Start by marking “Der kupferne Handschuh (Magisterium, #2)” as Want to Read:
Der kupferne Handschuh (Magisterium, #2)

Der kupferne Handschuh

(Magisterium #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  24,324 ratings  ·  2,290 reviews
Callum hat die erste Pforte durchschritten: Jetzt kann ihm niemand mehr seine Zauberkräfte nehmen. Das zweite Schuljahr steht an, doch schon wieder liegt das größte Abenteuer für Call außerhalb des Magisteriums. Er muss herausfinden, welche Rolle sein Vater Alastair bei all dem gespielt hat, was kurz nach Calls Geburt beim Eismassaker passiert ist. Kann es sein, dass ...more
Audio CD, gekürzte Lesung
Published October 8th 2015 by Lübbe Audio (first published September 1st 2015)

·  24,324 ratings  ·  2,290 reviews

Start your review of Der kupferne Handschuh (Magisterium, #2)
Rick Riordan
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this, and I can assure you this sequel is even stronger than The Iron Trial. It’s hard to review without giving spoilers for the first book, but let’s just say Callum Hunt has a lot to think about. Some of the things he’s found out about himself, his family and the Magisterium have left him reeling. Even the companionship of his new “pet” wolf Havoc (a fabulous character) can’t console him as he prepares for his second year at the Magisterium. Call’s ...more
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This wasn't the EPIC sequel I wanted it to be necessarily, but I can see the seeds it's planting and I can't wait to see how things evolve in the next few books.
Emma Giordano
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
4 Stars! I really enjoyed this sequel, I liked it better than book one!

I think back in 2015 when I first read The Iron Trial , I was a very immature reader and I didn’t allow myself to fully engage with a non-Shadowhunters books from Cassie Clare. Obviously, these works are very different in every way and both good for their own reasons!

The Copper Gauntlet pulled me in from the very beginning! It was easy to jump back into this world with these characters even though it’s been 2 years since I
Lola
3.5 stars.

Of course, this is no ‘‘The Mortal Instruments.’’ It doesn’t even compare. It’s not even some middle grade version of it with some elements changed. Not at all.

So it’s no wonder that, even though I do adore Cassandra Clare, I’m not exactly in love with this series. To tell you the truth, I did not enjoy the first book exactly, because of all the similarities to Harry Potter.

But this sequel helped the series redeem itself to me. I liked the mix of fantasy/magic and mystery. Callum
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.75 Golden Stars

ladies & gentlemen!
I introduce to you,
my first 5 stars of 2019!
*drum rolls*
the Copper Gauntlet!
& 6th best pf 2019

I KNEW IT!
I WAS WAITING FOR IT!
YESSSSS!

What a journey! from the first to the last! (page)
Glorious!
it was even better than the first book! (which is about a year I read that, but didn't felt the best mood to start the second book till now!)

but now I officially have a bookish fetish for these books! I fangirling & the series ascended to my top 10
LENA TRAK
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, children-s
Hmmm this is getting more interesting! I can't wait to pick up the next!!!
★MC's Corner★
5 stars!!!

description

“The end is closer than you think, Makar.” –Warren

Yeah!
Cassandra Clare and Holly Black did not disappoint!

5 STARS B****es! SO GOOD! I LOVE IT!

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.

• The Copper Gauntlet is more adventurous than The Iron Trial. I liked that they went outside the Magisterium. (I know it’s against the rules.) I also this one is more fun.

• My only gripe on this book is that it’s too short… I mean much as I love it, I kinda wanted. I waited a year. Duh!

• I wish there’s more of
Emma
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic
You don’t need adult fiction, nor YA fiction when a middle grade story such as this is around. Absolutely excellent. Clare and Black certainly believe in keeping the action coming. I thought the events in this book would be the culmination of the series so I’m excited to see where the series goes next.
Thibaut Nicodème
Nov 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snark
Chapter-by-chapter review on my blog, the Snark Theater.

Okay. This book just managed to disappoint me, which is pretty impressive considering that 1) I had zero expectations going in and 2) it actually does improve on its predecessor on some levels. Well, one level.

