Start by marking “Incriminated (Emancipated, #2)” as Want to Read:
Incriminated (Emancipated, #2)

Incriminated

(Emancipated #2)

Scandal, romance, treachery, and murder—all under one roof. And no one to clean up their messes. Incriminated is the thrilling second book in the Emancipated trilogy, where limits are pushed, friendships are test, and the truth has a nasty way of showing up uninvited.

There’s trouble in paradise. Six teens legally liberated from parental control—the bad boy, the good girl,
Published May 24th 2016 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Incriminated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incriminated

Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I love when a sequel is even better than the first in a series. What I realize now is Emancipated was setting things up for what was to come in Incriminated. Where in Emancipated, the kids were all going through that process, moving into the house on Venice Beach, and dealing with a variety of secrets they each have. In Incriminated, their secrets come to a head leading to much bigger trouble for the whole group. Let’s just say what occurs had me flying through the pages.

This book co
Irene△⃒⃘➰
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
4.8/5 ~ I loved it. I’m so happy when sequels are way better than the first ones!!! It’s not perfect but the story is captivating, interesting and kept my attention throughout the book!!! (it’s not my kind of plot and maybe sometimes is unrealistic but I took it for what it was, a book and a story)
Ellis
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daaaamn, wat spannend! Zo benieuwd naar deel 3. I LOVE IT!
Jazmen
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
*A special thanks to the publisher for this review copy*

This review can also be found on Young Adult Book Central:

Lions, Tigers and Murders, Oh my!

Once again, Reyes, hands us a story full of complex characters, crazy secrets, intrigue, murder and a little bit of romance.

There's a little bit of everything in this story, and it should have been overwhelming but, remarkably, it wasn't.

The characters:There are quite a few. Here's the run down if you're new to

“I may have seen who really killed Tyson Drew.”

Well, I get now why this book is called Incriminated, because boy do these kids get themselves into one heck of a criminal mess in this book.

Firstly, again, why only 5 characters on the book cover when there are 6 main characters? Is number 6 hiding on the back again?

Anyway, this book picked up where book 1 left off, but the
Tapasya
By the time I was reading this book, I almost forgot about the first one. The author do give us glimpse of the first one but still it gets dull. Very boring (For me).
Laura Hall
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
So much better then the first book! I was left with so many questions after the first book cause I felt like nothing was really finished, that it was just all build up. And now I understand. This second book tied up all those lose ends from the first book.
Just three months after the first book the six teens are still struggling with old and new problems that all seem to lead back to one person. Will they figure whats the right thing to do or will this mystery person finally get what they want
Amanda
*I received a free copy of this book from a contest on EpicReads.com*

This book was the perfect follow up to Emancipated. Something I noticed that I loved was that the covers have progressed in terms of light to darkness, much like the mood of the books. The first novel was mainly happy, until it wasn't, something the primarily yellow cover reflects. In this novel, there are a lot of darker points with some happiness, which lends itself to the purple/pink mixture.
Melissa DeLong
No rating because DNF.

Problem #1 - I didn't realize this was the second book, so until I came to mark this as a DNF, I was just under the impression it wasn't going to develop characters. I see now that picking up the first one will likely take care of that problem!

Problem #2 - I don't care at all about these characters about 30% in. I'm not even on the line enough yet to feel like even though I don't care about them, I should still finish the story. Maybe if I correct my first problem and read
Bella
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but I had a lot of trouble getting into it because I couldn't remember what happened in the last book - there's a lot of people, and things happening with each of them, so a lot of details to keep track of. I tried googling a summary of Emancipation, but wasn't getting far. I'll definitely read the next book in the series - but perhaps re-read this one and Emancipated right before it!
Amanda
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I started Emancipated I didn't know it was a trilogy, and I don't usually read series, so I'm glad I didn't know. I read this one in two sittings. Now I have to wait until January to find out how it ends. COME ON.
Joseph
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second book in , the story continues with the lives of these teens living the dream of no parents in a Venice beach house , and the story just gets better with more secrets and lies coming out of the closet , forgotten memories bring danger and death , who knows what will happen next .
Sarah Williams
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome suspense

Full of action and secrets. Everyone is holding cards and I'm excited to see how the next hand (book) wraps up this game.
Thyrze
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 sterren
Jamie Cadle
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Good book, but I thought the first one was better. It was slow at the beginning and it took a long time to speed up.
Lina
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
*I received an ARC of this book in a goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review*

