Start by marking “Vendetta (The Nikki Boyd Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vendetta (The Nikki Boyd Files, #1)

Vendetta

(The Nikki Boyd Files #1)

No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels this case has ...more
Published October 6th 2015 by Revell (first published September 29th 2015)

Start your review of Vendetta (The Nikki Boyd Files, #1)
Paige  Bookdragon
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
description

DNF @ 21%

This book has been in my "reading" shelf for almost two months already and I can't go on anymore. I like the plot of this book. A kidnapped girl and a main character who is driven to find her?Sounds like my cup of tea. I'm quite excited to read this but at the same time, still has the doubts because this is the first time that I will read a book by this author.

With all due respect, it's a good book. The way of writing is easy to read and you can easily get what is going on.

The problem i
Hannah
Don't start this one if you are ready to head to bed. I meant to read a few chapters to relax and ended up propping my eyelids open to finish the last few chapters. It's such a great suspense read and one I'm very glad to own. The mystery kept giving twists and turns minute after minute, so it was hard to know who would be shot next or stalked next and where the next clue would turn up.

On to book two!
Pamela
Fresh dialogue and characterizations; relevant and timely crime story; meaningful Christian message without coming across as preachy. Overall, an exciting, solid good page-turner, having kept my attention throughout. The only unfavorable comment: internal angst over past regrets was a bit overdone, bordering on maudlin.

3.75 roundedup.
Melanie
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-read
Vendetta is my first book by Lisa Harris and I really enjoyed it! The suspense was great and definitely kept me guessing. I couldn't figure out who was behind the kidnapping until it was finally revealed.

I loved all of the characters. I thought the tease of romance between certain characters was great and I hope we get to see if something develops in the next book.

I definitely recommend Vendetta if you enjoy romantic suspense. It's really good!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one
Brittany
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was packed with suspense! It had me guessing all of the way through it and on pins and needles to find out if Nikki Boyd would be able to find the missing girl and information about her missing sister.

Vendetta really kept my attention from start to finish. It was a hard book to set down because it seemed that there was always a new trail to follow and a new clue to track down. It dealt with a lot of emotions, too. Nikki Boyd has a lot of guilt wrapped up in her sister’s disappearance,
Rachel
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! There is plenty of suspense to keep you on your toes! The romance is really in the background on this one. Although her friendship with her best friend's husband (the best friend has passed away) is tender and sweet, there's not a clear romance between them. A good start to this newest series by Lisa Harris.
Dawn
Nikki Boyd is driven. She's a member of the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force, and strives to make sure that other families don't suffer the way hers has. Ten years ago, her sister went missing. The case is still unsolved, and Nikki will do anything to make sure that other families get answers to their missing persons cases. A day of rock climbing is cut short when Nikki is called to assist with the disappearance of a teen girl. At first, this appears to be like any other missing person's cas ...more
Staci
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This was a solid suspense novel and there was a cliff hangar at the end of almost every chapter keeping me turning the pages. What I enjoyed most was the setting. Much of the story took place in Gatlinburg and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I had the pleasure of spending a week there in 2013 and was familiar with several references to the area and activities. I look forward to reading the series further.
Rissa
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vendetta 3.75⭐️

Nikki lost her sister ten years ago and when another girl goes missing in the forrest Nikki is determined to get this girl back to her family alive, and soon.
This was action packed but also had moments of nothing which is nice for thrillers to have lulls. Nikki is a strong character that really makes you want to keep reading makes you want her to succeed.

But then there was a lull and it didnt pick back up. Yes thigs happened big thigs but i wasnt as invested in the story. I thou
Donna
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Vendetta by Lisa Harris is the first book in this new series; The Nikki Boyd Files.
I could not put the book down. It is action-packed and heartbreaking. The female lead lost her sister 10 years ago and she's never been found. Nikki now works for the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force. The story opens with her and her best friend’s widow, honoring the day her best friend died. She gets interrupted with a called that another girl is missing. I liked so many things about this book. She works wi
Karin

