Start by marking “Somewhere in Between (Madison Square #1)” as Want to Read:
Somewhere in Between (Madison Square #1)

Somewhere in Between

(Madison Square #1)

Alexandra McCabe​​ is disconnected from the world, grieving the loss of her parents...

Content with studying and keeping to herself, Alex has no interest in the campus playboy, Drew Collins, trying to get close to her. But even dousing him with beer doesn't deter the easy-going charmer, and against her better judgment, the pair fall into a reluctant friendship.

Drew is bored
Published November 10th 2015 by Limitless Publishing (first published October 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Somewhere in Between, please sign up.
Samatha Harris While I understand why you would want to avoid this I don't think it is the case in somewhere in between. While the MCs do have some moments with othe…moreWhile I understand why you would want to avoid this I don't think it is the case in somewhere in between. While the MCs do have some moments with other people it not while they are together so no cheating. (less)

Start your review of Somewhere in Between (Madison Square #1)
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Yes, yes, yes! When I want a contemporary romance, without OD'ing on angst, *this* is what I want.

Alex and Drew meet in college and despite a rocky start (she pours a beer over his head at a party) they become friends. Best friends. For Drew, Alex (he calls her Red) is the first woman he's ever really developed a relationship with. For Alex, Drew fills a void - he's friend and family rolled into one. Over the years, both have feelings that go well beyond friendship, but neither is willing to ch
Hanne
Drew and Alex are college students. They meet each other at a party at Drew’s apartment. Drew is attracted to Alex and he tries to charm her, but he fails. He soon discovers that Alex is the roommate of his roommate’s girlfriend. Alex and Drew turn to each other when they need to escape their roommate. They become best friends and they are always there for each other.

Drew and Alex are still best friends six years later. They live close to each other and do many things together. Drew fell already
Coco.V
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/24/2017)! 💝
Danielle's
Drew is the typical college player. He likes his girls easy on the eye and quick into the bedroom. His roommate is in a committed relationship. His girlfriend introduces Drew to Alex.

Alex isn't interested in becoming another notch on Drew's bed post. In fact, she's reluctant to get to know him at all, but he isn't giving up that easily. Drew becomes the family Alex desperately needs. After 6 years of friendship, she begins to notice Drew as more than her best friend but the risk is big. If it d
Melyssa Winchester

Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: ★★★★★

Review

description

I’m a sucker for a good best friends to lover’s romance and this one has that. So even though I didn’t have experience with this author before, I had no issue diving right in and I thoroughly enjoyed what took place once I did.

Alex (Red) and Drew are friends. They don’t start out that way of course, but after one of the funniest but probably most awkward firs
Lustful Literature
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

I find this hard to believe this is Samantha Harris’ debut novel, why you ask? Somewhere in Between is a beautifully written novel that does not encompass sex, instant love or cheating. Somewhere in Between has some tension, misunderstandings, laugh out loud moments and moments brought tears to my eyes. It left me chomping off at the bit. OMG you guys, this book is just so good. I really enjoyed this and loved the brilliant way these duo POV’s were written. It’s not li
Tina Morgan
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this book actually spans the time of 6 years. And has dual pov's which is my favorite type of books. And I was so entranced with how the author set it up and brought it together that I finished the book it one sitting. It gives you backstory on both characters as well as where they are now. There is spots where you will cry and I did have to wipe my cheeks of a couple of times but it's not real angsty just enough. The secondary characters are some characters in themselves and I'm so glad that ...more
Christina Rhoads
Could NOT Put Down!

I "met" Samantha Harris at a Facebook event and immediately fell in love with the teasers and blurb for her Madison Square Series. I knew they were just what I needed in my life and as soon as finished the book I was currently reading I downloaded this from Kindle Unlimited. Every spare moment I had, even sneaking in a few pages when I was supposed to be doing other things, I soaked up Drew and Red's love. This book was so beautifully written, and it elicited so many feelings
Cassie C
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to come!