That being the book's plot. We have a focused plot, which is actually driving the events happening in the book from almost the entirety of it! Sure, there is a moment in the middle where things kind of stagnate, but as a whole, the
ambsreads
This review can also be found on my blog

R A M B L E

Wow, what a book. I was sucked in almost instantly. The beginning for this was such a bigger bang than the first book. There were flat parts, but since it is only an incredibly short novel I was completelyenthralled and involved with the world.

The Copper Gauntletdefinitely displays a different kind of story to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson (sorry for the comparison), it definitely strays completely away from the belief that this series is in
Alexa ❤️
5 Stars

The Copper Gauntlet may have been short but it was jam packed full of action and mystery that wouldn't let me put this book down.

The Magisterium series definitely has a Harry Potter feel to it in that's there's a magical school, three main good characters, a chosen one and an evil being. But it has so many differences that make it stand apart in a good way!

Havok has to be my favourite character - I want him as a pet!

Jasper has proved he's not an ass and I even like his character now.
Sarah Churchill
I seem to be in the minority here, but I really struggled with this one. I found it incredibly slow, it only really got going from page 200 onwards and I have a strong dislike for the main character Call.

To he honest I wish the series had been written from Tamara's perspective. That way we could have the complexities of the relationships, her feelings (or not) for Aaron and her doubts/loyalty to Call, as well as her family and the intricaties of the Assembly and mage world. From Call's
Michael
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Yeah, sure the Harry Potter vibes are there, but I still think this is a solid middle grade series. My only complaint would be that these two badass authors know how to really make sh*t go down, so I'd like maybe a little more action.

Other than that, I'm digging the series. The concept is great and the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" magic system is hella cool. Magic has been done a million times over in a million different ways and yet they make it seem fresh and new to me.

Also, I would like to
Alexandra
Before reading:
I absolutely need this book in my possession. I am in love with this series! ;)
Update: Oh my! What a intriguing cover! It makes me wonder if this one is going to be dark! Dark and fanciful!

After reading: (may contain spoilers, you have been warned)

So let's start at the beginning. When I opened this book I was thrilled. I am in love with this middle-grade series. The Copper Gauntlet started off very dark. Callum had a very difficult situation he had to run away from (literally).
Ryan
FEB 3 - THE COVER WAS REVEALED YESTERDAY AND IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL *grabby hands*. I MUST HAVE IT NOW.

description
C. Maria
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was ok. I liked it, but it didn't surprised me in any way. There were no wow moments or something that kept me on the edge of my seat. I still liked it and I will continue with the series.

People say it gives some Harry Potter vibes and it does but I don't mind them, but all in all it's a great story as it is I still feel that sometimes it need some more action and moments that make your heart skip a beat, but I will see were the story leads and how things develop. The series it's
Leona  Carstairs
4.5 stars. Damn, this series is amazing. It's not perfect and it's not flawless but it sure is enjoyable and that's ultimately what books should be. I'm not sure if I liked this one better than The Iron Trial and honestly, it doesn't really matter, as they are both excellent. One of the best Middle Grade series in my opinion and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys magic, fast paced stories, and great characters. ...more
Carrie
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Copper Gauntlet is the second book in the Magisterium series. We rejoin Call as he is on the summer break from the Magisterium where he had just completed his first year of study of magic known as the Iron year and is soon to return for his Copper year. Unfortunately Call's father seems to have some shady plans set for Call and doesn't want him to return forcing Call to run away.

