Start by marking “Drivers” as Want to Read:
Drivers

Drivers

What would you do if someone offered you a great job with a company car, an expense account and the chance to drive the girl of your dreams around all day? You'd bite their hand off, right? What if the guy offering the job is a violent gangster and the girl of your dreams is his only daughter? Still keen?

Ross Fleming decides to take the job but his dreams turn to nightmar
Published (first published May 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Drivers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drivers

Samantha Curtis
Another new author for me and I was not disappointed.

Really did enjoy it gangsta style lol
David Clarkson
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book whilst browsing the free section of the Kindle store. I read the sample and thought it was well written so I decided to give it a go. I was not disappointed.

The novel alternates very smoothly between the present day story of Ross, a down on his luck kid who takes a job as chauffeur for a Glasgow gang boss, and flashbacks that chronicle the rise from small time henchman to the very top of the criminal food chain for Ross' new employer, Tommy.

The writing is lean yet descrip
Neil
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carroll does something pretty brave – he starts out with Scottish fiction with a dash of Tartan Noir, blends in a sprinkle of Breaking Bad, takes us on a rollercoaster ride through Glasgow’s gangland, and never gives in to conventional story-telling. With more energy than a can of fortified Irn Bru, it’s a tangled love story and a warped morality tale, and never short of twists and turns. Carroll is a great example of an indie author who’s fizzing with ideas and not afraid to be bold in a book m ...more
Joe Stamber
Drivers is a quick and reasonably entertaining read about gangsters in Scotland and how a young man without much of a future, Ross, gets involved with them. The storyline jumps about between characters, revealing their own part in the story, and it turns out that everyone is connected to everyone else somehow. There are a few unsavoury characters who cross and double cross each other with several outbreaks of violence to settle things. No particularly memorable, but a decent effort.
Ted Tayler
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Gritty Glasgow thriller”

Glasgow; where hard men are made from girders.
Somehow believable throughout despite the extreme methods of exacting revenge. Which makes it even more chilling.
More please Mr. Carroll.
I loved it.
Stephanie
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick crime noir read. Interesting use if flashbacks to provide entire backstory for current characters!
Calzean
A bad guy in Glasgow double crosses another bad guy who eventually gets double crossed by the one he least expects it from. In the middle is the innocent Ross who thinks the girl of his dreams is in love with him. A good book to read on a plane.
Kerry Gibson
Jan 08, 2016
Hayley Peart
May 06, 2016
Jason
rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2015
Oct 06, 2014
Robert Ashford
Oct 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm a Scottish person, married, with one daughter and currently living in Dunblane, Scotland.

I've written seven novels, so far: mostly crime fiction. The DI Adam Stark series has four books out now and a fifth under construction. There are a couple of standalone crime novels and a post-apocalyptic, Scottish horror. They should all be listed below. My main literary influences are Irvine Welsh, Chr