Start by marking “The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)

The Wrath of Cain

(The Syndicate #1)

*Mature Audience Only due to graphic sex and violence, a sexy Alpha Male and language.*

Watch the Wrath unfold! Clubs. Mafia. Drugs. Murder. And the man they all know as Scarface, will leave you guessing in book one of this brand new series...

Eloped at the age of eighteen. Separated at the age of eighteen. Disappeared at the age of eighteen. This is what happened to Calla
Published October 27th 2015 by Kathy Coopmans

To ask other readers questions about The Wrath of Cain, please sign up.
Kathy Coopmans As far as this couple goes... YES. There are three more books in this series where this couple will be pivotal in but their story is complete. I do…moreAs far as this couple goes... YES. There are three more books in this series where this couple will be pivotal in but their story is complete. I do leave a small section at the end of the epilogue about the next couple but not anything to hold someone back from the true meaning of this story.
Thank you for asking.(less)
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensArsen by Mia AsherCome Undone by Jessica HawkinsThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleThe Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
Cheaters
439 books — 803 voters
Hollow Hearts by Anne MalcomBeautiful Biker Books 1,2,3 Box Set by D.D. PrincePaladin's Hell by Manda MellettMaddox by Megan O'BrienRyker by Megan O'Brien
MC
92 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Fre06 Begum
He F****d another woman to "protect" his wife??? He than for six years continued having sex with that woman and every other women in the club, so he loved his wife so much and was waiting for them to be reunited so to show his love he screwed around! Great way to prove and show your love a*****e!!!
Sabrina
Sep 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
1 'Not for me' Star

Cain and Calla fell in love in High School and thought theirs would be a love that lasted forever. Deciding to make it official, the two get married and plan to start their future together. But the day that should be the happiest day of their lives turns into the worst when Calla catches Cain with another woman only hours after saying "I do."

Six years later Calla returns home, finally ready to face her husband and ask for a divorce. But when she arrives she see's that Cain is
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Oct 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF!!! This book is horrible this guy cheated on her on their wedding day and tells her that he had to do it because her life was in danger. totally bullshit I don't know why authors think it's alright to write about cheating. I wish I could get my money back
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
So after sleeping on this book and thinking about it today I came with the conclusion "I hate this book!" It was so stupid.

First our Hero is super in love with the heroine. The families hate each other. Real Shakespeare shit here. H is nothing like his corrupted father, he plans to be with h forever and become a cop. However! Wait for it. The day he marries the love of his life. Marries her. You know for better or worse. His dad pulls aside his son and whispers in his ear all the bullcrap he's i
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Oct 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kathy-coopmans, dnf, 2015
DNF at 55%

Nope. Just nope. Didn't like the story, characters, everything.

Purchased
Paige
3.5 "Twisty" Stars

The description of this book had me hook, line and sinker. I devoured this baby. Deliciously angsty. Tons of twists and crazy turns. Cain and Calla's love story spans a lot of years, tears and fears but in the end, true love and devotion won out.

Cain and Calla secretly date through high school. Their families don't get along and actively dislike one another. Neither family would be happy that Cain and Calla were seriously in a relationship. When they turned 18 and graduated hi
Carissa
Initially the synopsis drew into reading this book. Then when I saw the series was a Syndicate, I thought hell yeah!!! Some bad ass sons of bitches. Mob, gangsters, death, hitmen, brutality, women. etc etc. So of course happy dance. Reading through the book and at it's conclusion, I became perturbed over the entirety of it. So here goes it.

Love should never hurt, damnit. It's one of the few things in life that are free.

This is the story of star crossed lovers who come from even more criminally
PointedlyBlunt
“Oh shit, the woman I love beyond all reason is in danger. Should I be honest and tell her what’s going on and give her the opportunity to have a hand in a decision that’ll affect her life completely? Or should I make sure she catches me f*&king another woman right after our wedding? Yeah, that’s a winning idea, I’ll do that. Then, when she shows up six years from now demanding a divorce, I’ll refuse because even though I’ve slept with countless women, she still belongs to me. I don’t care i ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
What can I say? I thought this book was adorable. I'm not sure why I think that amidst the drama, murder and mayhem, but that's the descriptor that came to my mind.

