Start by marking “Amber Sky” as Want to Read:
Amber Sky

Amber Sky

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes AMBER SKY, the haunting, atmospheric love story of Walker Ainsley and Cassidy O'Connor.

A devastating car crash leaves Cassidy O'Connor stranded in rural Pennsylvania. Her only company is Walker Ainsley, the rugged, handsome man who saved her from the wreckage and took her into his home. But when her ride back to town
266 pages
Published October 18th 2019 by Gloss Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Amber Sky, please sign up.

Start your review of Amber Sky
Debbie Oliphant
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an intense story that moves quickly beginning with the first chapter. You know something big is coming with the flashbacks woven into the storyline. And it is big!! This had a unique twist and well worth the read.
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Every now and then, I read a book that sucks me in and doesn't allow me to put it down. Not just because the characters are dynamic and the plotline is interesting and gripping but because of the feel of the book.  When a writer can make you feel their character's anxiety, fear, hope, when they can make the story play out like a movie in your head then you know you have a great book in your hands.  Amber Sky is that type of book.

Told entirely in the POV of Cassidy O'Conner as she deals with the
Sarah Peña
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book has an emotionally haunting feel.
It sucked me in and I felt it the whole time I was reading it and even after I was finished.

It goes between present day and past.
A couple struggling and a woman lost with a stranger that helps her after an accident.

Trust issues are a theme explored in so many different ways. Blame and forgiveness are central to the plot.
Memory, a very important aspect to the story as well.

I read it in one sitting. I had to know how it was going to end and what else t
Coco.V
Apr 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/14/2020)! 🎁
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
There's really nothing I can say that can prepare you for Cassidy and Marc's story. I have been reading Cassia for 5 years and she continues to evolve, and stretch herself as an author which also challenges us as readers.

Amber Sky BLEW. MY. DAMN. mind!! The parallels, the mystery, all the emotions and rawness. I had no idea what I was in store for and when I tell you I was completely engrossed and utterly SHOOK, believe me!

This is the kind of complex, captivating story that needs to be CONSUMED
Angela  Wilson
Good, but I needed a little bit more of something. Maybe passion?
Samantha Schwerin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, meh
This was okay and and also entirely different than what I thought I was going to be reading. This was more of a mystery mixed with some light romance? Closer to second chance romance (view spoiler). Despite what it looks like, this story doesn't contain cheating and the mystery aspect of the plot is fairly easy to guess. The writing was okay but the plot ...more
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 for this one....really enjoyed the whole story......a fab mystery.
PAULA
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
AMBER SKY by CASSIA LEO

The start of the story was a bit scary for me. The description and the location was eerie and it made me pause thinking "Is this a zombie romance story?" cause it felt like it was. LOL The first part was kinda scary ya know but as I go through it, it all made sense. It was a bit different (the storytelling) than Cassia's previous books. This has a mystery in it. You will question most scenes, at least I did. What I like most about it is that as a reader I felt like I was i
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber Sky is a standalone filled with mystery, twists, turns, heartache, suspense and romance. I want to say so much but I don't want any spoilers in my review. I would suggest you take a chance, go in blind. You will only have one time to enjoy the story that way! Amber Sky is so unique and interesting. You will try to piece it all together and be amazed how everything ties together in the end.

“You can fall apart with me,” I whispered as I wiped his tears. “I’d rather have a cloud of dust t
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Deborah G.
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A huge fan of this author, after a few chapters I wasn't quite sure where Cassia Leo was taking me. Marc & Cassidy, married for eight years have endured countless disappointments trying to have a child. Initially, I thought this might be a story about infidelity, boy was I wrong. After a car accident on a rural road, Cassidy is found by a quiet reclusive man who takes her in & cares for her. And he seems a little eerie at first. Moving from past to present this story grabs you from the first cha ...more
Heidi R.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating story!
Jokey100
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So intriguingly good. Once U start reading U won't want to put it down.
I like Cassia Leo's way of writing, not CR, not thrillers, but something in between
Loved loved loved this book
Kim Perry
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review-crew
Amber Sky is a surprising and heartbreaking journey. Cassia Leo will keep you guessing as she weaves a story of heartbreak, loss, hope, and love. There are so many different and intriguing elements to this story that was unexpected, but in a really good way. I consumed Amber Sky in one sitting just to see how all the pieces came together in a great ending.
J.J.
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. The “twist” was kind of meh for me — nothing all that amazing but also not bad.
Nina♡
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My question to Cassia. Cassia, Did you also cry while writing this beautiful story? Somehow I can feel that this book holds special place in your heart. Beautifully written. So much love for this book.

This book offers so much, way much more than the blurb could offer you.
The story is outstanding and the characters are endearing.
I was pleasantly surprised by this book overall.
I like the angle with what happenned to Shine (Cassidy) told in past and present especially the part about her memory los
Michelle Austin
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Sky by Cassia Leo was a great 5 star read.
This book was amazing, once I started I didn’t want to put it down. I had to see where it was going.

Cassidy ends up in an accident when the electrical system in her car goes black. She recalls being lifted by someone and wakes up at Walker’s home. She can’t recall why she was on the road and where she was going. There is something about Walker that makes her feel safe, but why? We jump from past to present as Cassidy recalls her relationship with
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Cassia Leo continues to surprise readers with her intelligent writing, her captivating stories, and her relatable characters.

