Start by marking “Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)” as Want to Read:
Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)

Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  404 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
“I have to remind myself to breathe—almost to remind my heart to beat.” —Wuthering Heights

From the Power of the Matchmaker series:

Nelle Thompson lives a life of privilege during the turn of the century New York City. When her parents are killed in a terrible accident, she’s forced to live with her aunt’s family in a small town in Connecticut, and treated as a poor relation
Published April 2nd 2016 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Love is Come, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love is Come

Kathy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another fabulous addition to the Power of the Matchmaker series. This one is set in the early 1900s and features a unique story-line and characters worth rooting for. Great book!

Content: clean
Source: Ebook review copy
Rachael Anderson
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in right away. I loved the early 1900s setting and how Heather's writing made me feel everything Nelle went through. The way the two main characters meet is charming, and Pearl, as Nelle's intriguing and mysterious new friend, was a wonderful addition to the story. An engaging tale of overcoming hardship written by a talented author.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I simply love this Power of the Matchmaker series. Every month I get a new novel, by a different author, with one minor character as a common thread. It's so fun. Each novel can stand on it's own and is not dependent on the others. The only thing you may want to read is the prequel novel, Power of the Matchmaker because it gives you the background on Pearl who is the common thread to all these novels.

I loved this book, Love is Come. It was so gentle and it brought all kinds of feelings to my hea
Katie W
This series is great! Each story is written by a different author, with only a minor shared character. Each can stand alone.

Nelle is a great character with real feelings. She lives in New York City during the Victorian period and has an easy life. An accident leaves her orphaned and she goes to a rural town to live with her aunt until she's of age to receive her inheritance. While there, she makes a connection with her cousin's fiance, Mathew, but that relationship is off limits.

Nelle is a very
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle, reviewed
This is a solid addition to the Power of the Matchmakers series! I loved seeing another side of Pearl and how she and Nelle bond over their broken hearts. Most of the time Pearl is wise and caring, with a twinkle in her eye, but in Love is Come we see a glimpse of the sorrow beneath the surface. The contrasting settings of the city and country are both interesting to see Nelle struggle in. They each present trials that are almost overwhelming to her. Mathew is a bright spot in her days, even tho ...more
Melanie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean, series, romance
This is the fourth installment in the Matchmaker series and I loved this one, too! It takes place in New York City in 1908. Nelle Thompson lives a life of luxury. When her parents die in an accident, she goes to live with her aunt who doesn't treat her well. She meets Mathew Janson and they hit it off. However, he is practically engaged to her cousin, Alice. Even though Nelle and Mathew have strong feelings for each other, they do the proper thing and don't act on them. Nelle even encourages him ...more
Amy
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love is Come is part of the Power of the Matchmakers series. My first thing I want to say about this look is I loved every single word of it. I could not put it down. A beautiful piece of historical fiction. Nelle is one of those characters that a reader could relate to. She had to overcome quite a bit of some heartbreaking events in her life. I was rooting for her throughout and I will leave at that and not give anything away.
A wonderfully written historical and one of my top ten reads of the y
Julie Carpenter
I feel that my review for this might not do it justice but know that I loved this book. It was beautiful and full of many emotions. Heather Moore is one of my favorite authors and this book was very well done. I ended up going on an unexpected trip the day before Thanksgiving to travel for a cousin's funeral. I was full of many emotions and memories but was glad knowing I would have a great book to listen to on my drive. My children all loaded up in the van, and my husband unable to come due to ...more
Rachel
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this addition to the Power of the Matchmaker series. It's a clean sweet romance and a quick satisfying read.

When Nelle's life is torn apart by the death of her parents, she finds herself dependent on an aunt who treats her shamefully. Her only comfort is her new friend, Miss Pearl, from town and her cousin's almost fiancé, Matthew Janson, who is drawn to this brokenhearted newcomer.

I love the fact that although Nelle is devastated by her parents death, and despite the way she i
Karey White
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great Power of the Matchmaker book. Loved Pearl's apothecary shop. I wanted to spend an afternoon there. Love a good happily ever after and Heather Moore delivered!
Susan K
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Romance, clean.
Nell is a young woman who is just learning about love, and trying to fit in society. Her parents meet an untimely death, and Nell goes to live with an Aunt who is very unkind and uncaring.
As she tries to fit into this new life, she finds herself wondering what life will hold for her.
Her cousin, who seems to be a friend to her, is engaged. As Nell interacts with Matthew, her cousin's fiancé, she seems to find hope in the d
Jessie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, historical
When Nelle's parents both die in a carriage accident, she is sent off to Conneticut to live with her aunt. She's treated as the unwanted relation with her aunt even tallying the food that Nelle eats so that Nelle can pay her for it when she comes of age and receives her inheritance. It was really easy to dislike Nelle's aunt! Nelle's cousin wasn't unkind, but she was flighty and selfish.

