Start by marking “The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)

The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  2,115 Ratings  ·  380 Reviews
*Mature Audience Only due to graphic sex and violence, a sexy Alpha Male and language.*

Watch the Wrath unfold! Clubs. Mafia. Drugs. Murder. And the man they all know as Scarface, will leave you guessing in book one of this brand new series...

Eloped at the age of eighteen. Separated at the age of eighteen. Disappeared at the age of eighteen. This is what happened to Calla
Published October 27th 2015 by Kathy Coopmans

To ask other readers questions about The Wrath of Cain, please sign up.

Kathy Coopmans As far as this couple goes... YES. There are three more books in this series where this couple will be pivotal in but their story is complete. I do…moreAs far as this couple goes... YES. There are three more books in this series where this couple will be pivotal in but their story is complete. I do leave a small section at the end of the epilogue about the next couple but not anything to hold someone back from the true meaning of this story.
Thank you for asking.(less)

Fre06 Begum
He F****d another woman to "protect" his wife??? He than for six years continued having sex with that woman and every other women in the club, so he loved his wife so much and was waiting for them to be reunited so to show his love he screwed around! Great way to prove and show your love a*****e!!!
Sabrina
Sep 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
1 'Not for me' Star

Cain and Calla fell in love in High School and thought theirs would be a love that lasted forever. Deciding to make it official, the two get married and plan to start their future together. But the day that should be the happiest day of their lives turns into the worst when Calla catches Cain with another woman only hours after saying "I do."

Six years later Calla returns home, finally ready to face her husband and ask for a divorce. But when she arrives she see's that Cain is
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
So after sleeping on this book and thinking about it today I came with the conclusion "I hate this book!" It was so stupid.

First our Hero is super in love with the heroine. The families hate each other. Real Shakespeare shit here. H is nothing like his corrupted father, he plans to be with h forever and become a cop. However! Wait for it. The day he marries the love of his life. Marries her. You know for better or worse. His dad pulls aside his son and whispers in his ear all the bullcrap he's i
Leonor
Oct 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF!!! This book is horrible this guy cheated on her on their wedding day and tells her that he had to do it because her life was in danger. totally bullshit I don't know why authors think it's alright to write about cheating. I wish I could get my money back
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
DNF at 55%

Nope. Just nope. Didn't like the story, characters, everything.

Purchased
Paige
3.5 "Twisty" Stars

The description of this book had me hook, line and sinker. I devoured this baby. Deliciously angsty. Tons of twists and crazy turns. Cain and Calla's love story spans a lot of years, tears and fears but in the end, true love and devotion won out.

Cain and Calla secretly date through high school. Their families don't get along and actively dislike one another. Neither family would be happy that Cain and Calla were seriously in a relationship. When they turned 18 and graduated hi
Carissa
Initially the synopsis drew into reading this book. Then when I saw the series was a Syndicate, I thought hell yeah!!! Some bad ass sons of bitches. Mob, gangsters, death, hitmen, brutality, women. etc etc. So of course happy dance. Reading through the book and at it's conclusion, I became perturbed over the entirety of it. So here goes it.

Love should never hurt, damnit. It's one of the few things in life that are free.

This is the story of star crossed lovers who come from even more criminally
Bev
I don't know how I even managed to get to 58%, but I'm out. I can't being doing with 3 year old whack jobs posing as adults, fighting, screaming, lying, etc. Ugh it got beyond ridiculous and I'm D.O.N.E.
Beth
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Where Have You Been Stars
or
4.5 Hiding in Canada Stars

I don't have any tattoos. I am neither brave enough or cool enough. But I know lots of people with tattoos. But none there. I mean talk about a big owie.

Calla and Cain are young and in love. And in true Romeo and Juliet fashion, their parents are against them. So using all brains a pair of 18 year old possess, they run off and get married. That has to work, right? Not so much.

I don't do spoilers so I won't tell you the ins and outs of it
Three Chicks
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Review by Jen Hagen

“I love you. Just remember that and everything will be fine.”

If you’re going to hear your husband speak his last words to you, at least it’s something heartwarming. Calla and Cain’s wedding day has to go down in the books as one of the worst wedding days ever. One minute you’re married, the next you’ve left your husband to break the news to his father, and
BAM! You are now an estranged couple.

