Start by marking “Addicted to You (Port Lucia)” as Want to Read:
Addicted to You (Port Lucia)

Addicted to You

(Port Lucia #1)

In a sweet, sexy novel for fans of Abbi Glines, Monica Murphy, and Christina Lauren, the author of Just a Little Kiss tells the story of two friends who each want more—and the love triangle that’s holding them back.

In the sleepy fishing town of Port Lucia, everyone knows everyone, but Isla Diaz really knows Colby Callahan, with his blue-gray eyes and the tousled brown h
Published November 1st 2016 by Flirt (first published February 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Addicted to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Addicted to You

Pearl Angeli
"But truth be told, I'd never get enough of Colby, because I was completely and hopelessly addicted to him."

4 Stars!

Wow, this book just wormed its way under my skin. It's a sweet friends-to-lovers story that kind of reminds me of Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty and Abbi Glines' Rosemary Beach series.

"Just friends. As in no benefits."

Addicted to You follows the main characters Colby Callahan and Isla Diaz. Growing up in a fishing town of Port Lucia, they are best of friends since c
XxTainaxX
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. While the writing was excellent in this book, I found myself a bit frustrated at the push and pull between Colby and Isla. Although Colby's reasons were honorable, and revealed some depth, the story could've focused more on their growth as couple had he and Isla communicated instead of the typical dramatic drawn out plot. It is a credit to the writer that I was still engaged and invested, even as the characters challenged my patience. I liked how it all came together and what Colby's ...more
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beatrice by: Pearl Angeli
Shelves: arc, new-adult
Thank you LoveSwept for the ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a lovely guilty pleasure read! I would like to thank sis Pearl for recommending this book to me [click her name to read her amazing review!]. I really like Addicted to You because of the small town and friends-to-lovers romance with a little drama, usually these kinds of books are my go-to reads. Plus, the author's writing style is good and the story has a great romance, tension and angst.

Isla Diaz lives on a sm
Stacee
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was ok

After seeing the comparison to Christina Lauren and the BFF to more plot line, I was insanely excited for this.

I liked Isla. She's happy and positive, friendly and loyal. For the most part, I enjoyed being in her head. I also really liked Taylor and definitely would have liked to see more of her. As for Colby and Landon? I'm not sure what to say about them. They both have such potential, but it didn't seem like we saw any of it.

My main complaint was all of the push and pull. Everythi
Carrie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Isla Diaz has been friends with Colby Callahan forever but she's also had a bit of a crush on Colby that has never been pursued. One night the pair find themselves alone as a tropical storm heads into Port Lucia and as they play a few games to pass the time the next thing they know they find themselves in bed together.

After their night together Isla isn't sure what Colby may think of what happened between them and if this may ruin the friendship they always have shared. Things get a bit weird a
Ivy Deluca
description
The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between

The Good
-Love seeing a Latina heroine. Her little moments with her grandmother, the Spanish sprinkled into their conversations is comfortable and familiar to me and was easily my favorite part of the book.

-Likeable characters. Isla and Colby do have some chemistry that comes out from time to time, especially when there’s references to their long history and their familiarity to each other. In general, with a couple of glaring exceptions (more on that l
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
2.75 STARS

I discovered Renita Pizzitola two years ago when I came across Just a Little Crush. It was an absolute gem of a new adult romance and I went on to request and review Just a Little Flirt and Just a Little Kiss last year. I gave each book at least 4 stars and when I heard Pizzitola was writing a spin-off series I was so excited. I requested Addicted to You as soon as it became available and jumped right in. And... *insert huge sigh*

Isla has been in love with her best friend Colby for yea
Roxanne
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
2.5 stars. Full review to come
Rubi
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2016
"There were probably a lot of girls who would give anything to be pinned between the hot bartender and the sun-kissed boat captain. It was like the perfect love triangle."

I went into this one really hoping for a cutesy young romance. Instead, I got a whole lot of childish back and forth that quickly got very old. Isla and Colby couldn't stay on the same page long enough to really move the story along more than an inch. The feeling of one step forward, two steps back was inevitable and really d
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo 9227608F-E9B8-47E6-8AF1-7C22FB8880EB_zpslfjf5w7i.jpeg

If you're looking for a light, feel-good, low angst friends to lovers story... then this is the book for you.

Renita Pizzitola really captures the joy and heartache of being in love with your best friend and being too unsure to share it with them. I loved how we really got into Isla's mind and how she second guessed herself so often. She was sure of her feelings, but questioning the mixed signals being sent to her from all over. It felt real and not like some OTT emotions that some books try to
Bette Hansen
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great NA read and the beginning of what should be a fun series to read. It's a friends to lovers story and it takes a while for these two to come to the realization that they both having more than friends feelings for each other. There is a great group of secondary characters which will make for some interesting stories in the future.

