Start by marking “To the Limit (Bodyguard, #2)” as Want to Read:
To the Limit (Bodyguard, #2)

To the Limit

(The Bodyguards #2)

When former Secret Service agent Eve Garrett, gets a late night call from Tiffany Clayborne saying "Eve, please come and get me" she books over the the bar Tiffany says she's at. She met the girl when she was still an agent. Tiffany was her first assignment and she developed a big sister attachment to the kid that continues to this day. However, when Eve gets to the bar sh ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published August 30th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about To the Limit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To the Limit

Blacky *Romance Addict*
I am addicted to Cindy Gerrard! And I just want to continue reading all her books!

So here's a gif review. Yeah, it sucks, but that's as far as I'm gonna go

This one is about Eve, and she's the kick-ass sister from E.D.E.N. Security

And Mac, a P.I. with a great sense of humor
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They have a history together
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When it was discovered what happened to Eve all those years ago

The main story about Tiffany
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My feelings for Tiffany and all that was happening to her
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

UNTIL she met Billie, kinda liked them both

The ac
Eastofoz
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who like a love/hate/old lovers reunited
As far as regular mass market romantic suspense books go this is pretty good, but as with most mass market romantic suspense the author unfortunately shirks on the romance and focuses too much on the suspense. There was so much potential to make this into a really strong love story but it just never gets there and the love story is almost secondary.

Book 2 in Gerard’s Bodyguards series focuses on the sister Eve Garret. She gets a disturbing message from a young woman she used to be a bodyguard fo
jenjn79
May 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I had a hard time getting into this book. It wasn't until about halfway through that I was into it enough to want to keep reading. I didn't necessarily think it was bad, it just didn't trip my switches.

Series note:
I wouldn't necessarily say this series (so far) needs to be read in order, but there are probably benefits from doing so.

Summary:
Eve Garrett, co-partner in her family's security business, E.D.E.N., receives a mysterious message one night from her young friend Tiffany, saying the girl i
Quinn
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Thankfully, I liked this, the second book in Cindy Gerard’s Bodyguard series, better than the first. It didn’t have any of the cheesy moments that stuck out in To the Edge, and there was definitely a lot more going on, with plenty of twists and turns.

Responding to a frantic call from her estranged friend, Tiffany, Eve Garret (sister of Nolan from To the Edge) finds herself on the wrong end of a violent attack, being told that she is dead but just doesn’t know it yet.

Very soon after, she discover
Buggy
Opening Line: "Dark she could do, Eve Garrett thought as she sat by the curb, her Mazda motor running."

Eve Garrett has never forgotten her first love Tyler “Mac” McCain, the arrogant boy who seduced and then abandoned her all those years ago. Now a member of her family’s security business (E.D.E.N) this former FBI agent is on the hunt for the missing teenage daughter of Florida’s most reclusive billionaire. A frantic message from the missing party girl takes Eve to a midnight rendezvous where sh
Mojca
After a so-so start, I really hoped this series would pick up pace, especially since the blurb promised a kick-ass heroine. Well, Eve was kick-ass, but she was also annoying as hell.

I hate it when authors cannot create some exciting tension between the leads without resorting to the almost-nonexistent-for-so-much-use and cheep ploy as the "big misunderstanding". And I hate it even more when they let that misunderstanding fester and fester and go on ad infinitum, gobbling up the rest of the story
Lauren
To The Limit
3 Stars

Eve Garrett is dragged back into the case that destroyed her career as a Secret Service Agent when Tiffany Clayborne, the daughter of an eccentric billionaire, disappears without a trace. Determined to find the girl, Eve faces three distinct problems: a) Tiffany is a well-known party girl skilled at getting herself into trouble, b) someone is stalking Eve, and c) P.I. Tyler "Mac" McCain, a blast from her past, is also on Tiffany's trail. Can Eve stay alive long enough to save
Rashika (is tired)
LOL
Never again
MY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What a mess.

-people falling in love within a week
-thinking about marriage in that same time span
-stupid alpha males (they gotta be done right and this book failed)
-the chick falling in love again with a guy.. who she had a crush on in high school who basically took her virginity and ran off
-a grown man thinking the best sex of his life (before he went at it with the same chick as an adult) was when he was 18... that bothers me.. I am not sure how most people
Dee
Wasn't sure about Mac in the beginning he came across as a bit of a bum but I soon warmed to him and learnt that he was a loveable rogue and although he wasn't written as the Typical Alpha male he was definately a sexy one.

I liked Eve as she was a down to earth woman who had been hurt by men (including Mac) in the past and found it hard to trust men. They were definately well suited and I was glad to see them get their HEA.
Glamdring
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Though the plot was more predictable than in To the Edge, this was a fast paced and action packed story.

Here again I really loved Eve and Mac, the secondary characters were great and the attraction between Eve and Mac was hot. But what I enjoyed the most in this story is that even though she had many occasion to act TSTL, Eve was never reckless or stupid. I also liked how Cindy Gerard described Mac and Ali’s relationship. Poor Mac, I hurt for him.
Wendy
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance adventure lovers
I really must be a sucker for strong men, but this guy is one of my favorites. Tyler shows up on the scene while eve is looking for a former protectee from her Secret Service days, looking like a beach bum. He and she spar and fight through out the book and you love their funny way of dealing with each other. Eve and Tyler have a background that has hidden secrets that they need to overcome to find the love that is there for the taking. Their journey to finding their friend is exciting and yet t ...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
I have only read to page 100 or so and just can't be bothered to finish it. The writing isn't bad, but Eve annoys me so much that I am going to put this book aside for a while and try again later.
I had really high hopes for Cindy Gerard and her books, but I don't think they are really for me. Out of the three I have tried so far I struggled with the first, To The Edge as well as this one. Number three, To The Brink, I did enjoy, so I will try again later and see if I can finish this one later.
LaFleurBleue
This series has not taken off yet in my opinion.
I really liked the hero and heroine's personalities; I even could accept and appreciate a story of a love story born while teenagers (which rarely works out for me).
But the problem was their quest. I never managed to like Tiffany, the spoiled and ultra stupid unconfident daughter of a multi-millionaire and deceased model. I honestly would have let her to her demise;( This costs at least one star to this book.
Smiley
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thenia
A story of second chances, where Tyler, the guy who disillusioned Eve and gave her serious trust issues after (view spoiler) unexpectedly re-enters her life.