Calla and Cain married young at 18 years and their parents were not thrille
Lani
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
This story could have been so much better! The synopsis got me interested enough to buy it but the main character was such a push over. Cain was a complete asshole to her over & over & she took it. He cheats on her " to keep her safe" & within hours of when she comes home (6 years later) she is already forgiving him. Possibly spoilers ahead everyone... Cheating on calla made absolutely no sense & to keep emerald around the entire 6 years they were apart & continue sleeping wi ...more
Pam Nelson
3.5 Wrath of Cain Stars

I probably would have rated this higher it there was so much unnecessary drama or a lot of repetitive speak/thoughts, I found my mind wandering. Especially in the first half of the book.
Near the second half is where I really got in to the story and then was invested in the characters.

Cain was a mystery but he put his heart on the line for Calla. He tried to be all tough be alpha you women but she totally put the kibosh on that haha. I love that she never took any grief f
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Sexy and intriguing! This book had action, danger and sizzling romance.
Cain and Calla are young and in love. Their wedding happens in a flash and they are happy until their families get in the way.
Cain must protect Calla and there is only one way for that; he needs to hurt her the night of their wedding.
Calla flees. She grows up and when she returns to Cain and his MC she only wants one thing: A divorce.
Secrets have thrown them apart but will the truth pull them back together?
I liked the plot bu
Amy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Wrath Of Cain (The Syndicate #1)
Kathy Coopmans
5 absolutely brilliant stars

How many times can I click that 5 star button cause I need to ....

This is so juicy good I cant even stand it. Drugs, Murder, Suspense, mafia, gun running, MC, bad ass women, and scrumptious men … YES please and thank yooouuuuu! Kathy I need to hug and squeeze you. This book has all my favorite yummies wrapped up in a tight exhilarating package.

Callas dreams are with Cain and being a lawyer. Cain’s life is wrapped arou
Sheila
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT BOOK!!! I couldn't put it down and when it was finished I was left wanting more.

Cain and Calla's story began full of innocence and hope but was quickly overrun and shattered by betrayal, heartbreak, loneliness, despair, and danger. The path to rebuild what they once had into something even stronger and solid enough to survive any storm was a rocky one.

Calla learned that nothing about her life was what she had always thought it was, and no one in it was who she knew them to be. While s
Ashley ❅ Sanaa's Book Blog ❅
The writing was just really hard to get past... The premise at first was intriguing but the actual layout was poorly executed. I found that the reasoning for their entire relationship ending at first but ridiculous. One of my biggest pet peeves is LACK OF COMMUNICATION. I can't stand when people make life altering decisions without actually considering the other person first. Not everyone is fragile.
Queen Bee
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, mafia
Five Stars- I received an ARC for an honest review of The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate #1) by Kathy Coopmans

The twists and turns of this book kept me interested and wanting more! The secrets, excitement and sex scenes were stimulating. This love story demonstrated not only how naive young love is, but how far people will go to sacrifice for those they truly love. I can't wait for the next book!

Kim  Brewing
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked this book on a whim. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. There is a lot going on behind the scenes of Calla's life. Read this to find out what. What a ride.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Well damn, I have to read this for the simple fact I grew up in Windsor!
Bella
Nov 02, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50%

I tried, I really did. But this book was shit.

Here's a list of the things that made me hate it - Enjoy!
(view spoiler)
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This story was full of surprises. Right when we got one question answered another one popped up. This story had it all: suspense, MC, mafia, drug dealing, gun running, strong female characters and yummy, badass, alpha men.

Not gonna lie, when I first started the book I wanted to put it down. I was put off with the whole teenage love is all we need storyline but then the story skipped ahead 6 years making it all worth it. Cain and Calla fell in love as teenagers and knew they wanted to be togethe
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
*Makes the happy dance* YES YES!!

The Wrath of Cain is on my effing kindle! No idea what I'm talking about? Well, I signed up to read this book because of 4 important key words: CLUBS, MAFIA, DRUGS, & MURDER....

