, but it did get better and after that the book flew by. I honestly was a little sa
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“Are you saying that it hurts to look at me?' 'I'm saying you're the first sunlight I've glimpsed in a long time,' he said.” 1 likes
“I may have been beautiful, but I was still a fighter. I couldn't erase my weeks of training. And being decorated inflowers didn't change that.” 0 likes