Start by marking “The Art of Stealing Hearts” as Want to Read:
The Art of Stealing Hearts

The Art of Stealing Hearts

(Love and Art #1)

“The bid is at five million dollars. Going once…”

This morning, I was waiting tables and dreaming of an internship at San Francisco’s most famous auction house . Now I have my paddle in the air, bidding more money than I can imagine for a priceless painting – and all because of him.

“Going twice…”

Charles St. Clair is a famous British billionaire, and the most seductive man I
Published September 30th 2015 (first published September 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Stealing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Stealing Hearts

Start your review of The Art of Stealing Hearts
Hilary
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Stealing hearts paints a fun and flirtatious story of a chance meeting turning into a chance of a lifetime.

Grace has a love of art. Her mother taught her to see the beauty in everything around her. With this shared passion, she has set off to get a job in the art world. But on her way, in a mad rush to get to the interview on time, she meets a handsome stranger.

Charles St. Clair is a finance mogul worth billions, but he too shares a love of art. When their mutual love keeps bringing
Michele McMullen
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is an amazing debut from this new author, I had the pleasure of receiving an ARC for an honest review.
May I introduce you to the lovely Grace. She is a beautiful, talented, sweet young women that has devoted her live to living and learning the world of art. She has lived and breathed this world from a very young age with the help of her mother who always strived to feed her interest. Grace sees beauty in every piece and does an exquisite job of sharing her thoughts with the people around h
Analia Almonte
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was honored to give an ARC of this amazing story. This is the author debut novel, and she don’t disappoint me. The story of Grace and her dream to success in the art world, and defitntly you will fall for her and Charles is one of a kind so far. The story is well written and well develop. I was waiting more, but is a really good read and can’t wait for the second part. Grace is that ordinary chic that is real and feel real, she is a dreamer and a fighter because is willing to success in the ar ...more
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 STARS!

I liked it but I wanted more. I felt like nothing interesting happened. Yes, they met, but it was not a "wow" moment. Even though I have an idea about what is going on, I'm a little intrigued so I'm going to keep reading this series. Well, that and St. Claire's British accent.
I think that it should not have been divided into 3 books.
Mwahhhhhhh!
Kristine GPI Bookblog
The Art of Stealing Hearts starts off on what could be Grace Bennett's biggest day in her short life, she's got an interview for an internship at the prestigious Carringer's - after a lifetime of living and breathing art, Grace finally has an opportunity to turn her dream into reality. Growing up in a meagre home, Grace has always known financial struggle, but what she lacked in financial stability she had ten fold in love, her mother created a world filled with wonder, with art.

When Grace runs
Lisa
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
The Art of Stealing Hearts by Stella London is the first book in her debut series Love and Art. This is perfectly paced story with great characters and depth.

Grace loves art. She loves it for herself and in remembrance of her mother who was an artist. Living in San Fransisco there is a wonderful art culture available, getting your foot in the door at a gallery is not so easy or wonderful, however. When an internship application goes wrong and Grace's hot guy run-in turns up at the gallery as a c
Aaly
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review **

The Art of Stealing Hearts is a sweet and cute contemporary romance. I really enjoyed reading this one; and I have to be honest, the art lover in me couldn’t resist to read this story about Grace, who got the chance to be an intern, to have her a dream job … until some unexpected events leads her into the path of a British gentleman; Charles St Clair.

The story of Grace and her willingness to success in the art world was great a
Book-Bosomed  blog
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/4 Stars
Grace Bennett is a waitress with an art degree trying to find a break in the art industry. When she stumbles into art connoisseur Charles St. Clair her luck begins to change.

I’m feeling a mixed bag with this one. So let’s break it down this way:

What I liked…
Well Charles to top the list! He’s British; he’s dashing; he has an air of mystery to him alongside a striking mix of down-to-Earth and lifestyles of the rich & famous all rolled into one. He’s a sexy gentleman; no hints of a manw
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Super cute and sweet! Grace is such a likable character. She is down to earth and humble while trying to work in a world that is anything but! Her perseverance and determination are admirable in the face of all that rejection and snottiness. But what really catches you? She genuinely LOVES art. She is truly passionate about it and its cool to see someone so in love with something. Charles reminded me a bit of Richard Gere in Pretty Woman. Not really in a bad way, but in that he was stupid rich a ...more
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: 5 stars for sure!

***ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review***

Oh the arts! I love art! Paintings and artists are intriguing. This book is one I loved because not only is it about art but it also involves a grand story with it. Girl who is soo in love with art that it consumes her very being. A guy who is so in tune in the art world and could have any piece of art he so desired with the snap of his fingers. This story simply ended too soon for me and I want, no I need m
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me state for the record, this awesome story was too short. And the way that Stella London left me hanging has put her on the list of authors trying to kill me.

Grace is a beautiful, young woman trying to make it into the art world. On her way to her first interview, she literally runs into Charles St. Claire, a hot, famous British billionaire, spilling his coffee all over him. She feels an instant spark, but knows that stuff like this doesn't happen to girls like her. The Art of Stealing Hear
Amber Eckstein
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Got the ARC for a honest opinion.

I love this book. the characters made sense, love the tension between them, the conflict and so on. still wondering about charles and what his story is about. the book was short and sweet but there was enough "meat " involved so i didnt feel lacking. can't wait till October for the second book. 5 artastic stars.
Alice
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"To be continued..." What? Nooooo! I was shocked when I read it! I didn't expect it to be over so soon!

