Start by marking “On the Meldon Plain” as Want to Read:
On the Meldon Plain

On the Meldon Plain

(The Fourline Trilogy #2)

Natalie Barns is falling apart. Since returning from Fourline, she’s tried desperately to focus on the world in front of her—the one of classes, money, and family. But the wound in Natalie’s shoulder from her final encounter with the Nala radiates pain constantly throughout her days, while her nights are tormented by terrifying dreams of the Nala—and of Soris, the rebel fi ...more
Published January 19th 2016 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about On the Meldon Plain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Meldon Plain

Marisha
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book and I was really excited for this one. However, although I thought the story was action-packed and interesting, it was totally ruined for me by the fact that the protagonist was totally whiny and mopey the whole time. It felt like she was acting like an ignorant child, making stupid remarks and not acting logically at all. She obsessed over Soris and fixing him the whole time and I just found it really tiresome. Her only saving grace was that she started to actual ...more
Bailee
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I’ve always found the way authors choose to portray parallel universes interesting because it can be taken in so many different ways. Many times, it becomes a sort of mirroring universe where the main character sees two worlds that have the same people who make very different choices. Other times, such as the case with this novel, the similarities really end at the physically close nature of these two worlds. Like Alice in Wonderland, the main character ventures through a seemingly nonthreatenin ...more
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Plenty of action, but I didnt feel like I knew enough of what was going on to be convinced as to the logic of the plans being carried out. I had this constant feeling of being swept along just experiencing the events as they happened without really knowing why they happened, and unable to form opinions as to the likelihood of a successful outcome. This was somewhat frustrating to me.

I also didn't really think Nat showed any significant character growth. If anything, she seemed to have regressed.
Vanessa Chantronic
Dec 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Spoilers.

Wasn't a fan of last book and this next installment is not better.

Natalie is insufferable. As a reader you spend a lot of time in this book knowing what is going on and just waiting for her to catch up. Barba is dull. Soris is an angsty cardboard cut out. Annin is an interesting character.

The same problems with the first book continue with this one - the world is underdeveloped, the characters are one dimensional and the plot strains credulity.

For example, the idea that Natalie could
Mark Gardner
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I had high expectations for On the Meldon Plain, because Gateway to Fourline was so good. I was not disappointed. I queried Pam on Twitter if this would be up on NetGalley, and I was happy she replied in the affirmative.

The story picks up shortly after book one ended, and was focused more on Nat, and Soris, than the rest of the rebels. A new threat is revealed, and this book sets up The Last Remnant nicely. The ending of this book was satisfying, and I look forward to reading book three in May.
Karen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Natalie Barns journeyed into Fourline and completed a mission to destroy a tracking system used to keep tabs on rebel forces who support Estos, the true king. Estos is back in his homeland fighting to regain the throne and Natalie is in this realm trying to keep up with her family and her studies. A wound that she received in Fourline is not healing and her pain is increasing. Nat goes to Sister Barba and discovers that she must return to Fourline and sever the head of the monster (called a Nala ...more
Kat(i)e
I really liked so much about the ideas behind this and the first book but the near-constant conflict between characters became so grating, I'm only going to finish the book out of sheer will. I know that conflict is what makes a story interesting. Books need a mix of larger conflicts (survival, good vs evil, physical and mental battles) and smaller conflicts (humanizing character flaws and relational differences) but the author went overboard with too many areas of conflict all turned up to the ...more
Amanda Nelson
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-file
So, I gave the first book only four stars because even though I found the world intriguing and the plot engrossing, I had a problem with some of the relationships and lack of clear development. It felt like hey, these people met, bad things happened, and boom - feelings were there and it was implied that they had been there and were intense the entire time and I somehow blinked and missed it. There were just some key intermediate steps missing. This book was so much better about that! There were ...more
Darryl Frayne
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I'm thoroughly invested in Nat's journey now. There are too many slow moments in this book for my taste, and some repetition that I often skimmed over. Nevertheless, Nat's story intrigues me. Her friends are better developed throughout this book, clearing up some questions I had in book one. Her foes, the Nala, are vividly described and Nat's role in Fourline becomes more significant. Her romantic interest helps create tension and is quite believable given her circumstances. The ending of this b ...more
Scott Wozniak
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The main character starts this book in pain (physical and emotional) from how the last book ended (which was clearly not her fault). Her guilt and doubt dominate all her relationships and choices. Her only chance at redemption she thinks is to go back to Fourline.

