Start by marking “Murder at the Cooking School (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Murder at the Cooking School (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #7)

Murder at the Cooking School

(Cedar Bay Mystery #7)

Cooking is nourishing. Murder isn’t. Kelly and her husband, Sheriff Mike, take a belated honeymoon and travel to a cooking school at the Castello di Nardo in Tuscany. The day after they arrive, they learn that Signora Nardo, the owner of the cooking school, has been murdered.

The Signora had her share of people who would like to see the first lady of the castle dead, incl
Published August 29th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the Cooking School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the Cooking School

Lynne
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the most recent Cedar Bay cozy that I read. Unfortunately it followed Dianne Harman's Coyote series that I really didn't care for. This book used some of the same names as the Coyote series. I suppose it isn't easy to come up with character names, but reading them so close together actually became somewhat confusing when I started -- at least until I realized why the names were sounding familiar.

In general, I like this type of book. This was a light read with some mystery as well a fore
Dharia Scarab
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Again the author mixed in the point of view of all the people that hate the murder victim prior to the death.

While slightly less annoying than books 3 and 6, I still dislike the switch in writing styles and wish she would return to her original style.
Carol Mello
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Kelly gets in trouble again, this novel is beyond belief

These novels are about Kelly, a woman with a coffee shop on the coast of Oregon, and her husband, Mike, who is a sheriff in Oregon.

It is amazing how much Kelly lies to her husband Mike about not getting involved in his cases. In this book she does it over and over again. The story in this book really stretched the concepts of coincidence (Kelly is extremely lucky) and conscience (Kelly's conscience never bothers her at all, she lies like a
Linda Burson
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The writing is good. The mystery is a cozy fun read mostly because it's in Italy and I love Italy. The depth of the story would be a two-star for me; however the recipes pushed it up to a three-star.

From reading other reviews, I see that the couple in this book is a part of a series and has other novels with them as the leading characters. This is fine; but even though this book can stand alone, there must be things about these characters I do not know from reading only this book because their
Teri Miller
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I can't believe I read the whole thing.

The characters are stiff, the conversation is stilted (who talks like that?), there is no way to differentiate between characters, they all talk with the same voice. There is no action, no tension, no drama, there certainly was no mystery. The murderer said they were going to do it in the first few chapters. And don't get me started on the typos and editing errors. People names change from one sentence to the next.

I gave 3 stars because I liked the dog.
Reader43
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A trip to Italy and another case

Another cozy mystery, this one in Italy. A death takes place during the week of Italian cooking classes. Several suspects appear and either stays or disappears. Fun recipes included, sounds so delicious! For anyone loving cozy mysteries, Italian references and recipes, and twists for resolution.
Melissa Walker
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delayed honeymoon and a murder mystery

Descriptions of the location were quite detailed. The mystery was interesting, and there was even a dog following Kelly around. Very entertaining.
Elizabeth Evans
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I love Caesar too! Great Honeymoon for Kelly and Mike.. To find a dead body and get involved solving the mystery while in Italy! Great story and I enjoy her love for animals And of course mikes love for them too!
Sally Hannoush
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book seven of the series but the first one I've read. It is light and fun for a murder mystery. Recipes are included. I wanted to do everything they did in Italy minus the murder part! I've added new things to my bucket list. It's great for a one sitting read!
Karin
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone hated her. But who was willing and able to actually do it? I must admit that I didn’t catch on until near the end! Thank goodness for Caesar!!! Kelly is really going to get into trouble some time, isn’t she? I really enjoyed the story and recommend the book and the recipes.
Pamela
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My introduction to Kelly and Mike

A true cozy formula, smart, interesting characters, and intriguing murder mystery to solve. In enjoyed the I enter action among the characters. Ms Harman enjoys her craft and it shows in her books. Definitely will read more from Ms Harman.
Janet L.
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good cozy mystery in this series. On to the next one.......
Stephen
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Series is a great read, entertaining and it does hold your interest. A little small but still very good. Very easy to read in one sitting. Great reading everyone!
Jane
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
If I didn't like the main characters, I'd not continue with the series. Writing is mediocre and prescribes to fit a formula each and every book. No true character development which, I keep hoping would happen at some point. They are quick and easy and a tad annoying. 5 possible suspects. Explaining in detail by main characters, common knowledge information or things that did not need to be 'conversation'. Character conversation is very formal and not believable. Yet, I keep coming back in hopes. ...more
Sharon
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and cozy read.
P.S. Winn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I am going with a three star on this book, I think the author's writing style is actually a 4 star. I think the book which is a mystery suspense is a great one to grab for a cozy, quick read and a great way to get lost for a few hours. Kelly and her husband Mike appear in quite a few books in this author's series. This time they are caught up in yet another mystery and readers also get to enjoy some shared recipes at the end of the story.
Judy Tucker
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cooking on murder

Intriguing read with lots of twist and turns. You keep guessing up till the end. Love characters and great food. Makes you want to travel and try the cooking school out.
Ellen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book .

Really a good story . Glad I read it . Suspenseful , without being scary...ended nicely . Read it, you won't be sorry .
Doward Wilson
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelly owns Kelly's Koffe Shop in Beaver County, Oregon and her husband Mike is the sheriff. They are on a delayed honeymoon, at a cooking school class outside Florence, Italy. Kelly is taking the class and Mike is observing. The Nardo family's castle and estate are home to both the cooking school, a boutique hotel and a world famous olive oil vineyard. On the first day of class it is discovered that Signora Nardo is dead and possible a murder victim. The local detective enlists Mike's help since ...more
Michele
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelly and her husband never quite got to go on a honeymoon and finally they are going--To Italy-To a Cooking School where Kelly is hoping to pick up some pointers on how to create some new dishes for Kelly's Koffee Shop. She really did learn to whip up some temptingly delicious recipes some of which you will at the back of the book--but the owner of the cooking school is murdered and Kelly just happens to be around to pick up on clues much to Mike's and the police chiefs distress.

