Start by marking “Inexpressible Island (End of Forever, #3)” as Want to Read:
Inexpressible Island (End of Forever, #3)

Inexpressible Island

(End of Forever #3)

The third and final novel in Paullina Simons' unforgettable End of Forever saga concludes Julian and Josephine's heartbreaking love story that has spanned lifetimes.

They were ready for anything...except the end

Julian has lost everything he ever loved and is almost out of time. His life and death struggle against fate offers him one last chance to do the impossible and save
Paperback
Published November 19th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Inexpressible Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inexpressible Island

Start your review of Inexpressible Island (End of Forever, #3)
SissiReads
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you much of what happened in this book because EVERYTHING is a plot twist and you have to read it and experience it yourself, but what I can tell you is I have never read anything like this, and I am quite certain I will never read anything remotely as perfect as this trilogy ever again. What Paullina has given us is an epic adventure that goes beyond universe and time. What she has given us is her best to date. Everything that has happened in this series blows my mind. I often won ...more
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
‘Together they walked through fire. Together they walked through ice. The whole world and all that was in it was their Inexpressible Island.’

Nothing can quite prepare you for the End of Forever Saga, penned by master storyteller Paullina Simons. Inexpressible Island is the third and last book in the series, which allows Paullina Simons to draw the final curtain on this intrepid trilogy. A story of heartbreak, commitment, endurance, friendship, connections an
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
"How does a man live, when he must live without the thing he can't live without?"

What a perfect conclusion to this epic series! Once again the narrator Jeremy Arthur was outstanding.

I am going to say right up front that I am shocked this series has not received more attention. This epic saga is well worth the three-book commitment and each audio book was simply fabulous! I am saddened that the publisher does not even have the proper editions listed on Goodreads. (Where is the audio book? T
AtenRa
Gut wrenching but still beautiful, the last instalment in End of Forever had it all (well, almost).

This series might have been about two people's epic love story in the beginning but I think in the end, it was all about Julian and about his personal journey as a son, a friend, a partner. He is the main focus of Inexpressible Island and Mia just compliments his story.
I have to hand it to Simons, her storytelling is magnificent. All the twists and turns will have you sitting at the edge of your
Theresa Smith
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paullina Simons brings new meaning to deja-vu and six degrees of separation. I can’t even begin to fully describe these novels for fear of spoiling them for you, and believe me when I say, you do not want them spoiled. If you see any reviews that say, ‘this contains spoilers’, keep scrolling because if you ever intend to read these books, don’t go into them knowing what’s going to happen. Even though this review is for Inexpressible Island, much of the discussion will be referring to the series ...more
Angelique Simonsen
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This finished the trilogy very nicely. Not the usual fare from this author being a time travel novel but I really enjoyed it all the same
CasNewby
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BEAUTIFUL AND PROFOUND AND SURPRISING UNTIL THE END

I loved the first book in this series and then was surprised at how much deeper and even more compelling the story became with book 2—but nothing could have prepared me for this. I’m reluctant to discuss it in any detail because I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say that this book and series are instant classics and are very high on my list of all-time favorites.
M
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bits_fearietales
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
#inexpressibleisland is the last instalment in the #endofforever trilogy by the darling @paullinasimons . This lovely lady’s writing has, and always will have my heart ♥️
I honestly don’t even know where to begin with a review for this one. The first two instalments had me on a rollercoaster of emotions but this...I was seriously not ready for this!
It had so many twists and turns and unexpected happenings, that I found myself having to put the book down regularly just to get my thoughts and emot
Dijana
Ah! I can't even... AH!
Kate Page
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a finish to this epic saga! Inexpressible Island completes the love story of Julian and Josephine. I was eagerly awaiting this book to find out how this story would end and the wait was totally worth it.

Julian travels back in time one last time to save Josephine. This time she is living in war torn London during the blitz. I think this was one of my most favourite timelines of the saga. Simons' paints such a vivid picture of the sights, sounds and smells of each period in time she uses as a
Sally Keys
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring and heartbreaking

This book was not at all what I expected but it pulled me in and exceeded all my expectations. It was heartbreaking and at the same time inspirational. What you think is going to be a horrible ending turns out to be the best ever. It just proves that you never really know.
Novel Grounds
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

Okay. I have not read the first two novels in this series but with just reading some of the reviews on this one, I am diving into them now and will update once I have read them. From the looks of it  I am going to be hooked!
Has anyone read this series yet?
Faith 09
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful ending to the series.
Kate Gordon
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mostly an amazing end to an adorable trilogy. (Maybe I read too fast but there was a small bit i didn't get.) I've been reading Paullina since Red Leaves and I cannot believe how she keeps pumping out stories of such variety but consistently so good!
Vesna Dan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series!!
Sharon Grima-rapa
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was sad to read the end of this saga. I was absorbed in this book. The last chapter was one of the most suspenseful I've ever read. Can't say much more, you have to read this book without any hints or spoilers of where Julian's and Mia's journey will take you.
Justine Ingaliso
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ghost_writer
Lisa Leeder
Sep 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated this series so much! I guess it's hard to plough through several hundred pages when you hate the heroine of the story. That said, as she was introduced throughout several of the "world's she became slightly more likeable. I really feel this story dragged on for far too long and honestly bar one or two of the variations of Josephine, i really hated her! All i kept thinking was why is Julian so stupid? Was the story beautifully described? Yes, and had it have been 1/3 of the actual length, ...more
Teresa
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Inexpressible Island is the third novel in the end of forever saga and concluded the story of Julian and Josephine.

