Start by marking “London Belongs to Us” as Want to Read:
London Belongs to Us

London Belongs to Us

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  775 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Sunny's always been a little bit of a pushover. But when she's sent a picture of her boyfriend kissing another girl, she knows she's got to act. What follows is a mad, twelve-hour dash around London - starting at 8pm in Crystal Palace (so far away from civilisation you can't even get the Tube there) then sweeping through Camden, Shoreditch, Soho, Kensing ...more
Published June 2nd 2016 by Hot Key Books

To ask other readers questions about London Belongs to Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Belongs to Us

Stacey (prettybooks)
I've (almost) always lived in London and adore books set here, especially when they're written as well as London Belongs to Us.

London Belongs to Us takes us on a fast-paced London adventure: 17-year-old Sunny receives a photo of her boyfriend kissing another girl, so she leaves Crystal Palace to find out what's going on and ends up at Alexandra Palace 12 hours later. It's an unpredictable, colourful journey that takes Sunny through Camden, Shoreditch, Soho and more. I've been to almost every pla
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Full review can be found on Heart Full Of Books, here!

I was first drawn to this book because of it’s short timeline. It takes place over one night, and that would probably mean it would be a quick, fun read that could entertain me for a few hours. And I was right! London Belongs to Us is snappy and fast paced, the perfect read to start a summer of reading contemporary books.
Diem
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reread 17/09/2017
I've underlined the street names and used different coloured sticky tabs and everything because I'm going to London at the end of the year with my BFFL.

I can't wait to have Sunny from London Belongs to Us show us the London that she loves. Sadly, without the two handsome French boys.

First read 28/10/2016
I feel like Sarra Manning can do no wrong. She's now definitely one of my favourite authors.

ETA: Had to increase the rating. I don't know why I was being so nitpicky.
_________
Holly Bourne
I loved this book. It was a galloping, giddy ROMP of a book that you can fly through in one go. And I love how it's a romance where London is the leading male, not an actual person :)
Eeva
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect liking this book so much as I did.
It's a really cute, fast paced read.
It's not about romance, it's about London and finding your badass self and not needing anyone's validation. I loved it!
Vanessa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, Sarra Manning did it again! Although this was definitely not my favourite of her books that I've read so far, I still found it lighthearted, funny, and compulsive to read, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Sunny's has a boyfriend, and she's considering sleeping with him for the first time, but then the pictures show up of him kissing another girl. With the help of two French cousins known as The Godards, she goes on an all-night mission through the various areas of London to find him, and fin
Keertana
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did, but I should have known better because Sarra Manning. This entire book is a crazy roller coaster of an adventure as our heroine, Sunny, finds out that her boyfriend has another girlfriend from his previous school and has been two-timing her for the entire duration of their "relationship." Sunny starts off wanting to forgive him, but as she searches London for him, she begins to realize that she deserves a lot better. The plot doesn't seem all t ...more
teavious
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Look, this book is short and cute and you should totally get on board with it if you want something catchy and easy to read, yet still very fun!
I've first heard about this book on several booktube channels and I decided to give it a try on a whim; I'm trying to ease my way back to reading (after a disastrous October where I finished 0 books) and romances always do the trick.

Sunny loves her town and she thought she also loves Mark; until it is proven that he's cheating and acting totally unaccep
Kirsty
Fabulous stuff. I am an unashamed Sarra Manning Fan Girl. I have adored her work since her J17 days and I am so pleased that I got the opportunity to read this book.

I really loved loads of things about this book

I loved how diverse the characters were. The main character Sunny is mixed race and it was really interesting to see the impact that has on the way in which she is treated by some of the secondary characters in a world that should be well past making racist assumptions about others.

Speci
Aimee
A very decent UKYA contemporary with a strong feminist theme; it reminded me a little of Holly Bourne's books (in a good way!)
It was great fun to be taken on a wild tour of London by MC Sunshine 'Sunny' Williams and a gang of great supporting characters - especially Sunny's best friend Emmeline and the French cousins Jean-Luc and Vic. Each chapter is set in a different part of London, and begins with a few pithy paragraphs about the area, which I really liked.

