Start by marking “Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News (Hot Off the Press #2)” as Want to Read:
Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News (Hot Off the Press #2)

Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News

(Hot Off the Press #2)

Veronika Layne, sassy tattooed reporter, is on the trail of another news scoop, and this time there's a Hollywood TV house-flipper, a pirate and his treasure, new friends and old friends, long-distance love and heartache. Will Veronika find out what true love – and true gold – are worth? A suspenseful, snappy, sexy thriller.
Published August 28th 2015 by Booktrope (first published August 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News

Start your review of Veronika Layne Has a Nose for News (Hot Off the Press #2)
Meredith
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Entertaining follow up to Veronika Layne Gets the Scoop. I found Veronika to be more developed and the mystery more intriguing than in the first book. My one critique is that the ending wrapped up too quickly--however, this may be because I wanted more! I definitely will be reading the next book in the series.

You do not have to read the first book to understand the events of the second. However, book one will help you better understand Veronika and Aidan's relationship, as well as the dynamics
Julia Tracey
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had fun creating the story for another Veronika Layne mystery. The plot reflects some current interests of mine -- TV house-flipping shows, renovations, and historic preservation. I also enjoyed making Veronika sexier but also deeper as a character. I hope you enjoy this book as much as the first one.
Kay
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Veronika Layne has gotten a bit philosophical, and I liked that, even while she still sniffs out news that has an impact on the living history of her town--this time historic Victorian houses. I love learning about bits of local history I never knew or understood, and Veronika helped again! She is settling in to her corporate newshound role but just a little too obsessed with an absent lover for excitement--I just wanted to shake her sometimes. A sexy TV personality moonlighting as a constructio ...more
A.C. Fuller
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Veronika Layne Has a Nose for the News is a fast, funny adventure starring a sassy reporter who’s like Nancy Drew crossed with Stevie Nicks. She says it best herself: 'I’m a unicorn-loving rainbow warrior, an earth muffin, a bona fide mudraker.' She’s smart, sexy, and socially conscious, but struggles to live up to her own ideals as she pulls on the loose threads of a powerful story in a small California community. I love books about journalists, and Julia Park Tracey has managed to write one wi ...more
M.M.
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Veronika Layne is an independent, opinionated, environmentally-conscious twenty-something journalist who has recently been merged into a large media conglomerate; in the process she has been knocked down the the bottom of the corporate ladder, relegated to covering the fluffiest of fluff pieces. She wants two things out of life: to report real news, and to bask in the affection of her new boyfriend, Aidan.

Too bad that Aidan is flying off to Columbia University to get a Master’s Degree in journal
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!
This is a great book; this is the second book in the Hot Off the Press series by Julia Park Tracey. Veronika Layne is a sassy reporter who is always looking for a story. She is trying to get the scoop on a Hollywood house flipper, a pirate and his treasure. If you are looking for a great fun book then you need to read this book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no
Tanya
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's always great to receive fun new books in the mail for free, it's even better when the book turns out to be a fun, quick read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Veronika Layne. I enjoyed the quick pace of the writing and the sarcastic humor of the lead character. I enjoyed the book so much that I am now off to find book #1.
Rene
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first one, loved this one, looking forward to the third. The author's other books are also well worth reading, but fall into different genres than the Veronika series.
Claudia
Kathy Heare Watts
Janice
Daryl Moad
Sep 07, 2015
You found me! Author, blogger, editrix, journalist, poet...a little bit of all the right ingredients.

Background Check: I'm an award-winning writer, blogger, journalist and poet. I've been a writer all my life. I just finished a three-year term as Poet Laureate of Alameda (city). I've been a newspaper+magazine editor and a freelance writer for years. I currently blog for a book site called All Thin

Hot Off the Press (2 books)
  • Veronika Layne Gets the Scoop (Hot off the Press, #1)