Start by marking “Sleeper Protocol” as Want to Read:
Sleeper Protocol

Sleeper Protocol (The Protocol War #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Kieran Roark awakens in a wheelchair, unable to remember anything. As part of a classified experiment, he will have one year to learn his identity and recover his memory, or he will be euthanized by the state.

Scientist Berkeley Bennett has one mission: manipulate Kieran’s emotions in an attempt to bring back his memory. But when she falls in love with him, she is forced to
Published January 5th 2016 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sleeper Protocol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeper Protocol

Carrie
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Kieran Roark awakens with no memory of who he was or what has happened to him. To make matters worse Kieran has one year to remember or the state will euthanize him. Scientist Berkeley Bennett was given the mission to try to manipulate Kieran's emotions to make him remember who he was but ends up falling in love with him instead.

Sleeper Protocol is a futuristic sci-fi read with the main character waking up missing several years and not being familiar with the time or the changes that have taken
Hilary
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, sf
He wakes in a wheelchair, with familiar Australian buildings and flying cars in an unfamiliar skyline, and doesn't know his name. In fact, he doesn't know anything about himself at all. He's told he was woken to fight, because no-one else will, and given assistance to find himself, and sent off on his own.

There was some excellently cool tech, definitely the sort of tech you imagine in your wildest futuristic dreams, and it helped to balance the dystopian world. (view spoiler)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Waking in a wheelchair in Australia he has no idea who he is, what’s going on or even what year it is. He’s told he’s part of an experiment; he needs to remember who he is and he now has 323 days to do that or the government will euthanize him. Everyone in this time has a neural interface, but to the people around him he will be a null, a sleeper. Even though he also has an interface, his is different. No one will be able
Richard
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received a pre-release copy of this book in return for a review.

The blurb for this book drew me in and so I was looking forward to reading the book. Right from the start the book gripped me and I finished it in two sessions (a man needs to sleep!)

Told in a mixture of first person from the protagonist, and third person from the other major characters, I really enjoyed this book. There was a slight immersion jarring rip from the world the book is portraying back to this one with a di
Mia Kleve
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SLEEPER PROTOCOL starts out with the main character waking up while sitting in a wheelchair, but not knowing who he is. He gets flashes of what he thinks are memories, but he’s not sure.

There’s a lot he’s not too sure about. Other than WHO he is, he needs to know why he’s been chosen and what his purpose is. And then he finds out he has less than a year to regain all of his memories.

As the book progresses you soon find out that an alien invasion is on its way, and this “sleeper” maybe the only k
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Actual Rating: 3.5*

My full review is part of the blog tour in February. Mini ramblings since I just finished!
I enjoyed this one. There were some parts that I wasn't too fond of, i.e. the way the relationships were handled but overall this was a really good novel. I think it could have been better if there was better pacing with the relationships since it seemed like everything came together and fell apart very quick
Jeremiah
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn you, Ikenberry! I want more!
papasteve
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I am going to say is, there better be a sequel.
Gwen Clayton
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Kevin Ikenberry’s novel, Sleeper Protocol, Kieran Roark is a 28-year-old man who wakes up with a head full of cobwebs and a new nickname: Sleepy.
As the story unfolds, it's like a futuristic re-telling of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein where Sleepy - a re-animated corpse - comes back to life thanks to a brilliant young doctor named Gwendolyn “Berkeley” Bennett. Doctor Bennett must compete for influence over her patient/lover with Sleepy’s artificial intelligence – an AI protocol known as Mally.
“A
Gabrielle
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually reach for soldiery books, as I often find all the action is done better on a big screen. Not so here. Kevin Ikenberry created a world I (almost, but only because this world is one scary place) wanted to jump right into. I'd be happy to meet those characters, well, except for that one cold calculating woman, she terrifies me. Pace and tension kept me engaged and eager to keep turning pages. The relationship aspect was possibly a little simpler than real-life, but hey, the book is ...more
Kevin’s head has been in the clouds since he was old enough to read. Ask him and he’ll tell you that he still wants to be an astronaut. Kevin has a diverse background in space and space science education. As an adult, he's managed the world-renowned U.S. Space Camp program and operated two Challenger Learning Centers. A retired Army officer, Kevin continues to work with space every day.

Kevin is t
More about Kevin Ikenberry...

The Protocol War (2 books)
  • Vendetta Protocol (The Protocol War, #2)