Julian travels back one last time to be with Josephine, where he finds himself in London during WWII. This time is no different from the rest; he must fight for their love and to keep her alive, however certain people and events cross his path this time that helps him connect the dots to present life.

Back in the present the pieces of the puzzle are slowly put together for the reader
Mary
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-thing
This book is the conclusion of a series - Having not read the first two books in the series, it took me a bit to try to figure out what was going on and I felt that I missed some important pieces of the story. I would definitely recommend reading the first two books in the series before reading this one. I have read other stories by this author and very much enjoyed them as well.

In this story, Julian travels back in time to find Josephine. I thought the description and details of WWII London we
Jaselle Van Gestel-Bush
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I read the other 2 books in this series with a skeptical look on my face the whole way through, I wasn’t sure if I was enjoying the story or whether I could really immerse myself into it due to its magical nature.. but I had to keep reading, I had to know how Pauline Simmons would wrap this up because I knew that she would and that she would do it well! I was definitely rewarded for persevering through the previous books to get to this ending. I was amazed at how it came together and was all tie ...more
Peggy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This is the third book of an epic saga. It took me a couple of chapters to get into the book as I had not read the previous two books. I have added them to my list of books to read.
It is a story of love, sacrifice and a story of friendship.
Julian travels back in time once again to save his love ( Mia, Josephine ) from death. Julian's love for Mia and his devotion to his friend Ashton is portrayed wonderfully.
The author paints such a graphic picture of the locations, you can believe that you ar
Jody
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best of the books in the trilogy. I enjoyed the London setting and the gang of characters in this era. I liked the way Simons brought all the stories together. There was a lot of deep friendship which was gratifying to read and I found the romance much more satisfying in this version of Josephine and Julian. Found the ending slightly underwhelming. It's not that it was a bad ending, just that I think it was a difficult story to finish without coming across as cheesy or too pat.
Danielle Stacey
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amanda
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Just wow! I was not expecting anything of what happened. Talk about six degrees of separation and what a way of bringing the past events into the present and vice verse. Definitely my favourite novel of the trilogy; and I’m so glad it changed pace compared to the first two because the second novel started to get a bit repetitive for my liking. A fantastic read!
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
I do think that this trilogy should be read back to back as once again, like the second book, the story plunges straight back in with no recap. Once you've got your head around that, and you ignore the fact that 1940s Londoners speak in American-ese, this is a great conclusion to the time-travel series.
Danielle
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow the final novel in this series has so many twists and turns in typical Paullina Simons style. Definitely my favourite book of the trilogy, so full of grief, suspense and raw emotion .... it's hard to write anything without giving away the story so I'm just going to recommend the series as a very different and intriguing read :-)
Kerry Ali
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Books 1 & 2 of this trilogy were not my favourites but I wanted to finish book 3 because I love Paullina's writing. Happy to say this book did not dissapoint & was the perfect end to the Forever Series. Paullina has a way of twisting the plot when you least expect it. Everyone needs friends like Ashton & Devi. ...more

• The Woman in Our House
  • Where the Story Starts
  • The Sixth Window
  • The Bette Davis Club
  • Memoirs of an Ex-Prom Queen
  • The Cloister
  • The Invitation
  • A Course in Meditation: A 21-Day Workout for Your Consciousness
  • The Collagen Diet: A 28-Day Plan for Sustained Weight Loss, Glowing Skin, Great Gut Health, and a Younger You
  • Just Watch Me (Riley Wolfe #1)
  • To Hell with the Hustle
  • The Body Politic
  • Beyond a Reasonable Stout (Sloan Krause #3)
  • This Beautiful Life
  • The Strangers We Know
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
  • D'après une histoire vraie
  • A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin

End of Forever (3 books)
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • A Beggar's Kingdom (End of Forever, #2)

Related Articles

“What are you so worried about? What makes you think if we got together that we’d even stay together? We wouldn’t, most likely. Nothing is permanent, especially in this town. Everything is just another set, waiting to be dismantled and hauled to the dumpster. We’d hook up, have some fun for a few weeks, a few laughs, nothing wrong with that. And then we’d go out separate ways. It would end the way most things end. I’d think about you for a while. Maybe you’d think about me. I’d ache for you a little bit, the way one does when things are over, even things that aren’t meant to be. I’d get busy with my life. You’d get busy with yours. We’d say we’d keep in touch. But we never would. And when people asked, we’d say we had a thing once, you and me. One minute it was, and the next it wasn’t. It didn’t mean it wasn’t real. It just wasn’t forever. And years later maybe we’d run into each other on the street somewhere, and you’d barely remember my name. And I’d barely remember yours. I’d say to you, hey, remember how you once loved me? And you’d say sorry, not really. And I’d say yeah, me neither.” 1 likes
“That's why no one has abandoned London. They are all fragments of a city. They're part of something, they belong to something whole. If they leave, pieces will go missing.” 0 likes