When Nelle and Mathew were reunited they rekindled a friendship from childhood, and both felt the stirrings of
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This story drew me in and kept me reading quickly until the end. This is a wonderful addition to the Power of the Matchmaker series. The series is made up of stand-alone books that have one central character in common. Pearl is a Chinese matchmaker who has her own heartbreak that drives her to help others find love.

This was the first full length story to have a historical fiction setting. I loved the change from the other books. It added a new dimension to Pearl's history and longevity as a matc
Maureen Timerman
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I’m really enjoying this series of books, Pearl is amazing and timeless, never aging, and everywhere. Nelle Thompson is about to have her meeting with our beloved Pearl, when life’s circumstances send our Nelle to live with her Aunt in Connecticut.
Nelle had lived a privileged life in New York City, the pampered only child, and a talented pianist. Then a tragic buggy accident took the lives of her parents, and this led her to Connecticut.
Sibling jealousy is about to affect Nelle’s life, when her
Taylor Dean
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I don't often read Victorian novels. Many years ago, I went through a phase wherein I read every single book Victoria Holt has ever written and I LOVED every single one. This book reminded me that I do indeed LOVE Victorian novels. They're so prim and proper. It's interesting to read about a world where it's scandalous to be alone with a man and if you are with a man, you need a chaperone. The people from that day and age would be shocked by the world today.
I greatly enjoyed t
Kelly
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a tender read with very heartbreaking moments.

This is part of the Matchmaker Series. It can be read as a standalone. There is one character who returns in each book who is Pearl. She is the matchmaker. She is seen in many time periods. This book we get to see Pearl talk a little more and reveal some of herself to her current couple she is matchmaking.

Nelle has lost her parents and is now living with her Aunt. Her aunt is strict and appears bothered by Nelle and her living with her aunt a
Dawn Pearson
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Note: I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review.

Heather Moore has delivered a solid addition to the Matchmaker series of books. It covers a lot of ground and issues, yet everything is wrapped up in the end about as well as I've ever read before. Even the secondary characters are taken care of.

Nelle Thompson is a single woman approaching the age of 21. She's content living with her parents and the love they provide. Marriage would be nice, but she doesn't feel compelled to force the
Linda
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The book is set in New York in the early 20th century. Nelle, the heroine, is the only child of well to do parents. Approaching her 21st birthday she has yet to have a suitor, somewhat due to her shyness & awkwardness around men & because she's never found one that piqued her interest. When a carriage accident kills both her parents, Nelle goes to live with her aunt in the country only to find herself treated as a poor relation. Her aunt puts her in a servant's room & tells Nelle tha ...more
Julie
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed the Matchmaker series that this book is a part of. Each book is so different - set in different time periods, different locations, and written by different authors. The unifying piece is Miss Pearl - the Matchmaker. While Pearl's influence on each relationship is different, her character doesn't change with each author's interpretation. And she's a character I have grown to love.

Love is Come tells the story of Nelle, a young New York socialite in the early 1900s. She's comi
Shash
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pearl is back and helping another couple come together. This is the fourth book in the Power of the Matchmaker series. It is the first historical romance, which had me excited. I love contemporary romance, but historical romance is definitely my favorite.

Nelle Thompson’s world was shattered when her parents were both killed in an accident. Left without funds for a few months until her trust becomes available on her 21st birthday, Nelle goes to live with her stern aunt in a small country town. Th
My Bookbag by Karen
I am lucky to have received an advance copy of this book, and was asked only for an honest review in return. The opinions expressed here are my own.

I am absolutely captivated by this historical romance from the Power of the Matchmaker Series. Author Heather B. Moore does an impressive job creating a world that is complete with the attitudes and social norms of the time.

