Start by marking “Smart Girl (The Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Smart Girl (The Girls, #3)

Smart Girl

(The Girls #3)

Brilliant designer Miko Jin is a hopeless romantic. She’s spent most of her life falling in love over and over again…with the men she finds in the pages of her favorite novels.

When Miko meets Liam Ashton, it’s love at first sight. At least, for her. Sure, the two of them are polar opposites, and yes, he seems to be dating someone new each week. But Miko knows what true
Published January 26th 2016 by Lake Union Publishing (first published January 19th 2016)

Start your review of Smart Girl (The Girls, #3)
Rachel Hollis
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
I'm pretty biased here, I know... but if we were friends IRL I'd totally recommend this book to you! ;)
Andie
4.5/5 stars

'Smart Girl' is the third and last installment in The Girls series. It can be read as a stand alone yes, but of course having read and loved the previous books, I full heartedly believe you should read them as well :)

REVIEW:

Rachel Hollis has done it again! Another intelligent, quick-witted, and fun read! This time the story revolves around our girl Miko, a hopeless romantic with plenty of quirk and sarcasm to go around. When brilliant up and coming designer Miko is hired by her long
Obsidian
Jan 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Wow. I have never seen a series just fumble so hard at the end like this before. I actually don't even know if I am going to read the first two books and short story from this series in the future because that is how much this last entry has annoyed the crap out of me. The writing was chopped because every five minutes we had another pop culture reference thrown in that added nothing to the overall story. The plot was simply, girl is in love with a guy and does everything she can to get guy to ...more
Norah Una Sumner
"Maybe trying to live out your own love story means that you have less time to read about other people's."

Such a lovely book with strong female characters!How can I not give this book 5 stars? I really enjoyed reading about Miko and her adventures,the writing is excellent and there are soooo many amazing book references!
"I mean,jeez,even Cinder acted more natural than that,and she was half cyborg!"

The supporting characters were just as lovable as the main ones and I really love how Miko's
Jacob Proffitt
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is third in a series and the friends group is setup and established in the other books so I definitely recommend reading them first. Also, the others don't suck so definitely read them first. And then maybe stop.

If you're going to title a book "Smart Girl" it's probably a good idea that the main character not be dumb as a box of rocks. Miko wants a guy so she delves into all the romances that she reads and figures that she'll just recreate key scenes and obviously Liam will respond
Lady Heather
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, quirky/nerdy girls- viking-like broken boys

A copy of this book has been provided by Lake Union Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review"

5 "I now believe in fairies" stars!

For those who read my reviews and know me, know that I LOVE reading stories with nerdy/quirky - smart girls as the lead characters.
These characters tend to live in a world of their own because they don't think or react to situations like the rest of the normal people around them.
I find these characters colorful, unique, intriguing, fascinating.

I
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Arc offered in exchange for an honest review

More reviews and book talk at :
Molly Deininger
Ashley
An unimpressive end to a super sweet series

I really did not like this one at all. It felt like a movie trilogy that changes producer/director for the last film. Though the remaining ensemble stayed consistent Miko (who was the main character) became unrecognizable. She was this kickass ball buster in books 1 & 2 but became & stayed a sad pathetic & oblivious doormat until the near end in this one. Honestly, the grand gesture didn't negate my dislike for Liam in the end. He was just
Shealea
Before anything else, I received a digital advanced reader copy (ARC) of this book (via Netgalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you very much, Rachel Hollis and Lake Union Publishing!

Smart Girl, the third installment in Hollis’ The Girls series, has not yet been officially released. The book is expected to be published this coming January 2016. As such, I will avoid any major spoilers in this review, which is a Herculean task for me because Smart Girl has easily wormed its way into my
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
rating: 4.5/5

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I'm so grateful that I got the chance to read this book before it came out. I was so happy when I saw that I could read it and jumped on the occasion. And just to tell you how much I was dedicated to this book, I could only read on my cellphone and it was written small, but I did it because I needed to and I'm so happy that I did.

