Start by marking “The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree (A Whisper of Scandal #5)” as Want to Read:
The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree (A Whisper of Scandal #5)

The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree

(Whisper of Scandal #5)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Justin Holleman, the Duke of Dinnisfree, is used to being wanted—in bed, for missions, and even dead. He’s protected his country more times than he can remember, gaining enemies along the way, but he failed to defend himself from the past that hardened his heart. Instead, he became an expert at shutting people out. Yet now
Published October 26th 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree

Ivy H
Tracy T.
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun Story Good narration by Tim Campbell (audible review)

I enjoyed this story, it was really good. Fast paced not full of repetitive filler nonsense. The heroine Arabella was great, straight forward and to the point. I liked Justin too, he was smart, sexy and a spy. These two had some good chemistry together, there was a nicely written sex scene, not erotica not rated G.

The story line and plot were good, it all flowed very well. I always love a historical romance spy book.
There is lots of dialo
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Once again I am blown away by Julie Johnstone and her innate ability to suck the reader into her world and never let go!

In the latest A WHISPER OF SCANDAL NOVEL, THE DANGEROUS DUKE OF DINNISFREE, we have the duke, Justin Holleman, who has been in service to the crown for some time now. His oath to protect the crown above all else keeps him focused, and his complacency in all other areas of his life, leaves him unable to form relationships beyond the surface. Now, the Prince Regent has given Jus
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read!

The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree is the perfect romantic love story that made me fall in love for the Regency era!
I really adored, this book, nicely written by Julie Johnstone. I found it refreshing, full of love, secrets, danger, loyalty and passion! Her characters, Justin and Anabella were charming and adorable! Ms. Johnstone is a talented writer with a warm style of writing that kept me reading until their romantic story was finished. Desperate to protect her parents from poverty
Romancing the Book
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
Reviewed by Danielle U
Book provided by the author for review
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I choose this historical romance novel because of it’s enticing cover and enchanting synopsis. I was curious to find out more about Duke Justin and Arabella Cartwright. Julie Johnstone has taken two unlikely characters that would never have met and brought them together under certain life circumstances. I found it highly entertaining to watch as the two bickered and flirted openly with one another
Connie Fischer
London - 1820

Miss Arabella Carthright works as a seamstress. Although she was adopted, her parents have always shown her much love. Sadly, her mother is in a mental hospital and her father is confined to a wheelchair following a stroke. Arabella is doing all she can to try and make enough money to provide care for her mother and cover someone to be with her father while she is working, in addition to paying for their food and rent. She has just made four dresses for Lady Conyngham, rumored to be
Kiltsandswords
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Justin AKA James Bond is a spy for Prinny. He is like a male Olivia Pope – he puts out the fires of the overindulged Prince. His latest mission brings him in contact with the lovely Arabella. To say that she has a difficult life is an understatement. Arabella’s life is very typical of the average Londoner. She has finally reached low enough to have to self her body when fate intervenes.
What was great about the book was how the class divide was explored. Arabella was from the working poor of Lond
April
#5 in the heart pounding "A Whisper of Scandal", but can be read as a stand alone.

Fast paced, adventure filled with engaging and mesmerizing characters. The storyline is passionate, compelling, and intriguing. It has secrets, passion, a bit of mystery, add in some suspense, romance and what a story!

Once again, Ms. Johnstone has written a story that is spellbinding, intriguing and simply mesmerizing! Fans of Historical Romance will be astounded, and thrilled as they turn from page to page. I pe
Ann Gonzalez
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is one you that can't put down. I think Julie did a great job on the characters and the plot. The Duke of Dinnisfree is the hero you fall in love with quickly. Cold hearted on the outside, but warm on the inside. Arebella is the tough heroine that is exactly what it takes to melt Justin's heart.
Sally Hannoush
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
King VS Queen- which side will win? People aren't who they seem to be and others play parts they don't know they are playing. There is a lot of insanity and lies. Big secrets and discoveries unfold. The story had great characters and is told well. Good read!
Amy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is my third Julie Johnstone book I've read and this would be my favorite so far. I love stories with spies, dukes and worthy heroines. I thought Justin a swoon worthy hero who's trying to protect his heart and position with the King, and Arabella a sweet, enduring Heroine who's got a lot on her mind trying to take care of her aging parents and all the money problems. Thankfully I loved them both.