Nikki Boyd is caught with a dangerous move of her rope as she is rappelling down a cliff with the widow of her best friend, on the anniversary of her friend's death, when she realizes she needs help. Yes, she make it to the bottom, thanks to Tyler's help, but then gets a call; a teen girl has been abducted not far away, could she check it out since she's the closest member of the Tennessee Missing Task force to the the call? As she and others are following leads, they find a clue that g
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Person Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels that this case is getting personal, and that she is not the hunter at all--but actually the one being hunted.
With this e
Christian Fiction Addiction
Vendetta explodes into action from the very beginning, and scarcely lets up its pace as it races to the conclusion. Harris has done a great job at creating two very likable characters in Nikki and Tyler, and throwing them into one harrowing scene after another. If you are anything like me, you will instantly feel empathy for them as they struggle to move on with their lives in the wake of pain and loss. And, as a reader who doesn't love over-the-top romance, I am happy to report that the author ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I. Love. Romantic Suspense. It’s by far my favorite genre. And while Vendetta doesn’t have much in the way of kissing, the romantic tension is so good! Lisa Harris has done a marvelous job of setting up the series, the characters, and the romantic subplot that will carry through the other books. The romantical tension wasn’t resolved at all in this first book but rather built slowly and left open great possibilities!! Possibilities which I am much looking forward to :-D

The case played out like a
Cara Putman
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this page-turning suspense novel. There is the hint of a future romance, but true to a book that unfolds in three days, there is no forced romance. Instead there is a deeply conflicted heroine who is doing her best to find a missing teen and finds herself in the crosshairs of the plot. This novel is filled with twists, turns, and an impending sense of doom. I loved it and can't wait for the next installment!
Hayleigh S.
May 31, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF-ed due to subject matter.
I wish I wasn't so creeped out by this stuff, but honestly one of my biggest fears is being abducted so this played with my mind in the worst way. What I read was excellently written and just so creepy and mysterious, but the subject matter got to me. I couldn't handle the darkness of this book.
I would recommend if you aren't afraid of child abduction, but if you're like me and this subject just scares you, don't read it.
Karen
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books I would love to watch on the big screen. From the very first chapter, I was unable to put this book down until I could find out how it was going to end. These characters immediately become familiar and the story is so intense and just draws you in. Can't wait for the next book in this series.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*
Grace Morris
This was a fun thriller. I love how we got to see the investigation up close. It got pretty intense in some parts, you really saw the need of finding the girl who is kidnapped as fast as possible.

I really shipped Nikki and Tyler together at the point when they were rock climbing. And I don't know why but (view spoiler)

Nik
Loraine Nunley
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Loads of suspense in this story. A missing teen and the hint of a resolution to a past cold case pulled me along for a thrill ride with Nikki Boyd. Usually I like a good balance of romance and suspense in my romantic suspense books, but in this case, the romance is a very slow burning one, acting as a delicious side dish to the heart pounding suspense. Full review is at my website.

I received this book complimentary in a giveaway. I was not required to give a review. All of the opinions I have ex
Megan
This was a very enjoyable suspense book. So much happened, but it was written in such a way that it seemed believable and I didn't want to stay away from the book for long whenever I had to put it down - it was that good. I'm really curious about a couple of things and hope there are resolved in the next book.
Sarah Grace Grzy
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so that was kinda creepy and I stayed up way too late reading it . . . Also, I loved Tyler. Cause, ya know, his name's Tyler. :D
Lisa Johnson
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Vendetta (The Nikki Boyd Files #1)
Author: Lisa Harris
Pages: 304
Year: 2015
Publisher: Revell
Nikki Boyd is a Special Agent for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in their Missing Persons Unit. She was a teacher, but with the abduction of her sister ten years ago, she turned her career toward police work. She served her time as a beat cop and now has trained for this specific unit created to find missing people. Nikki still holds out hope that her sister, Sarah, is still alive and has dedi
Raechel Lenore
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just read this for the second time, and upped the star rating because I enjoyed it and God used a part of it to encourage me when I needed it. Very good story!

