Start by marking “Falling Stars (Falling Stars #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling Stars (Falling Stars #1)

Falling Stars

(Falling Stars #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
What if you met the right person at the absolute wrong time?

Meet Val Saunders and Sam Newman, two Hollywood actors at opposite ends of their careers. Hers is skyrocketing while his, well, never really took off. Fate brings them together when they’re cast as lovers on a steamy new television series. The on-screen chemistry between them is off the charts and when it spills o
ebook
Published November 24th 2015 by Xio Axelrod LLC

To ask other readers questions about Falling Stars, please sign up.
Xio Axelrod This story has been re-imagined as FALLING STARS and will be released on 24 November. =)

Nia Forrester
This is a new writer for me. And like every new writer you "discover", there's a mix of emotions--a sense of elation that you found them, and a sense of betrayal that they've been hiding from you. Xio Axelrod's book 'Falling Stars' was a risk for me, because when I picked it up, I knew it was the beginning of a series, and I'm generally not a fan of those where each book ends inconclusively. First of all, this isn't one of those. 'Falling Stars' can stand on its own, whether or not another book ...more
Dee's Books
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that you just didn't want to end... well this one was it for me. The story was written well with passion and heart and Sam and Val will leave you saying ahhhhh, literally.

I tend to give too much away in my reviews so I recommend this book to readers who love the ideals of true chemistry and love even though major obstacles were in their paths.

You will love Axelrod's writing style! Her words are cleverly crafted.

Read this one and I promise you will love it too!

5 great S
Kim
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we meet the right person at the wrong time in our lives. That's what happens in Xio Axelrod's Falling Stars on the set of We the People--the fictional TV show set where Val and Sam, two actors on the opposite spectrums in their careers, meet and fall in love.

One of the things that I love most about Falling Stars is the spot-on character development. Both Val and Sam are fully-fleshed characters whose flaws make them all the more real. As we follow their relationship (and their attempt
Rhenna Morgan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I picked up my copy of this book, I'd already read one of Xio's books and had seen several positive reviews for this one. Now I know why.

It's real. Sure it's fiction, but it covers real life and real emotions beautifully. Understand, while it has romance, it's not the standard romance fair...and I didn't care a bit. The characters were all richly developed and the story beautifully crafted. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing where things end up with Val and Sam in Starlight, the next in
Flip
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good I can't wait for book two!!!!!!
Tina
I really enjoyed being able to sink into a well written work with such layers. This is a romance novel that told a story and left me feeling full and invested in the characters. I just DNF'd a book that had more pages and all sorts of drama, but left me feeling like I was bloated on empty calories -- I couldn't even finish the book!

But this one -- what a night and day difference! And this story isn't even finished.

Which actually is one of my issues with the story... but before I get to that...

I
Twyla Turner
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a Tease!!! I loved this book! I really enjoy Xio's writing style and the story was well written. Though I was waiting with bated breath for Val and Sam to finally get together. You're so cruel to tease me like that, Ms. Axelrod!!! Of course, this story hits a soft spot for me because of the parallel to the show Scandal. I have often analyzed Kerry and Tony's body language and interaction during interviews, wondering if the off-the-charts chemistry they have on camera crosses over to the rea ...more
Sophia
Team Samerie

Wow!!!! This was such a good read. I enjoyed the story of Sam and Valerie. If you are a fan of Scandal then you will enjoy this love story. Sam and Val are the leading love interest on the prime time show We The People. Both are heavily attracted to one another both on the screen and off, but Sam is married. And he's not the type to break his vows. On the flip side Sam's marriage is nothing more than a partnership that has passed its time limit. It's heartbreaking when you find the
Pan
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xio has a way of crafting Sam and Val so beautifully. When I was first introduced to her novel, it was total fate. Reading this novel made me believe in love and falling in love. Please support this novel and my lovely friend! Starstruck will be a novel you will NEVER forget. Sam and Val have stayed with me. I cannot wait to read more of her works.
Anika
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very well written book and a great read. The author did a great job in creating sympathic and vibrant characters. Adultery is always a hard sell in romance but here because of the way the author has crafted the story you are actually hoping for a happy ending for Sam and Valerie. Yes this book also gave me vibes of a certain tv show that I've recently stopped watching. Looking forward to part 2.
Sabine Priestley
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I missed reviewing this. I read it awhile back and am about to dive into the next book. What can I say? This sucker wrapped itself around me and squeezed until I couldn't breath. And then ended on a cliffhanger. I'm going to have to deal with Ms. Axelrod on that issue. lol. Loved it.
Debra Crosby
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right person wrong time

