Start by marking “This is Not the End” as Want to Read:
This is Not the End

This is Not the End

James Salley is turning sixteen, and it’s not going well. His family’s too busy to care, the local bully creates new tortures daily, someone appears to be following him, and he’s just learned that he’s the Antichrist.

All James ever wanted out of life was for Dorian Delaney — the operatically trained and suicidal girl of his dreams — to fall as in love with him as he is wit
Published June 14th 2016 by Medallion Press (first published June 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about This is Not the End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is Not the End

Stacy
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC of this book in return for my unbiased opinion.

James Salley has no friends and gets picked on my the school bullies, and on the day of his 16th birthday, not even his parents find the time to celebrate with him. However, the day turns out to be quite memorable when Ezra, the interim school librarian, tells James that he is the "Antichrist" and is destined to usher in the apocalypse. All James wants to do is draw his comics and get Dorian, the girl he has a crush on, to notice h
Geoff Hyatt
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coming-of-age
Basically, The Catcher in the Rye meets The Omen. A dark, funny, and imaginative story about coming of age when faced with a less-than-heroic call to adventure. Sometimes, you don't get picked to be the good guy... and what then?
Nella
Oct 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I am very unimpressed. Didn't know how sick I was of the standard Chosen One story where an average in every way boy gets told by everyone how AWESOME he is (even super powerful angels and demons), even though he never does anything to deserve it and really isn't very awesome at all, and never really grows out of being a whiny not-at-all leadership material guy who objectifies and feels entitled to every girl in sight.

Yeah, that's a thing. The depiction of women entirely rubbed me the wrong way
Suzy
I received this ebook for free from LibraryThing Early Reviewers in exchange for an honest review.

I just finished This is Not the End by Jesse Jordan last night and overall I found it a fun, interesting, and fast read. I liked the voice of James Salley, the main character. It felt real and the types of things that a boy his age would be thinking. HIs foray into romance also felt real and normal...something that would be very easy for teens to relate to. I found myself curious about what would h
Autumn
Apr 05, 2016 marked it as to-read
"With the school librarian pushing him to begin the Apocalypse,"

Oh man, I lol'd at the Kirkus Review of this one. Hope it's as hilarious as it seems.
Paul Spence
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
For most people, turning 16 means getting a driver’s license, going on dates and working tirelessly to keep their skin clear. For James Salley, though, it means coming face to face with the armies of Hell as the newly-anointed Antichrist.

When we first meet James in THIS IS NOT THE END, he is full to bursting with teen angst, standing atop an old water tower and contemplating taking his own life. He’s a social outcast --- partly by choice and partly by circumstance --- with few people to call on
Lynn
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Today’s post is on This Is Not The End by Jesse Jordan. It is 385 pages long and is published by Medallion Press. The cover is white with the title in red and a boy in the corner and his shadow is a demon. The intended reader is young adult, likes end times books, and plot twists. There is very mild sexuality, mild foul language, mild violence in this book. The story is told from third person close of the main character, James. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- James Salley is t
Holliferous
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
The writing style was wonderful. The ending felt a bit rushed but not predictable and satisfying enough while leaving plenty to think on. There were two quotes I'm stealing from it.

Pg 131
If I give you any advice that you here, James, let it be this: do not trust stories. Stories can be very dangerous. Always ask why someone is telling you this story, because often when someone is telling you a story, their ultimate goal is to take a part of their mind and slyly sneak it into your mind. You think
Mrs
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very strange story.
Andy
Aug 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Even with the whole teen boy-turned-Antichrist concept, it was unbelievably boring. No plot at all plus a protagonist I didn't like one bit . I don't know why I even bothered to finish this.
Teenreadsdotcom
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it

Tom Tancredi
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bethany
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I liked it ... I think. I liked it until the end, at least. It went from regular-world to other-world back to regular-world and then it blew up and ended. And, seriously, talk about a deus ex machina--by design. But, yes, I still enjoyed it.

The writing was almost too much in places. It, thankfully, knew when to stop, but it came close on so many pages. I actually enjoyed the footnotes, which were a lot of fun.

Final thought: there was so much lusting over breasts. Was Eliza's cup size really impo
Wendy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, teen
This started well, and I think I may have liked it, but I could not get past the footnotes. Footnotes and I mean lots of them. I kept losing focus on the story because of the constant interruption of having to go down to the bottom of the page to read the footnotes. It was so annoying I soon gave up and dnf at page 75. The story seemed like it could have really gone somewhere good so maybe later on it got better.
Jamison Spencer
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Funny and sad. A fun read that has some weight to it. I would love to read a sequel.
Hector Dario
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book re-imagines what heaven, hell, god and the devil really are and views them through a mind blowing new perspective.
without saying too much this book is an acid trip
Sarai
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I did not finish this book. I read about half of it and nothing much had happened yet. Also, from the book description, I expected it to be funnier than it was.
Annie
Not bad, but it made no sense.
Gary Love
Sep 17, 2016
McKenzie
Mar 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Working Stiff (Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. #5)
  • Stalking the Vampire
  • Abominable Science!: Origins of the Yeti, Nessie, and Other Famous Cryptids
  • boring boring boring boring boring boring boring
  • A Stolen Life
  • Bohemian Girl
  • Lady of Quality / Charity Girl
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 25
  • クイーンズ・クオリティ 2 (Queen's Quality, #2)
  • The Nostalgia Echo
  • Wired
  • Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo #1
  • Midnight’s Descendants: South Asia from Partition to the Present Day
  • Fushigi Yûgi: VizBig Edition, Vol. 3
  • Forget me not: The Story of One Family's Voyage on the Titanic
  • 春待つ僕ら 4 [Haru Matsu Bokura 4] (Waiting for Spring, #4)
  • O My America!: Six Women and Their Second Acts in a New World