Start by marking “Hustle (The Hunted Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Hustle (The Hunted Hearts #1)

Hustle (The Hunted Hearts #1)

RULE#1: DON'T STEAL HIS HEART.
After ripping off a dangerous mob boss, Ellie Phillips decides it’s time to quit hustling and give up her life of crime. She just needs a big score. Then she can give up the grift and start anew.

When she steals a map from Jacob Hawkins that shows the location of a huge heart-shaped diamond, she decides it’s time to go treasure hunting. It’s
Published August 27th 2015 by Ragz Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hustle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hustle

Start your review of Hustle (The Hunted Hearts #1)
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
It was okay. I wanted more. I didn't connect with any of the characters. The story had promise. I mean a heist gone wrong that turn into finding lost treasure, should've been a page turner. Unfortunately, she didn't dig deep for these characters background. I didn't know what to make of Jacob. Ellie came off as quite immature and a horrible burgler. From the beginning of the book she just f ish up...smh.
Alida Arabelle
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gripping, romance
Can i just say that i loved the books genre.. The crime romance just got me so in love with the book. I have to say I really enjoyed the hustle and hawk chemistry. Ellie and Jacob were sooo cute . Loved them.

I honestly liked and enjoyed the book. Cant wait for Hacker. That books got me soo excited. Lara is really one of my fav characters already. Looking for ward for the next book....
talia ballard
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow. It was AWESOME!!! It was genius to make Ellie fall in love with the enemy! The treasure hunt, hidden secrets, heart breaking romance, its amazing!! It was cool to see it from Ellie and Jacobs point of view, because it made total,mind blowing, scence! It was so fun to read and had amazing comedy! EVERYONE LISTEN UP AND GET THIS!!!!
Diana Stone
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
In general, I enjoyed the book as it has good action. I don't care for all the internal dialog, since it pulls from the flow. Later on, the heroine fails to have the sense that she seemed to have earlier in the book. I'm one who gives stars based on good flow and action. It has that. I can be forgiving of other things.
Thomas
Aug 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
What I did read of it was well written. I stopped when it got to the gratuitous profanity.
I realize that most people don't care. I do. If there's not a reason for it, don't use it.

Woody
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining pleasent read
Good plot,plenty of action, pleasent romance. The story flows along smoothly.My only gripe is it's a bit short. But I will be buying the next book of this series.
Barbara Hackel
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the prequel (Heist) but was a little disappointed when Ellie's father was killed before the start of this book. I was expecting a smoother con and more of a team effort. Much to my surprise, Ellie has struck out on her own with backup from her friend/brother Jimmy, and is working for one of the biggest and nastiest men in the business. While on a recovery mission for him, she accidentally breaks the artifact she is supposed to be stealing. When she discovers a treasure map hidden ...more
Quinesia Johnson
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved, and disliked this book in many different ways. To be concise (and a bit awkward) this book was like Hamburger Helper in many ways. It was meaty, hearty, and rich but not exactly the finest of meals. It's satisfying in its somewhat generic guilty pleasure way, but you've had way better foods, and you'll have way better again. Inferior, yet not unsatisfactory, but still satisfying. Inferior: many cliché aspects, and overexplicated areas. Satisfactory: good (not great) characters and ...more
Harlie Sumner
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read it in one go! The love/hate between the main character was cute and entertaining but the magnetism they both faced reminded me a bit too much of the attraction between mates in werewolf romance novels. The sarcasm from her and the slight tantrums from add bit of spice and general humor. The character t-shirts was a cute add. I found it an good read it had me wanting more and whenever I wasn't sure it sparked back up with some drama and sassy comments between the two. There is great detail ...more
Sherry Vaughan
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie and Jacob go together like oil and water. Truth be told , they get on each other's last nerve. And yet, with all that tension, they fall in love. They are both after the same thing, a fabulous heart shaped diamond. They don't know that their fathers had teamed to find it and she doesn't know that Jacob blames her father for his father's disappearance. Throw in a big mob boss gunning for it, and wanting her dead, and you have the makings for a real treat. Enjoy this book, I know I did. I ...more
Ted Tayler
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Gives you a warm feeling"

