Start by marking “The Storm Before the Calm: Making Sense of Life's Troubles” as Want to Read:
The Storm Before the Calm: Making Sense of Life's Troubles

The Storm Before the Calm: Making Sense of Life's Troubles

In this five-week study, Davis addresses life's turbulent, trying moments by looking at some of Scripture's most significant "storm stories." By turning the popular phrase, "the calm before the storm" on its head, The Storm Before the Calm presents a unique take on the significance of life's storms--grief, job loss, relationship failures, etc.--and how faith in Christ help ...more
Published September 15th 2015 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Before the Calm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm Before the Calm

Start your review of The Storm Before the Calm: Making Sense of Life's Troubles
Rhonda
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
God knew I needed to read this book in this very moment in time. One of the possible storms mentioned in the book is when a church disappoints us. I am a member of a church that right now is experiencing a split and it is breaking my heart. But the pastor who wrote the sermons in this book has made me feel an assurance that the calm will come after my fellow church members and I have weathered this storm.
This book is written to be used as a personal or group study. It has scripture reading and
Connie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This five-week study was written to be used for personal or group work. It includes questions and a reflection at the end of each chapter to give the reader a chance to better absorb and think about what they have read.

Because of the way it is set up, I used the book as a morning devotional. Since the days aren’t marked, and there are plenty of great places to pause, I felt it worked well for me.

There are so many storms in life, I recommend this book as a way to help get through them.
C.S. Areson
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent little book with good questions.
I am preparing to use it in a men's study group.
You're in a storm, entering a storm or coming out of one that is life. Talbot Davis show how each can be good in our lives and warns of the danger in each.
Kendall Howard
Sep 16, 2015
Heather
Nov 18, 2015
Talbot Davis
May 04, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chu Yang
S.
Nov 12, 2017
Kim
Dec 21, 2018
Talbot Davis is the pastor of Good Shepherd United Methodist Church in Charlotte, North Carolina, a congregation known for its ethnic diversity, outreach ministry, and innovative approach to worship. He has repeatedly been recognized for his excellence in congregational development and has received the conference's Harry Denman Award for Excellence in Evangelism. Since Talbot began serving at Good ...more

News & Interviews