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

I am blown away by this novel from debut author Samatha Harris! This story truly swept me away, and had me hooked from the very first chapter. I never wanted to stop reading...in fact, I finished this in one sitting! It's that good! Every single thing about this book was perfect and the story read like a seasoned author who has written countless novels before this. Every character is so well developed and the
Julie Reveles (Juls ~ ILST BLOG)
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

*** On behalf of I Love Story Time, reviewed by Juls ***

"When you fall in love, never stop fighting to be the man that she deserves. Always remember that you, my friend, don’t deserve her.”

The quote I just posted above is by far my favorite quote in this story. I believe that the meaning behind it is the best advice a mom or dad can give their sons/daughters. I liked that throughout the story, it was constantly said by Papa Jack. Papa Jack was a great dad and I liked his little bar as well.

I
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
review to come!/
But seriously, this book was incredible too!! can't wait to share the review!
Jessica Calla
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't wait for these two to get together! I loved the progression of their relationship from college to after, friends to more. Looking forward to reading the other books in the series! ...more
Carrie K-Ski
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is one of the most gripping best friends to lovers stories I've ever read. Filled with tension, friendship, chemistry, drama, family, lots of emotion, sexy times, and a hard journey to a well-deserved HEA!

I felt so many emotions reading this story and even cried. The authors did such a fantastic job bringing life to these characters. This book was free and I voluntarily chose to leave an honest review.
Catarina Swartz
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Somewhere in between is a love story with a twist. It spans six years. This book has a now and then per chapter.

Drew is a man whore in college and gets all the girls he wants until he meets Alex or who he affectionately calls Red. Alex is strong independent and isn't going to be a notch on any bodies bed post especially Drew’s.

What starts out as a game of cat and mouse turns into a long friendship and these to become the best of friends no strings attached. Until one night when Drew Kisses Alex
Kristin  Reads
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. This book was a book I could not put down. There are so many things I enjoyed. I love love love the Friendship to Love Stories. I love the Then and Now, it fills up the gaps and leaves me completely complete about the story. I loved the feeling I had reading this book.

Alex..She is so stubborn. For most but not all of the book I really wanted to throw my kindle at her. But as a reader I had to be patient and let her work out her issues. But that is what I love that a s
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was one of the better best friends to lover stories I have read recently. It stands out from a lot of other books in the way Samantha used the dual POV’s. Drew POV was used to tell the past and Alex’s the present story. Even though this is an interesting idea I would have liked some of the other POV in each period- especially a few chapters from Alex’s POV in the present. There were a lot of great things about this story. The character development was amazing- including all the side charact ...more
Haley Allison
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was caught "Somewhere In Between" 4 and 5 stars for this book. In the end, I rated it as "amazing" just because of the feels it gave me. Talk about tension and the edge of your seat! I was guilty of skipping to the Alex/Drew scenes just because I wanted to read them so much.

Bits of the story were a little predictable/cliche, but there were parts that definitely were a surprise. I laughed my ass off at so many places throughout the book. The friendship between the two MCs was so adorable: the w
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I couldn't put this book down. The story of Alex aka. Red and Drew. Their friendship and feelings for each other are frustrating but beautiful. The story goes from college to life after college. Through tragedy and happy times ... sob.
Their friendship means the world to both of them, so much so that they won't tell each other how they feel for fear that it will ruin everything if they mess up.
I did get confused at times with the back and forth of the timelines, but I loved the progression of the
Nancy Metsch
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I have read this year!
They say the best relationships start as best friends. Drew was a huge player. If there was a short skirt in his radar, Drew chased it. That was until e met Alex. Sure he still chased skirts, but that was because he was working through his frustrations.
Alex was a little bit sassy a little bit sweet girl that caught the players eye. Yes she attracted a few guys, but all she wanted was Drew.....I truly loved all the charterers, although my fa
Carissa Lynch
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah! This was such a great read! My favorite part was Alex. I found her to be so funny and relatable. But all of the characters were awesome. The writing is clear but clever, the story classic in some ways but so unique in others. Anytime a book makes me literally laugh out loud right from the start, I know I'm in for a treat. And the tension...ahhhh I felt the tension. And loved it! I'm excited to check out what Harris writes next! Easily a 5 star read. ...more
Kaylee Ryan
A love a good friends to lovers story and Harris does not disappoint. A must read.
Đurđica Sarjanović
This was obvious but very fun to read. I like stories like these, they're relaxing :) ...more
Danielle Pullen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did I wait!

