Start by marking “Blind Trust” as Want to Read:
Blind Trust

Blind Trust

(Above and Beyond #2)

After six grueling months in CIG's boot camp, Aeron Lorelei is looking forward to spending some vacation time with her friend Commander Renee Black in Colorado. When mother nature puts an avalanche in their path, they're stranded in a small mountain town. While walking downtown, Renee shoots a man for no apparent reason, and Aeron has until the roads are cleared to prove t ...more
Published June 1st 2015 by Bedazzled Ink Publishing

Diane
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome follow-up! This second book involves:- gripping plotlines,intense action,thrill seeking moments and lots of heart-wrenching twists & turns that threaten to shatter the life of one of the main character,who seemingly perfect world was about to bust. Also very good writing,solid supporting cast that had good chemistry and dialogues. Highly recommended series!
Penny
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice follow-up. I really liked that we got to understand a few things about Renee's past and the on-going evolution of Renee and Aeron's friendship (!?).

But it kind of reads like a side story, though.
J.A. Ironside
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After what seemed like a very long wait, I was really pleased to see Aeron back again. As with The Empath there are plenty of twists and turns here to keep you guessing as well as plenty of nail biting action. The glimpses inside the killers head are genuinely chilling, a real look at a disturbed mind.

I'll admit I was disappointed that we didn't get to hang out with Aeron at her mill but there were plenty of familiar faces and plenty of new friends too, so it was a short lived disappointment. B
Musa
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Versus the Empath, the Blind Trust doesn't come with the same kind of twist and turns, but given this is going to be a series of a few books, from hindsight, I like the story and pacing just as it is.

The story centers around Renee - who seemed to have shot an innocent out of no apparent reasons. After the incident, Renee was basically shunning everyone out and refused to communicate what has happened. Since Aeron and Renee were stranded in a small town due to avalanche, Aeron has until the town
Patricia Tobin
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up to The Empath. The second in a series is always a hard act to follow but JK has succeeded in spades. Aeron has returned from an unpleasant time at bootcamp to meet up with her compadre Renee, only to find that things are not what they seem. Once again we are taken on a rollercoaster ride of events, emotions with new friends and foes. JK delivers pathos and adventure in turn with scarcely a moment for us to recover. We have some new furry friends also and humour from the irrepress ...more
Darla Baker
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I immediately purchased this book after finishing The Empath. I needed more Aeron and Renee! And now, I'm geeking for Untrained Eye.

This second book in the series was every bit as engaging and suspenseful as the first. Seeing Aeron grow and blossom and come more into her own following the release from the mental institution and friendship with Renee from the first book was truly a joy and well written character development.

She's getting the hang of her burden, as we knew she would. Now let's hop
Bugs
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
This review applies to the entire Above and Beyond series (Book 1-5)...

If you haven't read Jody Klaire's Above & Beyond series, I highly recommend it! OMG! It's epic! A mammoth of an arc spanning 7 books in total. Very original, unique, fantastic thrills, action-packed, funny, extremely heartbreaking and heartwarming jammed into one, romantic, truly memorable journey & adventures.

First off, it's NOT what you think. The premise reads like an adventure/thriller but it's SO MUCH more than
Elisa Rolle
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blind Trust by Jody Klaire: http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwid... 2015 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Heather Henkel
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I really like this story. I like the small town folks that we meet and I really liked Zach. Aeron is a great character.
Kitty Kat
I didn’t think I could love Aeron Lorelei any more than I did after reading the first in the Above and Beyond series. I was wrong. I adore that woman. In ‘Blind Trust’ I saw another side to her and a impressive depth. There is nothing she will not do for other people and when it comes to Renee her devotion knows no limits. Renee’s feelings for her are so strong too. Will Aeron ever see what is right in front of her face?
When she and Renee are trapped in a small mountain town by an avalanche the
Woody
4.5 Stars rounded to 5 Stars
Great Sequel
Following on from the first story The Empath in the Above and Beyond Series, Aeron has been to Boot camp, and she didn’t do well. She failed the cold weather course, and wouldn’t touch a gun. Aeron and Renee are traveling to Colorado and get caught in an avalanche. They are trapped in a town and start helping the people who are trapped in the snow. Then Renee shoots a man and Aeron has to find out why, before the authorities arrive.
A great follow on sto
Aug 29, 2016
Corina Powell
Nov 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jody has been everything from a serving police officer to working in kitchens before finding her home in writing. She can often be found chuckling to herself at her own jokes; being pounced by her golden retriever Fergus; eating cake or chocolate or preferably both, and sometimes, when Fergus hasn’t run off with her keyboard, she writes stuff.
Best Maid Plans is Jody’s first book independently publ

Above and Beyond (6 books)
  • The Empath (Above and Beyond, #1)
  • Untrained Eye (Above and Beyond, #3)
  • Hindsight (Above and Beyond, #4)
  • Noble Heart (Above and Beyond, #5)
  • Black Ridge Falls (Above and Beyond #6)