I loved Miko's character from book 1 and I couldn't wait to read her book, but I won't lie to you, she got on

Smart Girl is book three in the Girls series. The narrator is Miko. This book can be read as a standalone. Each book has a different narrator and is about a different couple. However the characters from the other books are featured in this book. I had previously read book two, Sweet Girl.

Smart Girl is Miko's story (she is friends with Landon and Max from the previous books). I would classify this book as Chick Lit.

I really enjoyed this book. However, I feel like I had an easier time starting the
Bookphenomena (Micky)

This was a cute, funny read. It is my first venture into Rachel Hollis' writing and there are lots of things I enjoyed about it. This is book three in the series but considering I haven't read the others, this stands alone well. I can gather from Smart Girl who the other books were about but I didn't feel left behind by missing information.

Miko, the lead female character is a lovely mixture of quirky, warm, kind and a little off the wall. She's a talented designer for event planning
Ashley
OH MY GODS. Of all the girls books, this one is my absolute favorite!!! I loved it so hard. I have so many highlights and so many notes. It was so fun and smart! ;) Miko Jin is quirky and confident in herself. She's equally as confident in her ability to make play boy, Liam Ashton fall in love with her. As the synopsis says, sure, the two of them are polar opposites, and yes, he seems to be dating someone new each week, but Miko concocts a plan based off of the fictional love stories she's so ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
It may have taken me a few days but I got though it and had fun. I laughed and even sympathized with Miko. She was a woman that loved to love. I enjoyed her journey and meeting her host of friends. For me, Liam was like an after thought.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review coming soon!
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I love this series. Each book focuses on a different friend with her own quirky personality and sense of humor. But watching the girls interact with each other is what really makes the series. And while there's a love story mixed in with each one, the books mainly focus on the girls, their careers and the lives that they are making for themselves.
Amanda Louder
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I debated giving this one 3 or 4 stars. Maybe 3.5. I didn’t like it as much as the others, but I appreciated the story. I love that Miko is such a book nerd and I “got” nearly all of the references.
This book had more “adult” themes. And while I think it was still pretty darn clean, I don’t think I will let my teenagers read it as I did the others.
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carlene Inspired
Many thanks to Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Read more about this review, quotes, and other reviews at my blog, Carlene Inspired.

Miko views the world behind the pages of her books and her designs. She's quirky, she's smart, and she's best friends to Landon and Max. She the third and final member of the girls. With her two best friends in love and her business taking off, Miko has finally decided it is time to put her master plan into action. She's a hopeless
Debra
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Received from netgallery in exchange for an honest review.

Smart girl is a fun, quirky read that I read really fast!

The premise of the book is not that original...it is the classic girl likes her friend's brother, tries to get him to like her scenario. Having said that, this book is fun and a very fast (and enjoyable read). The characters in this book are likable and entertaining.

Miko is very accomplished in her business. She is confident, accomplished, on top of things and comes up
Smiss
Copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Okay. I'm annoyed. But where should I begin? This review most definitely contains spoilers.. it has no summary, and it serves as a place to semi-rant.. please skip this review if you have not read the book yet.

Disclaimer: I did not read the first two books in this series. So I'm not sure if that would have changed my opinion about the main characters or the plot line.

(view spoiler)
Debbie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading this book, I really didn't like the main character at all. But as I kept reading, she started to grow on me. The poor girl had never really been in a relationship and just didn't know how to go about it. Then I kind of felt sorry for her. Then things happened and (not going to spoil it for you) and I just wanted to smack her. Then she finally got smart.

After that, and few months later, things changed and the book and her life got a whole better and it ended up being
D.M.
Miko is a young naive designer with her heart set on dating good looking Liam Ashton, a successful entrepreneur. Miko is a friend of Liam's sister and when she sees her opportunity to dazzle him with her smart business designs she takes it.