This book has been sitting on my kindle for a long time and I finally read it. I regret waiting! I loved Drew and Alex. They are amazing together. I loved the dual POV with the past and present time lines. The author wrote that beautifully! Can not wait to finish the series!
Ely Wick
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing. i couldn’t get enough. :D
samatha harris is a phenomenal author... witty. smart. and oh so funny. and has a way with hitting you in the feels. she has a way of letting u fall in love with the characters and too see each of their perspectives. and to root for them as their story plays out. <3
i couldn’t recommend this book more...

i especially love wily <3 lol
give me a weird quirky artist best friend type. and im yours forever <3 ^_^
Lynne Garlick
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love finding new to me authors and this is no exception. This author and series was recommended to me by a friend and I dove straight in with no expectations.
Wow! What I got was a beautifully funny story of friendship, family and unrequited love. Alex (Red) and Drew meet at a party.....she pours beer over his head and isn't the typical sorority sister that throws herself at him......an unlikely friendship is forged and over the years, built on.......but things are about to change......
My heart
Mignon Mykel
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.
Original, full posting can be found at mignon mykel : reviews .

Note: I tried to make this a little review... I just had so much to say!

I don't typically like stories that flip-flop time in the meat of the story -- for me, either do the past at the beginning, or do a few flashbacks here and there. I tend to become annoyed with the constant back and forth.

But Samantha Harris found a way that worked -- at least, it worked for me.

This
Tina
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book about best friends falling in love is always a winner for me. There is something about two people who have history and a stable foundation that fall in love that makes a story richer and more beautiful! Samantha Harris' debut novel Somewhere in Between hits all the sweet spots. It is funny, flirty, deep, and passionate. There is a spark between these two main characters and watching it grow to consume who they are is brilliant.

In this story we get both the past and present told in separat
Charlotte Lynn
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
How can an entire book be about two people working from friendship to a relationship? I was worried that the story would get repetitive and I would get bored. This was not the case. There were parts that I passed over paragraphs just to get to the Alex and Drew scenes. Their story is so amazing.
Drew is a hero. He put his playboy ways to the side to be the friend and family that Alex truly needed while in college. Of course, he wanted more. Not always a relationship but a good time. Yet, he was
Rae Sontheyon
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Friends Maybe Too Close To Be More. . .

This story was frustratingly fun, sweet and a bit steamy thanks to best friends trying to keep their relationship in tack while fighting the hope and attraction for more. The story was told in present and past form tying together the couples perspectives on their relationship and feelings. From the beginning to cute end you are rooting for them to get their lives in order and feelings out in the open so they can get their HEA.

Drew Collins was always t
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
  • On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Forgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1)
  • Marriage for One
  • The Unrequited
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Trouble with the Guy Next Door (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • The Protector: The Complete C.I.A. Romance Series
  • Pretend You're Mine (Inked Hearts, #3)
  • The Piper: The Eleventh Day (The 12 Days of Christmas Mail-Order Brides, #11)
  • Medicine Man
  • Rule Play (Saints of Love #1)
  • The Best Friend Bargain (Inked Love, #1)
  • Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)
  • The Lovesick Cure (Tales from Marrying Stone, #3)
  • Staying Grounded (Rocky Harbor #1)
Samatha “Sam” Harris lives near Baltimore, Maryland with her husband David and daughter Ava. Born in Florida, she migrated north which most people agree was a little backwards. She has been an artist all of her life, a Tattoo Artist for more than ten years, and a storyteller since she was a kid.
Sam has a slightly unhealthy love for Frank Sinatra, classic movies, and Jazz and Blues music, but her

Madison Square (3 books)
  • Choosing Happy (Madison Square #2)
  • Chance at Redemption (Madison Square #3)