Jump to ratings and reviews

Galerie

Every family has secrets, but some are far darker, reach deeper, and touch a rawer nerve than others.

The daughter of Holocaust survivors, Vanesa Neuman’s childhood in the cramped intimacy of south Tel Aviv is shadowed by her parents’ unspoken wartime experiences. The past for her was a closed book... until her father passes away and that book falls literally open. Vanesa must now unravel the mystery of the diary she has received—and the strange symbol within—at all costs.

From Jerusalem, to the backstreets of Prague, and into the former “paradise ghetto” of Theresienstadt, Vanesa’s journey of understanding will reveal a seventy-year-old secret darker than she could have ever imagined.

[image]

About the author

Steven Greenberg

2 books27 followers
Briefly….

I am a professional writer, as well as a full-time cook, cleaner, chauffeur, and work-at-home single Dad for three amazing teenagers. Born in Texas and raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana, I emigrated to Israel only months before the first Gulf War, following graduation from Indiana University in 1990. In 1996, I was drafted into the Israel Defense Forces, where I served for 12 years as a Reserves Combat Medic. Since 2002, I’ve worked as an independent marketing writer, copywriter and consultant.

More than You Asked for….

I am a writer by nature. It’s always been how I express myself best. I’ve been writing stories, letters, journals, songs, and poems since I could pick up a pencil, but it took me 20-odd years to figure out that I could get paid for it. Call me slow.

After completing my BA at Indiana University – during the course of which I also studied at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Haifa University – I emigrated to Israel only months before the first Gulf War, in August 1990. In 1998, I was married to the wonderful woman who changed my life for the better in so many ways, and in 2001, only a month after the 9/11 attacks, my son was born, followed by my twin daughters in 2004. In late 2017, two weeks before my 50th birthday, my wife passed away after giving cancer one hell of a fight.

Since 2002, I’ve run SDG Communications, a successful marketing consultancy serving clients in Israel and abroad.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
15 (9%)
1 star
6 (3%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.