Start by marking “Revolution (Spirits of the South, #1)” as Want to Read:
Revolution (Spirits of the South, #1)

Revolution (Spirits of the South, #1)

A woman on the run. A man devastated by a past marked with tragedy. Neither would ever have imagined their lives would change because of a war fought over two centuries ago.

Nate Emerson has spent the last few years wrapped in grief. It’s a weary burden, but one he has inevitably come to accept. Unexpectedly, Nate finds the walls he built around himself tested when confron
Published October 1st 2015 by ViridianFire Publications

To ask other readers questions about Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolution

Carrie
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be given an ARC of this book by author Adrienne Dunning. If you are looking for a sweet love story, with some supernatural suspense thrown in, then this is the book for you.

When Meg arrives in town, she was only looking for somewhere to rest her head for a night as she tried to leave her past behind. However a chance meeting with a local resident, leads to Meg finding a safe haven from her troubles.

Nate has been trying to deal with a the loss of a loved one, too afraid to l
Jennifer Mull
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was graciously given this arc for a honest review. Although this is not my typical read I was intrigued.

Nate is fighting a war that is behind him as well as suffering from the loss of a loved one,grief anger and building walls to all be broken down by a lovely Meg. Meg who has come to town to rest and hide from a past. Meg who is quaint and shy meets Nate. Can two broken past come together and conquer their horribly past and create a beautiful future.

A well written very descriptive and detai
Sierra
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This book was so cute! I don't normally like adult fiction, which is why this book doesn't get a full five stars, but I really enjoyed this one. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside just thinking about it. There wasn't really anything cliché about the romance and it didn't come out of nowhere and it wasn't unrealistic. It was just the kind of portrayal of a relationship that I really appreciate, because it takes its time developing into a relationship and it actually make ...more
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this, in exchange for an honest review.

A woman fleeing her past, a man consumed by grief and the ghost of the past, who has risen to help both of them fight their Demons.

I LOVED reading this story!! Adrienne Dunning has cleverly written and delivered this beautifully haunting story that will stay with you past the last word.

Adrienne Dunning is a new author to me, so this is the first book i have read of hers but i can safely say, it will NOT be the last.

Co
Pamela
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wish this novella wasn't so short. Cute romance with a paranormal element.
Carrie Humphrey
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This story was just classic southern adorable!

I loved the history that weaved in and out of the plot, reminding you of the past, but still keeping it in the present!

The characters were instantly likable and I couldn't help but to cheer them on as the chemistry grew!

Lovely book!
Natalie Weston
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Weston

This review is from: Revolution (Kindle Edition)

I was introduced to this author by a friend who said "You have to read this book" but since I had other books on my tbr I waited. I wish I had picked it up when I was first told to.
This was an amazing story of true love. Of fate stepping in at the right time and putting people right where they were always meant to be.
This story is unlike any that I have read in the past. I really enjoyed the historical aspect I felt like I was transpo
Shawna
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was a wonderful story of two people trying to escape their past, with the help of the past.

Meg has fled an abusive relationship. She randomly ends up in a small town and while grabbing a bite to eat runs into an elderly lady named Clarissa. Clarissa offers her a place to stay and having no other choice, Meg accepts.

Little did she know that the place she would be staying was an old house built in 1770, backing onto a battlefield. Strange things begin happening around the place....

Nate is Cla
Samantha
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book at a signing and am rather upset with myself that I didn't read it sooner. Revolution is well-written and has a wonderful blend of history and romance. Watching Nate and Meg let go of the pain from their pasts was heartwarming. Dunning had me rooting for these characters from the beginning. The battlefield scenes were so eerily written that I could almost see the fog rolling through and smell the gunpowder from the cannons. I loved the ending and how everything worked out and ...more
Shelly Schintz
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Megan was running from a horrible relationship. Nathaniel running from a horrific past.
Megan comes to a town , meets an elderly woman. Clarissa in her eighties, offers Megan to stay at her family home that has been closed up far to long. Megan refurbishes the old colonial for her stay.
Meets the ghost of the man who lived there in the 1700's.
Megan and Nathaniel meet and fall I. Love.

5 star must read!!!
Michelle
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book, couldn't put it down. Adrienne knows how to get your attention and keep you hooked. Love the story of Meg and Nate. Also enjoyed the history surrounding the story. If you are interested in a great love story check this book out. She puts her heart and soul into her stories and I can't wait for her next book!
Tara Slone
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to get this as an ARC. This is a beautiful love story about two broken people finding each other with a little help from a very distant relative.

Meg is running from a bad situation and ends up in a historical town. There she meets Nate who is broken in a different way.

A historical house and a little outside help Meg and Nate bond and find something worth keeping.
Amanda Perrie
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book by a friend & as it wasn't something I would usually go for myself went in with a completely open mind......... I can honestly say I loved this little book, it made me laugh & cry.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone, and will definitely be keeping watch for any more in the future.
Kristi Cramer
What a sweet, fun read.
I will try to write more, later, but for now - it's hard to miss with this sweet tale in which a ghost and feisty grandmother team up as protectors/matchmakers.

Content rating: PG 13, except there is a theme of domestic abuse - while I'm not opposed to kids knowing that that kind of abuse is NOT okay, it might be a trigger for some.
Ruth
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an arc for an honest review.

This was my first paranormal as well as history driven novel. I throughly enjoyed it. History has never been my favorite subject but you get just enough.
Alison Ward
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I enjoyed it to the last page. Can't wait for the next book!!
Natali
Elizabeth  Ann Robinson
Oct 05, 2018
Mick Loves Books
Oct 10, 2018
Adrienne Dunning is simply a Southern gal who has fun playing poorly at golf when she’s not crafting novels. She loves all forms of expression—writing, dancing, cooking, talking—and does them frequently and with abandon. She lives in coastal North Carolina and uses that region as the setting for many of her stories.