Start by marking “Finding Strength” as Want to Read:
Finding Strength

Finding Strength (Finding Strength)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Published October 11th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Finding Strength, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Strength

B. Benfield
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is WONDERFUL. Grab your tissues! This book took me on an emotional roller coaster, but it is truly inspiring. The author did a wonderful job of detailing the emotions and the entire story in general. As I was reading, I could picture the characters and what was going on in that exact moment. This book will really make you look at your life and realize that no one is promised tomorrow, and you need to live every day like it's your last.
Maari
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most difficult reviews I have ever done.. & I am still not sure what to say.. It has been a bit since I finished this book & just idk.. You best have tissues!! and not just a few or even a half of a box, you will need a fresh supply, because Ms. Michelle holds onto you and keeps you in touch with your emotional side & does not let you go until the long after the last sentence.. If you love ugly cry reads, then this one is definitely for you!!
A.C. Wilson
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can one person stare into the face of death and dance with grief so many times in one lifetime? There's more to this story than death and loss, of course. There's a thin thread of steel left when your world is torn away. Underneath there is a final understanding of love, life's purpose, and the true things left at the end. Take a chance on this story and definitely get your tissue box.
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"You have been the joy of my life, and you have brought me so much happiness. I wanted to leave you with something that will always remind you of me. When you think you are forgetting me, read the words on the pages. When you feel alone, you'll find me within the bindings. I'll always be with you, wherever you go in life, I'll be there....."

Anna is about to face the hardest thing that is ever going to happen to her. There is no way to make it ok and she's never going to be the same. This book ha
Angela Cruz
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a contemporary romance with tragedy. This is a stand alone, but I would love to know what happens next for Braxton, he has been through so much. This is a book full of emotions, have a tissue box ready. I recommend this for mature readers, there is sexual content but it is not graphic. Is there a limit to the anguish one's heart can handle? I would guess it would all depend on the person. The author captures the rawness of grief so well that at some points of the story I even felt Anna's ...more
Shevawn Michelle
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My life has never been easy, per se. Sure, I have had some happy times, but more times than not, it seems life was out to get me. To take me down paths no one should ever have to face. From the time I was twenty-nine, life took a turn for the worse and all I wanted was to get off of the ride. I have gone from being on the highest mountain, to being in the deepest, darkest abyss. A place I wish on no one.

If there is one thing I have learned, it’s that life isn’t always fair. It’s what we choose
Lexi
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow...the feels. What a great emotional ride Finding Strength was. From start to finish, this book had me glued to my Kindle.

After a tragic accident, Anna must find the strength to overcome and grow from her experience.

This was a very unique story and I loved that about it. Yes, it is a love story, but it is so much more. You get to be there though all the emotions of Anna trying to move on. You are right there alongside her and her friends through this time.

I don't want to write too much, bec
Shannon
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding Strength is my first ever 5 star read! My heart hurts with both sadness and love. This story really is ...such an inspiration! Anna is beyond any character I have ever read about. Her strength and love for her friend-made family is the kind of love everyone should strive for. Thank you Shevawn Michelle!
Renes Getaway
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most emotional stories that I have read in a very long time. 10 stars and about the same in boxes of tissues. Full review coming soon.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Ugliest. Cry. EVER.
It all begins in Chapter 1 when the main character Anna experiences a tragic loss. However, on the same day she meets Jacob, who becomes her rock and helps her find the strength to carry on and live.
“Live for her, Anna. Live for you.” His gaze turns pleading, his eyes burning into mine, searching my soul. “Live for me.”
Jacob, along with Anna’s best friends Amy and Shane, pick up the pieces that is Anna’s broken heart. Anna finds love with Jacob and the two have baby Braxton.
Leanna
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow just WOW I really loved this book. It had me crying right away from the beginning and many more times until the end. So grab some tissues and dive on in. With so many sweet moments of love and courage I truly felt for the main girl Anna. I'm so impressed by her continuous strength and perseverance and found myself rooting for her to finally catch a break.Although I can't even imagine the deep amount of pain she had to endure thanks to this author and her amazing details, I really did feel An ...more
T.M. Payne
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book: Finding Strength (Finding Strength)
Author: Shevawn Michelle
Publication Date: 3/8/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne-Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

New to me author.

