Start by marking “Star Trek: Redshirt's Little Book of Doom” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Redshirt's Little Book of Doom

Star Trek: Redshirt's Little Book of Doom

Star Trek: Redshirt's Little Book of Doom casts a wry, satirical, and reverential eye on one of the most popular and well-loved television and film franchises of all time.

It’s common knowledge that if a Star Trek character is wearing a red shirt, chances are he’s going to die. But there are so many other ways red shirt-wearers can be humiliated. By mining the humorous dept
Published July 20th 2016 by Insight Editions

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Redshirts always get the worst of it where no man has gone before! This book looks at the cosmically existential 'culling' that happens to all redshirts - (except Uhura).
Helix
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, star-trek
I don't think this counts as "reading" but mother of god. IT'S SO FUNNY. I won't regret buying this ever. Also Kirk (and Sulu and Chekov) is a jerk. Uhura is so cute! I really love this.
Kevin
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute. Approx 50 illustrations chronicling the mishaps of Redshirt. Many of them Star-Trek themed, but not all. It takes about 10 minutes to look through. It will definitely help if you are Star-Trek literate.
Shawn Manning
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An absolute hoot! This would make an excellent gift for any Trekkie .
Jdetrick
I wanted to like this more than I did. Unfortunately, while a few panels really work, a lot of it doesn't. It's scattered and somewhat haphazard, with few jokes actually being about what happens to red shirts, and many of them barely even being about Star Trek.
Amy Softa
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-paper
This book is adorable! Highly recommended for the Trekkie in your life.

The review on my blog: https://readwhatilike.com/2018/11/10/...
David Devine
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cute
Rex Libris
This book was really, really lame.

In the words of Mike Judge via Butthead, "This sucks more than anything has every sucked before."

I read it with a completely straight face, waiting for some jokes that never came.

The acquisitions librarian who purchased this should apologize to the taxpayers, then commit ritual seppuka before he or she does anything like it again.

Does the author have no friends to tell him it was not funny? Was the editorial staff brain dead?

If they publish this, what is next?
Honesty
Join hapless Redshirt as he encounters Khan, tribbles, the Gorn, and the perils of laundry day.
While I liked Fun with Kirk and Spock a bit better, this is still an enjoyable little book that has grown on me. Any fan of Star Trek: The Original Series is likely to get at least a few chuckles out of it.
Lisa
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This was cute but I thought that it could have been funnier. I was expecting funnier. There was stuff in there that only a Star Trek fan could appreciate.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv_tie-in, comics, present
Very funny, only a few of the comic vignettes could have been culled for lack of humor. The Clue one was a favorite.
Jen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
This one was not nearly as funny as Fun with Kirk and Spock.
The Book Girl (Andrea)
* I rated this book 5 stars originally right after I had read it. I have since changed that rating to 3 stars. If you have no idea what the stars mean please check out my review policy page at the top. Below is an in-depth explanation of the new rating.

Overall I found this to be an adorable little comic book. But honestly, it kinda felt lame. Our fearless red shirt is a tempting to do laundry one day and encounters all the interesting characters and species we love from Star Trek, such as Khan,
T. Blake