It was even better with the true history of the "Prinny" and the Queen and their proble
Lauren Jones
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was provided with a copy of The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree in exchange for an honest review and I loved it! I can honestly say that it had me enthralled and I didn’t want to put it down! This story begins with a woman named Arabella trying to figure out how she is going to pay for her mother’s hospitalization. Her mother becomes mentally ill after the loss of Daniel, her biological son. After placement into the medical home, the warden begins to threaten Arabella that she will transfer her m ...more
Crystal
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnstone has once again created one of those awesome historical romance stories that is incredibly hard to set down. The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree is full of danger, drama, intrigue, secrets, spies, romance, with large dose of royal scandal.What more could a girl ask for in a story. I can't think of a thing except a few more hours in the day so that I could have read this book even faster.

Arabella Carthright is a sweet, kind hearted young lady with a plate full of problems. Her father
Lisa
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bur-2015
What a wonderful read; strong, deep characters, twists and turns, intrigue, kidnapping, shootings and threats all beautifully interwoven with love, second chances and rescues.

Justin, the Duke of Dinnisfree has turned off his emotions and refuses to engage in society unless it is in the service of the king. A King he is finding it harder and harder to like, let alone respect. He has had no role models in his life for love and compassion, but is always rescuing and providing for those that are abu
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Justine Holleman Duke of Dinnisfree and Spy for Prinny King of England. The story takes place when Prinny was trying to divorce his wife Queen Caroline on charges of adultery. Well we know how that goes. Prinny is the one committing adultery and his letters to his mistress plus a beautiful emerald necklace belonging to the Queen have gone missing. Believed to be stolen. Justine is called in to find the letters and the necklace.

Arabella Carthright is a seamstress she gets caught up in the missin
Tina Hairston
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Arabella Carthright is desperate. With her father in a wheelchair and her mother in a respectable home for mental illness, the family financial situation rests in her hands. Dealt a severe blow, she doesn't know how she'll keep the roof over her and her father's head and her mother from being transferred to Bedlam until a kind gesture from a veritable stranger provides her with a rather undesirable but necessary solution to her problems. Unfortunately, not all is as straightforward as it seems b ...more
Trish R.
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read..

I wasn’t looking for anything all that good with this book but I really, really enjoyed it. I like stories where the hero is cold and unfeeling because of the way he was raised by a cold and ruthless father, THEN meets the heroine and slowly becomes confused over his feelings for her. And, all the while, having spies and traitorous members of the ton running amuck.

I liked Arabella and Justin a lot. One reviewer said it was too "depressing" for her, but even though I found it sad
Ruth
Shelves: arc
I was given an Arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A dangerous Duke indeed, Justin is not just a spy but he holds all his feelings inside. He is there for those who need him as long as he doesn't have to show any emotions. He will practically give you the shirt off his back, just as long as you don't thank him profusely. So what was he thinking when he met Arabella.? While he thinks she is a courtesan, and a novice at that, he thinks that he must protect her from herself, but littl
Dee Deacon Foster
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Julie Johnstone does it again!!! The twists & turns in the Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree will leave you completely amazed!
Doing whatever she can to keep her mother safe & out of Bedlam while caring for her invalid Father, Arabella relies on no one but herself & will attempt any means to do so. Due to circumstances beyond her control she is thrust into intrigue, royal secrets & the arms of the Duke of Dinnisfree.
Justin Holleman, the Duke of Dinnisfree learned at an early age t
Judy
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree by Julie Johnstone
A Whisper of Scandal Series Book Five
Arabella Carthright is doing all she can for her family. She has work to pay for her mother's care in the mental hospital and care for her disabled father. When things take a turn for the worst...she must decide how far she'll give of herself for her family.