Okay but let's go back to the beginning!
I was sooo lucky to get The Art of Stealing Hearts as a gift from a wonderful friend!
So I decided to start this book by Stella London yesterday and it was the best decision ever!
I couldn't stop myself from reading! I was kinda addicted to it! Stella's style is fabulous! The characters are so good that I can't even find the right words to describe them!
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
As the book uses the exquisite and elegant demeanor of the art world throughout the book, The Art of Stealing Hearts is a graciously written, light hearted, heart-warming story of coincidental meetings and chances of a lifetime.

Readers meet Grace Bennett on the most important day of her life. Running against the clock, for an interview of a lifetime she literally bumps into Charles St. Clair. Thinking it was a one off meeting, she continues her journey without a second thought… Until they meet a
Elita
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review for "The Art Of Stealing Hearts"- Stella London
Reviewed by Triple B Book blog

So I was gifted this advance copy for my honest review and when I first started reading it I thought great a nice short story....it took me just over 2 hrs to read and it was perfect. The writing was great and the story flowed well.
It is based in an auction house that sell the very best of the best of art.

Grace thinks she get her dream job, only to find out she has been give the janitor position, so she decides t
Natasha
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review.
4* read.
Debut novel by this author which was a good and enjoyable fast paced read with characters you can connect with in Grace and Charles. Grace is really passionate about Art and this shows throughout the book and when she meets mysterious Charles the book really gets going. Charles well I haven't made my mind up about him fully yet but I liked these two together and I look forward to reading more as it was just really getting s
Deanna
3.5 / 5 stars

I think it's a promising start to this trilogy. I just wished it didn't end on such a cliffhanger-start.

I liked it for the most part. Grace was a likable protagonist. The plot was very interesting/different compared to a lot of other books I've read. It's light, fluffy, and I can sense a Cinderella-like theme on this.

Only complaints I'm going to have is the lack of focus on the mystery and the fact that there are way too many characters introduced in such a short novel? I'm a
Liz
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a very short part 1 of what's obviously going to be a series of some sort.

Grace is young and wants to work in the art world. She seems fairly knowledgeable and she's got some depth, but no one wants to give her a chance, blah blah. She was a little too whiny for me but she's very millennial.

I'm a little confused by what happened between Charles and Grace that night in Napa and I'm of the ilk that Charles isn't all he's cracked up to be, but neither are Lydia or Stanford. They're going to
Cherye Elliott
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I fell upon this book by accident looking for a new direction in my reading. What a great book! Grace, such a sweet girl. Charles. What is his game. Don't know if I am to love him or hate him. Now I have to wait a week to find out! Argh!

I am giving this book 5 starts because it was fun to read, the characters are wonderful--except for Stanford and of course Lydia. Fresh and exciting. Thanks Stella London.
Laura McMillin
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An amazing and wonderfully written debut! Loved this book and the beautifully descriptive writing! Charles St. Clair is absolutely swoon worthy; hot, a gentleman, billionaire...! Grace is a young woman with an emotional bond and love for art. When these two meet, sparks fly in a very sensual way! Can't wait to see where this story goes!
Naughty Book Blog
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This feel-good romance had me grinning like a fool and swooning like crazy! Charles is every woman's dream! I loved the plot twists that I never saw coming. Looking forward to the next book.
Tia
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
Joyce Aguilar
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The way this author writes is fascinating. The moments when Grace sees the art around her always gets through me, the moments when she is asking why, and remembers how her mom would say the answer gives me a warm feeling. Charles is a lovely guy, a billionaire, but he too has depth and he has a good heart. I am loving how this story will end.
1.5 stars rounded to 2. This book was ok. It was very short (part of a serial, or whatever they're called) and as such, didn't really have too much opportunity to be interesting. I've read first installments of serials that are just so engaging, I couldn't wait to start reading the next one(s). Unfortunately, that was not the case with this book. At the end of it, I could honestly take or leave the subsequent books.

What I liked:
1) This book was pretty clean, language wise and sex wise.

What I did
Harley
Jan 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was surprised when I looked on Goodreads and found this book got as high as it did.

The book is about a girl just out of college, with little experience or life experience that meets a stranger that gives her a top-end art consulting job within oh... a week of meeting her?... The whole story was so flimsy that a sneeze would have tumbled it down. There was no sophistication at all to the writing except for the naming of some impressive artists and their styles of work.

I found little emotional
Kerry Szymanski
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grace is struggling to find herself in the world of art lovers. She lands a job in which she hopes to build her career with, but her boss is a real bitch making her job really demanding. She crosses path with Charles st Clair, sexy God of a man. He goes out of his way to spend time with Grace. The first book is more of a cat and mouse chase. Really enjoyed each page. Graces best friend Paige is a crazy chick too! Great love adventure, and two more books to go! Five stars
Stormie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
There were really great things about this and then just ok things. For one it's super short. And description and depth to the story is lacking a little bit. But Grace's love of art sold me on this. She is so passionate about it. And how she views it makes me feel just as strongly about it. I don't really feel any connection to Charles yet though. Hopefully the next will get better with that.
Hajar
Book 1 with not so much cliffhanger but makes you eager to read for the next book.This book introduced us to Grace Bennet and Charles St Clair.How they met and how they feel attracted to each other in the name of art!!,,there's a catch there and i cant wait for book 2!!
Jonique
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I mean it wasn't bad.....I just feel like nothing really happened and it was kind of far fetched. I just can't describe it I'm reading the second book because I am curious but I just can't give it three stars. maybe if this was one solid book instead of. as series.

• Billionaire With a Twist: Part One

Love and Art (3 books)
  • The Art of Stealing Kisses (Love and Art Book Two)
  • The Art of Stealing Forever (Love and Art Book 3)