Start by marking “The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret” as Want to Read:
The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret

The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret

It's time to revolutionize the way you think about dieting

Bestselling author Brenda Watson shares the remarkable secret that helped her take charge of her health and change her life forever. Now you can do the same

"The Fiber35 Diet" will show you how to lose weight and improve your health by taking advantage of the extraordinary health benefits of fiber.

In recent decades

Published February 27th 2007 by Free Press (first published January 1st 1955)

To ask other readers questions about The Fiber35 Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fiber35 Diet

John
Dec 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
'm not a fan of the magical numbers that some of these diet books put out there (35, 60/30/10, 0, etc.) and this book's 35 grams of fiber is yet another gimmick that is supposed to give you all that you want in an eating plan. This is, however, a pretty good gimmick. I can't go on enough about how beneficial fiber is for your health (and Brenda is with me)- more fiber= lower caloric density, better digestive health, and better energy balance.

Though the high fiber diet has been given to us befor
J.D. Holman
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookbooks
I wasn't going to record this on Goodreads, but I read the entire book. There is a lot of good information in this diet book, which does not rely on gimmicks or bad science, but rather presents why we should eat more fiber. Cut a reasonable amount of calories (unlike Weight Watchers which, if you do the math of the PlusPoints equaling roughly 30 calories per PlusPoint, the average amount for weight-loss allowance - 26 PP - is only 780 calories per day), follow the exercise plan, and lose weight ...more
Katrina
Apr 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Should be eating the way my mother taught me! She does show you once again the fabulous benefits of eating closer to nature. I learned more about my body and about food and was encouraged to keep eating closer to the source.
Robert Beveridge
Brenda Watson, The Fiber35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret (Free Press, 2007)

I knew it would eventually happen—in an age where we've had decades of quirky, contrarian diet books (how else to explain the low-carb revolution?), eventually we'd get to the point where someone would write a classic diet book and have it hailed as something revolutionary. Welcome to The Fiber35 Diet, a book that basically tells you exactly what people have been saying about weight loss since fat people first started
Kristina
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, non-fiction
This was an okay book as far as diet books go. I already knew of all the benefits of fiber, so I was hoping for something a little bit more in depth. It gives a good review of fibers benefits. I would have liked it to be a little more scientific. There was a mention of fiber causing calories not to be absorbed. I tried finding any other mention of this online, but was unsuccessful. I admit I didn't spend a great deal of time looking, but for such a great claim, you would think there'd be some su ...more
Dirly
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is actually not a bad reference. I thought it was going to be another trendy diet book, but was pleasantly surprised to see that Watson actually has a very good nutrition foundation. As someone who majored in nutrition and dietetics, I often read diet books so I can be aware of what patients/clients may be reading and then I will know how to inform them where/if the books are incorrect. This book does a great job in giving the reader easy to understand information about how to eat a ba ...more
Joy
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Saw Brenda Watson on PBS and ordered this book and the HOPE book before the prices went up on Amazon.

Common sense teaching--nothing new really, except maybe more detail on the amount of fiber in fruits and vegetables. And she wants you to take gi-normous amounts of probiotics--don't remember which book.

Of course she has a company with her husband selling, what else, fiber and probiotics. There are other companies on the 'Net that also sell these products and I will be investigating some of them
Teena in Toronto
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it
A nice reminder that we should be eating more fibre in our diets and the benefits of doing so. We should be striving to have at least 35 grams of fibre every day. There is lots of information if you want to know why we should be eating protein, carbs, fibre, etc. along with recipes and suggested meal plans.

The problem I had with this book is that she wants you to have shakes and bars rather than natural fresh food for two meals a day. And guess what? So is she writing about it because she truly
Hilary
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I really like the concept that nothing is outlawed. You can eat just about anything as long as you stay within calorie limits and have 35 grams of fiber. To get 35 grams of fiber you must eat lots of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. I really like that it is very plant based, but meat and dairy are not excluded completely. Haven't actually tried the diet part yet, just read about it.
Carolyn
May 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Loved the info in this book. It really got me on a healthy-eating kick. Just beware of the bowel changes if you do start eating this much fiber daily!!! I didn't use the recipes she gave or start drinking the shakes, but I did add a lot more fruits/veggies to my diet, cut out lots of fats and sugars, and looked for foods with high fiber content...that is until I got pregnant. I haven't done very well ever since!!!
Brenda
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a really sesible way to look at not only weight loss but also over-all health. Fiber was to me a good idea, after this book it's a life changing necessity. After following it's premises for about a week I really feel good. More energy, and a feeling of wellness. Oh, and a few pounds lost is nice too!
Jill
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have struggled to lose weight for many years. I have finally lost those pesky 15 pounds and kept them off since around March. This book changed the way I eat and the way I think about eating. It basically changed my life!
Ariel
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
HA! At long last my deep-love of fiber is vindicated! Seriously, this book is fantastic - following its guidelines has increased my gastrointestinal joy - my toilet overfloweth. Remember, if the GI tract ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy. Long live fiber!
Mary
Feb 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Grabbed this one on the way out of the library and it's okay. Just reinforces my desire to eat more fiber but I'm not one to diet, diet. I only have read about 1/3 of the book. I didn't finish the book but enjoyed the info. I got from it.
Wendy
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I don't have to loose weight, but I absolutely believe that adding more fiber to your diet makes you feel better and gives you more energy. It works for me and this book gave me a lot of extra information.
Darlene
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone wanting to lose weight or improve his/her overall health and wellness, this book is a great start. It is full of great healthy recipes, snack ideas and exercise tips. Whether you want to try the diet or not, you will find useful information.
Kristel
An interesting book, but it didn't really teach me anything I didn't already know. I didn't care for the eating plan it offered, but worse wasn't that interested by most of the recipes presented. I've only made a couple things from this book and have been toying with the idea of donating it.
Cameron
Jan 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: wellness
A good look at the importance of fiber would be the most important message to pull from this text.
Pat Murphy
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this interesting for a diet book. Tells of the importance of fiber in your diet for your health. I bought just about all of it.
Alethia
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a great book if you are looking for information regarding the best foods for your body to help prevent disease, have more energy and loose weight.

Lisa
Apr 12, 2008 rated it did not like it
Didn't sound workable to me.
Diane
Apr 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I like this book a lot. I find it informative even if I don't agree with everything.
Michelle M Moore
Jul 18, 2014
Dawn
Jun 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Brenda Watson, C.N.C. is an authority on nutrition, digestion, internal cleansing and detoxification. A New York Times best-selling author and public television educator, she validates why digestive health is the foundation for total-body health. Her new book, Skinny Gut Diet – Balance Your Digestive System for Permanent Weight Loss – debuts this Fall.