Start by marking “Let It Breathe” as Want to Read:
Let It Breathe

Let It Breathe

Forbidden fruit can be downright intoxicating.

Vineyard manager Reese Clark is determined to bring her family’s Oregon winery into the big leagues, and she knows building a new tasting room and event pavilion is her ticket there. Having her ex-husband’s best friend—and her secret college crush—turn up to head the construction project, however, doesn’t pair well with her pla
MP3 CD
Published March 22nd 2016 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Let It Breathe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Breathe

Start your review of Let It Breathe
Irene
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Let It Breathe was such a fun & entertaining love story.

I was drawn into the story from the first page, loved Reese and Clay and all the secondary characters.
Reese and Clay were both complex, fun, intense, passionate and very relatable characters. I enjoyed watching them re-connect and give into the feelings they first felt back in college but never really acted on.
Now years later they go with these feelings and what they find is they are perfect together.

This was a well written heartw
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

While Let It Breathe was packed full of fun characters, hilarity and a romance for two very deserving people this book got off to a very slow start something I'm not use to from author Tawna Fenske. Thankfully it picked up the pace and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Reese Clark and Clay Henderson have history, a lot of history and a good portion of it is not pretty. Clay is back after several years away getting his life together and going
Alyse
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reese Clark is determined to bring her family's winery into the big leagues and she feels that expanding is the way to do it. She wants to add a tasting room and event pavilion to be able to expand profits and add exposure. When her ex-husband's best friend (and former crush) she fears that MAYBE she bit off more than she can chew.

Clay Henderson is finally back home after leaving to get his life on track. He is determined to show his friends that he has changed from his crazy drinking days to a
namericanwordcat
I am really happy to have discovered this writer. I have several books of Fenske I have bought but have not read. After I read Let It Breathe, I tore through those.

The writing is riddle with the little facts and details that are catnip for me. I get to learn all about winemaking and the heroine does wildlife rescue so there is that fun as well.

The heroine is well drawn as someone who is stuck and the hero's journey to become his sober best self is great. He has loved her forever but has amends t
Bette Hansen
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! It ticked all the boxes for a light fun read for me. It's filled with hilarious over the top characters - I just think the name Axl and start giggling! There's a wonderful small town feel, a groin butting alpaca, lots of family love, and an excellent slow build romance between Clay and Reese. All this just made me one happy reader.

Reese Clark has more chaos in her life than she can handle but since the majority of that chaos comes from family what's she gonna do?? I
Molly Blue
Too simple, too quick, too preachy, too don't waste your time.
Kayla at MyBookMuse
His years as a stumbling drunk may have stolen a lot of his memories, but he'd never forget the curve of her cheek against her palm as she tapped her pencil on her teeth and looked toward the front of the lecture hall.

Thank you Tawna Fenske for coming into my life. I should apologize now but I found a new-to-me author and I am falling in love with her work. The first book of hers I read was Now That It's You and fell in love with her brand of storytelling (you will read more about that closer to
Danielle
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out a little on the slow side but once I got past that it really started to take off. I thought the plot was different and I started to really enjoy the characters and the challenges that Ms. Fenske took them on.

The story starts off with Reese wanting to expand her family's winery and the company who will doing it is on there way. But she doesn't know that Clay will be the one doing the work. Years ago she spent time bailing him out of jail because of his drinking problem but
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Let It Breathe was the first book I've read by Tawna Fenske and I really enjoyed it. It started a bit slow for me and took me a bit to get into it but once I did I really enjoyed the plot and the characters.

Reese manages her families vineyard and her ex-husband and still good friend makes the wine. He is re-married and Reese is good friends with his "new" wife as well. Growing up Reese, Eric (her ex-husband) and Clay were the best of friends. Reese was always attracted to Clay but he was an alc
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
Another great read by Ms. Fenske. I really enjoyed the Let it Breath. I loved Leon. He is just awesome!! Who is Leon you ask? I can’t tell you ;). But you will like him.
I really enjoyed the tension between Clay and Reese. The history that Clay and Reese have is one that is filled with a lot of hurt, booze and unrequited love. I always love a second chance romance story, but Let it Breath is more of a second chance at first
Tanya Vought
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I've read a book by this author and it won't be my last.

I enjoyed Let it Breathe from start to finish. It's unique, filled with laughs, pain, shocking events, family and wine..plenty of wine.

You will fall for all of the characters! You'll enjoy the relationships involved too-- especially with Reese and Eric(her ex-husband). It's amazing to watch how their relationship works. It's nice to see them in an amicable relationship.

Then there's Clay. The one man she's always harb
Susan Swiderski
As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This author's books never fail to entertain, and parts of this one are laugh-out-loud funny. Like some of the antics of the octogenarian grandfather, who is still a Harley-riding, pot-growing, womanizing hoot... or the pet alpaca who "greets" gentlemen callers with a solid head butt to the groin, and gets stoned on some of Grandpa's pot.

It's a nice enough obstacle-filled romance, with a few toe-curling scenes, but nothing too graphic. The main settin
Trisha Leigh
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can say something about this book that's pretty rare - I wouldn't change one single word. Tawna always delivers hilarious, over the top characters that face down situations that are somehow both ridiculous and relatable, but Clay and Reese are something special. I rooted for them as a couple, but more than that, I rooted for them each to conquer their individual mountains as well.

As a woman who divorced in her twenties and is just now maybe possibly believing that another try might not be the
Linniegayl
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this for review at All About Romance and gave it a B. I wrote:

"I gave Tawna Fenske’s 2011 Making Waves a B at AAR. Somehow, Ms. Fenske fell off my radar until I saw this on the review list, for which I’m grateful. The hero and heroine are fully developed with an interesting shared backstory. I found this an enjoyable read, and if not for a few annoying characters my grade would be even higher."

