Start by marking “Hybrid (The Domino Project #2)” as Want to Read:
Hybrid (The Domino Project #2)

Hybrid (The Domino Project #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
As Sai recovers from her life-threatening injuries, she struggles to piece together her damaged relationship with Dom. He fights the parasite within, suddenly freed from the interference of the other Dominos in his head.

Inside Central, Bastian’s Shine dosing has become a dangerous dance. Enhanced security protocols and endless meetings have him on a tightrope, with little
Published November 10th 2015 by Amaranthine Press

To ask other readers questions about Hybrid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hybrid

J.R.
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, indie
I was prepared to beg for an ARC of this book just so I wouldn't have to wait for the release date. The first book was that powerful. I just had to know! Fortunately, the author put me out of my misery and sent me an ARC.

This is a YA story about a little Asian girl with an avalanche of power inside. Her friendships are crafted in a way that connects you to each of the characters through the way that Sai loves them. Dom is a constructed humanoid with a secret darkness. The question of just how mu
Aussie Owned and Read Owned and Read
I’m SO excited this book is finally here! If you haven’t read Chameleon (the first one) go ahead and check out my review here. I’ll wait. Done? Good. Also, you’re crazy. Chameleon is awesome, get on that shit.

Back to my fangirling.

Heat/Swoon Levels:

Ahhh… negative digits? Haha. But that’s a good thing! The MC, Sai, ended up in a whole world of trouble at the conclusion of Chameleon and the first quarter of the book focuses around her recovery and return to the badass she was. Once she’s up and ab
Unfazeable Reader
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The following review must be read in a sports commentator voice.

“Why is he different?”

Dom doesn't know. He is half alien, half machine … Then why does he feel so damn crushed after the incident that cost Sai her legs?

And Sai won't stop battering herself over what happened. Nor will she forgive Dom for the role he played in it. It was his fault … No, it was an accident … Maybe he couldn't have prevented it … He didn't have to do it in the first place.

Battle with self ensues.

Will she forgive Dom?
Heather Gilbert
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

Sai's hurt at the end of Chameleon and Dom had a hand in it. Not only does Sai have to learn to deal with her injuries and the recovery, her relationship with Dom takes a hit. There's something about Sai that brings out the humanity in Dom and I LOVE that. Their friendship makes both of them stronger and Hybrid opens with it being strained. It's refreshing to read a book where the stakes are about friendship and the survival of the human race, not reading t
Kylie
Hybrid is a brilliant follow up to Chameleon (with even more Dom!).

Hybrid follows the Exiled's machinations against the GNW and is definitely a little darker than it's predecessor. If you thought the stakes were high in Chameleon, you'd better buckle up for Hybrid!

The Domino Project series is a brilliant, fast-paced, dystopian sci-fi adventure. The characters are real and imperfect and the world is rich and interesting. Psionic powers are exciting but are not an 'I-win-button', there are real c
Jami Leigh
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love when a second book in a trilogy actually manages to have its own plot arc. Sai has to recover, both physically and mentally, from the events at the end of Chameleon, and her shattered trust in Dom. There’s this wonderful push-pull of their relationship in this book, as they try to find equilibrium at that point between hurt and deep, intense friendships where there really is no description for it in English.
But they don’t have time to linger and explore their feelings. The Damascus are fi
Jamie (LadyJai) Dement
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know how you get into a series and there's alway that one book that kind of falls flat? Well, this second book is so far from the bottom that I can't see it falling at all. We saw the first book from Sai's perspective most of the time. I wanted more Dom. KT delivers in the sequel. Seeing the world, and his stuggles, from his perspective gives more depth to this story overall. Like there is so much more that KT can do with it than in just 3 books. I am looking forward to the last book in the ...more
Rissa
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, a great second novel by KT Hanna! I love the tension between Sai & Dom. Hard not to post spoilers, but Sai faces a lot of challenges- both physical and mental in this book. Dom faces his own mental demons. Just love both characters.

Great plot, kept me reading long after I meant to put it down. Can't wait for the next one.
John
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
hybrid was just a good if not better than "Chameleon". I really recommend that everyone read these as they are so worth your time. I won this great book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
Bonnie Tharp
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
KT Hanna's Domino series would make Heinlein proud. I flew through the first book, then the second and just downloaded #3, ready to read tonight. I haven't had this much science fiction fun in a long time. I highly recommend you give her books a try. They are worth the ride.
Brenda Drake
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great second book in the series. I love Hanna's writing and how she brings the settings and characters to life. I love Sai's and Dom's relationship and their struggles. Read this series! It's such a great read. Now, where is book three?
Trix
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Again an awesome effort from KT Hanna. Great follow on from Chameleon. Read it people, you won't regret it.
CR Daylex
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the first one in the series and liked it so decided to download this and give it a go. I love Dom and Sai!
Cheryl Hall
Mar 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Two (One Universe #2)
  • The Old Races: Aftermath
  • Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme #2)
  • Citadel of the Sky (Thrones of the Firstborn #1)
  • Hidden (Northern Waste, #2)
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Jumping Fences
  • Summer Ruins (The Last Year, #4)
  • Fallen (Debt Collector, #6)
  • The Thirteenth World (The Corridor Duology #2)
  • Song Magick
  • Accessing the Future: A Disability-Themed Anthology of Speculative Fiction
  • Under My Skin (Under My Skin #1)
  • Borderlands Anthology (The Actuator, #1.5)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Madly, Deeply
KT Hanna has a love for words so extreme, a single word can spark entire worlds.

Born in Australia, she met her husband in a computer game, moved to the U.S.A. and went into culture shock. Bonus? Not as many creatures specifically out to kill you.

When she’s not writing, she freelance edits for Chimera Editing, and chases her daughter, husband, corgi, and cat. No, she doesn’t sleep. She is entirely
More about K.T. Hanna

The Domino Project (3 books)
  • Chameleon (The Domino Project, #1)
  • Parasite (The Domino Project, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)