Miko is a geek at heart and has spent most of her life focused on her talents. She hasn't dated many men and is inexperienced in this area. The question is can she seduce the untamed Liam Ashton.

This book was sweet with a hint of comedy. The main character
Hilaria Alexander
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! I already liked Miko from Party Girl and Sweet Girl and was excited to read her story.
I've seen a bit of criticism regarding the third installment of the Girls series and I've also seen a post from Rachel Hollis almost having to "defend" Miko's story.
I found it honest. I prefer Miko's messiness at 26 than reading about a heroine who's 26 and accomplished in every aspect of her life.
She's a hopeless romantic, but doesn't have that much experience with love. That's
Ink
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
I liked the first two books but skipped through this one to finish it. I feel like if I am giving one star I should at least write why so here it goes:

Female character - Miko, was the most annoying heroine I’ve read for a long time and I was thinking as I am reading it “Book name must meant as a sarcasm tho, right?” She was really stupid! And that book references keep me rolling my eyes.. We get it girl you like reading stop it already!

It’s sad really though because she was cool in the first
Ruthie
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was a disappointing end to a cute trilogy. I'm not sure if the title was supposed to be ironic? If Miko, the main character, was in fact supposed to be the "smart girl" of the title, well... she made a string of really dumb decisions. There was nothing smart about her juvenile plan to snag the boy she "loved." There's nothing smart about being the most willing booty call on the planet. And honestly? I think the author is smart enough to know that relationships built solely on sex do not ...more
LouAnna
Jun 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
First of all, I am a big Rachel Hollis fan. The first Book in this series was very cute. The second book was also good. However this book took a turn from characters who have determination, complexity, and ambition to a character who is whiney, desperate, immature, sad, pathetic, and who seems to harass and stalk a love interest. I could only listen to about 40% before I decided that I did not even want to hear the end of the story. Don’t waste your time and money on this one. Stop after Sweet ...more
Mel Goethals
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-stars
I truly enjoyed this book, it was a perfect light read between all the Fantasy books I've been reading lately.

The protagonist was just so relatable in her love for books and happy endings, yet the book didn't turn into a cliché story about her being completely naive. I think it was nice, light and refreshing which is never a bad thing with romance novels.

FULL REVIEW: https://goo.gl/JsROfK

I received a copy of this book for free via NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.
Poongothai
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
A book that makes you laugh and cry with a very interesting main character.
This is my first book by the author and I enjoyed reading it and I have to check out the other books in the series.

Thanks to netgalley
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• It's a Waverly Life (The 'Mis'Adventures of Waverly Bryson Book 2)
  • Perfect on Paper: The (MIS)Adventures of Waverly Bryson
  • Honey on Your Mind
  • Chocolate for Two
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • No Sweat Pants Allowed - Wine Club (Wine and Sweat Pants Series Book 1)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Wine Club Wednesdays (Wine and Sweat Pants Series Book 4)
  • Wait for the Rain
  • Body Love
  • Merlot in Maine
  • Instant Attraction
  • The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
  • Sipping Sangria (Wine and Sweat Pants Series Book 2)
  • Katwalk
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • I'm Fine and Neither Are You
Instagram Fun --> https://www.instagram.com/msrachelhol...
Facebook Magic --> https://www.facebook.com/MsRachelHollis/

Rachel Hollis is a bestselling author, TV personality, in-demand speaker, and founder and CEO of Chic Media, the foremost authority on premium digital content for women. Named one of Inc. Magazine’s "Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30,” Rachel uses her infectious energy to empower

The Girls (3 books)
  • Party Girl (The Girls, #1)
  • Sweet Girl (The Girls, #2)
“I used to read those bits about finding your other half, and I totally bought into it. But that's not the way it works. Two half people don't make a whole. You've got to be completely whole on your own before you can be one half of anything.” 9 likes
“This is the worst! Worse than that time I finished all the books that had been published so far in a series a full year before the final book came out.” 8 likes