Start by marking “United (Alienated, #3)” as Want to Read:
United (Alienated, #3)

United

(Alienated #3)

After thwarting a deadly coup and saving the alliance between their worlds, Cara and Aelyx have finally earned a break. Their tiny island colony is everything they dreamed it would bedays spent gathering shells on the beach and nights in each others arms.

But the vacation is short-lived.

The treaty between Earth and Leihr has awakened an ancient force that threatens to
Published August 2nd 2016 by EverAfter

To ask other readers questions about United, please sign up.
Kayla This is the final book in the series, so there are 3--Alienated, Invaded, and United.
YA Novels of 2016
1,126 books — 9,694 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
1,308 books — 6,913 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of United (Alienated, #3)
Melissa Landers
Aug 28, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Edit #6: United is now available in paperback, exclusively on Amazon. So if you have the first two books in softcover, the trilogy will match. Yay!

Edit #5: Hardcovers are **FINALLY** arriving at Barnes & Noble! So please check again if your local store didn't have United in stock on release day. (And don't be afraid to ask customer service to help you find it. The copies might be in the storage room.)

Edit #4: If you can't find the hardcover in your country, check your Kindle store. I made
Alyssa
Aug 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
02/29/2016 EDIT: GUYS A COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

See the cover reveal and interview!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Alienated has to be one of my favorite YA books. It was sweet, charming, creative, funny, and an all-around feel-good story (imagine if Rory Gilmore hosted an alien exchange student delightful, right?). Invaded was just as good, and I honestly wish the wait hadnt been so long between it and United, as it kind of stole my momentum and excitement (thats what I get for hounding for early copies, I suppose). At any rate, while United was an enjoyable end to the series, it didnt blow me away quite ...more
Anja H.
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 INVADING STARS*

Definitely my favorite book in this series! I'm honestly so sad this trilogy is over.
This book was the most action-packed of the three, was the least predictable one and most importantly: Aelyx and Cara were together again after being apart for so long in book 2! So, only improvements if you compare it to Invaded!

This isn't one of the best trilogies of all time, but I am glad I read this. It was very entertaining and managed to keep my attention at all times. Cara is
Aneta Bak
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the first time that the last book in a series has been my favourite. But it's true! I loved United way more than the first two books, don't get me wrong, they were great, but this one just tied everything together and had such a great storyline that I could not put the book down. It was all so amazing, I'm very sad that the series is over.

We pick up the story with Cara and Aelyx setting out to the colony. The place where they are supposed to get their happily ever after among
Shannon (leaninglights)
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very quick, sweet and to the point conclusion to Aelyx and Cara's story. I didn't LOVE it but I really enjoyed seeing their story arc complete :) 3.75-4 stars
Sara
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a really good trilogy! Overall I would give it 4 stars it was very enjoyable and Im glad I read it! ...more
Maryam

actual rating 3.5

Nice finish to previous two books.I cannot say which book among three was my favorite but I liked the first one probably a little bit more than its two sequels; however Im satisfied with all three of them. All three are entertaining and kept me interested enough that I read them.

The third book wraps everything neatly and have enough actions to be good action sci fi. Characters are again very well processed and every situation or dialog happening between main and side line
Suzanne
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
United is a satisfying conclusion to a very fun series (Alien student exchange programYES!). It is a rather quick trilogy with three rather small books that are a good pace with amusing characters. I was so excited after book one that I read book two and three within a couple days of finishing book one. I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy in books so I tend to eat them up quickly and this was for sure one to indulge!

My quick and simple overall: amusing and entertaining trilogy that is quick to
Veronique
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stars-4-0, r2017
The stakes are increased in this final instalment, with an armageddon kind of story, with the humans and the L'eirh both being under threat from a third alien race, who seem to be aeons ahead in technology. Of course, there is nothing better than death threats to bring everyone together.

This very much felt like a scifi adventure, with tense action scenes where our characters fight for survival. I very much enjoyed it and the mystery behind these Aribol, with some very interesting details. Even
Kaitlin
May 10, 2016 marked it as to-read
I am SUPER excited for this book to come out! And Aelyx is absolutely swoon-worthy!

The best part? It comes out in two weeks, August 2nd, which is my birthday so I will be treating myself to United on that day!
Candace Robinson
Great end to this fun series! I love Aelix and Cara! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Colleen Houck
A satisfying conclusion to the series. I am now okay leaving the characters to grow on their own. It's funny how attached you get to fictional characters, especially in a series. This one was a little scary here and there. Loved the ship and the fact that the two worlds had to come together to save themselves.
Laura Reilly
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I CANNOT BREATHE AND I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE GETTING A THIRD BOOK I AM SO EXCITED AND I MAY GO AND DIE OF HAPPINESS THANK YOU BOOK GODS FOR THIS

UPDATE 29/2/16: I HAVE SEEN THE COVER AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL I CANNOT HANDLE IT FAR OUT SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

UPDATE 14/8/16: Melissa Landers has created an amazing and wonderful ending to my favourite trilogy. I couldn't have asked for more! It was beautifully written and was filled with everything I hoped for and everything I waited for for 18
Moon
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit... I finished this in a day - and now I'm completely devastated...
Danielle

*clears throat*

This book gives me life. I have been waiting for it to be announced for ages!! Come on, August 2016!
Kayla
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't hate this series, I just I couldn't care what happens to the characters and their world... sorry not sorry
Petra
This was just the perfect ending for this series. <3
Gabi
Dec 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
IT EXISTS!