There was cheating. Sorry for spoiling it for those of you who didn't know. However, there were circumstances behind the cheating that make it a bit more... palatable. I'm lying. The reasons made me hate Cain less, but I think there were other ways to get the point across. Then again, he was 18yo at the time. His faculties may not hav
Bev
I don't know how I even managed to get to 58%, but I'm out. I can't being doing with 3 year old whack jobs posing as adults, fighting, screaming, lying, etc. Ugh it got beyond ridiculous and I'm D.O.N.E.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Well, shit.

This book didn’t start that good for me—I hated Cain, he was an asshole but one I ended up liking, LOL!!

Loved all the turns and twists the author delivered. I will have my full review soon. Diving into the next book right meow!
Beth
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Where Have You Been Stars
or
4.5 Hiding in Canada Stars

I don't have any tattoos. I am neither brave enough or cool enough. But I know lots of people with tattoos. But none there. I mean talk about a big owie.

Calla and Cain are young and in love. And in true Romeo and Juliet fashion, their parents are against them. So using all brains a pair of 18 year old possess, they run off and get married. That has to work, right? Not so much.

I don't do spoilers so I won't tell you the ins and outs of it
Lani
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
This story could have been so much better! The synopsis got me interested enough to buy it but the main character was such a push over. Cain was a complete asshole to her over & over & she took it. He cheats on her " to keep her safe" & within hours of when she comes home (6 years later) she is already forgiving him. Possibly spoilers ahead everyone... Cheating on calla made absolutely no sense & to keep emerald around the entire 6 years they were apart & continue sleeping wi ...more
Three Chicks
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Review by Jen Hagen

“I love you. Just remember that and everything will be fine.”

If you’re going to hear your husband speak his last words to you, at least it’s something heartwarming. Calla and Cain’s wedding day has to go down in the books as one of the worst wedding days ever. One minute you’re married, the next you’ve left your husband to break the news to his father, and
BAM! You are now an estranged couple.

Calla and Cain married young at 18 years and their parents were not thrille
Maria Kramer
Aug 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
The hero slept around with other women too much while he was separated from the heroine and I didn't know this would be a biker club romance. I am fed up of MC roms. The hero also tattoed his penis with a flower symbol for the heroine, to prove how much he loves her. That was the same penis he used to sleep around with all the other women in the club. I don't know if I will continue with this series.
Bella
Nov 02, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50%

I tried, I really did. But this book was shit.

Here's a list of the things that made me hate it - Enjoy!
(view spoiler)
Megpie
Another DNF.

First the writing wasn't very good, especially in the beginning, it felt choppy. Though I will admit it did tend to get a little bit better once the story moved into the middle... but not by much.

The heroine is horrible and one of those main leads that "hates" the hero and yet can't help but fall to her knees in lust. This annoys the shit out of me. Girl, make him work for it and make him grovel! Instead the heroine sticks to her guns for like 2 seconds until the hero gets close to
Pam Nelson
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Wrath of Cain Stars

I probably would have rated this higher it there was so much unnecessary drama or a lot of repetitive speak/thoughts, I found my mind wandering. Especially in the first half of the book.
Near the second half is where I really got in to the story and then was invested in the characters.

Cain was a mystery but he put his heart on the line for Calla. He tried to be all tough be alpha you women but she totally put the kibosh on that haha. I love that she never took any grief f
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Sexy and intriguing! This book had action, danger and sizzling romance.
Cain and Calla are young and in love. Their wedding happens in a flash and they are happy until their families get in the way.
Cain must protect Calla and there is only one way for that; he needs to hurt her the night of their wedding.
Calla flees. She grows up and when she returns to Cain and his MC she only wants one thing: A divorce.
Secrets have thrown them apart but will the truth pull them back together?
I liked the plot bu
Amy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Wrath Of Cain (The Syndicate #1)
Kathy Coopmans
5 absolutely brilliant stars

How many times can I click that 5 star button cause I need to ....

This is so juicy good I cant even stand it. Drugs, Murder, Suspense, mafia, gun running, MC, bad ass women, and scrumptious men … YES please and thank yooouuuuu! Kathy I need to hug and squeeze you. This book has all my favorite yummies wrapped up in a tight exhilarating package.

Callas dreams are with Cain and being a lawyer. Cain’s life is wrapped arou
Sheila
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT BOOK!!! I couldn't put it down and when it was finished I was left wanting more.

Cain and Calla's story began full of innocence and hope but was quickly overrun and shattered by betrayal, heartbreak, loneliness, despair, and danger. The path to rebuild what they once had into something even stronger and solid enough to survive any storm was a rocky one.

Calla learned that nothing about her life was what she had always thought it was, and no one in it was who she knew them to be. While s
Queen Bee
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, favorite
Five Stars- I received an ARC for an honest review of The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate #1) by Kathy Coopmans

The twists and turns of this book kept me interested and wanting more! The secrets, excitement and sex scenes were stimulating. This love story demonstrated not only how naive young love is, but how far people will go to sacrifice for those they truly love. I can't wait for the next book!

ASHLAYANNE
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
The writing was just really hard to get past... The premise at first was intriguing but the actual layout was poorly executed. I found that the reasoning for their entire relationship ending at first but ridiculous. One of my biggest pet peeves is LACK OF COMMUNICATION. I can't stand when people make life altering decisions without actually considering the other person first. Not everyone is fragile.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 07, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance
Well damn, I have to read this for the simple fact I grew up in Windsor!
Kim  Brewing
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked this book on a whim. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. There is a lot going on behind the scenes of Calla's life. Read this to find out what. What a ride.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This story was full of surprises. Right when we got one question answered another one popped up. This story had it all: suspense, MC, mafia, drug dealing, gun running, strong female characters and yummy, badass, alpha men.

Not gonna lie, when I first started the book I wanted to put it down. I was put off with the whole teenage love is all we need storyline but then the story skipped ahead 6 years making it all worth it. Cain and Calla fell in love as teenagers and knew they wanted to be togethe
Kathy Redman
Jan 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

I did not like Cain at all. He betrays Calla in the worst possible way on their wedding day and claims that his actions were to protect his " wife." Give me a break! The same woman that she caught in in bed with is there six years later when she returns home for Cain to sign the divorce papers.

I thought that Calla was going to have a backbone. When she first returned, she was filled with righteous anger and rightly so, but she does a 360 degree turn around. She is weak and follows Ca
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
*Makes the happy dance* YES YES!!

The Wrath of Cain is on my effing kindle! No idea what I'm talking about? Well, I signed up to read this book because of 4 important key words: CLUBS, MAFIA, DRUGS, & MURDER....

How could I not ;) ?!? It releases Oct 27 and I'm pretty sure it'll be frigging awesome - read the blurb and don't forget to pre-order it ➜➜ http://amzn.to/1Li1pal
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
The book had so much potental yet it turned predictable and boring after a couple of pages.
The heroine came off so strong pulling up to the compound and then turned into a whiny little bitch not even 20 minutes later. The hero a MC prez seemed bipolar as much as the ehiny heroine.
Wasted a day reading this.
Signed Book (and Swag) Auction! 1 2 Oct 01, 2017 05:31PM

• UnLove Me  (Angels Warriors MC Trilogy #1-3)
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • Mutual Consent
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Trapped with the Alpha (Balfour Shifters, #1)
  • Truck Stop Tango
  • My Werewolf Professor 2 (Belonging to Alessandro Moretti, #2)
  • DILF
  • The Letter
  • Angels and Ashes (Heaven's Rejects MC, #2)
  • The Duke's Double (Lords of Love)
  • Distracting the Duke (Wayward in Wessex #1)
  • The Hottie Next Door: Good Girls Don't / Drop Dead Sexy / Virgin Seeks Bad-Ass Boy
  • Visibly Broken
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • Homeplace
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

The Syndicate (6 books)
  • The Redemption of Roan (The Syndicate, #2)
  • The Absolution of Aidan (The Syndicate #3)
  • The Deliverance of Dilan (The Syndicate #4)
  • Empire  (The Syndicate #5)
  • The Syndicate Series Boxset
“You are not leaving here. You will shut your fucking mouth. This isn’t high school or college or even fucking Disney World. This is my club, my house, and my goddamned rules. You will stay in my house, you will do what I say, and you will sleep in my fucking bed. When I decide to fill you in on more, I will, but until I do, you will stay right the fuck here! Now, do I make myself clear? Because I’ve got shit to do, and even though this was a pleasant surprise, I was in the middle of a meeting I need to finish.” 0 likes