I had hopes she would get out of the funk, but it only got worse. And I ended up quitting the book about 2/3 through because I wasn't having any fun. Maybe it's just that I don't connect with that personal struggle enough, but the cons
Gin Ferrara
Tiffany Mccrary
I'm not totally sure what actually happened in this book. The plot was a bunch of traveling with no major movement story wise. There was no real chemistry between Natalie and Soris and instead every couple of pages we watched them have some willfully misunderstood conversation and then just whine about protecting the other. Why are they in love? There's a lot of Annin in this one, and I liked that a lot. I'm almost more interested in her at this point than Natalie. I'll give the last book a read ...more
Constance Guillory
Nala

I would not want to run into those nasty Nala creatures! I think this book and the whole trilogy should be made into a movie. It would be very good
After rescuing the queen and the duozi, Nat still has to deal with queen of the Nalas. She can't seem to get a break, not even with Soris.
Casey Rislov
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Barns has really become apart of kingdom of Fourline. This book she finds herself falling in love, fighting for what is right, and becoming a strong person inside and out. However her family at home has no idea. I really enjoy the world of Fourline- from the the characters to the scenery to the conflicts that arise. A series worth reading.
Patricia
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving It

This series is so good. I love the character growth occurring in this continuation of the series. The characters have gained more depth to them and makes me feel invested in their lives and journey. The description of this world is just wonderful.
Kirsten Jividen
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first.

This book was better than the first. It's not as slow going and has more adventure in it. I really like Nat and her character development in the series so far.
Margaret Melson
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great tale of two worlds.

Second part of an intriguing tale. The Fourline Trilogy is an interesting story of two worlds separated by a membrane, with compelling characters on both sides. Great tale for fantasy fans and the rise of the underdog.
Banobo
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entrancing, spellbinding, seductive!

Strong determined, passionate,an mild mannered, coed transformes into a force of nature, the nemisis of the evil that has pleaged Fourline for untold generations
Fernando
The events on this book were a bit too simplistic. The story revolves with a particular focus and misses the chance to explore more of fourline's unique world. I still liked the way progression was handled and felt the author prefers to focus on important plot devices rather than letting the characters ramble about. Pretty good overall!
Liupua Andrew Sunia
57%-STOP

I stopped reading this book at 57%. Been on it for three days, and it bore the bejeezuz out of me. This author really needs some work on everything. If you ever come across it, avoid these books at all costs.
Nina Pope
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn’t put it down!

Absolutely loved it!
Couldn’t wait to read more about Nat & Soris, and the whole gang’s adventures after the first book in the trilogy; needless to say I flew through this book and on to the third one!
Rachel
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read!

The first book was a bit slow but establishing a story like this needs a good amount of background. The second book though, is fantastic and I can't wait to read the next one!
Katey Bassett
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The series just keeps getting better and better with each chapter, I can't wait to read the next installment although the thought of the story line ending is super bittersweet. I need to know what happens with Soris and Nat and everyone else who is also inflicted by the Nala.
Jenni
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great fantasy fiction read, and it's appropriate for young adults. Great adventure, characters, and world. Love it! I'll be sad when I finish the last one.
Marian Jacobs
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
A fun series and moderately clean.
Catherine
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
~ 3.75 stars ~
Andris frustrates me to no end.
Michelle
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi-fantasy, ebook
I really like this series! Can't wait to read the next one
Dana Kashubeck
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story and I was sucked right back in after reading the first Fourline book. Once I was done I couldn't wait to get to the next one.
Sam S.
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked it!!!
Nora McCutchen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the trilogy so far. Filled with more action, emotion, and drama, I love it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Skies (Sharani Series, #3)
  • Love and Decay Omnibus: Season One (Love and Decay, #1-12)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Night Wars (Night Warriors, #4)
  • Blood of the Queen (Orc Saga, #2)
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak #3)
  • Lost Books 4-In-1: Chosen, Infidel, Renegade, Chaos
  • Princess Ahira
  • Cheating Death (The Immortal Descendants, #5)
  • Chasing Shadows (The Underground #4)
  • Dead Town Angel (Foxblood #0.5)
  • Cowboy from the Future
  • The Navigator's Touch (The Seafarer's Kiss, #2)
  • A Little Knowledge (The Split Worlds, #4)
  • Warrior Prince (Ondine Quartet, #2.5)
  • A Painted Goddess (A Fire Beneath the Skin, #3)
  • Reign of Shadows (Descendants #3)
  • Midway (The Harvesting, #1.5)
Pam Brondos is the author of The Fourline Trilogy and lives where the wind blows on a daily basis.

The Fourline Trilogy (3 books)
  • Gateway to Fourline