Start by marking “Never Surrender” as Want to Read:
Never Surrender

Never Surrender

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Police officer Maggie Sinclair prides herself on her independence. She doesn't need anyone, especially her ex-lover. Working undercover to expose a prostitution ring, Maggie rescues two teenaged girls—but blows her cover in the process. Now she's in deep, and the only person who can help her is the last man she wants to call...

Detective Quinn McQuade remembers Maggie telli
Published December 4th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Never Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Surrender

Claire Robinson
3 - "There was never anything ordinary about our relationship." Stars.

This is the first book I have read by Rosie Miles. It was well written and pretty entertaining in an action packed sort of way. But oddly the author had a really weird knack of giving away exactly what was going to happen next in the previous paragraphs.

I didn’t mind it so much as the story was pretty fast paced, and not only are you reading of the reconnection between Quinn and Maggie after she has spent the last 12 months un
Julie

Check out more reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

Geez, I just don't know about this one! I hate that that statement is my opening line for my review but that is really how I feel about Never Surrender. When I first read the blurb for this one, I was intrigued. I thought that the whole thing sounded interesting and I was excited to crack it open. Well, not literally since I read it on my Kindle but you know what I mean.

I'll just cut to the chase and get down to business on this one. I'll be honest
Bette Hansen
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting suspense filled romance that kept me entertained. Slightly predictable but overall a good read.

When Maggie Sinclair left without a word a year ago for another undercover assignment, Quinn McCade didn't think he's ever see her again. Now she's calling and asking for his help. He should say no but his heart won't let him.

Maggie is desperate, obviously, she called Quinn. The one man who probably hates her more than any one else. He's also the only one she can trust. She's been working o
April Symes
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Undercover Police officer Maggie Sinclair & Detective Quinn McQuade are police officers and were lovers until a huge fight broke them up 12 months before. But Maggie contacted Quinn in desperation, in fear for her life. Young Girls are being trafficked and Maggie needs help in getting this stop since she is the one working undercover to get the information to shut down prostitution ring and discovered the young girls angle. She thinks there is a leak and she ends up calling the one man she s ...more
Jen
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Never Surrender is the debut novel from author Rosie Miles and is a romantic suspense standalone about two former partners and lovers who, after a year of separation, work together to bring down a man involved in sex slavery. This was a really great and strong story that kept everything fast-paced while amping up the tension as the plot to paint Maggie Sinclai
Vero Stro
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a great premise. Maggie is an undercover cop. Quinn was her boyfriend and he is also a cop. Their relationship ended when he didn't approve she became an undercover cop. She asks for his help and together start living a lot of dangerous situations. The romance is very nice.

This book has a lot of action and romance but the characters didn't work so well for me. I wish I could feel them a little more.

Eleni Konstantine
What a brilliant debut novel from Rosie Miles. Suspense, romance, and all round action - what else could you want. I can see why this won a Ruby award (Romance Writers of Australia) in 2016. From the beginning you are pulled into a world of intrigue, lost love, and suspicion. The only person Maggie can trust is her one time lover, Quinn but will this case the beginning of something new, or will old arguments tear them apart forever. Definitely worth the read to find out.

Disclaimer: While I pers
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
NEVER SURRENDER was a suspense-filled and fast-paced surprise, a bit predictable at times but entertaining nonetheless. It took several tries for me to get into it, but once I did, it was tense ride to the end.

Maggie Sinclair has been undercover for the last twelve months as part of a police investigation into an underage prostitution/sex slavery ring and has been successful in getting two of the girls out but her suspicion that her cover has been blown has her reaching out to the one man she tr
Home. Love. Books.
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

So this book had a couple of things going for it when it comes to me as a reader, I like books with second chances, I like books where there is action/mystery, and I like books with cops. So this book had a lot of things I generally like in books. I think what set this book apart for me is that our heroine in this book is undercover, and her ex is also a cop, and when she gets in trouble, he is who she calls, which
Melanie
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It took me a little bit to get into it but once I got going on it, it was really good. The story flowed smoothly and kept your attention. This was a first read for me by Rosie Miles but I was pleasantly surprised at how well this story flowed.

Maggie is on an undercover mission that she is not so sure of. She has seen some stuff that has made her wonder and question if she is being set up but she needs help. Maggie is not sure who she can trust right now so she calls her ex
Monica Cardoza
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Suspenseful, full of Action & some Romance!!!

This book is about two people that were partners and also lovers but something happened and they went their own way. Maggie ends up needing help because the person that she ended up needing to report to was MIA. Quinn didn’t think that he would ever hear from Maggie but from the moment that he saw her all those feelings rushed back in. She has two young girls that will be witnesses but something happens and that’s not it something
Marie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review
This was a pretty quick read for me but I really enjoyed it. Now it was a fairly typical read but I am going to be honest and say that I have read several books in the last couple of months that have been a bit typical. Maggie is an undercover cop while Quinn is her ex-boyfriend  who also happens to be a cop. When Maggie goes undercover they break up and Quinn doesn't approve. However when Maggie realizes that she needs help she turns to Quinn. Quinn doesn't hesitate to respond and to
Sparkymom
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie and Quinn were a couple but have been apart for about a year. They fought over Maggie's insistence that she wanted to work undercover. Quinn knew the physical and emotional hazards of that kind off life and didn't want that for Maggie. She took his concern as an insult to her abilities and walked away without looking back...much. Now, Maggie has the undercover career she wanted, but it has cost her too much and left her in danger without backup. She does the only thing she can think to do ...more
Heather
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book pulls you in almost from the first page and keeps you hooked through most of the book!

