Start by marking “Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy, #1)

Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  2,417 Ratings  ·  403 Reviews
The right love is worth the wait.

Sierra
Seven years have passed since I fell for Boone West. The brooding bad boy. We were friends, even when I secretly wanted more, but I settled for what he offered. After he left Wyoming--and me--I grew up. Moved on. Or so I believed until he blew back into my life with the scorching force of an Arizona desert wind.

I'm not that innocent s
ebook
Published June 19th 2016 by Ridgeview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unbreak My Heart, please sign up.
Bailey It's out NOW. WHAT are you WAITING FOR? GO Get it in ebook!!
Mary Gaither Yes. There's a preview of the book at the end of Long Time Gone. Sierra is now 22 so that makes Boone roughly 25-26ish.

Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'All. Fucking. In.' Stars!
 photo Unbreak My Heart - Lorelei James_zpsql8kdqie.png

If you are a Lorelei James fan and you have read her Rough Riders series, I am pretty sure you have been waiting for this book as much as me. Lorelei presented the protagonists of this story in Gone Country (the 14th book of the RR series) and I fell in love with them instantly. And, finally, after 4 AND A HALF LONG YEARS, we get the story we have been waiting for!

Unbreak My Heart is the first installment in the Rough Riders Legacy series and it's about the reunion
XxTainaxX
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sierra and Boone were best friends and independently they had feelings for one another that they held back. Then one day Boone decides to leave and they go their separate ways. Years later, they meet again by chance or by fate and something drives Boone to reconnect with his former bestie Sierra. The detail that went into the history between the two really lent credence to the depth of their feelings. There was a lot of hurt but what I took away from this story was that sometimes, you have to fi ...more
Sarah ♥
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I was so excited for this book and waited so long. Sadly, the book fell short for me. Sierra seemed a little to whiny in my opinion and the way they reconnected felt dull and boring. I also was hoping to see more people from the previous series make an appearance. I don't know. I think I went into this expecting a lot more than what was given. Oh well. I'm still planning on reading the other books coming up in this series.
Kim O
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Brand new series, brand new genre!

The wait for Boone and Sierra, the star-crossed friends from Book 10 of Lorelei James' Rough Riders series is OVER! Boone and Sierra are all grown up and are now the stars in their own touching love story. There is enough backstory with flashbacks to their high school days that even if you haven't read the Rough Riders series you'll not feel lost.

Boone West is what your perfect book boyfriends are made of. Ok, he may not be perfect but he's a sweet, ripped, dir
Jenna
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's finally here...and well worth the wait.
I'm happy to say that this book brought me the closure I wanted and needed from the West/McKay families.
Not only do you find out what happens with Boone and Sierra, Mrs. James throws you a bone with a glimpse at some of the other Next Generation characters.
There are NO cliff hangers, but it will leave you wanting more.
Michelle
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Super Hot and Sweet Stars!
Loved this one:)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Angeline's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Lorelei James is one of the best, must-read authors of today. She can write multiple genres with what seems like ease, which to me, as a reader, is phenomenal. While I always expect greatness from Miss James, she continually blows my expectations out of the water.

Unbreak My Heart is no exception. Boone West and Sierra Daniels McKay have grown up. I’ve always wanted their story since we met them in Gone Country, but they were too young. I
Soonya
I loved this book and it was worth the wait!

I think it's first NA novel where couple communicated and didn't have any kind of drama. Whenever some problem happened, they talked about it and fixed it. The progression of their relationship was nice and we got glimpses on how they developed as couple.

It's sort of a second chance story although (view spoiler)
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every so often an author writes two young secondary characters in a book who readers fall so in love with they want/demand to know more of their story. Sierra Daniels/McKay and Boone West story has been a long time in the making but its finally here. Seven years has passed since Boone broke Sierra's heart when he left Wyoming for the Army. Unbreak My Heart picks up when Boone returns with one thing on his mind – winning back the love of his life.