THERE IS GOING TO BE A THIRD BOOK!

OH MY SOUR SKITTLES!

NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED

lola :D
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.
I always feel very nogalstic when I finish reading the last book of a series. On one hand I'm quite happy, as most books have a kind of happy ending. On the other hand I'm kind of sad, because what will I do without these characters?!
When I started reading this book I didn't expect to feel so bittersweet about this series ending, but when I realized I had read the last pages I felt like my heart was being teared apart.

I was surprised I felt so heavily about this one,
Tilly
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

A decent end to the series but a little bit of a let down. I'm not sure what I was hoping for but it jist lacked something for me. Also many of the characters really got on my nerves in this book.
The ending was fine but a little unrealistic, even for sci fi.
It was also quite repetitive and I was bored a few times and speed read until a good point.
It was a nice series but I was hoping for more.
Exactly what I picture when I see the name Melissa Landers. This book managed to be action-packed and suspenseful all while maintaining a light and funny tone. It was clean and safe, with no OP drama so typical of YA fiction. Thanks for the fun ride, Ms. Landers. I will miss Cara and Aelyx.
Agustina Dapueto
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
So... it's over. This is a bittersweet feeling. I feel accomplished that I finished another good trilogy but at the same time I don't think I was ready for my adventures with these characters to be over and I think the author wasn't ready neither. It was a nice conclusion, super fast paced and I really liked it. Sadly I could tell the author was told to put an end to the story within 300 pages and it felt really rushed at times. I'm still extreamly thankful that we got a conclusion though!! ...more
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Wow, I'm pretty disappointed. This has been a young YA sci-fi series with very teen characters but this final instalment wasn't what I expected. It was somewhat repetitive in terms of the drama from the previous two books and the angst felt over-manufactured. I've liked both Aeylx and Cara in this series but even they frayed my nerves in United. The baddies were over-baddy! I definitely prefer Melissa Landers' more mature books in the same genre.
Brittany
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Fine. Everything is fine. It all wrapped up in a perfect little bow.
I will say that the trilogy went downhill after the first book. But, in the end, I still enjoyed it. Good time was had.
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**

What happened? WHAT HAPPENED? I LOVED book 1. I really enjoyed book 2 as well. Why did this fall so flat for me? I don't get it. I loved the romance and the characters in the previous two books, but this book felt so different. I just found myself so bored throughout this book, and I found myself skim reading the middle. I can't put into words why, honestly. I just lost all interest in the story. The introduction of The Aribol, the colony, The Way, none of it pulled me in and Cara and Aelyx
Kim
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

My expectations for this last book weren't too high. But I was pleasantly surprised. I had NOT expected the book to take this turn. And I'm glad it did! This book was probably my favorite in the series. I loved these characters, and I loved how new bonds and relationships formed in this last book.

So happy I read this series
Zosi
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Definitely not as good as the other books in the series. The pacing felt rushed and the characters felt a little flat. Still, this book finishes off the story in a satisfactory manner.
Lauren - SERIESous Books
I wasn't as into this one as I wanted to be. I like a lot going on in my books but there was maybe too much in this? I'm not sure if the audio version (when I read the ebooks of the other two) influenced my enjoyment. I didn't like the narrator at all so maybe that was the problem....
Elena
Sep 25, 2015 marked it as to-read
To be honest, I'm disappointed by the cover. But it's only Cara's side that bothers me, and it's only one main thing. The orange. First, if compared to the other covers it just looks wrong. It feels wrong. The agmoshere that is presented is kind of cartoonish rather than YA-ish. Next, Cara's hair is orange and that makes for a major color clash issue when it comes to the background being orange as well. And finally her face. It's orange and not naturally or subtle either. In fact the more I look ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Bir Şans Daha (Şans, #1)
  • Elusion (Elusion, #1)
  • Gözlerini Haramdan Sakın (Gözlerini Haramdan Sakın, #1)
  • Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)
  • Strike (The SYLO Chronicles, #3)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Dark Star (Dark Star, #1)
  • Gravity (The Taking, #1)
  • The Countdown (The Taking, #3)
  • Hurt (Solitary Tales, #4)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Untouched
  • I Remember You
  • The Book of Riley 3 (The Book of Riley #3)
  • Within Ash and Stardust (The Xenith Trilogy, #3)
**Receive news, updates, and exclusive excerpts from Melissa by subscribing to her e-newsletter!**

Melissa Landers writes science fiction for teens and the young at heart. The Alienated trilogy (ALIENATED, INVADED, UNITED) and the Starflight duology (STARFLIGHT, STARFALL) are complete! Look for Melissa's middle grade debut BLASTAWAY, now available from Disney-Hyperion.

**IMPORTANT** Please do not

Alienated (3 books)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • Invaded (Alienated, #2)