How could I not ;) ?!? It releases Oct 27 and I'm pretty sure it'll be frigging awesome - read the blurb and don't forget to pre-order it ➜➜ http://amzn.to/1Li1pal
R
This is my kind of book, Cain, I love you, and yes you were a stupid dumb ass and no one had your back for good advice but it really was wasn't it. I love the twist that was what makes books worth mentioning in a conversation. Great job
Cocktails and Books
An MC/Mafia crossover storyline. That was something I wasn't expecting. Review to come.
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: The Wrath of Cain
Author: Kathy Coopmans
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Suspense, New Adult
Series or Standalone: Series (The Syndicate #1)
Rating: ★★★★

Review

description

One of the first things I noticed about this book was that it isn’t your typical MC read. There are quite a few things about it that remind me of other books of that nature that I’ve read, but it stood out because of another element added to it.

The mob/mafia angle is brought into this quite early on and becomes an integral part, even goin
Amy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

“How can you feel a pull so strongly towards someone when in reality you never knew them at all? How can you love someone so much after being separated for as long as we have, and at the same time want to gouge their eyes out? It’s a riddle I will never be able to solve. A puzzle that will always be missing that last piece no matter how hard I try to find it.”

Wrath of Cain is my first book by Kathy Coopmans, and let me tell you, she has blown me away. This book is intens
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

When I saw that Wrath Of Cain takes place in Detroit, I immediately signed up. Why? Well if you didn’t know already, I am from Detroit so I got to support the books about my city. The fact that it was an MC and Mafia book, well that was just the icing on the cake for this book whore.

I was immediately sucked in after only a couple of sentences. I wanted to beat the holy hell out of Cain, and I kind of wanted to slap Calla as well for not standing up for he
The Smutbrarians
Value - 4
Overall - 4
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Ladyballs

Was pleasantly surprised once the story took off. While at one point it did seem the situation may be far fetched, I was so into the storyline that it honestly didnt bother me at all.

Calla and Cain. Young and in love but as were Romeo and Juliet, they too are forbidden by both sets of parents to be together. For two years, the pair sneak around and finally elope. But as fate would have the th
***Cheryl***
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this MC/ Mafia read.

The story is about Cain and Calla. The story begins with getting married the 18 and them telling each of there families there good news, however shortly after their wedding Calla catch's Cain with another woman and disappears. But is everything as it seems? Calla then returns and she wants to free and she wants a divorce. However once Calla walks back into Cain's life he refuses to loose her again and there is also the fact that so many things have
Brenda
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Cain and Calla's story

So the story follows the two main characters married and then. boom
He cheat on her and she run away. But after six years she is finnaly ready to
finish this chapter in her life and follow her dreams....

Cain is a son of gansgter and he wanted to be a cop, but this change after
some rivalry with other gang. I really like the first part of the book.
Cain care about Calla and watch over her during this time apart ann now
that their life are in danger andeven don't expalin to he
Signed Book (and Swag) Auction! 1 1 Oct 01, 2017 05:31PM
  • UnLove Me  (Angels Warriors MC Trilogy #1-3)
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Mutual Consent
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Trapped with the Alpha
  • My Werewolf Professor 2 (Belonging to Alessandro Moretti, #2)
  • Playing Pretend
  • The Letter
  • ZEKE (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #3)
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • The Duke's Double (Lords of Love)
  • Courting His Countess
  • Unforgettable: Book Two (A Hollywood Love Story, #2)
  • The Hottie Next Door: Good Girls Don't / Drop Dead Sexy / Virgin Seeks Bad-Ass Boy
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • Tempting Eden
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
USA Today Best Selling Author
More about Kathy Coopmans...

The Syndicate (5 books)
  • The Redemption of Roan (The Syndicate, #2)
  • The Absolution of Aidan (The Syndicate #3)
  • The Deliverance of Dilan (The Syndicate #4)
  • Empire  (The Syndicate #5)
“You are not leaving here. You will shut your fucking mouth. This isn’t high school or college or even fucking Disney World. This is my club, my house, and my goddamned rules. You will stay in my house, you will do what I say, and you will sleep in my fucking bed. When I decide to fill you in on more, I will, but until I do, you will stay right the fuck here! Now, do I make myself clear? Because I’ve got shit to do, and even though this was a pleasant surprise, I was in the middle of a meeting I need to finish.” 0 likes