Moore also does a fantastic job making me feel Nelle’s story, which is heartrendingly sad, more so because of the treatment she
Adrienne
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Following the death of her parents, Nelle Thompson goes to stay with her aunt and her cousin. Not truly welcomed in her aunt's home and deeply grieving the death of her parents, Nelle finds some solace from two sources: Miss Pearl, the owner of the local apothecary, and Mathew Janson--the handsome neighbor who is nearly engaged to her cousin Alice. Fighting her feelings for Mathew--and his feelings for her--Nelle doesn't know if she can trust her heart or her mind.

Although is is part of the Powe
Jade Green
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this Power of the Matchmaker book, Pearl comes to Waterbury, CT at the turn of the century to help Nelle through the process of grieving for her parents who were killed unexpectedly in a carriage accident in NYC. Moving in with her aunt in the country is a big change from the high society life Nelle is used to in the city. Her Aunt Corrine and cousin Alice are not helpful, but their neighbor and Alice's fiance, Mathew, is. Just when things take a turn for the better in Nelle's relationship wi ...more
Katie
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
CLEAN! Love is come is a part in a series called the Power of the Matchmaker. These book do not have to be read in order however I do recommend reading Power of the Matchmaker to better understand the roll of the Matchmaker Mae Li a little better. It isn’t necessary to read it but I think it would be helpful and adds insight into each story.
Love is Come is about Nelle Thompason who suddenly looses her parents and way of life and accepts the invitation to live with her aunt far removed for all s
Tori
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed all the books I've read so far in the Power of the Matchmaker series. They've been enjoyable and I loved Pearl, our matchmaker, making an appearance in each one. This novel started out no differently. I was enjoying it and then, I don't know what happened?! Nelle and Mathew had instant chemistry. And then there was Pearl making sure the match happened. (view spoiler) ...more
Karon
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of “Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)” by Heather B. Moore in exchange for an honest review.
This is a wonderful Victorian romance. Nelle is soon to turn twenty-one. She is unmarried and lives at home with her parents. Nelle’s parents are fairly well to do and make sure Nelle is well taken care of. Although her father wants her to marry, he is content to let her decide on her own suitors. When her prents are killed in a tragic accident, Nelle is left in care of her Aunt Cor
Martina Sanclemente Heale
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Sam B

I received this ebook through ebooksforreview in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the first two books of the Power of the Matchmaker series. This one was the third I read and sadly I was disappointed.

In each instalments, Pearl, the matchmaker, enters the life of a young man and a young woman and brings them together, one way or the other. Unfortunately, Pearl’s role in this one was very small. I actually feel like the book could have completely unfolded without her.

Also, in this
Chrissy
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I am a fan of Heather Moore. She is a talented author and writes clean, romantic novels. This was an enjoyable read, but not my favorite by her.

We are introduced to our main character as a privileged daughter to devoted and loving parents. Then her parents die and she is sent to live with family that doesn't love her or treat her very well. She meets her cousin's "intended," and really likes him. Their friendship grows and helps our main character heal.

This story was sad at parts, as
Nari
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great matchmaker book. I liked how you get to see more of Pearl in this story. Nelle is 21 and has not had any beaus interested in her. In fact, she has not even been kissed. She is starting to think she will never marry. Then one night her whole world changes when her parents are killed in an accident. She moves to the country to live with her aunt and cousin. She runs into her cousin Alice's intended Matthew in the woods. Mathew sees the pain in Nelle's eyes and offers her comfort. Th ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Nov 13, 2015 09:29AM
  • The Mariposa Hotel (A Tangerine Street Romance, #3)
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Sarah M. Eden British Isles Collection
  • Power of the Matchmaker
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • Chasing Fireflies (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Summer House Party
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • The Earl's Betrothal
  • One Last Spring
  • Lost King (Omar Zagouri #2)
  • Courting Cassandry (A Hearts in Autumn Romance, #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Old West Collection
Heather B. Moore is a USA Today bestselling author, with a dozen historical written under the pen name H.B. Moore. Latest is Slave Queen (Thomas & Mercer). Under Heather B. Moore she writes romance and women’s fiction and inspirational non-fiction, latest is Condemn Me Not: Accused of Witchcraft. Her various author names can be confusing so her kids just call her Mom.

Visit her blog for writing
More about Heather B. Moore

Power of the Matchmaker (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Broken Things to Mend (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • If We Were a Movie
  • Four Chambers (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • O'er The River Liffey
  • Chasing Fireflies (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Between Heaven and Earth
  • King of the Friend Zone (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • To Move the World
  • How I Met Your Brother

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be