The authors do a wonderful job of quickly catching the reader up with the story and what had happened in the
Alison♊⚜️✨(semi-hiatus)
Okay, compared to the first book, I can actually talk about my thoughts about this book a bit (but not not much so technically this can be regarded as a personal note more than a review)
Back to the book...
It started out kind of slow (for me) in my opinion and only the main, important events happened around 85/90% (with only a couple of events being interesting beforehand).
The ending was more cliffhanger-ish than the first book so I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd book (and seeing more of
Justine

My kids loved this second installment, and I really enjoyed it too! Things definitely heated up and got more complicated. I love the friendship between Call, Tamara, and Aaron, and have a feeling that it is going to be heavily tested in the books to come.
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
The Magisterium series had drawn similarities to the Harry Potter series, a boarding school for magicians slash mages who are fighting against the evil of the world, but with enough differences to stand on it's own merits. Both The Iron Trial and The Copper Gauntlet are fantastic middle grade reads that explore a boarding school for teens known as the Magisterium, where children with magical abilities are chosen to hone their skills as mages, training for
Pinky
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently participating in Cram-a-Thon because it is the best excuse to read as much as possible. This is one of the short books that I planned on reading. And I am so glad that I read this book, it was really good.

“Fancy meeting you here”

This book is about a boy named Callum Hunt whose father always made him avoid magic. Anything to do with magic was something forbidden. When there was an Iron Trial that took place, many students were desperate to pass in order to get into the
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
What can I say. This was as good, if not better, than the first book! ...more
Kathryn Ford
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Well, that was a disappointment. In my review of the Iron Trial, I said that I hoped the second book would be better. Unfortunately it wasn't, it was actually worse, and that is seriously disappointing. This book was just one big illogical emotionless smushed together story. If this is meant to be the modern Harry Potter, it is failing.
Danny
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun quick read, again hard to not make HP comparisons throughout the book.

I'd say this one was pretty on par with the first book. It didn't expand a lot of the world, or the magic system like I hoped it would have.
there was some nice character development in this world, and again great reveals at the end of the book.

Im definitely curious to see how the series will continue!
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
There are still so many HP parallels, but I think the series is also taking on a more Percy Jackson feel because of the whole 'quest' thing.
Roberta Jayne
I must try to remember that this was a middle grade book. And I did try to remind myself this countless times while reading it but, you know what, I don't care what age group this book was written for. It's ridiculous and instead of spending time reading it, you should just go and re-read Harry Potter instead.

I can't even compare this series to Harry Potter any more because J K Rowling wrote in a much more sophisticated and adult way than Clare and Black do in The Copper Gauntlet. It's
Rebekah
I think this one narrowly missed the infamous second-book-slump. It lacks that wonderful twist from the first book, of course. It also feels like the story arc too closely mirrors that of the first book (and also Harry Potter). In essence, something happens at home, they go to school for a while, and then something bigger happens when they should be in school and then it is the end.

But like I said, it narrowly missed that dreaded slump. Callum wrestles with the concepts of good and evil, and
Joana
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-english
I love how this series is progressing!! I still think it happens all to fast and with little details. Some gaps, but this story has so much potential!

I don't know what to expect of Holly Black (never read any of her books) but knowing Cassandra's writing I'm expecting this series to turn out mind blowing, and heartbreaking amazing at some point.

I hope I won't get disappointed.

I'm still a bit torn about the characters. My favorite is Aaron for sure but the others... I'm not really
Kahleia Corpuz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very great second book in a series! It was just as action-packed as the first and it definitely was shorter. There was a long gasp from me at the end of this book. Just when I thought everything was going to be fine...for the most part, that really surprised me. Overall, 5 out of 5 stars.
Addicted to YA: The Copper Gauntlet 9 60 Feb 25, 2019 09:38AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Book Cover 4 18 Jan 02, 2019 10:26AM
Magisterium: NO (major) SPOILERS TCG discussion 44 32 Nov 05, 2018 09:59AM
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: The Copper Gauntlet 1 39 Nov 02, 2018 06:54AM

• Magisterium 01 Der Weg ins Labyrinth: Der Weg ins Labyrinth .
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
  • The Bane Chronicles
  • Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
  • Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)
  • The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • Magisterium-Serie (Reihe in 5 Bänden)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones,The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

Magisterium (5 books)
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)
  • The Bronze Key (Magisterium,  #3)
  • The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4)
  • The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)
“I don’t know,” Call said. He was starting to worry that there weren’t any good guys. Just people with longer or shorter Evil Overlord lists.” 35 likes
“Don’t kill her! Only maim her a little!” 27 likes