Maggie is in trouble, having gone undercover to bust a prostitution ring, she uncovers crimes much worse than prostitution. When things fall apart, Maggie is stuck undercover; unable to trust anyone in the department she turns to the one man who swore she would never ask for help from.

The back story between Quinn and Maggie is not revealed for quite some time in this story, so you are left trying to p
Kari
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, kindle, for-review
Never Surrender is a debut novel. For the most part, I enjoyed the story. Maggie is a cop who went undercover a year earlier despite her fellow cop and lover's advice. They severed ties and now she has reached out asking him for help.She has been undercover at a club trying to catch the owner who is stealing and selling young girls.

I liked both Maggie and Quinn's characters and thought thy were good together. You could tell they still cared about each other as the book went on. Because they had
Sara
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the premise of this book, it's a second chance book, but has a ton of action and suspense packed into the middle and end. I found the beginning a little dry, and had a little bit of trouble sticking with it, but I'm glad I did! The action really picks up and led to a mildly predictable end.

I enjoyed the heat between Maggie and Quinn, the chemistry was hot! The sex scenes were well written, and the overall relationship, although fast-paced was believable.

I enjoyed the strength the aut
Jeanne
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed this suspense/romance/thriller. The action started right away and didn't stop until the case was solved.
Maggie was determined to rescuing two young girls from a sex ring, she was determined to get them back to their parents.
Her cover blown, she called the only person she knew she could trust, her ex-lover, Quinn. Not knowing who to trust but
realizing there's a leak in the police department, they face danger at every turn. They discover the love they felt for each
other hasn't die
Renee
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2015
I've always vowed that I wouldn't give a boyfriend a second chance. If we couldn't work things out, then it wasn't meant to be. Characters have to prove themselves to me in a second chance romance, for me to hope they get back together. By the end of Never Surrender, I was cheering for reconciliation.

Rosie Miles debut novel fits neatly in the romantic suspense category romance box. It met my expectations. The romance side was a little predictable, but I would have been unhappy if it had gone any
Alicia
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review...

Maggie Sinclair is undercover and everyone thinks she has flipped. She reaches out to her old partner Quinn for help because she is ready to make some moves to get out; it's time. Lives are in danger. Luckily Quinn shows up. He agrees to help her. As they try to piece together the proof they need to bring down the pimp running the prostitution ring and kingpin a lot goes wrong and people start dying. Old flames ignite between Maggie and Quinn
Linda Quick
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This is an engaging and quick read. Maggie is an undercover cop and Quinn is her former boyfriend and also a cop. They broke up when she went undercover and Quinn did not approve. When Maggie realizes that she needs help, she turns to Quinn. Quinn responds immediately and they are thrust into a battle to solve the crimes and for their very survival.

This book was filled with action and romance, but the character just didn't grab me. They were likeable, but just didn't make me feel invested in the
Pam Batchelor
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie is in deep and doesn't know who to trust. Can she trust her ex lover that wouldn't stand by her as she went undercover?
Quinn gets a message from his ex, he has no idea what she wants but she knows it's not him. After leaving a year ago she has since disappeared and he doesn't know what's she's into.
Maggie needs Quinn to help her out of her predicament and clear her name. Quinn knows that Maggie is a good cop and does what's right. As they work and try to put the pieces of the puzzle toge
Terry Moskowitz
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this Arc from NetGalley for an unbiased review

Police officer Maggie Sinclair doesn't want to depend on anyone especially Detective Quinn Mccade so when she goes deep undercover and realizes she is alone in this.

She has to make a fast decision and decides to call McCade. The heat is now on and you will not be able to put this down. The suspense kills you as well as the storyline. You can;t trust anyone and you will not believe how it ends.
Anita DeVito
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rosie Miles' debut novel is a page turner. Threats without names and faces come at Maggie from all directions. The only safe place for her and her witness is with the cop she walked out on. Sure, there are times you want to throttle Maggie, but that's what makes this flawed character likable and readable.
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC of Never Surrender from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
This book was okay for me. It was all very predictable and I had it pretty well figured it about half way through so I just finished it to be sure I was right. It just did not work that well and was a bit boring.
I am only going to give this book three out of five stars.
Kelley Schmidt
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced, suspenseful novel and the first work I have read by Ms. Miles. I found the story to be a bit predictable but still enjoyably entertaining.

ARC received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
Danielle
Aug 11, 2015 marked it as maybe-later  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I've picked this one up and put it back down several times over the past week and it's just not working for me... Shelving it for now but I may try to come back to it later.

*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I was given this book for my honest review.

Review to be posted on day of release.

Stay tuned

Happy Reading
Kate
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book just didn't engage me for some reason. The hero and heroine didn't really connect with each other. There was always something going on even if it didn't always make sense to me.
Alyse
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was just ok. I found it to be very predictable.

**I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**
Mary Fraser
An enjoyable quick read full of action, drama and chemistry. I liked Maggie and Quinn but I didn't love them as characters. Love a plot twist and this book delivers!
  • Desperate to the Max (Max Starr, #3)
  • Doggone Christmas (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter #1)
  • Frayed Rope (The Ugly Roses #1)
  • Cold (Alex Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Pies & Peril (Culinary Competition, #1)
  • A Ghostly Gift (Southern Ghost Hunter mysteries, #1.5)
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Death of a Crafty Knitter (Stormy Day Mystery #2)
  • Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)
  • Against the Mark (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #9)
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • Dark Passage (Dark Passage, #1)
  • Deathwatch (Broslin Creek, #1)
  • Going Down (Divemasters, #1)
  • Light in Shadow (Whispering Springs, #1)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • His Undercover Princess (Tempt Me, #1)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be