Start by marking “Awaken: A Vampire Horror Story” as Want to Read:
Awaken: A Vampire Horror Story

Awaken: A Vampire Horror Story

A suspenseful short vampire tale of terror.

Overview:
Where am I?

Andy awakes with no recollection of where he is, how he got there, or how long he's been there. All he knows is that it's cold, it's dark, and he's alone.

When he finally escapes, he encounters strange, supernatural creatures. Terrifying monsters of the night.

Thinking of his daughter, Emma, his only goal
Published August 29th 2015 by Zellwood Press

To ask other readers questions about Awaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaken

Wesley Thomas
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice little horror story.

I found this tale to be very intriguing. I wasn't sure where it would end up. I personally loved how the author gave us information in short pieces, slowly bringing us into the scene, into the horror.
Although a short story, the characters were well developed, and this was done quickly.
A nice read for horror fans.
Also, even in the end, we still don't get a definite answer as to what the creatures are. I love that element of mystery. A horror story that leaves some que
J. Kahele
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Wow!

What a surprising ending! A man walks up in a cemetery mausoleum. He's confused and has no clue how he got there. He instantly remembers his daughter alone at home and struggled to escape the stone prison.

He hears screams outside as he is climbing a wall and then sees a man with blood dripping down the side of his mouth and a body to the side of him, a young man with s chunk of his throat ripped out. What happens next? I'm not telling.
M.A. Robbins
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I enjoy horror short stories with a twist, and Awaken didn't disappoint. Nice blend of action and atmosphere. An enjoyable read.
Marie
This book was suspenseful, but it was too quick as before I knew it, the book was finished. Wish it had been just a wee bit longer, but it was still a good read. A man wakes up in a cemetery with screaming all around him and as he tries to make his way home to his daughter, he has to literally run all the way home as there are vampires everywhere. Three stars for this one.
Lör K.
Bohannon give me more of your stuff!

This is a wonderful short story with a simple enough plot, a Father looking for his daughter in the awakening of vampires attacking the town. This short story is really well written, and the gore is pretty non descript - it's nice to see an author choosing more shock horror and plot twists in a story like this rather than relying on the gore horror aspect. I love how Bohannon has described the vampires in this, a vivid image in my head at the horrors that haun
Mel Ann
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Didn't give me anywhere near a scare.
Dawn
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Quick little Halloween read with an interesting twist!
Cheryl
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
** 15 Minute Reads from Kindle **

I thought I'd try a few of these 15 minute reads from Kindle to see how they compare quality wise to other short stories I've read.

A suspenseful read about one man's perspective of vampirism. It was a very short story that would fit perfectly into a break and the author did a wonderful job of succinctly setting out an interesting plot with well rounded characters and pacing that ratcheted up the tension to the last sentence. I'd be very interested in reading more
Tyrone Duff
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Sometimes a long novel can leave you empty, and in some cases they can be a waste of time. However, some short story (if well written) can has a lasting effect on your mind. This short story did just that. I gave it 4 stars because it was not clear to me how he got in the mausoleum. Who placed him there? He had asked the question, but it was never answered. Maybe the author did this on purpose?
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Leaves the reader hanging.with out any resolution or a ending of any kind.

Would love to read a better ending. The author is very talented in the writing of the story lots of detail and good start to story.
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ride Awakening

Short story but a nice one. Andy wakes up in a strange place his only thoughts how did he get there and he has to go home to his daughter. He meets creatures of the night along the way but he has to go home to his daughter. You'll have to read it to see.
Natasha Banton
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall I thought this was a good book. I thought it was written well, but to say it was a short horror story, it wasn't scary at all.

It's not what I would call a scary book, but it was still a good read.

It was still a good read and I would read this again someday.
Sandy Benitez
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well-written, suspenseful short story that keeps you turning the pages. Enjoyed the twist at the end though my suspicion about the main character was confirmed beforehand.
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Quick read. Wish it had been longer.
Knatia Parson
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great horror story! Looking forward to reading the author's other work.
Christopher Wills
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story well written. Had me guessing.
nikki
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok

Good Lil twist
Wish a Lil longer. . . ... . . . . .
... .

.. . .
Amanda Williams
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

A pretty good read. You are immediately pulled into the story and the writer keeps you constantly guessing on what is happening.
Trina
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon, kindle, horror
Although this short story wasn't that scary, it still was a good read. Quick and entertaining with a twist at the end.
Lanie
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Excellent writing and appropriately creepy. I don't usually like short stories, but this was pretty good. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Martin
A brief but very effective vampire story, with a great twist at the end. I definitely want to read more by this author.
Glasgowgal
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cool short read.
Barbara
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Really liked this story
Haven't Read a good graveyard story in along time.very enjoyable.
Good writer.
Keep writing these good stories
nora m malotte
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awaken: A Short Horror Stry

Awaken is a short look at the world the zombies might awaken to . Do they even understand what death is ? I RECOMMEND
Becky Stephens
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Poor editing.
Jeri Otero
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Too short

I wasn't sure about this book. I was happily surprised at how good it is. It is far too short, but a fun read.
Paolo
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story. Even for a short story it is short. I am known to have a short attention span, so I love short stories. I have said that many times (and as I get older I am becoming more and more like my nonna and tend to repeat myself so expect to hear that again ad nauseam). As with anything, some stories are good, some are bad and some are just eh. This one, for me, was a good one.

It starts with a guy waking up in a mausoleum. Your typical spooky creatures of the night chasing you scen
A. Hunt
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Short Story Lovers
This ebook and short story is free in Amazon's Kindle library. The book's cover didn't call out to me or anything like that but the word FREE did! One of my favorite words is how I came across it . So here's the gist:

Overview:
Where am I?
T
David Lutz
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
While it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on pretty much immediately, Zach Bohannon does a great job of spinning an entertaining thread for the reader in an easy-to-read, instantly enthralling fashion.

This is a well-done story of a love that overcomes monstrosity, and one that is (if you've ever been a parent) not unbelievable. Plus, the vampires don't sparkle. That's always a plus.

Visit Scifi and Scary's Book Reviews for many other Science Fiction, Horror, Thriller, and Kids' B
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Forever
  • The Night Cyclist
  • They
  • Haunted Love
  • House of Justice: A Horror Short Story
  • The Devil's Walk
  • THE RIPENING (Dark Side of the Moon, #1)
  • And The Sea Called Her Name
  • The Martian in the Wood
  • The Pied Piper of the Undead
  • Farmer One
  • Falling for the Alphas: Part One
Something about the dark side of life has always appealed to me. Whether I experience it through reading and watching horror, or listening to my favorite heavy metal bands, I have been forever fascinated with the shadow of human emotion.

While in my 20's, I discovered my passion to create through playing drums in two heavy metal bands: Kerygma and Twelve Winters. While playing in Twelve Winters (a