I thought the writing in the first f
Jane Stewart
I loved a couple other books by this author, but this book is told in FIRST PERSON. I'm just not in the mood for a first person book.
Cat
Read more reviews on my blog.

I received this from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

OVERALL: LONDON BELONGS TO US is a an exhilarating, summery book that is truly funny and enjoyable. A great read for this summer!

LONDON BELONGS TO US is a bright, fun novel chronicling British teenager Sunny’s epic all-night journey around London. After seeing a photo of her boyfriend, Mark, with another girl, Sunny sets off on a mad search across London looking for the truth. Along th
Amanda
Seventeen year old Sunny lives in Crouch End with her mother, step-father, and step brother. Her father is Jamaican and her mother English, meaning she often feels as though people only see her skin colour, or just want to touch her hair, which she currently wears in an afro. Sunny's happily been dating Mark for 8 months and they were planning on having sex for the first time, but when she gets sent a photo of him kissing another girl, she knows she must confront him.

Sunny is a wonderful protago
Tripfiction
LONDON “A city of eight million people. Eight million lives. Eight million stories. This is just one of them”

We first came across this book via Books on the Underground, an organisation that does just what it says – a couple of book lovers plant top books on the tube in London for people to find, read and then return for the next person. It’s like an informal library. “We are not an official TFL endorsed project, we are a not-for-profit organisation run solely by a pair of London book lovers“. G
Alba
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2016/07...

What a fun read London Belongs to Us turned out to be! It all happens in 12 hours but what 12 hours! They couldn't be any more fun and adventure-packed even if they tried. It all starts in a park far, far away (well, actually, in Crystal Palace) where Sunny and her best friend are meeting some friends for a picnic. And then, she gets a text and Sunny's world turns upside-down. She needs to find her boyfriend asap. Slight problem thou
SJH (A Dream of Books)
I thought I would enjoy this title a lot as I've really liked all of Sarra Manning's previous books. Unfortunately it just didn't grab my attention and it seemed too much like other stories I've read before. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for contemporary YA when I picked it up, but for me, it was more of a miss than a hit.

The main character Sunny spends most of the book, which takes place throughout the course of one night, on the hunt for her runaway, potentially cheater, boyfriend. Her travels ta
Robin Stevens
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful, sparky YA love letter to London. A hugely fun race across the capital that will appeal to Sarra's existing fans (there are some great shout-outs to characters from her previous books) and make her a lot of new ones. (12+)

Megan
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I’d say Sarra Manning is one of my favorite writers. YA or just plain fiction, her books I can reread more than most authors and I never want to stop reading. I become antisocial when reading one of her books because I just can’t stop. This is the first books of hers that I could put down and wasn’t dying to pick back up. I think you’ll like it more if you live in London because it’s more relatable and fun. I’d normally probably give it 4 stars but I just hold her books to such a high standard t ...more
Emma
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! It was a short read and takes place over only one night. This was such a fun story to read - if you want a nice YA book that isn't cheesily romantic, definitely pick this up. I've visited London recently but this makes me want to go there again, like right now.
Also posted at https://shelftacular.wordpress.com/20...

There are a lot of quotes out there about how great London is. My favourite is from Samuel Johnson, who said, “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life”. I can agree with him there. London is one of those places I could endlessly return to and explore (if we ignore the cost because YIKES), so it took me about half the blurb of London Belongs to Us by Sarra Manning to be convinced this was I book I’d adore. This story reads like a l
Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa
May 27, 2017 marked it as started-didnt-finish
Read about 20 pages - the voice just isn't for me.
Zarina
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Sunny is a London teenager in a happy relationship with her boyfriend Mark, and with her parents away for the night she has decided that she is ready to take the next step in their relationship. That is, until she receives a text from OMG!Martha in which she sees Mark kissing a girl in short shorts. Even though she had just made the trek all the way to the other side of London to Crystal Palace, Sunny is absolutely crushed and the only thing she wants to d
Ely
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Review coming soon.
Karen Whittard
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, author Sarra Manning and publisher Bonnier Publishing for the opportunity to read this book.