-----------------------
Review from first read:

This book was a lot more than I thought it’d be when I first started it! I thought it would just be moderately good to me, because modern day fiction is just not a particular favourite genre of mine, and I don’t really read a lot of mysteries. But wow! This book quickly grabbed a hold of me and
Amanda Geaney
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To enter for a chance to win this new release title visit http://wp.me/p4ExQk-pY (Ends 12/5/15)

Vendetta by Lisa Harris possesses a frighteningly plausible scenario about a young teen who has gone missing. Special Agent Nikki Boyd of the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force happened to be in the vicinity of the disappearance with her friend Tyler. They were commemorating the one-year anniversary of his wife’s death when the call was received. Nikki doesn’t hesitate to respond, as 10 years earlier
June Jacobs
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is Book One in the author's new series, The Nikki Boyd Files, and I'm already looking forward to reading the next installment (scheduled for release in the summer of 2016).

We are introduced to Special Agent Nikki Boyd and her job on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force as she is enjoying a day off from her job. As if her job is not harrowing enough, her hobby of rappelling draws us right into the action when she has a few anxious moments on a sandstone cliff with a rope malfunction.

Nikk
Victoria
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vendetta definition - a blood feud in which the family of a murdered person seeks a vengeance on the murderer or the murderers family

Favorite author just found! The Christian message was strong and amazing. Nikki and Tyler were both struggling with accepting some very difficult trials that was making them question how they viewed. the God they loved and trusted

Favorite/Most Affected By Parts
"Fine doesn't tell me anything," he (Tyler) countered. " Give me some details. Last night was your thir
Elizabeth
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: Book provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Vendetta gave me a Criminal Minds-ish feel, which I liked (as much as one can like Criminal Minds, based on its disturbing content) and the suspense was done fairly well, for the most part. It’s not wholly a mystery but it’s not wholly a suspense novel, either. I’ve read better suspense, but for the most part Vendetta is pretty decent in terms of that aspect.

I did think that Nikki was pretty flat and unappealing as a charact
Wendy Sparkes
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#1 The Nikki Boyd Files

Having loved Lisa Harris' Southern Crimes series, I was eager to read more from her, and yet there's always that slight apprehension when you start a new series of Am I going to like this as much as the one I've just read?

I needn't have worried.

I quickly got very caught up in the storyline and didn't want to have to put it down. Then when it ended, I was glad I had #2 on my Kindle so that I could carry on with Nikki and Tyler!

I really appreciated how Nikki and Tyler's rela
Tima
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nikki Boyd takes her job personally. She is on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force. The job is one she's been moving towards ever since she lost her sister 10 years ago. So some might say she takes her job too personally. When a young teenage girl goes missing in her area, Nikki is shocked to see that the signs all point to the same person who took her sister all those years ago. He's been dormant for years and now it appears that he's back to his old tricks.

I've enjoyed this author's book
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
I love to read a good crime drama. And I've come to love the work of Lisa Harris. I've had the pleasure of reading several of her novels and enjoyed each one of them. Unfortunately Vendetta just didn't click with me. It had all of the usual elements that I like, independent and strong lead female, interesting setting, and a heart-pumping situation. In fact it started off really good. But around chapter 5 or 6 it started to become a bit disjointed to me.

Without spoiling the story I can't share sp

• The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
  • Buried Secrets (Men of Valor, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • In Too Deep (Dive Team Investigations, #2)
  • Dark Prophecy (Elite Guardians, #4.5)
  • Dangerous Illusions (Code of Honor, #1)
  • Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1)
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • Smoke Screen
  • The Art of Eavesdropping  (The Sidekick's Survival Guide #1)
  • Moving Target (Elite Guardians, #3)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
LISA HARRIS is a Christy Award finalist for Blood Ransom and Vendetta, Christy Award winner for Dangerous Passage, and the winner of the Best Inspirational Suspense Novel for 2011 (Blood Covenant) and 2015 (Vendetta) from Romantic Times.

She has almost forty novels and novellas in print. She and her family work as missionaries in southern Africa. Lisa loves hanging out with her family, cooking dif

The Nikki Boyd Files (4 books)
  • Missing (The Nikki Boyd Files, #2)
  • Pursued (Nikki Boyd Files #3)
  • Vanishing Point (Nikki Boyd Files #4)