Both the genre (New Adult) and location (Arizona)
Sarah ~Book Addict~
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with Boone. He is amazing. I loved him, and I hurt for him as I got to know him. He grew into a beautiful person.

Seeing Boone and Sierra reconnect and their journey to their HEA blew me away. Sierra's growth and the way she was with Boone was beautiful to see.

Without a doubt, I will be reading this again. It's a beautiful, emotional, sweet, hot story. It's the perfect start to the Rough Riders Legacy series and I highly recommend it. Awesome read!

~ARC provided by the au
Jeanine
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What happens when your first love - who broke your heart, comes back into your life. This is the perfect conclusion to the Sierra and Boone romance, they were too young when they first met, even though the love was there. This is the conclusion of their story....I loved it. I takes you though all the emotions. Highly recommended. I was provided a copy of this book for an honest review.
Maja  (The Rambling Readerista)
Have waited for this book for so long but it ended up being a bore and couldn't keep me interested.
Laramie Briscoe
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to come....holy shit Boone West! <3
Alaina Meserole
Unbreak My Hear was kind of boring when it wasn't smutastic. At first, I didn't really like Sierra or Boone at least until the half way mark of the book and that's when I started to like them.

Sierra and Boone were kind of meh to me. Yeah, the first half of the book was boring to my ears but once they started to get together and ya know.. get together the book got WAY better. I felt like I was flying through the audio. The only time I really liked Sierra was when she was talking to her dad. I lov
Felicia
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a typical second chance at love kind of story.

The characters were cute. Boone was obviously swoon worthy. I mean what military guy wouldn't be. Especially when they're in uniform! Yum!

Anywho, the downfall to this book was that Cierra was annoying af. She just pissed me off. Like all the damn time. I listened to this book on audio. And I feel like having this read to me made me dislike her even more. She was just so damn boring. I couldn't get on her bandwagon. But Boone. Man, him I
Ginger
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC Copy of Unbreak My Heart in exchange for an honest review.
I have been a fan of Lorelei James for years—it all started with Colby McKay In “Long Hard Ride” (Number 1 in the Rough Riders Series) and well the addiction has never stopped. In 2012, her 14th book in the series “Gone Country” we meet the spoiled hot tempered teenage daughter of Gavin Daniels, Sierra Daniels. Her teenage romance from afar of Boone West, the troubled, misunderstood and angry young man ends when to prote
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Ahead This was a pretty good book. Boone West joined the army and left behind Sierra McKay they were friends and she has always wanted more so when he left town she moved on. Seven years have passed since we first met the pair in Gone Country, and lots has happened since then. The grown up versions of Boone and Sierra are just as appealing, maybe more so, than the teenage versions. I loved finding out more about Boone’s early life, and getting to know the man he has grown into. Young Sie ...more
Courtney Wade
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I loved it this book was well worth the wait. You first meet Boone and Sierra in gone country and all the readers wanted more...well we got it! 7 years later and we are with them again and it was amazing. You get grown up Boone and Sierra working it out and getting it on!
Lisa
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I waited so long for their story and it was worth the wait. Sweet, low on the angst and definitely full of love.

For fans of this series you will enjoy their HEA.
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book. I will not give anything away in this review because I hate that. I will say it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be! I had lots of happy tears. Boone was everything I dreamed he would be grown up. Sierra is a strong woman. Ky, Anton, and Hayden were funny and I can't wait to see their stories unfold. Yes we waited forever, but you can not rush excellence and that is what LJ gave us. She can take as long as need be if she continues to bring us these wonderful books. ...more
Heather Whitaker
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait!!! I was blessed enough to be gifted an ARC of this work of art. All I can say HOLY hotness Boone West. I love how Miss Sierra holds her own, and how we have a look into the next generation of Mckays. Definitely a 5 star read!!
Tiffany Simmons
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg worth the wait!!!