Tyler, who was admittedly a jerk when he was younger, is more than happy about reuniting with Eve, and tries to take that opportunity to maybe right some wrongs, but she'll have none of it. The two engage in a race to find a missing heiress bef
Alex is The Romance Fox

Another fast paced, suspenseful and action packed read in Cindy Gerard’s 2nd book of her Bodyguards Series.

A short summary - The story is about two people, who share a past history, having to team up together in saving a billionaire’s daughter who has disappeared.
During the journey, the two protagonists will rediscover each other, having to deal with the attraction for each other which began years before.

Eve Garrett, a former Secret Service agent, who together with her brothers set up E.D.E.N,
Riverina Romantics
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, on-blog
Cindy Gerard is shouldering her way through to become one of my top favourite authors.

That lady knows how to rock a page with witty banter, adrenaline pumping excitement and hunky hotness.

To The Limit was a fan-fcking-tastic read. I loved it from start to finish.

Eve was a tough as nails heroine with a great amount of spunk. And it made me all giddy to see her getting a piece of Mac. Ohhh Mac, you sexy, protective spunk of a man. What I would give to wrap me legs around you and.....

Just like th
Anita
To the Limit is the 2nd book in The Bodyguards series and it is great. I had great hopes for this series and so far I have not been disappointed. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

This one is about Eve the twin of Nolan and only girl. She is former Secret Service and the reason for the former is Tiffany, poor little rich girl. Tiffany's father had Eve fired over an attempted kidnap. Eve did her job and kept Tiffany safe, but Daddy had her fired anyway. Fast forward, Tiffany has be
Robin
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When security specialist Eve Garret arrives in a bad part of town for her meeting with Tiffany Clayborne, she is attacked and knocked out. Upon recovering, she finds that her friend, Tiffany, has been missing for three weeks and decides to find her. But Tiffany's father has hired private investigator Tyler "Mac" McClain to find his wayward daughter and bring her home. Eve and Mac know each other. He seduced and abandoned her 14 years ago. What starts out as a competition to see who can find Tiff ...more
Crystal S
You seldom come across (or I seldom come across) a romantic suspense novel with a strong, capable heroine who knows her limitations but also knows how to handle herself and won't be bullied into submission by an alpha male. You also don't easily find heroes who accept that their heroine knows how to take care of herself, even if he doesn't like it. In To the Limit, Ms. Gerard created 2 fantastic characters with strong personalities that didn't overwhelm each other.

It was a great book. I loved i
Donna
I loved Cindy's Black Ops series when I found it over the summer. After reading those I had to start the Bodyguard series. The first in the series was good but this one was so much better. I loved it and didnt want to stop reading. If you are looking for a good romantic suspense this is definitely one you have to pick up. While I also am one of those that doesnt read a series out of order, you really dont have to read the first Bodyguard book to read this one.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Ticks all the boxes for romantic suspense - 3.5 stars.
AliciaJ
Love this series, The Bodyguards. This is Eve and Mac's story. Fast-paced, lots of action, plenty of sexual buzz and heat. Fun, fun, fun.
Vikkie Thorman
Apr 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Not my favorite in this series but I do love the way Gerard's books flow.
Tbabe001
May 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not likeHero....he was such loser.....yikes! The suspense was way better....the romance seem forced.
Kathy
Harisa Henderson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was....very bad. I am very surprised. I think I may skip the Bodyguards series after all because I am not charmed.

General:

1) I hated both Eve & Mac. Eve needed to be stronger, especially for working at a security firm. Was extremely disappointed. Mac was still a shitty character, not charming at all, and a piece of shit to this day.

2) The suspenseful part kept me interested until the end and how it got wrapped up. DUMB. Way too pretty of a bow, random plot points that came from freakin
Kathy Davie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Second in The Bodyguards romantic suspense series revolving around members of the Garrett family in West Palm Beach. The couple focus is on Eve Garrett and Tyler McClain.

My Take
It's the poor little rich girl, although Gerard does give it an interesting twist with how Tiffany has gotten herself into trouble. You can't help but feel for her even as you can't believe how stupid she is. Lucky for her, she has a few good friends.

It's an interesting subplot as well with someone after Eve. Intent on ta
Maria Christine
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hero with a wicked sense of humor can never go wrong. Pair him up with a kick-ass, uptight heroine and you have a bomb.

I so like this pair Eve & Tyler. I was snickering the whole time I was reading this book except for the suspense part though, I never guessed right uhhh and until it was revealed in the end, I never figured it out.

And I like the secondary characters to Billie & Tiffany.
Anne
Awesome story, amazing, and great narrator.

• Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall

The Bodyguards (6 books)
  • To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3)
  • Over the Line (The Bodyguards, #4)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)
“Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.” 106 likes