Isla Diaz has been crazy about Colby Callahan forever and she's ready to take things to the next level. Sadly he's put her firmly in the friend zone and
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
This book was okay and I did enjoy reading it. I like the characters just fine and could see the connection between Isla and Colby. They had good chemistry and I liked them together but the whole brother storyline is what really threw me off. It didn't seem as though Landon was utterly taken with Isla but rather just thought she was a great girl with girlfriend potential, so when Colby kept trying to step aside for him it felt like unnecessary conflict. There just seemed to be a lot of push and ...more
Tami
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is based on an ARC received from the author and/ or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

3.5

Ahhhhh the bad decisions made by young people... I know I didn't have it all figured out when I was growing up. Sweet young love, that is what this book offers.
Jess (the cozy reader)
Big thanks to Flirt Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review

After introducing the town of Port Lucia in Just A Little Kiss, I wanted to know more about Felicity's other friends in the little sea side town. Renita knows the reader's mind because she definitely delivers in this charming little story. Just like with the author's previous novels, there is romance, friendships, some drama, but ultimately finding exactly where you're meant to be and who you're meant for. This new series is
Lab
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet friend to lover’s story. This story takes place in a fishing town called Port Lucia. Colby and Isla have been friends for years. But what Colby doesn’t know is that Isla has had a crush on him since they were young. But he just sees her as a “kid sister” or at least that is what he tells himself. But after a one night, things start to get a little more serious. You can feel the sexual tension between them. While overall it was well written, light enjoyable read, it was a little f ...more
book bruin
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The minute I read the synopsis for Addicted to You, I knew I had to read it. The friends to lovers trope is one of my very favorites and Addicted to You did not disappoint. The story revolves around Isla, Colby, and Colby's older brother, Landon, who have all grown up together in the small town of Port Lucia. Yes, at it's core, it's a love story, but the relationships are not just between our main characters, but also between them and their families.

I loved Colby and Landon's bromance. They are
Sydney D
Isla Diaz and Colby Callahan are best friends -- best friends each secretly harboring feelings for one another. When a drunken, stormy night leads them into bed together, neither is sure what it means for the two of them. Isla wants more, but convinced that Colby doesn't, she flees. Colby wants more but there's something (or someone) holding him back. Will they follow their hearts towards the love they both feel or will they be kept apart by circumstance?

4.5 stars!

I LOVED THIS BOOK! Couldn't put
Elizabeth Horbaczek
This book was given to me for an honest review

I read the blurb and thought this would be a cute story, I was frustrated by the end of this book. I enjoy best friends finding their way to each other, fumbling but in all seeing what they had right in front of them. This book was nothing but frustrating. Colby drove me completely nuts. He was so hot and cold. He won't tell Isla how he feels because someone else likes her. He does something at a party with Isla and then just I don't know fl
Ellyn Adkisson
3.5 starts

I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review.

I do love a good love story especially one that starts out as best friends. Longtime best friends who having feeling for each other but neither of them have told the other. The other complication is Colby's brother Landon who also has a crush on Isla. Colby and Isla don't realize that they both have feelings for each other.

The story is told from Isla point of view. The first half was just reading about Isla's thoughts and feelings
Michelle
I volunteered to read this book provided by NetGalley to review.

I like best friend stories. I like that the friend zone can be crossed. But this book had just too much introspective talk for me. Isla sometimes drove me crazy thinking Colby should know what she was thinking or how she felt about him, at the same time wishing he would just tell her how he felt about her. That type of character trait always irritates me, but it's one I know us females have.

The story line was fun and cute, but too
Katerina
Nov 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There really was no storyline to this book. Waste of words.

Two brothers.
Landon. Older. Extrovert. Has a crush on her.
Colby. Boring. Loves her. Festering because of his brother.

Guess who encourages her... Landon. He had a crush. He easily got over it. What was the big deal?
Kari Davis
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friend Zoned...We all have been there, but seriously would you take the chance and make a move or stay in the friend zone?

So I love Renita Pizzitola...Her books are just so freaking addicting! This woman can write and she’s entertaining. She does a fantastic friends to lovers and second chance themes. I can’t get enough of her writing and I highly recommend it! If you have read her Crush series, you have been introduced to the characters. This is a spin off series. YAY!!

Okay first let me tell y
Courtney
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Super duper meh.

I really just found Isla to be irritating with all her back and forth, does-he-doesn't-he, poor me attitude. And somehow there were like, what 3 dudes that were all trying to get after that? Pass.