I really liked this book. It was a great read and kept my interest from start to finish.
Il confine dei libri
Buongiorno Confine,
oggi recensisco per voi il secondo capitolo della serie "Emancipated" di M.G. Reyes, INCRIMINATED - Fuga per la libertà. Per chi non ricordasse, la serie tratta la storia di sei ragazzi che, per diversi motivi, hanno chiesto e ottenuto l'emancipazione dalla loro famiglia. Si ritrovano a vivere in una bella villa a Venice Beach. Tra studio, lavoro e spiaggia, trascorrono le loro giornate da minorenni emancipati, cercando di barcamenarsi tra i problemi di una vita da adulti e fa
Freakajules
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rezex_print
Der erste Teil der "Little Secrets" Reihe hatte mich leider ein wenig ernüchtert zurückgelassen, aber ich habe dennoch etwas in der Geschichte gesehen, weswegen ich auch den zweiten Band "Schuldige Freunde" unbedingt lesen wollte. Mich hat es sehr interessiert, was die Autorin mit den Enthüllungen aus dem ersten Band macht, wie sie Candace, Grace, John-Michael, Lucy, Paolo und Maya in Bedrängnis bringt und welchen furchtbaren Erlebnisse noch auf die mündigen Jugendlichen warten. Nachdem der erst ...more
Jennifer Lee
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was stalled finishing this book sooner because everyone in the house got sick at once. That being said it was very easy to pick back up! This is a perfect sequel, i can feel the story ramping up for a mind blowing final book. Huge secrets are unveiled in this book, but not all the roommates get filled in at the same time. It causes some problems, but eventually they all (almost all) dish their secrets and they have each other’s back. Something insane happens at the end that changes everything ...more
Viola Sung
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jumps straight into the action, thanks to the build-up from the first book. Quite an enjoyable read, except for the abrupt ending. Well-plotted, despite the whole book feeling like the middle part of a long story (isn't it?) If so, still looking forward to the next book in the series. Some of the characters are starting to grow on me, though it took two books for them to. Is that due to the shifting perspectives?
Erin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is painfully bad. I must be a glutton for punishment, because I really, honestly tried to read this, but it's so hokey and so bad. The writing is awful, the plot is pathetic and the characters are so unlikeable and so unrealistic. This was obviously written for TV, but who would watch this garbage? As you can see from the declining number of reviews for each subsequent novel, this series is a flop.
Brooke Wilson
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was entertaining. I say this instead of saying a really liked it because it was not what I expected.
The story itself was gripping and kept me reading and wondering to the very end.
The six teens have become more connected and commutes to each other.

If you enjoyed the this first book, this one was better. The story gained depth, gave you answers and left some still unanswered questions.

Can’t wait to see how it all wraps up in book 3.

Stephanie A.
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary-ya
You know how sometimes a soapy new TV show will be full of twists and turns and you think it can't get any wilder, and then it comes back for season 2 just off the walls bonkers? This is like that, and it's amazing. This series started as The O.C. and came back as How To Get Away With Murder.
Sara Pensieri
Speravo che il secondo libro fosse migliore del precedente e invece non è stato così..tutta la storia risulta troppo forzata e veramente surreale..praticamente questi 6 ragazzi in sei mesi hanno più imprevisti che Frodo in tutta la trilogia..decisamente poco credibile!!
Books & Dreams (Monisha)
It was a four star book for me but I down graded my rating because I didn't like what happend after twothird-ish of the book. Besides that it's a good sequel of the first book of the Emancipated series.
Elena
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
I liked this book a lot more than the first. this one was action packed and had some character development. the story progressed at a reasonable pace and it kept me entertained.
New Adult e dintorni
Questo secondo capitolo della serie è davvero mozzafiato, ricco di avvenimenti, fatti sconvolgenti che porteranno i ragazzi a sviluppare un legame che non si potrà mai sciogliere, anche se un giorno le loro vite prenderanno strade differenti. Ora i sei protagonisti sono complici di atti che li hanno portati a crescere in fretta e dimenticare la leggerezza tipica della loro età. Sempre insieme, per aiutarsi, proteggersi, sostenersi, salvarsi.

Il libro, come il precedente è diviso in brevi capitol
Friederike | Buch&Gewitter
Wird noch geschrieben, sind aber nur 2,5 Sterne.
Lexy
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Still have so many questions. Left me on edge. Truths are told. Can't wait till the third book.

• The Row
  • Splinter
  • The Chaos of Now
  • Dancing with Molly
  • The Perfect Candidate
  • Reality Check (Clearwater Crossing, #2)
  • The Eyes of the Desert Sand (Chrysalis Chronicles #1)
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • Vendetta (The Nikki Boyd Files, #1)
  • Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2)
  • The Boyfriend Backtrack
  • Remember
  • The Color of Lies
  • High and Dry
  • An Army of Frogs (Kulipari #1)
  • Trust Me (Find Me, #3)
  • State of Grace
  • Irresistible

Emancipated (3 books)
  • Emancipated (Emancipated, #1)
  • Vindicated (Emancipated, #3)