Let me start with the good:
This book literally had me in tears by the end. I honestly it is one long emotional roller coaster but so enjoyable to read. Anna goes through hell then sees some light only to be pulled right back into the dark. She thank goodness has the love of family and friends. This book’s title says it all. Findin
Sweetpea
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aptly named, Finding Strength is a story of heartache, loss and moving on. I was immediately drawn in to Anna's very emotional and gut-wrenching story. The narration was beautifully performed and really made the story come alive.

I loved Finding Strength and it shows us just how resilient the human spirit is. I would highly recommend this but make sure that you have plenty of tissues on hand.

I was voluntarily provided this review copy audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrato
Gloria
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I can't even tell you what this book did to me. It was heartbreakingly beautiful. This book was well written and the storyline is powerful and so so moving. I promise I'll never look at life the same way again. If I took one thing away from this book it's never take anything for granted and live life to the fullest. I promise once you open this book you will find the same motivation to love and always always tell those around me how much they ...more
Monica
Finding Strength indeed!
A story of heartache...
The narrator captured every emotion.
You have to find the strenght to endure and move on. Very inspiring story.
Your light will shine!

I was voluntarily provided this review copy audiobook
at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator.
Denise Anderson
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh where to begin. This book is unbelievably heart wrenchingly good. It is most defiantly a tear jerker, so make sure you have a box or two kleenex's with you. Anna goes thru so much between heart ache from loss of life of a child, to finding love like no other. To losing yet again another love in her life. In the end we find that even when you think you have your happily ever after it can all come crumbling down in a blink of an eye. There are not enough stars for this book. The writer did an o ...more
Mona williams
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg this book is a must read ! it made me cry so heartbreaking! its about a young woman who loses her two year old daughter to a drowning than she loses her husband to a prison fight, she learns to cope after years finds a new love only to push him away! he fights for her love. its so sad and heartbreaking . need plenty of tissue! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Misty Nickels
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone 18+
(`•.•) (`•.•)
*`•.(`•.•).•
¤ º° ¤`•..• ¤ °ºMy Review for Finding Strength by Shevawn MichelleMy Review for Finding Strength by Shevawn Michelle(`•.•) (`•.•)
*`•.(`•.•).•
¤ º° ¤`•..• ¤ °º

When I first started reading this book I almost put it down. Before you stop reading, there was a very good reason I almost put it down. It wasn’t necessarily a bad reason when it comes to the authors’ writing. In fact her writing was miraculous. At the beginning of the book, the main characters’ two year old daughte
Erica
Finding Strength. This has the be the most emotional, heart wrenching book I have ever read, yet it's also inspirational. I don't know that any review I can write could do this book justice.
I cried, at least 5 times while reading, and I mean ugly cry, by the end of the book my eyes were red and swollen and I felt like I had lost someone I loved.
That's the sign of great story to me. An author who can make you feel. Feel everything that's going on within the story, that makes the characters seem
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
A very emotional read about a woman who goes through so much pain, and almost loses hope, only to find that not everything is lost. This is a story of what you do to survive, of holding on to life when you have wonderful people around you trying to keep you afloat.

Anna feels like her life is over after facing a huge tragedy. She is devastated and it takes the love of her friends and family to drag her out of the dark abyss she finds herself in. It is the love of one special person that brings he
Becky Cox
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Finding Strength is a very emotional book dealing with a lot of loss and Anna's journey of coping with those losses.

I had a hard time connecting with Anna and her grief. Could quite possibly just be me, but I struggled to remain focused. I wanted to feel more connected to Anna and her situation but couldn't quite get there.

If something could go wrong in her life, it did. She has a few spots of light in her life but they never seem to last for long.