And Colby was so beige it wasn't even funny. Most of the time he was white noise in the background and then we're supposed to buy that it's because he's an observer? No, that dude is like the crappy kind of vanilla ice cream that isn't ice cream at all but that my favorite Chinese restau
Naja Pedersen
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and all its cheesiness<3

Damn this book had a lot of cheesy moments! Bu I’m the kind of girl that doesn’t mind. At all. I love it. #cheesiness4life

Some of the female characters in books are like not confident and experienced with sex. But Isla was. And I loved that. Like even though she had been in love with Colby since forever. It didn’t stop her from having sexual experiences with other guys. Just like it didn’t stop him. I loved that.

So this is a really good book and I reall
Danny Jeffery
This was a nice new adult read and was an easy friends to lovers story. The characters are sweet and likeable, however, If I'm honest, the story stalled a little in the middle and felt repetitive. All the way through, I felt that it needed something to happen to lift the story.

I was provided with a copy of this book from the Publisher via NetGalley under no inducement or obligation.
poppy
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written new adult contemporary romance,i just love a good friends to lovers book and this was great just loved Isla and Colby a well written book you wont want to put down Super read just loved it
Kennedy
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good love story!

I found this book quite by accident, but I'm so glad I did. Interesting dynamic, excellent chemistry, great plot, and all in all a great read. Her parents were such a disappointment, but her adorable grandma, more than made up for it.
Ann
Nov 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I didn't like the back and forth. I wanted to love the characters more but over all I did enjoy the story.
Swan En
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Fast pace and happy endings.
Cecilia
« previous 1 3 next »

• Solo
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Unexpected Proposal (Miami Lawyers #1)
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Say Something... (Speak, #1)
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s #1)
  • Fly (Velocity, #1)
  • Gone Wild
  • Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove, #2)
  • Heartfall
  • Billionaire Blackmail (Billionaire Blackmail, #1)
  • Claire (Hart University, #2)
  • A Mess of Reason
  • The List (College of Charleston, #1)
  • Sweet & Wild (Canton, #2)
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Unbreakable, #1)
Renita Pizzitola is the author of New Adult contemporary romance and Young Adult fantasy. When not writing, she can be found feeding her caramel macchiato addiction and reading just about anything she can get her hands on. She lives in Austin, Texas.
“Oh, I see how it is.” Matt reached both his arms into the air. “Hang on, let me just do a few stretches.” Then he rolled his head from front to back. “Loosen up a bit.”

His little spectacle made me laugh, a genuine These are my friends; why not enjoy myself? kind of laugh, and my body finally relaxed.

“Hey, laugh all you want, but just remember half of my team is completely sober. We have a fifty-percent advantage.” He slung his arm around Taylor.

“Or disadvantage—have you never seen me play beer pong? I kind of suck,” she admitted.

“Shh, babe, this is the mental game. We’re just psyching them out. I know you can’t play for shit.”

I lifted my hair into a ponytail and pulled a hair tie from my wrist. “You do realize we can hear you, right?”

“You do realize I can hear you too?” Taylor added. “I mean, way to boost my confidence right before the big game,” she teased.

“I know, babe, and I’m sorry, but look—it’s working. Isla’s getting ready for a throwdown. She’s pulling her hair up and she’s all ‘Hold my purse.’ ”

“Purse?” Taylor mouthed.

I shrugged and forced back another smile. Game face, right?

Landon chuckled. “Okay, okay, let’s go. Someone needs to get their ass kicked before they just pass out altogether. I’m winning this game by merit, not default.”

As the game started, I found myself letting go. Colby drifted from the forefront of my thoughts. Forgotten were Landon’s supposed feelings for me. And I had fun. I laughed at how incredibly off our aims were. And when one of us succeeded by chance, we’d turn to one another and high-five without even a second thought. We were in sync. We were having fun. And we were winning. The perfect team.

Landon tossed the final ball. It bounced effortlessly into a cup, and I squealed as he covered his mouth with his hand. “Ohh, is that what I think it is?” he mocked the losing team. “Isla, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe we just kicked some serious ass.”

I stared at the table and nodded, my expression one of mock-seriousness. “Why Landon, I believe you are correct.”

He then busted out some sort of celebratory end zone dance.

Laughing, I nudged him and shook my head. “Okay, okay.” But when he wouldn’t stop, I finally grabbed both his hands. “Oh my god, we won. Now don’t spoil that with whatever this is!”

He flipped his hands so that he was now holding my wrist and tugged me into his arms. Then he pumped one hand into the air and shouted, “Victory!”
0 likes
“I raised the bag in my hand. “I heard you were sick and brought you some of Grandma’s caldo. Oh, and orange juice, per her request.”

“You. Are. The. Best.” Landon stared at the bag, looking like I could pull out a live chicken and he’d still eat it.”
0 likes