Good story line, plenty of action and the main characters were an interesting match in the romance department. The only thing that held me back from awarding a rare fifth star was that maybe there were a couple too many 'spats' when we KNEW the sparks were eventually going to fly. This prolonged the wait unnecessarily. Excellent for that holiday in the sun.
Diane Gilman
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lines billing drama I really love the book is very serious and very loving and very fun to read

I guess this one of five because sacculus acapnia hooked on it too late had to finish the book and I really enjoyed it it was really loving book and I can't wait to read another one by her by them thank you
Amber Lindley
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun adventure full of twists and turns and a romance that will keep you hooked, Hustle is a book that will appeal to the treasure seeker in you. Ellie is a heroine to root for and I loved reading about the mysteries that she and Jacob uncovered. If you like adventure romance with a hint of mystery and plenty of funny moments, this book is for you!
Carly McPherson
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay read

I must admit that I didn't finish this book. The love story was too dramatic and over the top for my liking. Storyline itself is okay and kept me going for a while. If you like cliche love stories you might enjoy it.
Wendy Dye
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this book on a whim and I am beyond thrilled. It was very entertaining with all types of genre. It was adventurous with a side of danger and mystery wrapped up with romance. I loved the cat and mouse game between Ellie and Jacob!!
Regina
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it
A fun and entertaining story.

I couldn't relate to the main characters much, though, and I found myself skipping some passages.
Instead, I'd liked to have read more about Bill and how he took on Meyer's mercs. Ah, well. :)
Cassie
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of silliness and an unbelievable bad~guy, but I really enjoyed this.
The ending was a bit too quick and tidy for my liking. Almost as though the author had decided that she was only going to write a certain amount of words and would wrap it all up as quickly as possible once she hit them.
Gayle Kee
Characters in books just don't say and do what the reader tells them to do.
Sadie Mazzola
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet!

Love, adventure, mystery. A girl is searching for a long lost treasure. The man who she stole from, is following her. Together they find more.
Beebee
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, hard to put down.
Zoë Hughes
Jun 01, 2015
Kate Carley
Jan 25, 2016
Lauren
rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2016

• Cold Press (Anna Burgin, #1)
  • Mountain of Lies (The Pack Book 1)
  • Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #1)
  • The Note (Eddie Collins, #3.5)
  • A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1)
  • Catchee Monkey (Rex & Eddie Mysteries #1)
  • Light Parade (Detective Lottie King Mystery Short Stories #3.5)
  • Relentless (Burton & Kazmaroff Mysteries #1)
  • Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer (Nightmares, #1)
  • Shaded Light: The Case of the Tactless Trophy Wife (Paul Manziuk & Jacquie Ryan Mysteries #1)
  • Losing Your Head (The Charlie Davies Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder in the South of France (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #1)
  • Meet Clara Andrews (Clara Andrews, #1)
  • Licensed to Thrill: Volume 2 (Jess Kimball Thriller #0.5-1)
  • Frosted Shadow (Toni Diamond Mysteries #1)
  • Girl in Trouble (Alex Mercer Thriller, #1)
  • The Avenged (Detective Jacob Hayden #1)
  • Sins of the Past (A Cooper and White Mystery, #1)

After completing her honors degree in English Literature, Claire Chilton was interviewed to work for MI5. Fortunately, for the sake of the United Kingdom, she did not get the job. Now a web designer and graphic designer with a passion for great stories, she writes about the adventures she'd like to have.

A prolific writer with wide-ranging interests, Claire specializes in romantic and speculative

“She folded up the map and compass and shoved them into her back pocket before turning the face him. “There’s a house in that direction.” She pointed through the trees. “And there’s a slap in that direction.” She pointed to the left side of his face. He turned left, and she slapped him across the cheek. “What” 0 likes