Justin Holleman, the Duke of Dinnisfree is much more than just a duke. He is on a mission and as always, the mission is his only focus. The innocent beaut
Lily
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julie Johnstone continues to deliver in her wonderful new book in the Whisper of A Scandal series. It was such a fun book to read...the beguiling characters and captivating story kept me riveted. I loved how the plot became more intriguing and suspenseful as more facts were revealed. The romance was nicely developed and the two main characters had a passionate connection that was believable. There were some very humorous laugh out loud moments which really takes any historical romance to the nex ...more
Kimi Court
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun to read. Betrayal, mystery, and still a love story. You felt for the heroine, wanted to be her or step in to protect her. The decisions that were made, weather good or bad. It is a great book and so worth reading. You take the time for us to know everyone. Even the smallest of character I felt understanding for.

The story was perfect, plot spot on and I would recommend it to everyone. Really great book and fun to read.
Deb Diem
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Dangerous Duke Of Dinnisfree by Julie Johnstone is a fabulous read. This book is well written. Arabella and Justin's story is full of lovable characters, action, drama and spice. Ms Johnstone is quickly becoming one of my favorites in the historical romance section and I look forward to reading more from this talented author. The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree is book 5 in the A Whisper Of Scandal series but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Joan
This was a fun refreshing book, the characters were well developed and engaging right from the first page. The storyline moved at a great pace, lots of little details to make the story real, develope the characters and their back story.
I so enjoyed the fact that there was no whining by the main female. She was strong, knew her mind and was working to make her life and families better.
So enjoyable to read a book where the characters are nice!
Florencia
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved It! Two lonely souls afraid to love, to trust, and of getting hurt . Thrown together by fate, the two face danger, secrets , and a growing passion that they can no longer deny. It was hard to put this book down. Julie Johnstone creates a fascinating read that is surrounded with anticipation, that continues to build, leaving the reader spellbound. Happy reading!
Elaine
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love JJ writing style. It's so easy to read. I always find with JJ novels that they are enjoyable to read, as this one was. I finish them quite fast too. Loved the characters, some we have previously met in earlier books. Great storyline, quite intense at times, and I adore the spying element of the plot.

Kathleen
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite Julie Johnstone book. It is very well written. It captured my attention from the very beginning and held it constant all the way through. Arabella is a strong heroine and a perfect match for the mouthwatering but distant Justin.I highly recommend this book by an author who never disappoints, Julie Johnstone.
Bobbie Sue
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I truly enjoyed this story of finding love in the middle of intrigue and deception. It was a beautiful story with many twists and turns. I truly could not put the book down. I can guarantee you will love it as much as me if you give it a try.
Kathy Bunbury
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of intrigue

This story has quite a few plots and subplots going on. Initially you figure out the bad guys, but not their motivations. There is also a lot of historical political intrigue that underlies the story, which enhances it. Another good book from Ms. Johnstone.
Mary Larsen
Great 5th book in the series

I really liked this book. The main characters were great and the story was compelling. Miss Johnstone is one of the few authors that I read on a regular basis.

• Taming a Savage Gentleman (Taming the Heart, #5)
  • Pirate Heiress
  • When a Laird Finds a Lass (A Highland Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Conquering William (Sir Arthur's Legacy,  #3)
  • She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1)
  • A Spring Deception (Seasons #2)
  • Sapphire (Daughters of the Dagger, #2)
  • Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)
  • Obsession
  • Addicted to the Duke (Imperfect Lords, #1)
  • A Warrior's Pledge (Highland Bodyguards #3)
  • Ghost of the Highlands: Tales of the Isles - 1 (Highland Legends Book 6)
  • Deadly Peril (Alec Halsey Mystery, #3)
  • The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)
  • The Viscount's Blazing Love (Fire and Smoke #3)
  • Captain's Captive
  • A Sense of Sin (Dartmouth Brides, #2)
  • Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall (The Eyre Hall Trilogy, #2)
As a little girl I loved to create fantasy worlds and then give all my friends roles to play. Of course, I was always the heroine! Books have always been an escape for me and brought me so much pleasure, but it didn't occur to me that I could possibly be a writer for a living until I was in a career that was not my passion. One day, I decided I wanted to craft stories like the ones I loved, and wi ...more

Whisper of Scandal (5 books)
  • Bargaining With a Rake (Whisper of Scandal #1)
  • Conspiring with a Rogue (A Whisper Of Scandal #2)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Whisper of Scandal #3)
  • After Forever  (A Whisper of Scandal #4)