I read some other reviews where they
Mary
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
Whew, How do I write this with out giving any thing away? Finding Strength is an excellent title for this particular story. When life throws you the most devastating curve balls, you must dig deep to find the strength to carry on and live life to it's fullest. We never know what the next day brings, we don't know what the future holds. Love and cherish those close to you as if Today is the last day on this earth. Never let them doubt the love you have. That is what this story brings to the surfa ...more
Ashley Dunham
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love  Finding strength .  Once I started reading finding Strength is was bowling my eyes out. Finding strength is far best in have read so far. Let me just say once I started reading finding strength is was hooked. I couldn't put it down. I definitely recommend that everyone should read it. Once you start reading it you won't want to stop.  You will definitely be needed to get your tissue ready. This book is an emotional book. I love how  Shevawn Michelle wrote finding strength. I c ...more
Kathleen
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Yes this book is a real tear-jerker. Shevawn did an excellent job at writing this book. I can totally understand where the characters emotions come from since my own mother passed away from congestive heart failure.

The MC Anna has been through a lot of ups and downs throughout her life. How much loss can a person handle before a person cracks? Well Anna handles quite a bit and slowly recovers her heart.

Not a person to give away spoilers, this is a must read book fo
Sharon Obelenus Holland
More than 5 stars....Love is bittersweet.

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. It's a story that hits home to me and I'm sure to many readers out there. Love and life can be bittersweet, true strength isn't measured in pounds, it's measured in what one goes through, endures. Make sure you have tissues nearby for the full book!!!

Anna's life is going great until a tragedy rips her world apart. The loss of her little girl. As time goes by and she starts seeing the light at the end of th
Candy Box
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shevawn-michelle
I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.
5 stars all the way!!!!
This book had me ugly crying after 2 chapters!!
If you are looking for a serious ugly cry read this is the book to read!! I highly recommend it.
This book is about a woman named Anna and all the things in here life. The good, the bad, & and the ugly. She found strength in thoughts that loved her. she was able to find love after it was ripped away from her.
I want to thank the author for writing some an amazing maste
Tanya Vought
This book gutted me- seriously.

Finding Strength is an emotional story about Anna and the sadness that comes her way. Despite it all she has amazing friends by her side and they are truly a God send.

I'm not a fan of spoilers- but let me say, this story is a contemporary romance with much sadness, love, amazing friendships, fantastic men, inspiration and hope!

If you're a lover of emotional tear jerkers this book is right for you! Make sure you have a box of tissues handy!!

5 emotional stars from
Shannon Minihan Dellow

From the first page you are brought into Anna's world that is filled with love, laughther, unconditional friendship and heart wrenching tradagey. With tears in my eyes, I read about a woman who's strengths came from somewhere so deep inside and from friends who never gave up on her. A story where even in your darkest hours, with love and friends you will find your light. That sometimes you can have your forever love not once but sometimes twice. I fell in love with this book and you will too! Ju
Sarah Hendrix
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VERY HEARTBREAKING BOOK! This is one of the best books I've read in a while! I was in tears in the first chapter, from the terrible tragedy Anna goes through! I don't see how she kept moving forward with all she has to face! Poor little Braxton goes through so much too! Shevawn did such an amazing job on this book! I literally cried throughout the whole read! Absolutely love it!
Amber Althoff
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna has had to endure unimaginable loss and heartbreak. Seems like life just keeps dealing her a bad hand. Can Anna find her happiness? Can she allow her heart to love again? Just when it all seems to be working in her favor, life throws her another curveball and shows her how to truly open her life and heart up. You'll need LOTS of tissue while reading but it's such a beautiful story!!
  • Letting Go (Keaton, #1.5)
  • How to Marry a Rake in Ten Days: A Victorian Christmas Story
  • Life After (Infinite Love #1.5)
  • Touch Screen (Sensations Collection, #4)
  • Her Scottish Alpha (Colliding Worlds Book 3)
  • Literal Leigh Romance Diaries: The Complete Collection Boxed Set
  • Stolen Innocents (Shadow, #2)
  • Waking Up With a Billionaire (The Overnight Billionaires #3)
  • One Hot Knight
  • Beneath His Darkness (Healing Hearts, #3)
  • Big Bad Wolfe
  • Hawk's Way: Rebels (Hawk's Way #9-10)
  • Houston
  • Reap (Reap, #1)
  • Scavenge (A Smoldering Christmas Novella 1.5)
  • Game Maker (Game, #2)
  • Blood Tree: Part Two
  • Our Forever Promise (Forever, #3)

Finding Strength (2 books)
  • Finding My Forever (A Finding Strength Novel)