Start by marking “Cold Moon (Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cold Moon (Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)

Cold Moon

(The Huntress/FBI Thrillers #3)

Length: 10 hrs and 40 mins

The hunt for mass murderer Cara Lindstrom is over. FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke has been working for this moment: the capture of a killer who savagely hunts the worst of humanity. But Roarke remains traumatized by his own near-death at the hands of the serial killer who slaughtered Cara’s family…and haunted by the enigmatic woman who saved hi
Audible Audio
Published July 7th 2015 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Moon, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alexandra Sokoloff Thanks very much! I am writing Wolf Moon - I just took a week long tour in the Southwest to research it. This one may just kill me. I guess we'll see!…moreThanks very much! I am writing Wolf Moon - I just took a week long tour in the Southwest to research it. This one may just kill me. I guess we'll see! :)(less)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Let's get something out of the way. Alexandra Sokoloff writes a damn fine book. I thought her edge might wear off but she stays strong. This is the third book in her Huntress/FBI storyline and I can't decide which one of them I love the most.
She takes the time to research her writing, there is good flow with her words and her characters come to life. Bravo.
I'm done fangirling now... so about the book.

Cara Lindstorm has been arrested and suddenly the sixteen year old girl that was the prosecution
Christine
Wow. I am totally enthralled by this series. It is the perfect genre for me—police/FBI procedural with heavy psychological overlay. Though I have thoroughly enjoyed every book so far, Cold Moon is my favorite.

Each book of the series is set during the last week of the month with the full moon approaching; the stories are set, so far, a month apart. This is not a series to jump into at the middle. It needs to be read in order. In this installment, our antiheroine (female serial killer Cara Lindstr
S.M. West
4.5 It STARS

I anxiously waited for this third book in The Huntress/FBI Thrillers series and every agonizing moment was worth it!

This begins with Cara incarcerated after having saved Roarke's life, facing charges for at least one of the murders. And Special Agent Matthew Roarke finds himself even more in turmoil as he struggles with ensuring the charges against Cara stick or hoping the case will fall apart.

photo Cold Moon_zps4qbnbypm.jpg

This dark journey continues...

as we travel further into the deepest and darkest recesse
Sue
Cold Moon by talented author Alexandra Sokoloff, is Book III in the Thriller Award-nominated Huntress/FBI series. Cold Moon is the sequel to Blood Moon. These books keep getting better and better! I am hooked on this series! So good!

It is highly recommended that you read these books in sequence as the storyline continues on from where book one leaves off.

The novels in this FBI thriller series include:
Huntress Moon (Book 1) Published 2012
Blood Moon (Book2) Published 2013
Cold Moon. (Book3) Publish
Jean
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time for a reckoning.

This rallying cry kept echoing in my head as I turned page after page of Alexandra Sokoloff’s fiercely intense Cold Moon. Published in 2015, this, the third book in The Huntress/FBI Thrillers series, focuses on pervasive problem of young women, teens, even pre-teens, in the sex trafficking trade. Cara Lindstrom, the “Miracle Girl” who survived an attack by a vicious serial killer when she was five, has herself become a murderer and now finds herself in jail in San Francisc
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alexandra Sokoloff, Mystery/Thriller Fans
4 - 4.5 Yes, IT is All Around Us Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-I Cannot Contain Myself!
Entire Series ON SALE, each 99 CENTS !!!!

Do you believe there is an essence of evil... That this force lives whether there is a host or not...That this "IT" has a life of its own and will prevail... This is an idea which has been around forever...as long as we have experienced evil acts... and I do not think the idea or question will disappear.

In Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff, we are shown in great detail
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a fantastic addition to the series! This is a series that really needs to be read in order since each book builds on the events from the previous installments. I have really been enjoying myself over the past couple of months as I have been working my way through the series and I am happy to report that this book was just as good as I had hoped it would be.

Cara Lindstrom has been captured and is awaiting trial but her story
Alex ♈
Edit 6/10/2018: very interesting and poignant article by this author.
Respect to Alexandra for raising it!

worth reading and thinking about it!

The book was a bit lame till approx 40%, only after they freed Cara the story started to make sense to me.

Sorry, but I need to say it...
Agent Matthew Roarke - what a waste of.... of..... of FBI resources 🙄🙄🙄.
So many young and unnecessary victims, why not to sacrifice this 'highly professional' guy to save more lives?...

