Start by marking “The Rift (The Seventh, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rift (The Seventh, #2)

The Rift

(The Seventh #2)

“I longed for normality. Even our own, off-the-wall brand of normality.”

She’s finally got things together. Mimi’s dating a hot guy and has a place in the school’s Gifted Program with her awesome friends. Yes, she still attracts the dead. But there’s only one ghost these days, and he doesn’t seem to have an awful lot to say.

Just when Mimi’s life is looking pretty good for t
Published November 6th 2015 by Evernight Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Rift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rift

Start your review of The Rift (The Seventh, #2)
Dianne
Seven extraordinary teens, each with a unique ability have grown into a cohesive group of friends and allies, always watching out for each other, never sharing what they can do with “normal” people. These teens make up the Gifted Class at their school. There is significance in there being seven of them. When one of the students is taken away from their group by her controlling father, the harmony is broken and the remaining six are having “glitches” in their powers. Is this a plan by their enemy ...more
Marcus Damanda
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There’s a small child in the corner of the room—the ghost of a child who cannot speak. There’s a dark wind gathering outside, bringing shadows and the threat of an ancient, once-thought-dead secret society. And in a very, very special classroom, a familiar face is missing. At Etherall Valley, school’s about to start again. Hold on.
THE RIFT is more than just a sequel to the magical and often perilous world S.d. Wasley created in her debut novel, THE SEVENTH. It’s an expansion of the dangers and p
Janis F
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Rift starts where The Seventh leaves off. Mimi is finally happy with her life. She has good loyal friends she thought she would never have, she has a boyfriend and she’s enjoying her new school. All is going so well; the kids are developing their gifts but then one of the extraordinary seven is no longer with them. All of their gifts go a little crazy and nobody can figure out why. In order to solve the problem, the kids develop a plan that makes you scream into your book, NO!!! Then the rid ...more
Alana
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Rift is the second in The Seventh series by SD Wasley. As gripping as the first with a good storyline and great character development. It felt like the best middle of a trilogy - a good book on its own but leaving me wanting the next book. I'd recommend this series to anyone who likes paranormal and/or YA fiction. I can't wait to read The Deluge!

"It was closer now, positioned on the other side of Drew as though he were casting a massive shadow into the air. Taller and wider than him, the thi
James Cox
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really good sequel to the seventh. Great action and familiar characters I enjoyed the first time.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Linda Field
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Rift by SD Wasley

What a fantastic book. I thought The Seventh was stunning but The Rift blew me away.

Welcome back to Etherall Valley school. The seven are back for more amazing mysteries, but something is wrong. Can they survive what comes to them all.

I just absolutely love this series, The first book The Seventh introduces us to seven different young teens. It slow builds you up for what is to come in The Rift.

The Rift is full of mystery and suspense plus your typical teen drama.
Yes th
Demelza Carlton
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The plot thickens...and so do the shadows, in this second book of the The Seventh series. I read this almost entirely in one sitting - despite having a moment of wanting to scream at Mimi and her friends, "NO! Don't do it!" at a particular point in the book, but of course they do and...I shall give you no spoilers ;)

When their gifts start "glitching" it's hard for any of them to function normally at school or at home, and with the absence of Mimi's ghostly companions from the first book in the s
Sherry Judge
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This was an amazing book! I love how the characters interact with each other and can overcome the obstacles they face with the gifts they are given!!! I can't wait till the next book comes out!!!!
Elka
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Rift is a great, fresh and easy read for teens and young adults interested in the paranormal world.
It is full of interesting, likable and well-distinguished characters with a believable and suspenseful plot.
Big thumbs up x
Linda
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very strong sequel to The Seventh! With a well crafted storyline, this book kicked the suspense up several notches. I could not put it down!
Janae Eason
Aug 28, 2016
Linda Perie
Dec 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1)
  • Rebel Born (Secondborn, #3)
  • The Girl On Legare Street (Tradd Street, #2)
  • Return to Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #4)
  • Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2)
  • The Strangers on Montagu Street (Tradd Street, #3)
  • Never Look Away
  • The Rift  (The Rift #1)
  • The Shadow Between Us
  • Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Indebted (The Premonition, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Lying Next to Me
  • Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3)
  • Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1)
  • Captivating in Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #6)
  • My Jasper June
S.D. Wasley was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia.

She has been composing literary works since before she could write – at five years of age she announced her first poem in the kitchen, improv-style. Today, she lives in the Swan Valley wine region with her two daughters, surrounded by dogs, cats and chickens.

S.D. Wasley writes crossover, adult and young adult fiction in the genres of myst

The Seventh (3 books)
  • The Seventh
  • The Deluge (The Seventh, #3)