Start by marking “Soul on Fire” as Want to Read:
Soul on Fire

Soul on Fire

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Soul on Fire is a collection of stories describing the full awakening of spiritual powers of an Episcopal Priest turned Shaman - powers latent in all of us. It describes the 'Path of Return' to our wondrous earth, a journey through which we can reclaim our original unity, wholeness, and joy.
Published January 29th 2005 by PageFree Publishing, Inc. (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Soul on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul on Fire

Leah
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Based on the title of this book, I expected this book to describe the authors spiritual process for how he shifted from priest to shaman -- what seemed lacking in traditional Christianity, what internal struggles did he face, how did God help him on his journey? Instead, this book described various anecdotes for how shamanic practices can be used to heal the earth and humans. Although it was not what I expected, it was an interesting read.
Betsy Nelson
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
I was recommended this book by a lady who trained with the author. This book is more a "here's what I did" than "here's how to do it". He talks about the ceremonies he performed, but not very much about how to perform them.

I was struck by the fact that this man, a former Episcopal priest, kept calling on everyone but God for help. He says that the nature spirits or the storm devas or the fire elementals helped him get what he asked for. To me, this sounds like idolatry - he is saying that there
Khalekan
Jul 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, usa-12
What can one say about this book?

This guy Calhoun could easily be Gandalf the Wizard from LOTR.

If there is a drought....send for Peter and he'll have the rain belting down inside 24 hours.

Too much rain? He can fix that and all. One word with his "Elementals" and the sky is blue a few hours later.

Why are the likes of Katrina and Isacc allowed to wreak so much havoc when a call to Peter Calhoun in Tennessee will stop them in their tracks.

And I have never read a book where the word "I" is used so m
Dawn
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I was disappointed when I first started reading this book. I had anticipated that it would indeed be an account of the author's transformation/change/development from an Episcopalian priest to a shaman. Instead, these are accounts of his adventures and experiences once he has already made the transition.

It's an interesting read but it is certainly not what I wanted when I purchased the book. If you are looking for a book that talks about the struggle and/or the transition from one to the other,
Grace Leigh
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This collection of miraculous spiritual experiences was amazing! :) It kept me enthralled all the way through and many of the feelings Peter described in the book, especially regarding suffering and making gratitude and appreciation for what we have a more daily practice, both provided me with comfort and deeply resonated with me. This book had a special way of leaving my heart feeling deeply moved and "full" even after putting it back on the bookshelf. It was incredible. <3
Lori-Lyn
Aug 02, 2007
Kevin
Nov 07, 2011
Karyn Young
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2014