I was speechless after finishing Amber Sky. This story takes you on the journey of a woman trying to find happiness in her marriage. She finds herself lost after an accident and then found by a stranger. This is where everything starts, as she begins to question her sanity.

There is so much emotion, so many issues with trust, and love that shows in different ways. You wil
Sandra Curney
Shelves: favorites
Another incredible story by Cassia Leo. Amber Sky is a beautifully woven story about love, heartbreak and loss. From the very first page I knew this story was going to be different, that Cassia would weave her magical word wand and create a story like no other, and boy was I correct!
Cassidy and Marc meet in college and loved each other hard. That love would have to carry them through some incredibly hard times. Their story touched so close to my heart. I could really relate to their pain and so
Heather Miller
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Sky, by Cassia Leo, was absolutely phenomenal!! The story of Cassidy and Marc is so sweet...
It starts with Cassidy getting into an accident and getting saved by a man who lives a very remote, sheltered life. She has some amnesia which comes back in spurts while she recovers. The story flips back and forth over the last year leading up to the accident, and covers Cassidy's issues with pregnancy, her family, and Marc. I loved Marc's character so much, and I felt so much sympathy for him.
The
Sarah Larson
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything that Cassia Leo writes. Amber Sky is a beautifully written story full of love, loss, and forgiveness. This has become one of my top favorite Cassia books.

This book flips back and forth between the past and present but is very easy to keep up with. The love that Cassidy and Marc share is heartbreakingly beautiful. They are meant to be together but secrets that they keep start to push them apart. After tragedy strikes they quickly learn that their deep connection can get them thr
Jennifer Cooper
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When your life begins to fall apart who will bring back from the edge of breaking? Cassidy is a school teacher, an attorney for a husband, and dad a successful author. Was born with privilege and has never had to worry about anything and has the world at her fingertips. Cassidy continues to experience loss and after an accident she may be losing her mind after all it could be hereditary!

This story is absolutely crazy. The chapters bounce from the present to the past but is the present what it ap
Lee Anne Lane
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
So much pain and loss on these pages. Marc and Cassidy both holding secrets and knowing the other has them. Both afraid to tell and to know. The loss, the tragedy gut wrenching. Hearts entwined even without the words, looks and touches. The heart feels, the mind knows.

Walker confused me a bit but it became apparent with a revelation as I read on. The turning point was quite unexpected and jarring but brought the story to the most important, perfect place.

Life is beautiful and not to be wasted.
Dawn Myers
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion if felt like Cassia Leo wrote Amber Sky from something very personal experiences. In my opinion Cassia Leo did a great job of bringing this story to life. Amber Sky does have flashbacks which I hate they usually slow the flow of the story. In my opinion Cassia Leo did a good job of overcoming this obstacle, I thought the story flowed. Once I knew who all the characters were I figured out what was going to happen, I was okay with that. I figured it out pretty early in the story. I a ...more
Ashley
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2019

I am speechless right now after reading the hauntingly beautiful story. Amber Sky was not at all what I was expecting. Cassia Leo took us on a journey you have to experience for yourself. It is heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.

I have a major book hangover now and cannot stop thinking about Amber Sky. Trust me when I say you want to read this book. You will be pulled in from page one.

Words can’t describe how much I loved this book. I am not going to say anything about it because you
Lexie Abshire
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book starts off with a woman traveling down the middle of nowhere with no cell service and a dying navigation system. Something terrible happens, the whole electrical system goes out and she veers off road and wrecks. A mystery man saves her from the wreckage and brings her back to his place as they are currently over 100 miles from town. Could Shadow be someone she knows? "I'd rather have a cloud of dust than a shadow." She finds that the house and Shadow seem familiar to her, but without h ...more
Sandy Montemayor
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an emotional story that had me hooked from the beginning. I have read all of Cassia's books and I loved them all, but Cassidy and Marc's story is one of my favorites. The story starts off with Cassidy driving on a road in the middle of nowhere and gets into an accident, she is saved by a stranger named Walker. She has some injuries with memory loss but she starts to remember bits and pieces as the days go on, it goes between past and present so you will understand how it lead up to the ...more
Nicole Tillman
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heartstrings have been thoroughly tugged, my mind has been blown, and I've been injected with all the feels. Every last one of 'em.
Amber Sky was PHENOMENAL! From page one it's infused with mystery so thick your brain will be working double time and your heart will be doing jumping jacks. There are so many twists and turns and "wait...what?" moments.
Cassia has written some truly amazing books but nothing like this. Thick with grit and raw emotion, this epic love story will have you flipping th
Helena Bookhooked
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there is one book to pick up this year, then I urge you to read this one.

This book was just emotional from start to finish, highlighting issues that touch many in this world. The language used in the book, the writing, all came together to bring a book that will stick with me for many years.

The book will chew you up, spit you back out and take you on a journey that you think you have it all worked out. When in fact the story takes an amazing turn that even I didn't see coming.

This isn't a co
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Before You
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Release
  • The Beginning and End of Everything
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Jack & Sadie
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Warrior Blue
  • Fallen
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Best Man
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat