Start by marking “The Next American President” as Want to Read:
The Next American President

The Next American President

The Next American President is a novel with a message, actually two books in one. The fictionalized and highly interesting story of a regular, middle class, every day American guy becoming the next president of the United States through a strange twist of fate, is interspersed with a well researched documentary on the serious problems that threaten our way of life in moder ...more
Published July 25th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Next American President, please sign up.
Fred Seaman I thought long and hard about what qualities were going to be needed in our next leader, and these seem to be the ones that are key essential. Without…moreI thought long and hard about what qualities were going to be needed in our next leader, and these seem to be the ones that are key essential. Without these characteristics our next president will not be able to meet the challenges that will present themselves during the next four years.

The single most important quality will have to be toughness. Not a bully. Not a braggart, but true, quiet, solid toughness that makes it possible to effectively use the other nine qualities necessary to survive and thrive the many crises that will arise during the next administration.(less)
Fred Seaman Hi Kiely,
Very good question.
Hi Kiely,
Very good question.
To initiate a Constitutional Convention two thirds, or 34 states, must have their legislatures call for a convention. This would be accomplished by grassroots petition efforts.

Issues that need to be added to our constitution by amendment are:
Campiegn finance reform
A balanced budget.
Mandatory reduction of our national debt until it is gone.
Term limits.
Recall petitions.
Automatic expulsion for accepting any gifts or bribes.
Have district boundary lines drawn by computers.(less)

Laurie Oliver
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fred Seaman wrote a timely story of what might be a hopeful move on the part of the American people to return our country to the control of the people who live in it. Those who work hard every day to provide for their family, and still want to believe that our President, and the people in Congress are there to do the will of the people...the 90% whose voices are not heard. The book takes you to a place of hope. The story will beg the question: Why couldn't this happen?
Jaclyn
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I won this book for free in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an honest opinion*

What a fun and thought provoking book. This book is a nice blend of reality with fiction. The characters are all really interesting and enjoyable as well. If you don't like profanity, you might not like this book. If it doesn't bother you, you'll probably love this book. I would recommend this to anybody who likes politics and is sick of the corruption in our government.
Sharon Dickson
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Fred's novel and could not put it down! Filled with insightful ideas for change, this fictional story should be true! Fred's intense love for his country shines through with every word. This novel should be a manual for all future presidents. It's a must read for all American citizens!
Karyn Rae
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're wondering who to vote for in 2016, study up with this political read!
Kiely
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Exciting must read.
This book has a very cool story intertwined with what is wrong with America.
It is right on with it's no more professional politicians message.
Michelle
Youssef Oubarka
rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2016
Fred Seaman
Aug 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sangeeta
Cynthia Schwarzer
Robert
The Next A,merican President 1 1 Nov 07, 2016 07:57AM
The Next A,merican President 1 1 Nov 07, 2016 07:57AM
Fred Seaman is a product of and lifelong resident of the "Show Me" state and has always had a deep and abiding love for its wooded hills and wandering streams, and for the greatest nation on earth which surrounds his native Missouri.

He is a member of the Columbia chapter of the Missouri writers Guild, the father of the best two kids ever, and lives with a little white crazy dog named Stretch.