Can't stand him!
He is gorgeous, ok,
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Matt Roarke finally has Cara Lindstrom behind bars but he's extremely conflicted. Part of him knows it's where she belongs even if they might not have the evidence for all the murders they suspect are attributable to her. Then there's the part of him that is inexplicably drawn and connected to her. When other men turn up dead during her incarceration, Matt's suddenly faced with the prospect of multiple killers using the same modis operandi.

I'm so fascinated w
Phrynne
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a good series and I was very happy to read that there is going to be at least one more. This is essential because this particular book leaves a lot of things open and I really want to know what happens next. I love the main characters but cannot visualise how Roarke and Cara can ever be together. I hope the author has something really clever up her sleeve:) Anyway to talk about this book in particular - it us every bit as exciting as the previous two. Lots of blood and gore, suspect ...more
Angela DeSilva
That was fantastic! Can't wait for book four. This is a must-read series for crime/thriller/serial killer book fans. A definite five-star read!
Rosa, really

I think I did a disservice to this series by reading this third book 2 minutes after finishing the second book, Blood Moon. All the things that bothered me just stood out more when I spent 20 hours in their company. (If I'd waited another month before starting Cold Moon, it'd probably be three stars for entertainment value.)

For instance, I'm sick to fucking death of hearing about how gorgeous and perfect all the FBI agents are. Roarke, Epps, Singh. They're all super good looking and talented. I
♛ Garima ♛
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to ♛ Garima ♛ by: netalley
This is my 1st review and I really wanted to it to be good but I guess I started with wrong book.
First of all thanks to netalley for sending free copy in exchange of honest review so here it goes -

I didn't like it because too slow for my taste and could not understand why the novel is of 400+ pages and divided into 90+ chapters when it could be way shorter and could have described in 20 chapters.
When I started reading I though it is similar to 'The Hit' by David Baldacci and I really like that
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
I received this from the author via NetGalley for an honest review.

Wow what a ride! So many unexpected things. I really enjoyed reading this.
Janet
So, this is the third instalment of the Moon trilogy and for me was probably my least favourite.

Here we have a continuation of where the story left off from book two 2. Lindstrom is now incarcerated .... but for how long?!! And Special Agent Roarke who is drawn to her in a way that he shouldn't is caught up in a case involving child prostitution. Characters from previous books have carried through both protagonists and suspects, cleverly interweaving storylines. These books can be read as stand
"Avonna
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
The wait was sooooo worth it! Cold Moon is the third book in 'The Huntress/FBI' series. This book, besides continuing the characters' story lines, is about child abduction and prostitution that is a cancer on our society.

FBI Agent Roarke works with his team to solve the murder of pairs of johns and pimps that enslave and abuse children for profit. His continuing obsession for female serial killer, Cara Lindstrom once again has him questioning his ability to do his job and hoping the cases again
Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: COLD MOON by Alexandra Sokoloff
(Huntress/FBI Thrillers Series Book 3)

COLD MOON is the third in this trilogy, and as such, is the summit. Building on all the processes that commenced in HUNTRESS MOON, and intensified in BLOOD MOON, all becomes "meta" in COLD MOON:
Metaphorical, metaphysical, meta-viral. Remember the "Anonymous" viral wave? Something of the same type occurs here, with much different rationale and consequences, focused on "Santa Muerte."

I would love for this trilogy to conti
Nate
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This might have been my favorite of the trilogy. Alexandra Sokoloff's writing continues to get better over time. The writing was tight, descriptive, and almost invisible as the plot unspooled with page-turning explosiveness. I really love these characters and the more rational take on serial murders and crimes against women. Such a viewpoint has long been missing from mystery/thriller/horror fiction, and I must say it's about time.
Liz Barnsley
Words really can't express how much I'm enjoying this series - seriously addictive, most terrific storytelling and a real dark side that appeals.

So this is the third novel to feature the serial killer who isn't, Cara Lindstrom and her befuddled would be captor Agent Roarke. In this instalment Cara is in jail but of course this is Cara we are talking about so how long she is likely to be there remains to be seen. Roarke meanwhile still fights his inner demons and considers crossing some more line
Sherry Fundin
After reading Blood Moon, Book II, by Alexandra Sokoloff, there was no way I could stop. I kept on reading through Cold Moon and Bitter Moon. Now I see we have Hunger Moon, which would be Book V, and I will jump through hoops to get my hands on it.

The moon talks to Cara. Does it talk to you? What does it say?

We begin with Roarke’s nightmare, waking him. Cara…

She faces her own terror in the night, but vows IT will never take her.