There are five
Barb
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kelly and her husband take a honeymoon in Italy and book themselves into a 3 day cooking school at an amazing old world castle near Florence. Unfortunately, on their first night Signora Nardo, the owner of the castle/resort/cooking school is murdered and Kelly's husband Mike, a sheriff back home, is recruited to aid the local officials. While Kelly is learning how to whip up fabulous Italian cuisine, she overhears many a conversation not meant for her ears. (No one there knows she speaks fluent ...more
Lori
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Another quick, fun, light murder mystery.
Entertaining and enjoyable.

While the book is part of a series all of the books can be read as stand alone.
Everything you need to know is spelled out clearly.

Mike and Kelly are in Italy this time around, on a belated honeymoon. They are quickly sidetracked when Signora Nardo is murdered. Thus begins a new
adventure to discover who committed murder. There are no shortage of suspects and it's a bit harder this time to figure out who did the deed.

Love t
April
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

This is the latest installment in Kelly and Mike's story. Seldom do I like books set in foreign countries, especially places I will never

visit. I wasn't sure what to think about cooking school as a place for their honeymoon .As always, Kelly cannot keep her nose out of police

business related to murder. Mike is helping the Italian police on solving the sa
Marissa
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

In book 7, Kelly and Mike are finally on their delayed honeymoon to Castello di Nardo a cooking school in Tuscany. Things do not go as plan when the owner is found murder the next day.

The suspects include her husband, her brother, her lover, her lover’s wife, her sister-in-law another cooking school rival among the suspects. Each thinking that they have the castle to gain but not really.

While Kelly continues taking the cooking classes, Sheriff Mike finds himself helping th
Sharon Kennedy
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is the 5th or 6th story in this series, and it's going to be the last, as I'm increasingly irritated with the main character. I realise that there has to be some leeway with the character's actions, because otherwise there wouldn't be a story, but she is coming across as increasingly childish - crossing her fingers behind her back so that a promise won't hold and believing that her actions were all ok, as it achieved the desired results, while she promptly ignored everyone's advice and blun ...more
Frush Assoc:Nadine M. Frush
Sep 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
One of the worse

Terrible dialogue, poor plot structure and weak grammar describes this book. I couldn't get over the turgid, boorish, stilted dialogue that would lead the reader by the throat thru the book. There were several incidents of poor grammar. Additionally, when a writer chooses a location such as Italy, and a topic such as gourmet dining, she should make the extra effort to describe the moments as to leave the reader salivating. And finally, Harmon added some philosophical, metaphysica
Robyn
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelly and Mike go to Italy and have a combined honeymoon and cooking school adventure. Kelly learns a lot about Italian cooking and she plans on putting new items on her menu at her coffee shop when they get back home. When someone is murdered, Mike, who is a sheriff in The United States, offers his help in solving the murder and his help is accepted and appreciated. The person who is murdered had a dog that gets along with Kelly and becomes her companion when she's not at the cooking school sin ...more
Marcella
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
There was just too much "just happened" situations in this book for my taste. Just how often can the reader believe that the main character "happens" to overhear an incrementing conversation, speaks Italian, bonds with a strange dog to the point where the dog saves her life, and can break and enter the victims office without recourse. Just too much. A positive perspective of the book can be that the recipes sound delicious. I won't be eager to read more by this author.
Annie Cheviron
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, I like the story line pretty well, but I am already tired of leading lady's 'lying' so easily to her husband. Crossing her fingers so it isn't a lie? Really? Getting into dangerous situations after being asked or warned not to do so? I may delete the rest of the books I bought, or keep them and send them to my sister, who reads harlaquin type books.
My advice, if wanted; Fix it or Forget it!
Tere Fredericks
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I Gained at Least Ten Pounds

Mike and Kelly go to Tuscany for their long delayed honeymoon. Kelly and Mike were going to cook together. No murders, no drama, just a delayed honeymoon. You did see the part about Mike and Kelly, right? After that, the recipes look terrific. I only wish the wine choices would have been included.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Death Pays a Visit (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #7)
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • A Cup of Murder (A Roasted Love Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder in Provence (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #3)
  • A Friend of Silence (Roger and Bess Mystery #1)
  • Cupcakes and Murder (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #5)
  • In Search of A Revolution
  • Some Act of Vision
  • Depth of Field (Makayla Rose Mystery #1)
  • Death by Betrayal (Caribbean Murder, #10)
  • Stolen Gifts (Gifts Series, #1)
  • A Saucy Murder (Sonoma Wine Country Cozy Mysteries, #2)
  • Cloud Riders (Cloud Riders #1)
  • Dark Sky at Dawn
  • Hot Sinatra
  • An Uncommon Family (Family Portrait, #1)
  • The Cistern
  • The Emperor's Agent (Numinous World, #5)

Cedar Bay Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kelly's Koffee Shop (Cedar Bay Mystery #1)
  • Murder at Jade Cove (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #2)
  • White Cloud Retreat (Cedar Bay Mystery #3)
  • Marriage & Murder (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Murder in the Pearl District (Cedar Bay Mystery #5)
  • Murder in Calico Gold (Cedar Bay Mystery #6)
  • Murder in Cuba (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #8)
  • Trouble at the Kennel (Cedar Bay Mystery #9)
  • Trouble at the Animal Shelter (Cedar Bay Mystery #10)
  • Murder on the East Coast (Cedar Bay Mystery #11)