Valerie and Sam are stars on a tv show that have great chemistry on and off set but Sam is married, so they don't cross the line. The author makes you feel you are on set watching the scenes take place. There is a second book
--karen Green-berry
Disappointed

This book was highly recommended by a few people but unfortunately I don't share their enthusiasm. It started off slowly for me, which caused me to stop and start a few times. I'm halfway in and I just can't connect with the characters.
Patricia
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-tbr-list
I felt like I was reading a loosely base. In dept behind the scene look of the lead characters of Scandal. :)
Ida Louise
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xio Axelrod gives us a window into life with all it's messy twists and turns. Sam and Val are actors thrown together for a TV series. Their attraction is instant and mutual. Sam is married and has never strayed. Val has worked hard to achieve her stardom, never once allowing herself to sleep her way to the top. Soulmates with integrity meeting at the wrong time. Falling Stars gives us many questions to ponder, but most important is: How long do you dance around the elephant in the room? This is ...more
5 solid stars.

The writing is solid, the characters are flawed, beautiful, and believable, and the story is nicely paced. The chemistry and feeling that the author has written into these characters and this book come through strongly. This is the first book of Ms. Axelrod's that I have had the pleasure of reading. I read this story at the perfect time- right before the release of its sequel (Starlight). The Falling Stars series has earned its place on my favorites list. I look forward to reading
The CurvyJones
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing read! Well written, beautiful imagery, realistic scenes from the 'script' writing to the dialog between Sam and Val, Sam and Karen... I felt some shades of ShondaLand and the popular show reminiscent of 'Scandal'. I love the re-imagination in fiction form! Can't wait to read part two!
Lisa White
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!! Does not do this book justice.

This book is sooooo freaking awesome I almost can't even put it into words. Val and Sam are so well written it feels as if they're real, you WANT them to be real! These two almost leap off the pages for for you. I cannot wait til the next book comes out. Xio did a fantastic job creating these two. Loved it!!!!!!
Jean
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How can finding your soulmate be wrong? When one half is unhappily married, that's Sam and Val's dilemma. Once you begin reading it's hard to stop. Sam and Val are so appealing, you just want them to be together. I love a good romance story and this is one. Standing ovation for Ms. Axelrod.
S.C. Mitchell
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
O. M. G.

It's been a long time since I got so wrapped up in characters in a book that I wanted to shout at them. What a great, complex story. A tragedy/romance combo that left me panting for more. So glad to hear there is more coming. An Awesome Read!!!
Amy
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book. I was left wanting more and I can't wait to see where this author takes the story between the hero and the heroine. Definitely want to see noticeable progression in their love relationship.
Rosa
This is my first read of this author.I read and heard many praises from people that enjoy her works and it didnt surprise me how good she is.I really enjoyed reading this book,im rooting for h/h to have their HEA,cant wait for the second installment!
Onimuoyinbo
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent writing. Once you start, you can't put it down.
Bianca
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read. Just two people having to deal with falling in love at the wrong time. I find myself wanting to see how it all comes together in the end.
Yolanda
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't wait for book 2.
Carolin
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial
A great read! - fans of "Scandal"(Tony &Kerry...), will definitely like this I think.
Xio Axelrod
Aug 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
So excited to bring this story to the world as the FALLING STARS series, book one available 11/24/2015. =)
Limepalmtree
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. Love Val and Sam.
Jacinta Howard
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Petit(e) Chose
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Man, was that good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Fans of Interraci...: Jan 2016 BOM # 2: Falling Stars by Xio Axelrod 14 89 Jan 28, 2016 08:12AM
  • The Throwaway Year
  • Being Plumville
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Suddenly Blue
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
  • Georgie's Beau
  • Baby Love  (The Mel and Tia Trilogy #3)
  • Cree
  • Stereo (Stereo Hearts Book 1)
  • Dangerous Beauty: Part One: Destiny
  • The Politics of Love
  • Reye's Gold
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • Beyond the Velvet Rope
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Maybe Baby
Xio Axelrod is a USA Today Bestselling author of love stories, contemporary romance and (what she likes to call) strange, twisted tales. She also writes erotica as Xio Nin. Xio grew up in the music industry and began recording at a young age. When she isn’t writing stories, she can be found in the studio, writing songs, or performing on international stages (under a different, not-so-secret name o ...more

Falling Stars (2 books)
  • Starlight (Falling Stars #2)