“Fair as the moon and cold as ice.”

Roark’s team functions like a wel
Monica Mac
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I swear, the books in this series are getting more gripping and amazing as they go!

Roarke and Epps are knee deep in corpses - but who is responsible for them; Cara, Jade or someone else entirely? They seem to be chasing their tails quite a bit throughout this book and poor Roarke finds his heart torn into a million pieces by the case(s), and by the women involved, both victims and perpetrators. My heart broke over and over whilst reading about the girls in this book, it speaks to the skill of th
Terry  (TBC)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3. Loved it.
I’m really enjoying this series and if you want a book series to get your teeth into and watch it build, this is it!
They could be read alone, but why? It’s a great series and to start at 1 & follow through the full story, it just grips & pulls you in. I love a book that pulls you in.
Roarke is a great character, a female serial killer too!
It’s just got the lot

Enjoy!
Albert
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff brings to a conclusion the trilogy that includes Huntress Moon and Blood Moon. The trilogy chronicles the hunt and capture of serial killer, Cara Lindstrom. Mass Murderer Cara Lindstrom is captured and imprisoned. But the murders she committed seem to have taken on a life their own now.

The capture of Cara Lindstrom did not end the case for FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke. His unhealthy obsession with Cara has jeopardized his career and personal life. He begins t
Pat
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a huge bunch of books that I've read and not reviewed because, well, sometimes it just happens and then its so hard to catch up. So my new philosophy is to mainly just give a star rating to those in the ancient history category and stay up to date from now on. A laudable goal that I'm sure will falter at some point.

I really enjoyed this whole series. Thanks for so heartily recommending it Christine.
Arkgirl
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent read in this series and not only do we explore more of the minds/thoughts of Cara Lindstrom and Matt Roarke but we also see more depth added to some of the others; I particularly enjoyed the fact that FBI agent Singh had a bigger role and it was good to see other aspects thrown into the mix.
This is a pacy read with interesting and conflicted characters that really builds on the story lines from the first two books and I am delighted there will be more. I don't want to say much
Mo
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series .. it just keeps getting better and better . A female vigilante and a cop drawn together ., what’s not to love . Can’t wait to read instalment 4 . Thanks to tbc reviewers for my copy
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Mystery
*Rating* 4

*My Thoughts*

Cold Moon is the third installment in author Alexandra Sokoloff's The Huntress/FBI Thrillers series. As the story picks up, FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke is suffering from the after effects of his battle against the Reaper and the fact that the woman he was supposed to hunt down and arrest, Cara Lindstrom, saved his life. Cara has become a cult hero now that she has been apprehended and faces a trial for the murder of a john. She is a di
Loraine Holland
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! This third book does not disappoint either. As the search for Cara continues the case Roarke is investigating gets more and more complicated . Will his team figure it out before it's too late? Will Roarke be able to do his job or will his emotions get the better of him?
I raced through this book as I wanted to know and have answers to many questions, but at the same time I did not want it to end. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Pamela
Boundless Book Reviews
I don’t even know where to begin to write this review.  First off, I love this series.  These books and the overall story line of Roarke and his struggle to bring in Cara has been riveting.  Now that she is behind bars he is plagued with guilt.  She saved him and how can he condemn someone who takes out the worst in society?  The ones that the justice system lets fall through the cracks, the ones who prey on the weak.

But nothing is ever simple with Cara, while she is awaiting pre-trail a Pimp i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
What's the Name o...: Female Vigilantes 5 28 Aug 07, 2015 02:36PM

• Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Once a Charmer (Charmed in Texas, #3)
  • Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
  • Taking a Chance (Restoration, #3)
  • Tap Out (Worth the Fight, #2)
  • Quiet Love
I'm the Thriller Award-winning and Bram Stoker and Anthony Award-nominated author of the bestselling Huntress/FBI Thrillers: Huntress Moon, Blood Moon, Cold Moon. Bitter Moon, Hunger Moon, the supernatural thrillers The Harrowing, The Price, Book of Shadows, The Unseen, The Space Between. The New York Times Book Review has called me "a daughter of Mary Shelley" and my novels "some of the most orig ...more

The Huntress/FBI Thrillers (6 books)
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
  • Bitter Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #4)
  • Hunger Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #5)
  • Shadow Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #6)
“She concentrates on the road, on the bleak winter light over the pale grass on gently rolling hills.” 1 likes
“Fair as the moon and cold as ice. Cara. He held her until he slept.” 1 likes