Start by marking “A Rebel in Jericho (The Jericho Resistance #1)” as Want to Read:
A Rebel in Jericho (The Jericho Resistance #1)

A Rebel in Jericho

(The Jericho Resistance #1)

After years of preparing for marriage, Catalina Santé is interested in little more than making a good match. And why not? She's young, beautiful, educated... everything a wealthy man should want. However, a tragic accident will leave her with less than a marriage proposal - she's fighting for her very life!

Matthew Martin spends most of his time just trying to fit into Ame
Published October 4th 2015 by Eaton House

To ask other readers questions about A Rebel in Jericho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rebel in Jericho

Kelly
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, clean-read
Expect a broad range of emotions to cross you if you read this book. With the premise of finding love for Catalina all the way to human trafficking and murder it’s hard to keep a straight face. I shed some tears and was grateful for a Happily Ever After but with a promise of more to come to this story. There is a strong Christian base to the story. I found my heart beating very hard and trying to read fast to make sure that Catalina came to no sexual harm while she was at Jericho as she was take ...more
Regina
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a good book

I gave this a four star review because it was a good book just not what I was expecting. A Rebel in Jericho was a slow start but picked up pace then slowed again, finally it was a race to the finish. I felt like this book was written as a modern day read, not the setting it was in 1918. The book had some grammar errors. I give all authors credit for producing books, the time and research they put into writing their books is a long and tireless job.
Rebekah
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book. Not only does twenty percent of all proceeds go to the fight against human trafficking, but the story itself fights for awareness. The author even researched the time and events that happened around places the story took place, each factual event explained in the final pages. The story was vivid and unique. A great read and an worthy cause and topic.
Lucette Nel
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The amount of research that the author put into this story shows on the pages.
I found some pages where the pace was slow, but everything works together. Well developed plot, setting and characters. I can't wait for the second book in the series.
Debi Srader
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good Southern/Mexican/Historica! Fictions

Surprisingly good. I like texts with Spanish dialogue mingled in. It had good characters, a decent plot, and an interesting historical backdrop.
Debbie
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed A Rebel in Jericho and would recommend it. The author did a good job with character and story development and held my interest through out the whole book.
Victoria
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Janka H.
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
A hot-headed girl. a hot-headed sheriff. The women in need.

Catalina Santé is on the run to avoid the city where she had killed a man - because no one cares that is was unintentional tragedy in self-defense. Accompanied by the handsome deputy of half-Mexican blood, she is to enter the way that will change her perception of the world and show her the harsh realities of the world we live in. Because she is captured in the brothel on the Mexican side of the borders. Will she survive and be able to h
EvilAntie Jan
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written book

I discovered Mimi's writing from the Brides of Noelle record-breaking fabulous short story. I was on the trail to read more- and I came upon this series. Mimi Milan's characters are so richly created and a devastating topic of human trafficking is presented in such a way - it touches one's heart and soul. This was an amazing story about human faith and enduring love.
Christi
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story but needs a prof reader

I wish I could have read this for the author with a ‘red pen’ in hand before it was published. Enough errors to be annoying. Story was good though.
Carrie Gould
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed A Rebel in Jericho. I felt that it was a great read. The plot was interesting and kept me turning the pages to find out what would happen next. The characters were well developed and interesting. I enjoyed the historical apsect and the description at the end of real events hinted at in the story. I like that the ending lends itself well to a sequel while effectively completing this story. I can't wait to read more by this author.

I love that 20 percent of the sales from this
Camilla
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
A unique story woven from a few tidbits of real history, A Rebel in Jericho is packed full of adventure and action. It is multi-cultural, with English and Spanish used to add authenticity to the characters, the locations, and the change in culture. The use of both languages worked well, and was incorporated in a smooth and clear manner. The story and characters are engaging. My biggest complaint is the frequent typos. I found it to be very distracting to the potential of the story. The history i ...more
Pretty Sassy Cool
Oct 05, 2015 marked it as blog-promo
Shelves: pub-2015
We've got a great excerpt and giveaway to share about this book today over on Pretty Sassy Cool!

For more reviews and bookish talk, visit our blog at Pretty Sassy Cool.

Pretty Sassy Cool Book Reviews and More
Marlene
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Crossing the Mexican Border at risk...

The storyline itself is okay but it did get confusing with many twists. This book has killings, broken hearts, slavery and imprisonment. Always in the center of trouble Catalina and Mathew are asking God for help. Both are new "born again Christians" and their faith gets them out of dangerous situations. The book moved too slow for me, but others may appreciate the pace. It is a clean Christian read even though the content describes the harsher side of life.
Mary
Sarah B
Oct 03, 2017
Claire Potter
Apr 14, 2016
Mimi Milan spent two decades scribbling away in notebooks before realizing that her life's calling was to write. So she returned from Mexico and attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Film.

Raised to be an activist, the books she has outlined to write all give back to the community. The causes she supports include, but are not limited t

The Jericho Resistance (2 books)
  • Twice Redeemed (The Jericho Resistance, #2)