Lorelei has done it again! I couldn't put this book down! I wanted more and more and she gave it to us! Boone (sigh)
Laurie
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God I missed this series. It wasn't what I expected and I loved it. Did not disappoint. Excited this is the first in a new series and can't wait to read about this new generation.
Kahea
As a huge Rough Rider fan I have been a part of the group that has been not so patiently waiting for Boone and Sierra’s story. They were the two characters that made Gone Country for me (Yeah, I’m a RR fan but GC was not a fav...can’t love ‘em all unfortunately) and the way LJ left things with Boone and Sierra was heartbreaking. So I did the happy squee thing when it was announced that a book was in the works for them and did a squee/happy dance when I got my hands on an ARC and I was not disapp ...more
Kristine  Dow
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? Unbreak My Heart has totally filled my heart with love for Boone & Sierra. I fell in love with this couple in “Gone Country” and so enjoyed their journey in UMH. The waiting for this novel to come out was pure torture, but in true Lorelei James fashion, she did not disappoint. In fact she exceeded expectations.

I loved how she weaved in snippets of Boone and Sierra’s past into this book so that if you aren’t a fan of the “Rough Riders” series, and by the way, WHY NOT?!?!?!,
Jenn
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit to being a little sceptical when I heard that James was planning on extending her Rough Riders series into the legacy characters, beginning with Boone and Sierra. I need to have more trust in Lorelei James; she handled the transition seamlessly, and the reintroduction of Boone and Sierra felt honest and emotional.
When your first love comes back into your life after breaking your heart, it's hard to figure out where your loyalties lie. At first, Sierra and Boone's relationship is rock
Melissa
Have y'all ever wanted something so badly that when you get it you realize it wasn't worth the wanting or have had buyers remorse because it wasn't such a great thing. This has happened to me several times the last few years. I can tell you, I've wanted, no needed to read this book for the last 3.5 years and I feel just as excited closing the last chapter as I did when I started it.

We met Boone West and Sierra McKay as teenagers in Lorelei's Gone Country, a book in her erotic western series Rou
Donna
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sierra and Boone were friends seven years ago but haven’t seen each other since the night before Boone left for the army. Although they have cousins in common they don’t keep in touch for those seven years; she doesn’t because he broke her heart and he doesn’t because he needs to break away from all he knows in order to overcome all the hard knocks he went through as a child.

Now that he’s going to be in the same town she lives in, he makes it his mission to develop a relationship that they both
Tess
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get my hands on this book and start reading it. All I can say is.... all the hype and expectations leading up to the release of this book were well deserves in my opinion. It was everything I expected and so much more.
I loved the two main characters when I first read about them in Gone Country and was so excited to finally read their story. The story touched me in a way no other book has. The love story was funny, romantic and sexy and spicy at the same time.
It was wonderful
Dawn Baffa
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unbreak my heart, This is my first read from this author.
I enjoyed the book with all of the emotions , twists and turns that happened. It's a nice weekend book for someone to read. After reading the other reviews it sounds like their was a previous book prior that introduced these characters and this was a "follow up". I did not read any previous books and kept up with the story line quite well. So I would say it is a stand alone.

Sierra is a successful independent woman, who has come into her o
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Going Hard (Boys of Fall)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Foolproof Love
  • Homecoming (Boys of Fall, #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Home (Six Pack Ranch #11; Rocky Mountain House #16)
  • Three's Company
  • Asking for More (Asking for It, #2.5)
  • Worked Up (Made in Jersey, #3)
  • Addicted (Outlaws, #2)
  • Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11)
  • Now Or Never (The DeLuca Brothers #2)
  • Without Secrets (With or Without, #4)
  • Adam (Riding Hard, #1)
  • Midnight Quest (Men of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Savage Nights (Savage Trilogy, #2)
  • Downtown Devil (Sins in the City, #2)
  • Winter Solstice (Celestial Seductions, #1)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James

Rough Riders Legacy (2 books)
  • Piece of My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“your” 0 likes
“Like you were a work of art that I wanted to lock away because no one would ever appreciate your rare beauty like I would?” 0 likes