I love London so what can be more perfect than a book set in London? Well the book being a fun read which this is.

Seventeen year old Sunny is in love with her boyfriend Mark all is good and Sunny is ready to make a big comment to Mark and loose her virginity with him to show him how much he means to her. Sunny thinks the feeling is mutual well that is until she is sent a picture
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on 12/3/2016**More like 3.5 stars*

I must admit that I love Sarra's stories. She hits that right combination of romance, sweet and a deeper message than you'd expect. I loved her YA story, Adorkable (link to MM's review), and I adored You Don't Have to Say You Love Me (link to MM's Grown-Up Book Reviews)

Sunny is a girl, who is unsure of what she wants. She's flattered by her boyfriend, who comes from a richer side of London. She thinks she is in love. Maybe. And she'
Anya (An Awful Lot of Reading)
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, signed
Read it in a day, so very funny and clever! Full review to come.

Sarra Manning's new book is the very definition of a wild ride. Set over one day and night, Sunny goes on a quest across London to find her boyfriend and demand an explanation for this photo of him kissing another girl. For various reasons, he is difficult to pin down and Sunny gets more and more irritated. Manning created a brilliant main character in Sunny; she grows ever braver as the night wears on and I loved her voice from the
Ellie
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This is one of those books that I felt managed to capture a bit of what it was like when I was an older teen. Nowadays, if I go out, it tends to be to one place and I’ll have a solid plan of getting home, and will probably be in bed by 11pm! But like Sunny, once I’d go out and go round a few bars, end up at people’s houses, then maybe go to a club or wander round looking for food. OK, my nights weren’t quite as actioned packed as this one, but it had me reminiscing.

It’s more of an anti-romance t
Gloria
2.5 Stars

See, I was so excited to read this book. I love London, it's MY city. I would give almost anything to live there. I was in love with London since I was little and the first time I visited was the best day of my life.
So, I over hyped myself before I read this book and that's always a dangerous thing to do, because I really wanted to love it, but it was just ok.
This book it's about Sunny, a teenage London girl, who spends all her Saturday night chasing and trying to find her boyfriend thr
Zoe
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a clever, laugh-out-loud funny, imaginative novel.

The writing is exceptional. The characters are smart, adventurous, and engaging. And I love that the sights, sounds, history and diversity of London play a key role, and is a character itself.

The plot is fast-paced, the whole story takes place within 12 hours, is full of fantastic escapades, and is so engaging you will read this book in one sitting.

This is a great book. I loved it.

Thank you to NetGalley, especially Bonnier Publishing, for
Jaz
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars. Very enjoyable and fun. This book delivered exactly what the blurb said it would and this pleases me greatly. I had my doubts about Sunny going across all London to hunt for Mark and all the things that happened but oh they so totally did and it was believable and relatable.
Totally adorbs and I loved the way Manning shows the reader a different side of London - not the touristy bits, but the 'burbs and what it's like to really live there and be part of the city.

Full review to come.
  • Nothing Tastes as Good
  • Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl, #1)
  • Crush
  • The Big Lie
  • Counting Stars
  • All of the Above
  • Sophie Someone
  • The It-Girl (The It Girl, #1)
  • Remix
  • Who’s That Girl?
  • Stray (Stray, #1)
  • Drop
  • The Island
Sarra Manning is a teen queen extraordinaire. She spent five years working on the now sadly defunct J17, first as a writer and then as Entertainment Editor. She then joined the launch team of teen fashion bible Ellegirl, which she later went on to edit and has consulted on a wide range of youth titles including Bliss, The Face and More.

Sarra is now editor of What To Wear magazine. She's also been
More about Sarra Manning

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Bitch is just a word that boys say when they don’t have the power to hurt you any more.” 0 likes