Start by marking “The Trouble with Snowmen (Trouble with Men #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Snowmen (Trouble with Men #1)

The Trouble with Snowmen

(Trouble with Men #1)

A Romantic Comedy all about heart-breakers (snowmen), fun shenanigans, fashion, séances, downtown Houston, urban cowgirls, and some of that kissy-kissy stuff.

Snowmen drift into your life like they were sent from above. The relationship is great, rolls right along, and builds. Everything seems perfect … until a little heat is introduced. Then they melt, leaving only their h
Published August 26th 2015 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Snowmen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Snowmen

Cari Sims-Burks
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh

I really wanted to like this book. The premise was good as were a few of the secondary characters. I also wanted to like the H and h for the most part but they did some VERY annoying things and came off as very junior high at times. They were supposed to be in their mid to late twenties. I was just disappointed. There were a couple of glaring grammatical mistakes so this wasn't worth it to me.
Jenny
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A short entertaining romance. I did enjoy this book overall, I wish there had been just one or two more chapters at the end to show the relationship development. However, I think this is the authors style and is great for people who don't want to spend days reading a book.

I won this book in a giveaway and appreciate the entertainment :)
Andrea
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never heard the term "snowman" before, referring to men, but I have definitely known my fair share! I think a lot of us have, which makes us relate to Haley right out of the gate. She has been left once again, and is just starting to figure out the pattern, thanks to her friends. So, she attempts to go to the opposite extreme for a little while. Like any good rom-com heroine, she falls flat on her face and makes a fool out of herself, while also somehow coming off as endearing. There is a ...more
Shelly
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a married woman, I found myself giggling throughout the entire book. I never had a name to put to a certain type of men but this book used the term 'snowman' perfectly! Rather than purchasing all of these 'how-to' books on relationships, this is a book that would be a better date guide than any and far outweighs the advice of your girlfriends.

This book is a reminder to always be true to yourself and what you want in life. We fall into a pattern with everything in our lives - including our re
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
Haley Monroe is a cowgirl and down to earth girl who just keeps getting screwed over by men. Snowmen they build and grow then one day they just melt and disappear leaving only one belonging to leave the girl/guy who was snowed longing for them again. With the help of her best friend she decides she needs to be the snow-woman so she can learn to identify them better. Larry is a best selling horror author who attends a seance for research. Their meet cute is funny with a seance falling to pieces w ...more
Sue Brooks
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to date not read any books by Dorlana Vann - BUT, I can guarantee that I will be looking for books of hers to read in the future!!!

Snowmen is a different type book for me to read but OMG it was amazing!!! The book moves quickly and keeps you on the edge of your seat, wondering what is going to happen next. I love the way that the author introduces characters throughout the book. Haley Monroe (the main character) has learned the definition of SNOWMEN the hard way. But - like so many female
Rose Baker
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Really wordy and repetitive

Story was wordy and repetitive. There were way to many times the characters rehashed things that had happened. They not only rehashed it once, but sometimes two or three times. Characters were not well developed and there was way to much going on. A lot of delving into the lives of side characters, an on again off again "friend with benefits", a ghost, a clothing designer who makes it onto a reality show and an apartment owner who finds a boy friend, sells the apartmen
Niki
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ashley didn't have the best luck with men, when yet another man left her she is done. Her friend convinces her to make herself harder too.
And then there is Larry an Author in his apartment is a seance held Larry takes Ashley as a public woman, while Ashley is determine not to get involved with the so called "snowmen" again. they both goes separate ways,....... till they find out that either is not what they thought, will it work out?

The book is fun to read, it has things that you can recognise (
Angelica
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this romantic comedy of the roller coaster ride trying to find your true love. Snowmen as a term was unknown until I read this, but I could immediately apply the title to some past men I have known. It was a sweet, funny and well-written romantic romp that I would highly recommend to he devoted romcom reader.
M
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining

The best way to describe this book is cute & fun. There is humor, wicked exes and sweet romance. Larry & Haley aren't characters that remain with a reader long after the story is finished. However, they make for an enjoyable read as they overcome their numerous misunderstandings.
InD'tale Magazine
This is a romance combined with a serious case of mistaken identity and miscommunication.

Read full review in the 2015 Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Greenfairylv
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Fun read; entertaining with colorful characters. Favorite quote: "Wait, wait, wait. Back up. I don't remember telling you to act like some Cinderella ho. I told you to make someone fall for you."
Victoria
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute fun read. I loved the title :). Haley is the main character who is quickly schooled in snowmen. This a really fun read.
Jane R
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and the story. I will be enjoying more books by Dorlann Vann.
Alexis
Maureen
rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2016
Dorlana
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cass

• Variables of Love
  • Two (One Universe #2)
  • As They Rise (Eva #1)
  • Storykiller
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
  • Wicked Luck (Wicked Luck, #1)
  • Thorns of Decision (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #3)
  • The Beauty of Lies (Stand by Me, #1)
  • The Life You Left
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • Untethered
  • Concealed in the Shadows (Concealed in the Shadows, #1)
  • Interim
  • A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1)
  • A Woman Gone Mad (A Woman Gone Mad, #1)
Dorlana Vann's inspirations are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies. She enjoys taking elements from fairy tales (characters, mood, moral, plot) and mixing them with a paranormal element and then dropping them in a contemporary setting.

She lives in Texas (born and raised) with her husband and teen-aged son. Besides writing, life is all about family, food, book-club, BBQ te

Trouble with Men (2 books)
  • The Trouble With Scarecrows (The Trouble With Men #2)