You can read my whole review here: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookRev...
Gabi Coatsworth
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, chick-lit
I interviewed Tawna Fenske for my blog a few years ago, and have watched her career with interest. This book probably isn't aimed at people in my age group, but it was fun to read, and showed an unexpected sympathy for people in recovery from alcoholism. The risque innuendoes may have been a little repetitive, and I actually think the book stands up well enough (oops!) on its own, without that. Her sex scenes are romantic as well as sexy (not too sexy to read in public). All in all, a cheerful d ...more
Linda Grimes
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed. I cried. I fanned my flaming cheeks during a few scenes, if you get my drift. In other words, LET IT BREATHE is hilariously, heartbreakingly, quintessentially Fenske at her best. Who else would come up with that head-butting alpaca? I loved every page spent with Reese, Clay, and the whole supporting cast of quirkily charming characters. And I'm betting you will, too.
Deborah Blake
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great quirky romantic comedy by Tawna Fenske, who has become one of my go-to authors for books that make me laugh while I read them and make me sigh with contentment when I finally turn the last page. (In between, there's a bit of steam, too...) Highly recommended.
Michelle
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It's been so long since I found a new author who could really make me laugh! I adore all the quirky side characters, and really, any book with the line, "Stop sexually harassing my alpaca!" is a good book in my mind.
Ofelia
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book filled with laughter, romance and a grandfather you ended up saving the day. A must read
Ez
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another great, feel good, sweet read from Tawna Fenske focussing on a second chance at love. Clay, Reese and Eric go all the way back to college and were inseparable. Eric and Reese ended up dating and eventually marrying, but divorced after a year when they realised that being best friends isn't always a winning feature of a successful marriage. Simmering in the background for all of those years, however, was Clay's love and attraction for Reese and a lifetime of regret for never makin ...more
Gabriella
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a nice surprise for me. I didn't expect I was going to like it this much, but I did. It is a light easy read.
This is sort of a second chance romance. It's the story of Reese and Clay. They met in college, and are best friends, along with Eric. They had a one night stand, but Clay was in a bad place at the time and Reese started dating and eventually married Eric. Life happens, and Clay went away to deal with his personal problems and Reese and Eric divorced but remain very close f
Jenn Cunha
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

Hmm. I'm on the fence about this one. There were aspects I really enjoyed, mostly the closeness of the Clarke family, even if Reese thought they were too close. On the other hand, Clay was a little too wishy-washy through most of the book. I get that he was trying to make amends and that he had a lot to atone for, but my goodness, I wanted him to take a stand much sooner than he did. Watching him and Reese circle each other, both of them trying
D. E.
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A TF. Woman Up Front Novel/A Winery/Parents/Lot Smoked GD/A Construction Engineer to Die For

TF. has. penned a novel about a strong woman who is trying to take her parents winery across country as opposed to local. She makes plans and gets them started, but when the engineer shows up old sparks fly, her GD arrives with more than a legal bunch of MJ. Her parents are trying not to interfere, but they have no faith. The young woman and the construction engineer attempt to stay apart, but to no avail
Meredith Schorr
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and romantic. Tawna Fenske is up there with Jennifer Crusie in terms of solid romantic comedy. She's so witty, but it's not all fluff at all. At least in all the novels I've read, there have been emotional components for balance. I adored this one. The family, especially Grandpa Axl and cousin Larrisa, were hysterical. And Clay was a dream.

Don't let the non-illustrated cover deter you, this is a true romcom.
Synergy_Quest
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid

This is yet another solid contemporary romance by this author. The H and h have a complicated history. Yet, you can’t help but cheer for them to find their HEA. The grandpa brought the funny on this one. His candor and high-jinks also served as a much need breathe of fresh air when the characters got too heady. It’s good readin’!
Bobby
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your usual

Well,this is nothing like the books I usually read. I don't drink much. Wineries are not my thing. I usually read mysteries. But this love story about an alcoholic and the owner of a winery kept me engrossed to the very end.
Natalie Townsend
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reese and Clay

What a great story. I wish the story would have been a little longer or maybe a prologue, otherwise it was great. I liked the history between Reese and Clay with a few added obstacles along the way. The twist in the end was an added bonus. Excellent story.
Karen
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life is too short to read books that are boring and uninteresting. That has NEVER been the case when I read a Tawna Fenske novel. LET IT BREATHE was delightful, funny, and each character brought a layer of reality to Reese's "boring", not so boring life.
Michelle Douglas
Loved this author's voice. Loved the hero and heroine. Really loved the eccentric cast of secondary characters. A real treat of a book.
Emerald Berry
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Well written and engaging. Truly an enjoyable piece of work. A relaxing and joyful read for a quiet weekend or afternoon.
« previous 1 3 next »

• She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
  • How to Catch a Wild Viscount
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger #2)
  • Finding Libbie
  • Real Men Knit
  • You Wrecked Me
  • You Complicate Me
  • Sophie Mays' Magnolia Harbor series
  • Summer of the Loon
  • Crashing Back Down (Crashing, #1)
  • Love Walks In (Bliss Cove, #1)
  • Falling Back Together (Crashing, #2)
  • Sisters and Sunrises (Whisling Island series Book 3)
  • Send Sunshine (Love In Providence #1)
  • The Sandover Beach Billionaire (The Billionaire Surprise #6)
  • Beyond Beautiful (Love in Providence #2)
  • Rebel (Women Who Dare, #1)
  • Sweet on the Greek (Just for Him, #3)
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more